Kenpo Recovers With Dieselade

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Mr Chuck Diesel for allowing me to log his new naturally sweetened and flavored BCAA called DIESELADE:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454026943.696087.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454026964.399277.jpg

Up until today I was using an AM non-sponsor's stevia and citrus flavored BCAA because I'm on a mission to eliminate artificial sweeteners, flavors and dyes from my diet. I was very excited to see Get Diesel providing a competitive BCAA product.

In the past I logged his Ready4War PWO so I'm familiar with his supplements and quality.

As for me, I'm a 55 year old diehard martial artist that has been seriously lifting since 2006. I have my own gym I call the "Den of Iron":
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454027259.206112.jpg

I work out with a HR monitor and currently am turning into a lollipop with my concentration on upper body due to the old back giving me problems. One Lift A Day (OLAD) routines have been good to me but I switch things up a bit.

Please feel free to join in and comment on anything you like. Welcome all!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final review of Get Diesel Nutrition's BCAA drink.

Thanks to Chuck and Rocket for allowing me to log DIESELADE!

Cliff Notes: Simply incredible recovery, all natural flavors and sweeteners! BUY THIS NOW!!!!

Mixing: 10/10
Very little to no sediment.

Taste: 10/10
At first use you realize that it doesn't taste like artificial sweetener. We have all been forced to use sucralose and acesulfame K with other supplements. We trained our tastebuds to accept this as "sweet" and acceptable. Since DIESELADE has no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners you tend to say "Hey! What's this!" This is a much better alternative!

Effectiveness 10/10
No supplement can completely cure DOMS and recovery is a function of your volume, conditioning, diet and genetics. I can tell you with certainty that recovery was faster than normal.

Cost
Some BCAAs are lower cost but you get what you pay for. I'm such a believer in this that I just purchased 4 additional tubs. I plan on using DIESELADE as my daily intra workout drink.

Thanks to everyone that followed along. I did notice some of you purchased DIESELADE already - good for you!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In first!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Subbed !!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome my brothers in iron!

turff49

turff49

Awards
First from SC!!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:banana:

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's great to see all of you beasts here! Thanks for joining in!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One scoop in 14 oz water and it's way too sweet for me! Adjusted to 20 oz and the taste is cherry smooth with a hint of lime. This is a different type of "sweet". Not at all like ace k or sucralose but more like sugar.

Mixes with a couple shakes and foam disappears after a minute or two.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
One scoop in 14 oz water and it's way too sweet for me! Adjusted to 20 oz and the taste is cherry smooth with a hint of lime. This is a different type of "sweet". Not at all like ace k or sucralose but more like sugar.

Yeah for me 1 scoop 18oz. Even when you dilute to 1 scoop 40oz still smoth. Thats why directions say 1 scoop 12-14oz strong taste. 1 scoop 20. Smooth. Sometimes i do like 1/2 scoop in 8oz water at night just bc at that dose it hits u like a really "good" sweet. Not a belly ache melted jolly rancher sweet. Part of the reason honestly why this flavor is so unique is I hate soda, candy bars, and candy but I bake cookies. So you gonna get what I think it should taste like. I honestly never had a "red" drink in my life till about 2 yrs ago.

Powder smells like whipped cupcakes. Come on when the last time a bcaa somehow smelled like cupcakes. That wasn't even planned. Small batches didnt really smell like anything.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I mix mine (1) scoop 12oz cold water and chug it near the end of my work out. should try it with about 20oz during

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I mix mine (1) scoop 12oz cold water and chug it near the end of my work out. should try it with about 20oz during
Best time is intra and after 20min into ur training. Id only add post workout additionally to intra

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best time is intra and after 20min into ur training. Id only add post workout additionally to intra
Yes, agree that intra is best for me as I train in a fasted state. I'm rowing and sipping as I write this - multitasking! Lol

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sipped Dieselade the entire workout. Had to swirl to make sure the "tiny" bit of sediment mixed in. Refreshing with little aftertaste.

DQ A man can only take so much negativity in the world

OLAD Rows

Total weight lifted: 18400 lbs

EZ BB Rows w/ head resting on incline bench
Set 1: 200x10
Set 2: 200x9
Set 3: 200x9
Set 4: 200x9 +1
Set 5: 200x8
Set 6: 200x9 +1
Set 7: 200x10 +2
Set 8: 200x9 +1
Set 9: 200x9 +1
Set 10: 200x10 +2

Rockin the Rows!

Good life and good lifting to you all!!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Mr America at it again! Strong rows Mark!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I like it with more water also!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Mr Chuck Diesel for allowing me to log his new naturally sweetened and flavored BCAA called DIESELADE:
View attachment 129694

View attachment 129695

Up until today I was using an AM non-sponsor's stevia and citrus flavored BCAA because I'm on a mission to eliminate artificial sweeteners, flavors and dyes from my diet. I was very excited to see Get Diesel providing a competitive BCAA product.

In the past I logged his Ready4War PWO so I'm familiar with his supplements and quality.

As for me, I'm a 55 year old diehard martial artist that has been seriously lifting since 2006. I have my own gym I call the "Den of Iron":
View attachment 129696

I work out with a HR monitor and currently am turning into a lollipop with my concentration on upper body due to the old back giving me problems. One Lift A Day (OLAD) routines have been good to me but I switch things up a bit.

Please feel free to join in and comment on anything you like. Welcome all!!
I always love looking at your home set up. I figured out part of why I like it so much. Your roof / ceiling is soo much higher than mine!!! It makes it look so roomy in there even though I can see I am realistically taking up more real estate in my garage. Only thing I am confused about is why you don't have a climbing rope in there with that high roof.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Chris! The roof is high as the previous owner used to pull his bulldozers in there for maintenance. I can swing my ShouldeRok with no issues.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just mentioned DIESELADE on the Price Plow FB page.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Chris! The roof is high as the previous owner used to pull his bulldozers in there for maintenance. I can swing my ShouldeRok with no issues.
My good friend Chris Duffin invited that.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My good friend Chris Duffin invited that.
The ShouldeRok is fantastic for helping keep the shoulders limber and the stretch is noticed as you swing it clockwise and then counterclockwise. I really recommend the ShouldeRok!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This long scoop inside Dieselaide is nice! I'm keeping this one for reuse!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
This long scoop inside Dieselaide is nice! I'm keeping this one for reuse!
long scoop, wide mouth, deep but not over the top deep container is some added value. I hate those new "preworkout" scoops
that have a 1" handle and your putting ur entire hand in there to scoop out some powder. Or you have to tilt the jig sideways to
get the powder out because the opening like a can of soda.

Kempo....if imma do it, imma do it right. I'm in the field like you guys. I gotta scoop this out 3x a day or so just like you .

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fasted and freakin hungry! Drank big gulps of DIESELADE and hunger was gone.

I liked this workout and took it a few sets deeper into heavy territory.

DQ: Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way!

Weight Lifted 24620 lbs

Multi Grip Bar Incline Press (15 degree angle)
3 Grips: Outer standard, hammer grip and 45 degree grip (-- then || then /\)
Set 1 : 125x10
Set 2 : 125x10
Set 3 : 125x10
Set 4 : 135x10
Set 5 : 135x10
Set 6 : 135x10
Set 7 : 145x10
Set 8 : 145x10
Set 9 : 145x10
Set 10 : 155x10
Set 11 : 155x9 +1
Set 12 : 155x9 +2
Set 13 : 165x8 +1
Set 14 : 165x7 +1
Set 15 : 165x5 New added sets.....
Set 16 : 175x5
Set 17 : 175x5
Set 18: 175x3
Set 19: 185x4
Set 20: 185x4
Set 21: 185x2
Set 22: 195x2
Set 23: 195x2 no third grip
Set 24: 205x1
Set 25: 205x1

Spent and hungry as heck. Good lifting to all.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
^^^^^ g damn. I like that tho. I burn out w 2 sets of /\ 10x \ / 10x || 10x. So 30 reps a set. Builds an all around nice movement thru ur entire competition bench. Like that. After that workout I would have to head straight to Golden Corral

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Kenpo is a machine, and now he has some aminos in the tank

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^^^ g damn. I like that tho. I burn out w 2 sets of /\ 10x \ / 10x || 10x. So 30 reps a set. Builds an all around nice movement thru ur entire competition bench. Like that. After that workout I would have to head straight to Golden Corral
Lol get that refeed. You ever hit up any Golden Nugget diners up there? Love me some heavy breakfast food, and man they bring it.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Lol get that refeed. You ever hit up any Golden Nugget diners up there? Love me some heavy breakfast food, and man they bring it.
Nah i don't do buffets anymore. I eat a lot less since my gallbladder came out....but after that workout I would have made an exception

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
kenpoengineer you are killing it in here !!!

I am banned from buffets in most states !!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Sushi buffet??? I'm all in!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest soreness from yesterday's marathon lifts is pretty minor even with lower than I like calories.

DQ Control yourself before attempting to control others.

OLADLegs Abs -

Total weight lifted: 21080 lbs

Squat
Set 1: 140x10
Set 2: 140x10
Set 3: 140x10
Set 4: 140x10
Set 5: 140x10
Set 6: 140x10
Set 7: 140x10
Set 8: 140x10 Tweeked right side of back. Stop!
Set 9: 140x0
Set 10: 140x0

WheeloDeath
Set 1: 70x10
Set 2: 70x10
Set 3: 70x10
Set 4: 70x10
Set 5: 70x10

One Leg Calf Raise
Set 1: 162x15 BW only
Set 2: 162x15
Set 3: 162x15

Good life and good lifting to you all!!

turff49

turff49

Awards
That's a lot of squats! Hope it's just a minor precautionary type tweak.
Masochist with those WOD's...!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya I dont know how pulled of 5 sets of WOD, after a tweak.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a lot of squats! Hope it's just a minor precautionary type tweak.
Masochist with those WOD's...!
I was feeling great while squatting, felt a little overheated, took off the hoodie and bam, cold muscle tweek!
Ya I dont know how pulled of 5 sets of WOD, after a tweak.
I foam rolled then did the WOD sets to stretch.
That's a good sign if the pain wasn't enough to have him end the session I'd hope!
I'm feeling a bit sore this afternoon and hope it heals quickly.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back tweek feels good this morning, just a little stiff. I'm feeling the legs DOMS from squats yesterday but it's no that "can't walk" kind.

Will start using my 32 oz bottle for mixing Dieselaide in as the sweetness is still a little strong for me.

DQ Can't keep a good man down!

OLAD Chest Dips

Total weight lifted: 21000 lbs

Weighted Chest Dips
Set 1: 210x10 BW plus 50
Set 2: 210x10
Set 3: 210x10
Set 4: 210x10
Set 5: 210x10
Set 6: 210x10
Set 7: 210x10
Set 8: 210x10