Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you Chuck Diesel for this beautiful tub that hit my doorstep this morning:

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454010012.791022.jpg

For all following, these are NATURALLY flavored, sweetened and colored fermented BCAAs. Notice on the label one scoop is 17.5g - as in, 30 scoops means 30 TRUE servings, not 60 scoops but only 30 servings nonsense most companies push.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454010272.557539.jpg

Also, first thing I notice is a perfect 4g of leucine in every full serving and a solid 2g each of the other BCAAs, as well as a bit of Cit Mal and some very welcome Magnesium you don't see often in branch chain products. We will see how good/bad the natural flavoring goes tonight (I generally dislike stevia but also feel most artificially sweetened BCAA products are WAY too sweet), but I am immediately pleased to see the lack of dyes in Dieselade. Nobody benefits from that crap.

As for me, I'm about 7wks out from a local USPA powerlifting meet (raw w/ sleeves). I am currently 232lbs and seeking to trim that slightly, purely for health and aesthetics, although I haven't decided if I will bother cutting to compete in 220 as my goal is explicitly to PR my total.

Training hard on the Cube Boss method with an aux speed bench/ohp/upper day on Sundays. Also trying to incorporate at least 2 weighted carries/wk for grip/core/grit. I'll be running Dieselade intraworkout in lieu of any other aminos for a direct comparison.

Time to Get Diesel!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
FINAL REVIEW

Gonna keep this short and sweet: Dieselade delivers what it promises. It's a fully-dosed, great-tasting naturally sweetened BCAA at a reasonable price. It mixes well, tastes and smells great, causes no gi distress or other weird sides, and promotes recovery with the best of them. Even dieting very slowly this month, muscle recovery between sessions was e****lent.

Most of the quality BCAA supps out there can usually be found for sale in the $20s range, so at ~$32/tub you are paying a few dollars extra, but for anyone looking to strip more artificial colors and sweeteners out of their life you know this often comes at a premium. BUT - I would say Dieselade delivers on the premium end of that deal.

It treated me great the entire log, and I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone looking for a natural BCAA. This is one that DELIVERS!

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
subbed

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed in. Oh..currently trimming down for aesthetics...lolz.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Late But Here!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's the most delicious BCAA ever!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's going on in here?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
in as well

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Present and accounted for a Hyde log!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know I'm in breh

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome everyone! Glad to have you all here!

Subbed in. Oh..currently trimming down for aesthetics...lolz.
Haha I've just got a good inch I can pinch that isn't lifting any weight for me I need to lose from my bulk...you know, before I start bulking again

It's the most delicious BCAA ever!
Aaaand on that note....

First impression: H*ll yeah! This was awesome to drink tonight. No foul aftertastes, flavor & sweetness is extremely mild diluted in my 60oz of water Intra. Smoother than you can believe diluted like that and I'm confident could mix w any flavor of Gatorade or carb drink Intra no prob if I wanted (and I will try).

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454036623.123999.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454036649.991812.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454036666.839501.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454036683.789674.jpg

Can I just say the ability to get the scoop in without having to bury it, and the width of the opening, was a good idea?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A few good shakes and within a minute all the foam was gone and zero particulate. Ridiculously smooth flavor. Of course breath is instantly sour w fermented aminos but taste was super mild and pleasant - found myself wanting to go back for extra swigs tonight.

I normally always use a half gallon in training, and this was 1.5 scoops because it was a LONG session (birthday whiskey and deadlift party going on).

Heavy Squat on the Cube
Warmup (bw squats, pullaparts, get warm)

Comp Squat on Tex Squat Bar, beltless
55, 145, 235x5
325x3
385 for 5x2 (sets/reps)

Front Squat
225x3
275x1
+belt
305 for 2x3 PR buddy shamed me to victory

Beltless Pause Squat, 1-2ct
325 for 2x5

GHR
BWx4x10

BW Planks
3x30 sec

Bloodflow Hammercurls
20x15
30s 3x15

I was scared of the fronts tonight but buddy who's 181 pretty much told me if I couldn't hit triples I was a b*tch cuz he could and his max is less than mine. And of course I smoked them lol

Pretty excited to enjoy a scoop of Dieselade in 20oz or so of cold water tomorrow and see what it's like undiluted, but so far it's perfect for me.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In here!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can I just say the ability to get the scoop in without having to bury it, and the width of the opening, was a good idea?

This is a great plus !!

turff49

turff49

Awards
In! Just because...lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn Hyde is hiding his logs from me! Oh this stuff looks awesome! I didn't know Diesel was making Aminos! I like the profile, and the addition of some enzymes for faster protein breakdown / digestion is very welcome. Looks like a solid product for sure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn Hyde is hiding his logs from me! Oh this stuff looks awesome! I didn't know Diesel was making Aminos! I like the profile, and the addition of some enzymes for faster protein breakdown / digestion is very welcome. Looks like a solid product for sure.
Haha sorry brother you know your presence is always valued!

And man I've only had 2 days so obviously can't get the full picture but I can 100% say I am impressed thus far. Nothing about Dieselade's flavor or sweetness is lacking. And at $32/tub for a real 30 servings it's not like it's costing a big premium to ditch all the artificial chemicals.

Tonight mixed up a scoop in 50oz water and it was still awesome to drink. Not scheduled to train til Sunday but felt very recovered so met one of the strongwomen getting ready for the Arnold for a quickie fun day.

160 keg, 180 log, 160 axle speed press medley after some light sandbag and keg carries

CG Pulldowns
50, 90x20
140x15
160x12
180x2x10

Facepulls on Pulldown
50x15
+doubled microband
10, 10, 12

Short and sweet and didn't get hurt

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After this meet, when I don't have any pl meets in sight, I'm planning on doing some strongman work on Saturdays 1-2x a month.

It's still fun, and I can work on my speed in the events while building the weight up and still train with some of the guys I used to work with.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
After this meet, when I don't have any pl meets in sight, I'm planning on doing some strongman work on Saturdays 1-2x a month.

It's still fun, and I can work on my speed in the events while building the weight up and still train with some of the guys I used to work with.
Been slowly building my frame run weight up. I want to build my carries up but not at the expense of recovery or getting hurt. Just taking my time and Wednesday ran a 400lb frame 50' faster than 320 a couple weeks ago. Trying to hold back and only add 20 a week. The 275+ guys had to run a 575lb frame at our local show so I know I need to get up there eventually.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish I had tried some strongman workouts when I was younger.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454189299.711126.jpg

No training today so thought I'd give a scoop in about 22oz a whirl - pretty tasty stuff! It's on the sweet end for me, but I seriously can't even have a full serving of most BCAAs in just a shaker of water comfortably so this is a nice change.

Ever since Chuck mentioned it, I realized it really does smell like cupcakes! At least the powder for sure.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
DIESELADE Jugs !!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read your post as "no tanning today...".

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Its actually 32oz. The new one. I talk to blender bottle the other day. But wont b done for a while.
I feel 32oz would be perfect combo of water and DIESELADE

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome day. Low energy for accessory after pressing but pressing was on strong today. Did 1.3 scoops in 60oz for Sunday Funday.

Dynamic Bench
+doubled minis
135x8x3 (3 close, 3 mid, 2 wide)
185x2
225x2 Tied PR and only RPE 8!

Little Logpress (bigger ROM)
150x10
+belt and wraps
165x8
+sleeves
185x5
-raw
145x10

Db Rows
80s x12
100s x2x12

Laying Bb Tri Ext
65x15, 12, 12

Hammercurls
20-40s for a bunch of pump

@Jswain some of the strongmen by you might know him, but Dustin Ellis came down from Pontiac for his last session before a comp next weekend. Never seen a guy in real life w such a huge upper body. Logpressed 400 & 410lbs multiple times and took a few cracks at 430. He doesn't even bench and I'm sure he could rep 500 any day of the week. Guy was loading the 370 stone like it was nothing.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn. I'm sure they'd know him. They all seem to at least know of each other. Oh yeah, strongmen can make the switch from SM to PL in no time. Vice-versa, not so much. A lot of the guys at my gym started as PLers and then got bored and made the switch.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn. I'm sure they'd know him. They all seem to at least know of each other. Oh yeah, strongmen can make the switch from SM to PL in no time. Vice-versa, not so much. A lot of the guys at my gym started as PLers and then got bored and made the switch.
I think he's hoping to break the 420 record Ian set at the December contest I deadlifted at. He nearly did it today so he really might. His joints were massive. Got that diesel truck frame.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think he's hoping to break the 420 record Ian set at the December contest I deadlifted at. He nearly did it today so he really might. His joints were massive. Got that diesel truck frame.
Your training is looking great, Just think someone at your gym is looking at you, going "That Will Be Me Someday"

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Your training is looking great, Just think someone at your gym is looking at you, going "That Will Be Me Someday"
Shoot, I am not at his gym, but I had the same thought

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today was scheduled off to give the back one more day of rest before tomorrow's deadlift, but I wanted to grab a bit more shoulder volume.

Threw a scoop of Dieselade in 40oz water and headed out to get it done quick!

High Incline DB Press
20, 25, 40, 50, 60s x20
70s x15
80s x2x12

Db Lateral Raises
20s x3x15

Light Band Pressdowns

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Today was scheduled off to give the back one more day of rest before tomorrow's deadlift, but I wanted to grab a bit more shoulder volume.

Threw a scoop of Dieselade in 40oz water and headed out to get it done quick!

High Incline DB Press
20, 25, 40, 50, 60s x20
70s x15
80s x2x12

Db Lateral Raises
20s x3x15
hey bro,

hulk and i are going to try to increase doms with a test- now before you say you are both 'ed in the head, lol- were putting dieselade to the max test- if you want to join in on it, ( i believe on my log, hulk mentioned it) might be interesting to get 3 of us

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
hey bro,

hulk and i are going to try to increase doms with a test- now before you say you are both 'ed in the head, lol- were putting dieselade to the max test- if you want to join in on it, ( i believe on my log, hulk mentioned it) might be interesting to get 3 of us
Don't take this the wrong way, but everything I do in my training has a purpose. It's not just a workout. I am baited with contests daily at my gym, but the only things I do are what directly support my goals.

DOMS is easy to achieve. Do something you've never done at RPE 9 at least, or something you're used to for way more volume than you normally do. If you aren't on gear and you can't get DOMS, you just aren't applying the right methods. And DOMS is zero indication of progress, btw.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hey bro,

I think this is a great idea and should be fun to see the out come. The change of pace should also be good for growth !!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Don't take this the wrong way, but everything I do in my training has a purpose. It's not just a workout. I am baited with contests daily at my gym, but the only things I do are what directly support my goals.

DOMS is easy to achieve. Do something you've never done at RPE 9 at least, or something you're used to for way more volume than you normally do. If you aren't on gear and you can't get DOMS, you just aren't applying the right methods. And DOMS is zero indication of progress, btw.
correct, not achieving doms for progression, inducing doms then flooding with bcaa's to see the effect bcaas has on doms on my body

and gains are only made by what you are willing to sacrifice ;o)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

This is a great point, I often get caught up in competitions or what ever that don't exactly play into what my main focus is. It shows discipline to stay the course even when things like this tempt you.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
This is a great point, I often get caught up in competitions or what ever that don't exactly play into what my main focus is. It shows discipline to stay the course even when things like this tempt you.
i agree to a point, its not like were going to smoke crack and run a marathon. lol

whole point is to induce doms- regardless of which method of training we are doing. this was a big discussion on the bcaa thread a few weeks ago, which lead me to my review. which then slowly led to this.

i have a little knowledge of weights and training. worse case the sand weights my dad bought from Sears are in good shape, so that's a plus

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In! Just started logging this myself yesterday! :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
correct, not achieving doms for progression, inducing doms then flooding with bcaa's to see the effect bcaas has on doms on my body
I get DOMS from my progression as is honestly, hence me using BCAAS intra to limit it. I'm basically already doing it with you guys in spirit!

And on that note: today was one of those days where you have to push with everything just to get it done. Had to hit the Nosetork for a set even. Lats were still smoked so they'll be done tomorrow, and abs tonight.

Stationary Bike, Rower, BW Squats, TRX Rows

Deadlift on stiff bar
135, 225x6
315x3
405x2
475x1 clean but heavy as heck
+belt here on out
440x3x6

3" Blockpulls
475x2x3

Hi Bar Squat
135, 225x5
315x2x6

I just want to thank Pantera, As I Lay Dying, Rob Zombie and of course Dieselade. I couldn't have done it without you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hyde Supplement Logs 186
Hyde Supplement Logs 333
Hyde Supplement Logs 148
H Supplement Logs 129
H Cycle Logs 33