GenoFlex Log

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright guys, sorry about the delay. Huge thanks to all the guys at PES for choosing me to test out GenoFlex. It couldn't of come at a better time. I'm currently a tester of Mike Tuscherer's most recent edition of Project Momentum and for nearly 4 full weeks it has been putting a damned beating on me. The main premise of the project is high frequency, high intensity. We're doing the big 3 almost exclusively. Meaning we're doing either the comp lift (bench/squat/deadlift) or a very close variation of the comp lift (eg: 2 count pause deadlifts, pin press, front squat, etc) at least 4x a week. Each session has 5 movements. To get a better idea of the training you can check out my training log, and I suggest you do..especially if interested in powerlifting. RTS (Tuscherer's training system) aint no joke!

The biggest issues i have currently through this project have been my knees holding up to all the squatting and my right wrist hurting from the pressing and also from all the squatting (i squat with a bent wrist grip around the bar). I also am 95% certain i had a broken hand (5th metacarpal) in the end of December and when i started this project in the beginning of Jan it was still pretty screwed up to the point where i had to change my grip on the bar. That grip was putting my wrist in constant radial deviation to take any pressure of the 5th metacarpal area and I believe that is where this issue in my right wrist presented from. For the focus of testing the efficacy of GenoFlex ill mainly be focusing on how my knees and right wrist are feeling but I'll also be keeping track of how my hips and lower back are feeling as those are more of a chronic thing which actually have been pretty good lately :knockonwood:

My history with past joint support products is fairly limited relative to others, I'm sure. I used bulk cissus consistently throughout my time playing college baseball and have gone through 2-3 bottles of Achilles. For my last 2 powerlifting competitions I've started a bottle of achilles 4 weeks out just to keep everything feeling good. That's a trend i plan on continuing, but maybe GenoFlex will be the new go to.

I started taking GenoFlex 3 days ago on 1/26. I've been dosing 2 caps with my 2 largest meals as directed on the bottle. It's too early to report anything right now, I'd think. But...with that being said, i already feel like my knees are holding up better this week and I've noticed less "grinding" in my right wrist. On weeks 2 and 3 i had to squat to a box on the 4th day of the training week to give my knees a little break and i don't think I'll have any issue squatting without the box tomorrow. I definitely didn't think I'd notice any improvement this fast...but if it is this thing could be a god send.

I'll probably do 2-3 updates weekly and note anything joint related.

Thanks again to PES.

Here are some pics of the pills and bottle (with the delicious iced tea E9).

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454121778.304425.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454121803.071646.jpg

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This post was saved for the final review.

Edit: final review time (2/26/16)

Alright, so my bottle of GenoFlex ended with my dinner dose last night. I'd first like to thank PES for giving me this opportunity to pre-test this joint product. This all happened at the perfect time as i was in the midst of Mike T's Project Momentum and due to the frequency of the competition lifts (squatting, benching, deadlifting 4x a week plus additional exercises) my joints were taking a beating - specifically my knees and right wrist. Week 2 and week 3 i had to squat to a box on the 4th training day just to help take some of the pain out of my knees. My right wrist is sort of a mystery to me as to when it started hurting like it was. But, i had some pretty severe pain in there and the radius
was grinding on the bones in the wrist with pretty much any movement. Enter Genoflex.

I started on Thursday 1/28 and by the time Saturday came i was able to handle doing squats without the box on that 4th week of the project. It had only been 2 days since starting and I already had enough relief to train how I wanted to!! That is amazing for a joint supplement to bring relief (or at least noticeable improvement) that quickly!

That was really just the tip of the iceburg as my knee pain kept steadily improving and improving the more i was taking GenoFlex. By the end of the second week of consistent use i was completely unhindered by knee pain, both inside and outside the gym. I was able to squat as scheduled (and without pain, most importantly) and was also able to do things that really aggravated my knees (eg: walking down the steps) completely pain free. For my knees, this product literally could not have worked any better than what it did. I should mention that they would ache slightly for a bit after training but after a few hours and after my next GenoFlex dosage, they were 100% good to go.

The pain in my right wrist didn't completely disappear like the pain in my knees did. I would say it improved 80% in terms of pain though. It also was "grinding" a lot worse with movement prior to starting this supplement so it seems like i may have received some joint lubricating benefits from the product. I went from having to wrap my wrist tightly for pretty much every squat and bench set to not having to wrap until i got up to higher weights if at all.

Overall, i without a doubt give GenoFlex a 5/5 rating and it is truly a top notch joint support product. I ordered 4 more bottles from the intro sale and have every intention of using them leading up to my next few powerlifting competitions to help with any joint pains that pop up when pre-meet training cranks up. I suggest anyone with joint pains that affects their training or quality of life to give this product a try. Out of the joint products i have tried i have not found one that 1) Worked this fast and 2) Works as consistently for multiple weeks. This will hands down be my joint product going forward and i will (and already have) recommend it to anyone that i feel could benefit from it.

Once again, huge thanks to PES for giving me this opportunity. Also to PES, great job with GenoFlex, you guys did a damn good job.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
First!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Glad you got the opportunity to run this as well! I'm already noticing joint improvements and I'm only a week into the bottle. That is seriously impressive to me as I am VERY critical of supplements. Especially joint supps because I need a good joint support supplement so badly. Hope you notice the same improvements!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In to see how this treats you :)
Glad you got the opportunity to run this as well! I'm already noticing joint improvements and I'm only a week into the bottle. That is seriously impressive to me as I am VERY critical of supplements. Especially joint supps because I need a good joint support supplement so badly. Hope you notice the same improvements!
Welcome, guys!
Zoomie33240
Feel free to post up your log in here too. I'll sub along. And like i mentioned in my first post, i too have seen improvements in joint pain over these first 5 or so days. I just didn't know if it was from the GenoFlex or not considering how fast it worked. But, if you're also noticing something this quick, maybe it is the GenoFlex.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Welcome, guys!
Zoomie33240
Feel free to post up your log in here too. I'll sub along. And like i mentioned in my first post, i too have seen improvements in joint pain over these first 5 or so days. I just didn't know if it was from the GenoFlex or not considering how fast it worked. But, if you're also noticing something this quick, maybe it is the GenoFlex.
Only time will tell how good GenoFlex is. I'm expecting big things but I'm also very unbiased since I have so many joint issues. This should be a lot of fun!

I'm running my log right here! -- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/277578-no-pain-all.html#post5240449

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So far so good. My knees held up just fine today. Mike T even had us do 4 more work sets than the last 3 weeks and my knees held up just fine. So instead of 3-4 total work sets today we did 7. My wrist also was a lot less bothersome...i could still feel it but it was much more dull than the feeling my bones were pushing up against each other like it had been before.

LEATHERFACE

Awards
So far so good. My knees held up just fine today. Mike T even had us do 4 more work sets than the last 3 weeks and my knees held up just fine. So instead of 3-4 total work sets today we did 7. My wrist also was a lot less bothersome...i could still feel it but it was much more dull than the feeling my bones were pushing up against each other like it had been before.
I think they have cissus in the formula? that would explain the quick relief

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think they have cissus in the formula? that would explain the quick relief
I'd tend to think they had some form of cissus in there too, but i thought the serving size for cissus is rather large. It'd take up quite a bit of room in those 4 daily capsules. Fwiw, when i first opened the bottle i took a big wiff and thought i smelled cissus. After taking that stuff in bulk for years i think id be pretty good at knowing the smell, but im sure a lot of those powders have a similar smell to them.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In. :)

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now the party can start since Ben is here.

Had a quick turnaround on squats today. Worked up to a single at an 8 rpe (meaning i had two left in the tank) then had x4x2 (reps x sets) afterward. My quads were a little dead from the squats 2 days ago, but no knee pain today. GenoFlex seems to be doing it's job well and I'm only 6 days into the bottle.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ben keeps teasing that it should be relatively fast-acting, from the logs so far this is panning out :)

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Ben keeps teasing that it should be relatively fast-acting, from the logs so far this is panning out :)
I have to be honest. I didn't expect that it would be noticeable from a little over a week of use. I purposefully was only taking fish oil before I started this log to really see how this would pan out and it is really surprising how quickly you start to notice improvements. I'm really interested to see how my joints progress through this bottle.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd definitely agree that this kicks in faster than the other joint products I've used.

I have to be honest. I didn't expect that it would be noticeable from a little over a week of use. I purposefully was only taking fish oil before I started this log to really see how this would pan out and it is really surprising how quickly you start to notice improvements. I'm really interested to see how my joints progress through this bottle.
Totally agreed here. When my knees were feeling improvement after 3-4 days i wasn't even attributing it to the GenoFlex because I didn't think there was any way it could kick in that fast. But, it damn well could be it. If so, this stuff will be a life saver for some.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry, I'm late to sub in, but really excited to see how this works out for you.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry, I'm late to sub in, but really excited to see how this works out for you.
No worries, brother! Haven't missed much. Today makes the 1 week mark I've been on GenoFlex. My knees and right wrist pain are at about 50% of what they were before I started.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
N

No worries, brother! Haven't missed much. Today makes the 1 week mark I've been on GenoFlex. My knees and right wrist pain are at about 50% of what they were before I started.
Woah, those numbers came quick!
Exactly what I hoped too see :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I'm late - app doesn't notify you of mentions. Always down to see what new goodies are worth! Especially something good for the joints.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Sorry I'm late - app doesn't notify you of mentions. Always down to see what new goodies are worth! Especially something good for the joints.
Glad to see you here brother

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, my right wrist was really bugging me tonight. It seems that thats the joint that will test the long term efficacy of this product. Like I've noted before, just after a week and a half my knee pain has reduced significantly. There's still a very mild, dull pain when i walk down stairs and for a bit after my workouts, but it is no where as severe as it was when i started GenoFlex.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Update:

Knees- the pain in my knees is essentially non-existent. The last two days have been the best my knees have felt in i don't even know how long. In the past, walking down stairs and pushing myself back up to standing from a lunged position (ie: being at the bottom position of a FW lunge and pushing myself back up to the original place i was standing) were the two biggest exacerbating factors of my pain and over the last two days I've been able to do both completely pain free. It's pretty awesome to not have joint pain, i kind of forgot what it was like.

Right wrist- still some pain here, but not anything like it was. It has definitely improved from my last update and overall over the course of this bottle. The clicking/popping in my wrist has also become less intense.

A few times i have questioned whether there is an acute benefit to dosing this stuff. Sometimes when i take it at night after an evening workout it almost seems to dull the pain after a while (tbh I'm unsure of the time frame...ill pay attention better next time this situation presents). Im just unsure of whether it is from the GenoFlex or just the joints naturally feeling better as the time frame from the workout lengthens.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Taken from another thread:

More than enough. You will notice instant relief with ApresFlex as well as ongoing relief and repair.

PSFE can promote collagen synthesis.
Looks like i could have been on to something last week when i was wondering about acute pain relief with this. "Instant relief" sounds like it could be.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, and i called cissus the moment i opened the bottle and took a whiff. I'm pretty proud about it considering i have a horrible sense of smell.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh, and i called cissus the moment i opened the bottle and took a whiff. I'm pretty proud about it considering i have a horrible sense of smell.
Has a very distinct smell. I remember just eating mouthfuls of bulk NP cissus powder in the past and it always helped if I was consistent. But man that was a nasty experience uncapped lol

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Has a very distinct smell. I remember just eating mouthfuls of bulk NP cissus powder in the past and it always helped if I was consistent. But man that was a nasty experience uncapped lol
I hear ya man. Whenever i had a flare up of my right shoulder in baseball id start taking bulk cissus. I got to a point where i didnt mind the flavor, a few times I'd just put it in water and drink it like tea...something was wrong with me lol.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Looks like i could have been on to something last week when i was wondering about acute pain relief with this. "Instant relief" sounds like it could be.
Yeah you definitely called it. I had pretty fast results in my knees as well. Great log.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well guys, sorry about the lack of updates. It's just that everything joint wise is going well so I don't really have much updating to do. I've got just about 1 week left (I'll have to count my caps later).

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't know you had a log going or I'd already be in.

I have two coming; hope of treats me the same.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didn't know you had a log going or I'd already be in.

I have two coming; hope of treats me the same.
Yeah I should've dropped the link in my training log. My bad.

And i hope it does too brother. Whats bugging you?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I should've dropped the link in my training log. My bad.

And i hope it does too brother. Whats bugging you?
Nothing serious, yet, but I've had several knuckle and wrist surgeries that bug me, and recently I'm getting a fatigue that's not muscular in my elbows. I'm closing in on mid-thirties, so I'd like to cut off whatever is to come.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nothing serious, yet, but I've had several knuckle and wrist surgeries that bug me, and recently I'm getting a fatigue that's not muscular in my elbows. I'm closing in on mid-thirties, so I'd like to cut off whatever is to come.
Makes sense. Well I look forward to seeing how it works out for ya. Those chronic wrist issues you have will be a good test for it im sure.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Final review posted in second post of this thread.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice review. Just received my two bottles tonight and I'm looking forward to testing it on my elbow and wrist.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice review. Just received my two bottles tonight and I'm looking forward to testing it on my elbow and wrist.
Like I've said before, I hope your experience is similar to mine. Hoping to see you clean gripping some heavy fronts soon .

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just wanted to give a follow up here:

Ive been off for 8 days now and i can honestly tell you that i can tell the difference. My knees are starting to ache again. But, it's weird because they're aching how they did just after they started aching and not like how they were just prior to starting GF. They ache over the medial and lateral borders of the tibial plateau vs the patellar tendon (how they ached walking down stairs prior to GF).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ape McGrapes Supplements 18
PES 1
Supplements 0
Supplements 9
Jebrook Supplement Auction 4