Smith_69's log of Chuck Diesel's Dieselade

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
This is my non-sponsored review of Dieselade. Not a rep of his company, any company on this forum, any other forum, not logging anywhere else that includes outer space.

This is my 3rd day using and as I mentioned on another thread, I purchased this product for the BCAA's, not the taste (not a big fan of cherry or lime). I didn't want a taste to influence my opinion on the product.

today I used 16.9 oz of water and 1 scoop and started sipping when I got to the gym. The taste I will admit is starting to grow on me, it doesn't leave a bitter, tart or medicine aftertaste. for me the 16.9 oz of water is the perfect amount. Mixing today, well after dumping a scoop into my plastic bottle, I did a quick shake and just let it sit. By the time I got to the gym, 1 more shake and it was dissolved. Even on my very last sip, nothing floating around or any residue as the remains of any supplement at the bottom of your bottle can give you that aftertaste cringe. Not with Dieselade.

Today's routine was shoulders- military press, 1 arm barbell shrugs, then superset 1 arm barbell shrugs with behind the back barbell shrugs, db front raises, lat raises. superset Arnold press with close grip military press (like using that last superset once and awhile), upright rows but using the seated cable and laying flat on the bench. 4-5 sets with an increase of wgt.

energized during the whole workout, only issue, I ran out of my 16.9 oz drink by the time I got to lat raises. sips turned into gulps, but I was not gassed and felt I could push for that extra rep.

I was going to have a larger breakfast and eat more today, but somethings were going on at home last night, so I didn't get to the store. DnD coffee and flat bread veggie egg white- 2 of those.

I normally have Gatorade during my workouts and substituted with the Dieselade and I do feel a difference. For not eating much this morning and using Chucks product, for me, yes it helped. Going to the store tonight, because tomorrow is chest and forearms, going to need more energy.
I am also going to use bcaa when I get to work, during my workout and after- 3 times for a few days

todays taste 8
mix ability 10- 2 shakes

price wise- so far, money well spent

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Here !!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
great opening post!!!:thumbsup:

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
chuck, if you want i will post on the other thread, just let me know

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
chuck, if you want i will post on the other thread, just let me know
Nah its ok.. can you just quote and paste the intro post frm there, here. Or I can do it. This not a sponsored log or anything so I dnt have any requirements of nothing. It was just a good post

Now i cant find it. The one you did with first impressions

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Nah its ok.. can you just quote and paste the intro post frm there, here. Or I can do it. This not a sponsored log or anything so I dnt have any requirements of nothing. It was just a good post

Now i cant find it. The one you did with first impressions
lol- ill take a look

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
this was from yesterday

Name: ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1453749096.613431.jpg Views: 99 Size: 273.6 KB
wanted to get this up-

today was the first day using dieselade, during workout only

when I opened the jug, it was a pretty good smell, not a chemical smell. This is important as you will see later on-

mix ability- 8 out of 10 - then dissolved- when stirring and shaking- however, I let this sit for a bit as I was using it for working out only. by the time I was at the gym, no bcaa's floating around - this was about a 15 min time frame. I am sure you could stir or shake it more

taste- I am not a big fan of lime and as far as cherries go, would rather pop than eat ;O)

so Smitty, why in the hell would you buy this if you didn't care for the taste? Very good question and my answer is simple. I have used bcaa's in the past with different flavors. to me, I was more concerned and focused solely on the taste and always used Gatorade with a flavored bcaa.
this time, I wanted to focus solely on the bcaa's and would just deal with the taste. I didn't want to start sipping and fall in love with the taste or say "yea this must be working because it taste great"

the taste is not bad, not a heavy tart, bite or bad after taste. used 1 scoop and filled it up with 20 oz of water

today was heavy back Monday- hammer strength machines- high iso rows, low iso rows, and iso rows

rev peck deck, pull ups, finish off with t bar barbell rows - close grip ( I usually cycle through the last 3, so today was this order)

high, low and iso rows all sets were the same with the increase of wgt after the warm up- 1 min to 1: 30 in between sets
90x12; 135 x 12; 180 x 8; 225 x 6- I will say that normally by the time I get to the rows with the hammer strength, I am pumped and starting to get gased and need little more time in between sets.
by the time I was on my third set of low iso rows, I was still good to go- was 3/4 of way done with the bottle. finished it just before my last set of rev peck deck.

I had the energy I needed to finish my sets- 12 x 135- 2 sets then 10 x 165 2 sets
pull ups 3 sets of 10
t bar- this time was a little different- I started with 25 lbs and did 15 reps, put on another 25 and did 15 more- did this till I got to 150 with 8 reps. when I was done and ready to leave, i felt pretty good. normally i am ready to go, but today if i had more time, i would have done pull downs or cable rows.

this mornings breakfast was 1 bagel, 1 cup of coffee and 3 egg whites with cheese, all finished at 815 this morning. 2 glasses of water and the bcaa's

ate this way to see if the bcaa's would be helpful or not- will have different food tomorrow-

so was the dieselade worth it? for me, absolutely it was. based on the diet i had with the workout i had (less than 5 hours sleep last night, that's another story) i never would have lasted.

lets see what tomorrow brings

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
smith_69

smith_69

Awards
day 4-

today I changed things up a little. I took 1 scoop of dieselade before the gym (30 min) and had 1 scoop during my workout. I did not take after, I worked tri's harder today, so according some research, BCAA's do help with DOMS. Well see
Taste- this stuff is getting better each time and no crap after taste
Mix- the same as before, with no grit
16.9 oz of water for both times- I am sure the less water used the more you may enhance the flavor and vice versa.

seated db 1 arm press behind the head- after 2 sets of warm with 20 lbs for 20 reps each. hand placed directly in the center of the DB no cheating!
40 x 10
45 x 10
50 x 10
55 x 8
60 x 6

seated Rev grip ex bar curls, behind the head- gripping the bar, palms up- start position is above the head, lower all the way 45'
I do this exercise, to full stretch the long head and flex at the top. it is basically like a rev skull crusher, just going behind the head. if you have weak wrists and weak grip, watch your wgt. still recovering from a thumb injury, so going any heavier just really started to pull on my thumbs
4 sets of 50 x 10 -

laying db cross body extensions- single arm at a time- slow on the neg and squeezing at the top when the arm is fully flexed
2 sets of 30 x10
2 sets of 35 x 8

rope pull down, with full split at the bottom and squeeze
4 sets
reps ranged between 8-10x 110

rev grip pull down superset with pull downs
3 supersets
rep range was between 8-10 x 120 - for both

by now, my arms felt like they were going to explode- pumping the heavy wgt and then reps with full contractions burns like hell

finished up with dips
3 sets - 10 reps

having the dieselade before and during made a difference for me today versus just having while working out. Only because I ran out of it yesterday. I had energy to keep going, not like a caffeine burst, but just didn't get fatigued that fast. I accomplished what I needed too.

as mentioned above, i am going to take a serving in the am when I get to work. this will be just about 20 hours after my workout, so doms will pay a visit. But I got something for that fool.

again, buying dieselade was money well spent.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Got mines today , reviews will be up soon i wanna do it for 3 days to test it out.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
No , ill put up the log tonight right after first serving / work out . I usually hammer 1 down about 8 or 9 pm ill tag ya soon as its up .
I thought that said "i usually hammer down 1.......ill tag you after yoga" haha Dieselade pre yoga. Guess i shouldn't read and do cardio

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I thought that said "i usually hammer down 1.......ill tag you after yoga" haha Dieselade pre yoga. Guess i shouldn't read and do cardio
Lmao !!!! NSA thought manipulation. They love to play with our minds . I do tai chi its as close to yoga as ill ever get.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Lmao !!!! NSA thought manipulation. They love to play with our minds . I do tai chi its as close to yoga as ill ever get.
Yeah but the bcaas pre was,what got me. I need to get in yoga like post workout anticortisol yoga

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Yeah but the bcaas pre was,what got me. I need to get in yoga like post workout anticortisol yoga
Theres some crazy yoga out there . A zen teacher whom i met at Starbucks was showing me her videos and I was trying so hard not to say damnnnnn wow omg but those bends and twist are said to hold therapeutic value . Cross fit / yoga maybe in my next work out plan.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Smith, I like that tricep workout!!!

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
am I too late to this party?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Good afternoon all,

I wanted to wait to post this to really give this a chance to settle in. As you see above, I hit tri's with heavier weight, pushed harder to squeeze out every rep and stay strict to form. Pausing at the negative and squeezing at the contraction does wonders! So today I knew that around 930-1030 a knock on the door was coming. As stated above, I was going to be ready.

Last night I did not take any protein and wanted to make sure I was in a fasted state. For the sake of this review, didn't have my coffee either (better score some points right there!) before I got to work. I was starving to say the least and flooded my body with 1 scoop of dieselade at 7:58. I then had my coffee few cups of greek yogurt and at 9 am, took another serving.

normally the day after I hit a body part hard, the doms pain is around 7-8- not like I need to cry home to mommy but you know when you lift your arm, put on a shirt it hurts!

today and this is my experience, it was a 4-5 after this. I took another scoop after 3:30 but this didn't assist in lowering the pain, stayed the same. Less than half the pain and if I was going to the gym today, I could work tri's again. I wouldn't attempt this if my arms felt like they normally do. Using dieselade does coincide with the studies referring to the use of BCAA's after a day of exercise to offset doms.

there are certain products that I have purchased over the years that I love, maybe a handful. there are others that I ask myself wtf did I buy this. Dieselade is by far one of the best I have purchased and will continue to use.

i will keep updating until i run out. 5 days in and again, this is money well spent

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good afternoon all,

I wanted to wait to post this to really give this a chance to settle in. As you see above, I hit tri's with heavier weight, pushed harder to squeeze out every rep and stay strict to form. Pausing at the negative and squeezing at the contraction does wonders! So today I knew that around 930-1030 a knock on the door was coming. As stated above, I was going to be ready.

Last night I did not take any protein and wanted to make sure I was in a fasted state. For the sake of this review, didn't have my coffee either (better score some points right there!) before I got to work. I was starving to say the least and flooded my body with 1 scoop of dieselade at 7:58. I then had my coffee few cups of greek yogurt and at 9 am, took another serving.

normally the day after I hit a body part hard, the doms pain is around 7-8- not like I need to cry home to mommy but you know when you lift your arm, put on a shirt it hurts!

today and this is my experience, it was a 4-5 after this. I took another scoop after 3:30 but this didn't assist in lowering the pain, stayed the same. Less than half the pain and if I was going to the gym today, I could work tri's again. I wouldn't attempt this if my arms felt like they normally do. Using dieselade does coincide with the studies referring to the use of BCAA's after a day of exercise to offset doms.

there are certain products that I have purchased over the years that I love, maybe a handful. there are others that I ask myself wtf did I buy this. Dieselade is by far one of the best I have purchased and will continue to use.

i will keep updating until i run out. 5 days in and again, this is money well spent
I have been noticing less soreness also...if you don't mind my making a suggestion-NOS ETHER is fantastic!!!

you are killing this log, great job!!!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I have been noticing less soreness also...if you don't mind my making a suggestion-NOS ETHER is fantastic!!!

you are killing this log, great job!!!
sounds good T- will add it

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I feel very confident recommending NOS ETHER!!! one of my favorite supps.
X2^

There has been some talk about DIESELADE increasing hunger has anyone noticed this ???

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
yes- im still giving that one a little more time- my eating habits seem to fall around after the times i take this. so far, 60% yes for me

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There reason I ask is it did increase mine, but as the week go's on I think it's less and less !!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Yesterdays update-

when you start keeping a track/log of a product that you are using, it really helps you to stay in tune with your body vs just keeping your regular regime. If you are stuck in a rut, not noticing gains or simply getting bored get a product and review it. It will help to get back to the place you were at before except now, youll be a little smarter.

I wasnt in a rut or going to the gym to kill time, i just like to mix it up a bit to change things up. As Arnold said, your body is a machine and when you do A B C D, your body is expecting A B C D. Changing things up or throwing in different angles helps.

Using the Dieselade, I really focused on a pause and contraction with my my lifts. Hate to come off track here, but this method is best used when doing something like concentration curls. To this day, i see people do it and never do they do the excercise correctly to fully exhaust the muscle. One would think this is something you would do every time. Escpecially when you see the same people doing nothing but biceps.

did bi's yesterday and did not have the bcaa's pre, during, post.
seated hammer curls alternate arms
bent over concentration curls- 1 arm at a time
high cable curls, single arm- positioned at shoulder height
low cable curls- supinated
wide grip barbell curls
4 sets each exercise - 8-12 reps

no protein the night before and no bcaa's the next day made this harder- took a little longer between sets and there was i time when i said F this. I had the will power to go on, but i guess somewhere in mind while doing all this contraction exercises, i started to really wish i could feed my body with amino s.
that energy i had- not a caffeine energy- but energy to go on while using, my workouts felt easier. that entire workout felt s just like before i started using dieselade.

as far as the hunger thing, that is now going to be a focus. For me, the dieselade test is finished. Besides, i didnt buy this so it would get me hungry, this obviously would be a HUGE plus.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I like this analysis. Ive been noticing lots of good things on dieselade already . When it gets about halfway ill be ordering a few more tubs.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always seam to be able to get an extra rep or two when I'm doing a log and think "I have to post I failed at 3....I can get 2 more"

3pic_B3ast

3pic_B3ast

Awards
  • Established
In!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yesterdays update-

when you start keeping a track/log of a product that you are using, it really helps you to stay in tune with your body vs just keeping your regular regime. If you are stuck in a rut, not noticing gains or simply getting bored get a product and review it. It will help to get back to the place you were at before except now, youll be a little smarter.

I wasnt in a rut or going to the gym to kill time, i just like to mix it up a bit to change things up. As Arnold said, your body is a machine and when you do A B C D, your body is expecting A B C D. Changing things up or throwing in different angles helps.

Using the Dieselade, I really focused on a pause and contraction with my my lifts. Hate to come off track here, but this method is best used when doing something like concentration curls. To this day, i see people do it and never do they do the excercise correctly to fully exhaust the muscle. One would think this is something you would do every time. Escpecially when you see the same people doing nothing but biceps.

did bi's yesterday and did not have the bcaa's pre, during, post.
seated hammer curls alternate arms
bent over concentration curls- 1 arm at a time
high cable curls, single arm- positioned at shoulder height
low cable curls- supinated
wide grip barbell curls
4 sets each exercise - 8-12 reps

no protein the night before and no bcaa's the next day made this harder- took a little longer between sets and there was i time when i said F this. I had the will power to go on, but i guess somewhere in mind while doing all this contraction exercises, i started to really wish i could feed my body with amino s.
that energy i had- not a caffeine energy- but energy to go on while using, my workouts felt easier. that entire workout felt s just like before i started using dieselade.

as far as the hunger thing, that is now going to be a focus. For me, the dieselade test is finished. Besides, i didnt buy this so it would get me hungry, this obviously would be a HUGE plus.
now tell us what you really think.....lol:bigok:

hey, chuck-bet this guy would log the holy hell out of a bottle of DTP V2...just sayin!!!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
now tell us what you really think.....lol:bigok:

hey, chuck-bet this guy would log the holy hell out of a bottle of DTP V2...just sayin!!!
DTP V2 is proven...maybe then have him log DTP V3 end of summer. Opps did i say that.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
SMITH you gotta try drop set pyramids im testing out a new theory tonight. Im trying with everything I have to invoke DOMS.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
SMITH you gotta try drop set pyramids im testing out a new theory tonight. Im trying with everything I have to invoke DOMS.
ok, pic a body part- i was out of the gym on sat, sun and today

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
ok, pic a body part- i was out of the gym on sat, sun and today
Biceps triceps forearms shoulders. I always end up working almost every muscle but this seems like the best way for me to try to invoke doms. I will be using the heaviest weight I can possibly lift being 95% of my one rep max for as many reps as I can get as many times as I can get it up multiple sets until I can't lift my arms and I just want to pass out. My uncle used to say duct tape a pillow to your head cuz I always got really red and dizzy when I was younger guess I didn't know how to breathe got it down now good luck!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Biceps triceps forearms shoulders. I always end up working almost every muscle but this seems like the best way for me to try to invoke doms. I will be using the heaviest weight I can possibly lift being 95% of my one rep max for as many reps as I can get as many times as I can get it up multiple sets until I can't lift my arms and I just want to pass out. My uncle used to say duct tape a pillow to your head cuz I always got really red and dizzy when I was younger guess I didn't know how to breathe got it down now good luck!
ok, tomorrow

what are we doing for
shoulders- m press, shrugs, db lateral raises
tricep- im good with any
biceps-good with any

forearm- behind the back barbell curls, wrist curls, db curls, then i do wrist throtles

throw me some exercises and im in

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
ok, tomorrow

what are we doing for
shoulders- m press, shrugs, db lateral raises
tricep- im good with any
biceps-good with any

forearm- behind the back barbell curls, wrist curls, db curls, then i do wrist throtles

throw me some exercises and im in
Ill grab my layout. Brb

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press- 3 sets of 15, 8, 6 reps
Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raise- 3 sets of 15, 10, 8 reps
Bent-Over Dumbbell Lateral Raise- 3 sets of 15, 10, 8 reps
Dumbbell Shrug- 3 sets of 15, 10, 8 reps
Crunch- 3 sets of 25 reps

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press- 3 sets of 15, 8, 6 reps
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press- 3 sets of 15, 8, 6 reps
Flat Dumbbell Fly- 3 sets of 15, 10, 8 reps
Seated Dumbbell Triceps Extension- 3 sets of 15, 10, 8 reps
Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension- 3 sets of 15, 10, 8 reps

Bent-Over Dumbbell Row- 3 sets of 15, 8, 6 reps
One-Arm Dumbbell Row- 3 sets of 15, 8, 6 reps
Dumbbell Deadlift- 3 sets of 15, 8, 6 reps
Standing Dumbbell Biceps Curl- 3 sets of 15, 10, 8 reps
Seated Dumbbell Concentration Curl- 3 sets of 15, 10, 8 reps
Crunch- 3 sets of 25 reps

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
very nice - very nice indeed- are we pre- bcaa or just using during the workout or after or not at all or next day- want to be on same page here

on a side note-
if anything happens to either one of us, everyone know we did this in the name of science- LOL

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
ok, as you can see, hulk and i are on a bro quest- just clearing up a few details- as above and yea, well go from there

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
very nice - very nice indeed- are we pre- bcaa or just using during the workout or after or not at all or next day- want to be on same page here

on a side note-
if anything happens to either one of us, everyone know we did this in the name of science- LOL
Ok plan is 1 scoop dieselade prior about 15 to 20 mins . 1 scoop after workout immediately. Some fast carbs intra and or donuts seem to be a hit at my gym ...