datsthat DIESELADE All natural, fermented BCAAs Log

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Thank you Chuck Diesel for opportunity to try and log DIESELADE.

Write up can be found here GET DIESEL NUTRITION

I copied this from that write up:
- Pharmaceutical grade fermented BCAAs
- Great natural taste
- 8g BCAAs - 30 Servings
- 240g BCAAs per container
- Dissolves instantly
- More endurance and ATP
- Low in sodium
- Preserve lean muscle mass
- Increases protein synthesis
- Promotes fat burning
- Greatly reduces muscle fatigue
- Reduces post workout soreness

What are BCAAs and why take them? BCAAs increase protein synthesis (the rate you build muscle) and have become popular for their lean muscle preserving effects during and after cardio and weight training. BCAAs have also been shown to benefit the fat burning process, while “cutting” especially on a calorie restricted diet while preserving lean muscle mass.

Benefits of taking BCAAs in DIESELADE:

- Preserve lean muscle mass while dieting
- Increase strength gains while dieting
- May improve insulin resistance
- Enhanced protein synthesis
- (Leucine) Promotes fatty acid conversion in fat cells to CO2 and water
- (Leucine) May slow muscle loss in older adults
- (Leucine) Anti-catabolic (prevent muscle loss) properties while inactive (resting)
- Fights muscle damage by decreasing CK and LDH enzymes post workout
- Helps block the feeling of fatigue by reducing levels of tryptophan during exercise
- Slows exercise induced BCAA catabolism which happens when fatty acid usage increases
(when you increase fat burning)
- Decreases the rest time needed to perform at max effort (MVC)

Why am I taking BCAAs? The reason is because I am on a cut and my goals are as follows
(a) I want to preserve muscle mass while on calorie deficit.
(b) I will be training roughly 2-3 hours after waking up fasted and want DIESELADE to "fuel" me instead of breakfast.
(c) I am hoping that DIESELADE will give me 2nd wind when I do cardio after I get off work so that I don't have to take stimulants.
(d) I want to prevent catabolism as much as possible.

How will I know if my goals are accomplished?
(a) The only way that I can think of is to get an idea of how strong I am now and then compare that at the end.
(b) (broscience) By looking in the mirror. If I look leaner and more muscular.
(c) By comparing how fatigued I feel during workouts as I know how I feel when I train fasted.
(d) I am open to other suggestions.

Background about me
(a) I've been weight lifting since April of last year after about 15 years break due to personal issues.
(b) I started TRT last November due to low as fuuck natural testosterone.
(c) Only other supplements that I am taking is fish oil and joint support.
(d) I've only tried 1 other Kaged Muscles flavorless BCAA which smells and tasted like a dirty wet dog. I mixed with E9 and even after rinsing bottle, it still smelled like rotten poop.
(e) Current weight 160.00 and Height 5'7"
(f) Bodyfat with calipers I was 13%, but this is only an estimate. I'll consider adding a pic of me.

EDIT: I made a mistake when I said I was cutting. I am actually recomping. I will eat between, give or take, 500 calories above or below my daily TDEE which is roughly 2250.

FINAL REVIEW

Dosage: 10/10 This is the ONLY supplement/product that I've tried that works according to directions. Directions 1 scoop and that is all that I needed. I'd have to increase the dose beyond what the direction advised on every other supplement/product that I've tried in order to either match what the label claims or somewhat match what label claimed.

Effectiveness: 10/10 I rated effectiveness on the following: DOMs and endurance. I destroyed a heavy squat session and no DOMs was felt. Sipping on DIESELAID prior and during my workouts greatly increased my endurance. Lack of time was the only reason why I left the gym.

Taste: 10/10 At first I didn't like the taste ONLY because I am used to artificial flavors. However, after couple days, I feel in love with the taste. I could sip on DIESELAID all day long. The natural flavor Cherry Limeade is delicious. I can easily drink with 8oz up to 30oz of water. And doesn't taste like a wet dog like other BCAAs that I've tried.

Mix-ability: 10/10 Barely any powder left over. Mixes very easy and can easily do so with a spoon.

Value: 9/10 Tub comes with 30 scoops. Amazon sells for $32..90 / $1.10 per serving (not including S&H). Get Diesel sells $31.95 / $1.07 per serving (not including S&H). I would have given 10/10 if price was under $1.00 a serving because I'd go thru 2 tubs a month.

Overall : 9.8/10 I am a believer. I've have real world proof that this product works. This is the only product that I logged and then purchased on my own. Speaking of purchasing....I will keep DIESELAID as my only performance supplement staple.

Thank you again to and Chuck Diesel and Get Diesel for opportunity to log the DIESELAID. Thank you all for following my log. I had a great time and best log experience I've had to date.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chuck is always beating me to first !!

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Initial thoughts

- Label is attractive. Label says award winning taste. What award did this win?
- Out side safety seal very secure and inside safety seal is on tight which I appreciatee. I dislike when inside safety seal comes off and sticks to lid as you open it.

- contents nice and fluffy and smells great. I appreciate that the tub isn't way to big for the contents. For example protein or bag of chips where you can easily fit twice as much protein/chips in there.

- easily mixes by shaking bottle. Doesn't even need blender bottle.

- after a min or so, very little residue is on bottom which is more than acceptable to me

- taste is something to get used to. I am used to artificial flavors so my initial taste response was yuck, but my hippie wife said it tasted fine, but both of us couldn't tell what flavor it was. It doesn't taste like dirty wet dog!

I took 1 scoop last night before cardio. I couldn't noticed any difference in my cardio session because I had plenty of energy. I am sipping on another scoop as we speak and getting ready to go to gym as soon as I am on typing. I'll report back shortly.

Thank you for following along. Please ask questions, provide comments/feedback, and don't be afraid to criticize.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
1st Sub.

let us know how you will use DIESELADE and once you
get your first taste and mixability/solubility test in.

Also current training goals, split, etc <--- nevermind I see.. Intraworkout for AM training.

I plan on consuming 1/2 scoop before I lift fasted in the morning and sip on other 1/2 scoop while lifting. Then 1/2 scoop after lifting. And 1/2 scoop before evening cardio.

Goals are listed above. Off to gym I go........

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I gave it the "Rocket Award" !!!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Initial thoughts

- Label is attractive. Label says award winning taste. What award did this win?
I gave it an award for least "cough syrup tasting, acid wash smelling" BCAA product avail.

Nice pics, Rocket, hes showing you out. You and BigT got DIESELADE 1st with not pics or mixing
or anything. This guy is going on my log JP8x flavor list.

I would say if I didn't read the label, I wouldn't know know what the flavor was, but I do have some Aminoject
and it smells and taste like fruit loops, so maybe my taste buds are off bc only other cherry limeade I have
every had was Minute Made.

thanks for the pics.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 Jan 27

1/2 scoop DIESELADE about 20 mins before workout + 1/2 scoop DIESELADE while working out.

DIESELADE is the only performance supplement that I am consuming.

Comments: Taste is getting better as I am getting used to natural flavors. I made a mistake when I said I was cutting. I am actually recomping. I will eat give or take 500 calories above or below my daily TDEE which is roughly 2250. I've updated my original post to reflect this and my current weight and height. Great workout. I got a baseline on deadlifts today. I don't know if I felt placebo effect or not, but overall I felt strong today. I felt kinda like when I was taking (-)-epi.

Workout: Deadlift Day

super set warm up:
20xBW back extension -> 135x10 bent over rows -> 135x10 deadlift

Deadlift
185x10
235x10
285x10
335x8
385x1
335x5
285x7
235x7
185x8

Rack Pulls
315x8
315x8
315x8
315x8
315x8

Good Morning (Murica)
135x8
135x8
135x8
135x8
135x8

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
1/2 scoop DIESELADE about 20 mins before workout + 1/2 scoop DIESELADE while working out.

DIESELADE is the only performance supplement that I am consuming.

Comments: Taste is getting better as I am getting used to natural flavors. I made a mistake when I said I was cutting. I am actually recomping. I will eat give or take 500 calories above or below my daily TDEE which is roughly 2250. I've updated my original post to reflect this and my current weight and height. Great workout. I got a baseline on deadlifts today. I don't know if I felt placebo effect or not, but overall I felt strong today. I felt kinda like when I was taking (-)-epi.

Workout: Deadlift Day

super set warm up:

Deadlift
185x10
235x10
285x10
335x8
385x1
335x5
285x7
235x7
185x8

Rack Pulls
315x8
315x8
315x8
315x8
315x8

Good Morning (Murica)
135x8
135x8
135x8
135x8
135x8
I found the same about the taste, after a few times, its actually pretty good.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I found the same about the taste, after a few times, its actually pretty good.
Yeah, its because I am so used to fake artificial flavoring that natural stuff doesn't taste good.. It seems to get better or I am tolerating it more the more I drink it.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, its because I am so used to fake artificial flavoring that natural stuff doesn't taste good.. It seems to get better or I am tolerating it more the more I drink it.
yeah I did a natural grape flavor product once and let my family taste it...they said "it needs like 4x the sugar taste".....I was like, grapes are not sweet like syrup...

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
yeah I did a natural grape flavor product once and let my family taste it...they said "it needs like 4x the sugar taste".....I was like, grapes are not sweet like syrup...
Its hard to appreciated natural flavoring since most of the products we consume are so FAKE. I think companies do that on purpose so that when we do taste natural flavoring, we'd say "yuck".

I woke up this morning with slight stiffness in my back, but that is expected after a major deadlifing day. Usually my lats and should would be tender, but I FEEL MARVELOUS! Is it possible that BCAAs aid in preventing soreness? (Don't get me wrong, if I was a newbie, I wouldn't be able to crawl out of bed). I know its not placebo, because I just rolled out of bed so its too early for that placebo stuff lol...besides my EC stack hasn't kicked in yet so I am not thinking straight yet.

I work from home the next two days so my workout will have to be at planet weakness....darn its not the 1st Monday of the month otherwise they'd have Pizza there. Is it me or they bunch of hypocrites? They have a lunk alarm and I've heard it go off when some dude was grunting too loud. There is a sign that says "no judgement zone", but they judge you if you workout too hard, they judge you if your water container is too large aka gallon jugs, they judge you if your tank top is too much like a bodybuilder?

Oh well, for $5 a month (my work covers 1/2) and jogging distances (about 1 mile away from my home), I guess I shouldn't complain.

Chest Day later today, not fasted.................

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
[video]https://youtu.be/QKgMDchkaqk[/video]

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
True my gym (LA Fit) always have vendors coming in and they will be selling cupcakes, donuts....Cosco dude giving out soda....
My mom goes there but calls it La Fitness, instead of L A Fitness.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
My mom goes there but calls it La Fitness, instead of L A Fitness.
haha thats funny, in that video smith_69 posted...he said Planet fitness walls are purple and yellow to remove all testosterone from the room.

I swear when I make it big, imma do a gym with some silver or black and red walls. With a "serious ppl" area.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
haha thats funny, in that video smith_69 posted...he said Planet fitness walls are purple and yellow to remove all testosterone from the room.

I swear when I make it big, imma do a gym with some silver or black and red walls. With a "serious ppl" area.
LOL-

and like the gym idea

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established

And I'll gladly join to become lifetime member!!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
And I'll gladly join to become lifetime member!!
Its gonna play ppl like Future, Rick Ross, Finger 11 during peak hours...

At 5pm at La Fitness they are usually playing Rhianna. I cant PR to "Umbrella."

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 Jan 28

1 scoop. I sipped on while speed walking to gym and finished by the time I left gym.

Comments: Today was chest day. I ate small breakfast, 5 scramble eggs and some tater tots that I split with my 5yr old son. Had another great workout. I feel that I get extra excited and gain energy when I try something new. I had no issues finishing my workout as planned. My back almost cramped up during incline bench, but luckily it was on last set. Today set baseline for chest. I'll compare today's workout to end of this log to see if strength increased or stayed the same.

Workout: Chest Day

Warm up: 75 push ups

Slight Incline Bench 20 degrees
135x20
135x20
185x10
205x10
225x2
205x5
185x9
155x15

Incline Bench 45 degrees w/ couple secs pause and 10 secs pause on last rep
135x10
155x11
155x11
155x11
135x15

Cable Flys Super-set. Lowered cable all the way down , raise cable all the way up , and then bent over if that makes any sense
30x15 , 30x15 x 30x15
40x15 , 40x15 , 40x15
40x15 , 50x15 , 50x15

Pec Dec Drop Set
135x5
115x5
95x8
85x7
75x6
65x8
55x10
45x10

Speed walked back home while I was wet and cold. Next time I won't try to be so cool and DRIVE!!!!

Evening cardio next.........

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Salt those eggs n taters next time and maybe add a banana - drink all the water you like but if the electrolytes aren't there you can't get optimally hydrated. And hydration means no cramping and fuller, stronger muscles!

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Salt those eggs n taters next time and maybe add a banana - drink all the water you like but if the electrolytes aren't there you can't get optimally hydrated. And hydration means no cramping and fuller, stronger muscles!
Thank you for suggestion. I have mio drops that has electrolytes in it. Other than a sports drink, is there a way I can add electrolytes?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for suggestion. I have mio drops that has electrolytes in it. Other than a sports drink, is there a way I can add electrolytes?
Yep, exactly how I said. Salt and potassium are biggies for me. Table salt, hot sauce (cheap Louisiana style is my fav), mustard, even reduced-sodium soy sauce if you really wanna add some salt. And fast foods are loaded, but if you are preparing fresh foods at home you should be adding some sodium (unless you have very high bp).

Potassium only foods I routinely get it from is potato skins (any kind) and bananas, but there are other foods and you can buy potassium pills at the store near fish oil and such.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Yep, exactly how I said. Salt and potassium are biggies for me. Table salt, hot sauce (cheap Louisiana style is my fav), mustard, even reduced-sodium soy sauce if you really wanna add some salt. And fast foods are loaded, but if you are preparing fresh foods at home you should be adding some sodium (unless you have very high bp).

Potassium only foods I routinely get it from is potato skins (any kind) and bananas, but there are other foods and you can buy potassium pills at the store near fish oil and such.
Thank you!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Enjoying this so far !!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
excess salt will cramp you, but low salt will also. Salt holds water outside the muscle, and without potassium, water cant come into the muscle (banana). Mg balances the salt to potassium water balance and relaxes muscles.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
My back almost cramped up during incline bench, but luckily it was on last set. .
prob was a muscle spasm. But could have been a cramp if you worked out first thing am. Backs usually spasm. Dif is you know
how your are thirsty and your toes "spasm" like the muscle contract? Cramp is like when your delt pulls hard while your sitting or your hamms
cramp when you sit down after destroying legs.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
excess salt will cramp you, but low salt will also. Salt holds water outside the muscle, and without potassium, water cant come into the muscle (banana). Mg balances the salt to potassium water balance and relaxes muscles.
I have heard anecdotally up to a 1:1 ratio of salt to potassium at 3g or so can be utilized by a fairly muscled male. My personal experience supports it, too - my problem is never too little water and rarely too little salt: it's the potassium I come up short. Hence taking pills if I don't eat bananas.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I have heard anecdotally up to a 1:1 ratio of salt to potassium at 3g or so can be utilized by a fairly muscled male. My personal experience supports it, too - my problem is never too little water and rarely too little salt: it's the potassium I come up short. Hence taking pills if I don't eat bananas.
Yeah im never low on sodium but i swear if i eat some Mcdonald fries my legs blow up and my head.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
prob was a muscle spasm. But could have been a cramp if you worked out first thing am. Backs usually spasm. Dif is you know
how your are thirsty and your toes "spasm" like the muscle contract? Cramp is like when your delt pulls hard while your sitting or your hamms
cramp when you sit down after destroying legs.
Now that you explained the difference, I would say I had a back spasm while struggling and pushing with everything I got. I am sure yesterday's deadlift session played a role.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Chuck Diesel or anyone that may know the answer to this question.....

After I workout, I immediately consume whey protein. Since I am consuming BCAAs, DIESELADE to be exact, does this allow me more time before I consume whey protein? The reason why I ask is because after last nights cardio and ab session, I had to attend to my son's needs and couldn't get any whey protein in my for almost 2 hours.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Chuck Diesel or anyone that may know the answer to this question.....

After I workout, I immediately consume whey protein. Since I am consuming BCAAs, DIESELADE to be exact, does this allow me more time before I consume whey protein? The reason why I ask is because after last nights cardio and ab session, I had to attend to my son's needs and couldn't get any whey protein in my for almost 2 hours.
this situation you would consume BCAAs intra workout (the best time) and you can post workout. This way the anti-catabolic effects I talk about will allow you to be in a positive nitrogen balance until you can eat.

Also you can eat right before, or while Drinking DIESELADE, you can drink protein as soon as 5 min after DIESELADE....but if before, 30min before DIESELADE.

http://www.getdiesel.com/#!dieselade---bcaa/v851f

So the exact answer is yes, if you did one scoop intra workout. You can go a few hours without protein post workout and min. the catabolic cascade working out causes. Even the fasted metabolisms take 1hour to get protein to the muscle. BCAAs go straight to the muscle, they bypass the liver.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Cardio and Abs last night was good. DIESELADE appears to aid in limiting my fatigue. My cardio consist of a horizontal stationary bike (if that makes sense) with HILL Climb (pyramid) and intensity at level 10 for 30-60 mins depending on how much time I have and energy level. Last night I that I increased intensity level to 12 for 45mins and it felt like level 10. I was drenched in sweat which was ok with me. Changed shirts and then did abs. I don't know if I am referring to the correct muscle or not, but my ventroglute was on fire and pumped when doing leg raises and incline crunches. Which limited my ab workout.

DIESELADE's taste is actually good and refreshing. The taste does get better and better with every use.

Today's workout is accessories, which usually consists of arms and delts. Then tomorrow is SQUAT Day, which I will use as baseline to compare at end of this journey.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Breakfast

breakfast.jpg

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Horizontal stationary bike. I think if im getting your discription is,thats a recumbent bike.

Got 1 in my garage
Yes, thats what I am talking about. Recumbent bike, I learned a new word today, thanks. I like it because its a low ride-da do doo do doo do doo do dooo do do.

Me getting ready to head to gym now

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Yes, thats what I am talking about. Recumbent bike, I learned a new word today, thanks. I like it because its a low ride-da do doo do doo do doo do dooo do do.

Me getting ready to head to gym now
Plus stationery bike is hella bad for ur nuts. Bike riders go low everything related to balls bc the seat

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Plus stationery bike is hella bad for ur nuts. Bike riders go low everything related to balls bc the seat
Good to know because I only have 2 nuts and my greedy selfish butt can't/wont spare any. I also find it more comfortable to use my phone while on recumbent bike

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
dat,

is the name of that brand- farmers market exclusive to "a farmers market by your" Love blueberry and getting anything with BB is hard to find here in NJ- how is it? looks good
The brand is thinkThin. Its good, non GMO and 10g protein...not too shabby

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 Jan 29

I am a day late with this update. My son and wife is sick so I had to play doctor in a non perv way last night.

1 scoop with 20oz water. Sipped before and during workout.

Comments: Accessories Day is a day that I do whatever I want. Today I did Biceps, Triceps and delts. Didn't take long before my arms and shoulders area was pumped. I love supersets and dropsets. I've come to appreciate and enjoy the fire, burning sensation from lower weights w/ higher reps. Main reason why I've lowered weight and increased reps is so that my tendons and ligaments can catch up to my strength and to no get hurt. I can't imagine what my life would be like without callus. I am digging what the BCAAs from DIESELADE is doing to me. It is definitely aiding my workout and reducing/eliminate immediate soreness and DOMS

Workout:
Machine Curls Super Set with Machine Triceps Extension, 45 sec rest between sets
30x25 / 30x25
40x25 / 40x25
50x20 / 50x20
60x15 / 60x15
70x10 / 70x10
80x8 / 80x8

(same machine) Machine Curls Drop Set
90x5 , 80x5, 70x10, 60x12, 50x12, 40x15, 30x15

(same machine) Machine Triceps Extension Drop Set
90x8 , 80x8, 70x11, 60x13, 50x15, 40x12, 30x15

Dumbbell Curls (alternating arms) Drop Set then super set with Dumbbell Triceps Kick Backs (both arms) Drop Set
35x5, 30x5, 25x5, 20x10 (hammer), 15x10 (zotoman), 10x20 (reverse) -> 25x5, 20x10, 15x12, 10x15, 7.5x20

Dumbbell Side lateral raise superset with bent over rear raise superset with front lateral raise dropset to lower weight and then repeat. One big ass set
20x20 , 20x15 , 20x10 , 17.5x15 , 17.5x15 , 17.5x15 , 15x10 , 15x10 , 15x10 , 7.5x10 , 7.5x10 , 7.5x12 , 5x20 , 5x20 , 5x25

Its 3:51am PST and off to gym for quick cardio session because I won't have time to do my usual evening cardio today. Then go back home for breakfast and then Squat Day.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hope the family is felling better !!

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Sooo many ppl are sick right now and since around Thanksgiving
Funny story, maybe not so funny.... my son got his flu shots last oct, and last week was his 5 year check up along with shots. I took him to doc and I forgot (short term memory loss) that he recently got his shots so he got another flu shot. My wife was NOT HAPPY. I called nurse at doc's office and she said nothing to worry about. Whew.... but I learned my lesson as it could have been serious depending on the type of shots/medicine. Thats probably why he is feeling flu like symptoms.

And speaking of flu shots, the nurse's that injected my son did the craziest shot I've ever seen. She used a pin 23g 1" which I personally feel is too big and long for a 5 yr old with noodle size arms, but the crazy part was how she injected him. She darted it in and yanked it. It took under a second and a lot of the flu vaccination was squirted on his arms and face. I am no expert nor pretend to be a doctor, but I would have used a slin pin size such as 29 or 30g 1/2" and done it much slower. Since its not oil base, it will flow easily thru slin pin which I would have done a lot slower, maybe 2-3 seconds. BUT I understand that she has to follow SOP, but sometimes you have to question SOP.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
^^^ yeah some I worked as a Public Health tech in the Air Force for 8 yrs. We use to leave to kids shots up to immunization techs. Also the flu shot has the flu in it so yeah ppl get flu like symptoms from it. Its also not bullet proof because its basically a vaccine for the strain the CDC thinks "should" be the most prevalent that upcoming season. So its a guesstimate based of world and historical epidemiological data.

Long story short the only 2 yrs since 1995 that I got the flu....was the 2 yrs I skipped the shot