Maximize Patch- 60 Day Wrap-up

Coachtrot

Coachtrot

Awards
Thank you to AgeForce, Wicked442, and JGNTYCE for allowing me the opportunity to run this product for 60 days. I was pretty skeptical at first as the last year has really sucked and I had pretty much given up hope of ever being happy/ pain free when lifting/ living...

For reference- In November 2013, I had labrum surgery on left shoulder. Made it through rehab and was back to lifting in spring 2014. In July, I was doing dips when something 'popped' in my left arm. At the time, I thought it was muscular and treated it as a soft tissue injury. Kept lifting, but the pain kept getting worse. I had cracked my humerus at the screw hole they drilled for the bicep tenodesis (which I had not asked for...) Went to doc and had x-rays, CT scan, and nuclear bone scan. Each time, they said it was nothing. Kept lifting until a fateful night in November, when on my third set of bench at 275, my humerus snapped in half. After extensive surgery and a nice titanium plate that runs the length of my humerus, I got back to lifting and got back to decent numbers- but nothing close to where I was. Pain was constant. My docs only suggestion was to stop lifting all together, but that was really not an acceptable answer. I have no vices to cope with life but lifting. No drugs, no drinking, nada. So, I would probably murder someone if my primary stress reliever was taken from me.

I began the patches on November 1st. At the time, my sleep was very sporadic and I battled insomnia on a regular basis. My joints hurt pretty much 24/7 and I had an aversion to going to lift because everything hurt like hell and I had become weak as water. During the first week or so, the only real difference I noticed was better sleep. As that continued to get better, I began to notice other positives as well. My mood was better because I was better rested. My joints felt better than they had in years. I actually wanted to go to the gym. I rediscovered my love and obsession with lifting.
Going into week 4, I noticed a steady increase in my lifts and recovery. I found a stamina I had not had in years. I would kill a muscle and then find myself doing two or three more sets with what had been my max just a few weeks before. As I worked harder, muscles got sore (for the first time in a while), but my recovery went through the roof. I was doing a full-body split 3 x/ week with my son and I was good to go after one day. It was great.
My mood has improved ten-fold and my family is much happier to be around me. I am excited to go to the gym again and it seems the positives just continue to get better. When my 60 days ended, there was a 3 day gap from when my next shipment arrived, and I could really tell a difference in only a few days.

Some real world numbers

November 1st measurements: Weight 203
Chest 44", Shoulders 50", Waist 36", Biceps 17", Quads 22"

January 4 Measurements: Weight 201
Chest 45.5", Shoulders 51", Waist 34", Biceps 18", Quads 24"

I get that those are not mind-blowing numbers, but they are a marked improvement for a guy that had given up on lifting due to the pain. I really believe in this product and know it has provided me a lot of real-world positives. I realize we are all looking for that silver-bullet pill that will make us huge. This is not it. It is a product that has real benefits, that has no real downsides- like shutdown, gyno, etc. that can be taken over time without cycling off. The positive mood, pain-free joints, and deep sleep all result in better recovery and more desire to lift as hard as possible. That is what leads to great numbers and that is where I plan to continue to travel towards. In a nutshell- great product!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm glad you posted the before and after results of the 60 day run! You da man and thank you for the log and the continued support! We will make believers out of the skeptics!

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
I would submit those ARE pretty mind-blowing numbers Coach. To add 1-2" to the beach body parts in 60 days, while dropping weight and waist size, is quite impressive. I've added mass during my Maximize patch run as well, albeit not all quality... But I do echo your experience with positive effects on sleep, recovery, joints, mood, etc.

Coachtrot

Coachtrot

Awards
Hootie,
Thanks for the positive words. I think a lot of it had to do with finally not hurting so badly that I was able to really get after it. I hope the trend continues...