booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Welcome aboard ladies and gentleman! It's that wonderful holiday time of the year where we all go carb-crazy and enjoy the delicious treats that the holiday season has to offer.

Personally for me the magic starts in pumpkin everything season but I'm also a sugar cookie and gingerbread fanatic so this 3-4 month period is my heaven.... And by heaven, I mean "fat season" haha

As I notoriously bounce up and down about 40lb between summer and winter every year, this year I've decided I need to stop. I've been working diligently the last few months to maintain a reasonable weight and bf through the winter.

Over the next few weeks I'll be logging my experiences with the new Performax GDA: SlinMax. I have use a myriad of their gda's in the past so I will comment on the comparisons. Currently I consider recompadrol the king but have very high hopes for SlinMax.

I will not be counting calories as I need a mental break as well as want to learn to eat without my phone in my hand ha. At some point I may do a calorie challenge (prob 25-30k in 24 hrs) but otherwise it'll all be just by judgement.

I eat fairly simple anyways so I have a good idea how to control things even though I travel almost 100% of the time.

Tonight will be my first dose and as I'm coming off of a week plus of crappy eating due to thanksgiving and hunting camp (the food is stellar but high fat and carb compared to my typical diet as well as far more "junk" foods).

Typical dosing for me will be 2 caps before my evening meal (I follow IF and usually only eat between about 5pm and 10pm). I will be pretty low carb and low fat for the first portion while I get rid of some of the bloat acquired over the last weeks or so.

Starting weight is 176.2lb, bf estimate at 14-15%

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1449186538.857540.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1449186558.329667.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So day 1 (yesterday) I started out with just a single cap before dinner just to experiment. Nothing of note to comment on though. Meal was typical lower carb, mostly veggies and chicken.

Today I went with 2 caps and took them well before I'm about to eat (prob an hour or so) to see if I really begin to feel the drag that comes with a good dose of a GDA and no carbs. I'll report back in a bit

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So day 1 (yesterday) I started out with just a single cap before dinner just to experiment. Nothing of note to comment on though. Meal was typical lower carb, mostly veggies and chicken.

Today I went with 2 caps and took them well before I'm about to eat (prob an hour or so) to see if I really begin to feel the drag that comes with a good dose of a GDA and no carbs. I'll report back in a bit
I'm assuming the veggies was only broccoli :D

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm assuming the veggies was only broccoli :D
Haha no, I make an awesome veggie stew every night too. And tonight I ran out of broccoli (after buying every head the store had yesterday ha) so I had to make some Brussels sprouts too ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I'm in..

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So after taking the two cap dose and waiting about an hour while prepping dinner, I definitely began to get a bit of a headache and a hint of tiredness. This is usually the extent that I feel low blood sugar symptoms so this was a very positive sign for me.

After eating, even a lower carb dinner, I feel totally fine again. I'll pay close attention to how I look in the morning and see if there is some extra dry/tightness.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Refeed day today so I'll be dosing two caps at two different meals. Each will contain quite a few carbs so tonight and tomorrow we can see how things feel

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nice. Do you have a training session tomorrow?
yes sir. pull day. gonna be hitting some heavy deads since my back has been feeling good lately.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1449370569.982079.jpg

Some homemade PES select gourmet vanilla ice cream with all kinds of toppings....
Cookie nuts
Hot chocolate, carrot cake, pumpkin spice latte m&ms
Pumpkin cookie butter
Peanut butter (chunky)
Trader joes ginger pumpkin ice cream bites
Strawberry and chocolate sauce
Pumpkin spice peep
Pumpkin joe joes
Candy corn Hershey's bar
Mini wunderbar
Bday cake oreo

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well, after putting SlinMax to the test yesterday for my refeed (2caps w/ meal 1, 2 caps w/ meal 2, and 2 before bed) I have to say that I'm not very thrilled with the result...

Woke up this morning looking and feeling far more bloated than a normal refeed day. I had that "sore skin" feeling in a couple of my normal trouble areas (love handles, lats, lower abs) that I didn't even have after my ginormous thanksgiving dinner. Also, abs were completely washed out compared to yesterday even though weight is only up by 1lb.

During the day, I felt pretty consistently full and actually even left some of my ice cream at the end of the night (which I don't think I've ever done before).

For comparison, I typically take 1 recompadrol with each meal and 2 before bed and always wake up tighter and fuller. This is the measuring stick that I have for SlinMax.

About to hit the gym now for pull day so hopefully I will at least see some extra pumps today as otherwise this will be a huge disappointment for refeed days.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We have noticed slinmax gets significant ly stronger with continued use, users sometime notice not very much on first couple doses then boom huge results so I would just give it some more time. Also high fat content doesn't generally go well with GDAs from my experience.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just finished another company's GDA product and today will be my first dose of SlinMax!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, after putting SlinMax to the test yesterday for my refeed (2caps w/ meal 1, 2 caps w/ meal 2, and 2 before bed) I have to say that I'm not very thrilled with the result...

Woke up this morning looking and feeling far more bloated than a normal refeed day. I had that "sore skin" feeling in a couple of my normal trouble areas (love handles, lats, lower abs) that I didn't even have after my ginormous thanksgiving dinner. Also, abs were completely washed out compared to yesterday even though weight is only up by 1lb.

During the day, I felt pretty consistently full and actually even left some of my ice cream at the end of the night (which I don't think I've ever done before).

For comparison, I typically take 1 recompadrol with each meal and 2 before bed and always wake up tighter and fuller. This is the measuring stick that I have for SlinMax.

About to hit the gym now for pull day so hopefully I will at least see some extra pumps today as otherwise this will be a huge disappointment for refeed days.
Were your carb sources similar with what you would normally have for a refeed?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Were your carb sources similar with what you would normally have for a refeed?
Yep exactly the same. I eat very similar all the time ha. I like what I like.

As for the fat content, there really wasn't much. 1tbsp of pb and a few peanuts plus the minimal amounts in the mnms and such. Prob less than 15% of total cals if I had to guess.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep exactly the same. I eat very similar all the time ha. I like what I like.

As for the fat content, there really wasn't much. 1tbsp of pb and a few peanuts plus the minimal amounts in the mnms and such. Prob less than 15% of total cals if I had to guess.
Odd. The most amount of carbs I have consumed so far after 2 caps was about 80 grams. After that, I feel fine and still hungry after. Anything less than that, I feel like I can keep eating as though I had nothing. Lets see if this fullness/bloating continues with you. As Adizzle said, it can take a few doses to build up.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Odd. The most amount of carbs I have consumed so far after 2 caps was about 80 grams. After that, I feel fine and still hungry after. Anything less than that, I feel like I can keep eating as though I had nothing. Lets see if this fullness/bloating continues with you. As Adizzle said, it can take a few doses to build up.
Hmmm I eat waaayyyyy more than 80g of carbs in a meal on my refeed days. That's like nothing.

And I hope the build up isn't the case as I don't typically use my gda's daily because of the way I eat low carb most of the week. Seems like it'd be a waste for me to dose daily just to see the benefit one or two days a week during refeeds. Currently I just spot dose them on refeed days/meals only. I'll continue to dose daily regardless to see, but that would be a major drawback for me long term.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Note on today's workout:

No spectacular pumps to speak of even when I tried to chase the pump towards the end of my workout (higher 12-20 rep sets). This has been an issue with me regardless of supps or carb intake the last few months tho so not fully on the SlinMax but I had hoped it might help.

Was sweating like a maniac tho as I always do after a refeed day

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
I'm in for this !!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Note on today's workout:

No spectacular pumps to speak of even when I tried to chase the pump towards the end of my workout (higher 12-20 rep sets). This has been an issue with me regardless of supps or carb intake the last few months tho so not fully on the SlinMax but I had hoped it might help.

Was sweating like a maniac tho as I always do after a refeed day
Have you been able to pinpoint a culprit for the pump issiue?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Have you been able to pinpoint a culprit for the pump issiue?
Not a clue. Diet supps and anything I've tried hasn't seemed to help or hurt. I can eat 1000g carbs or none at all, take a ton of pump products, do 1000 rep sets, etc and it's always the same. Minimal pump and never lasts. Never something I had trouble with until this summer ish. Very strange.

I'll be in Mexico all week this week so I'm planning on having some steak heavy meals and very minimal carbs most days. I'll continue dosing to keep the build up unless I start seeing negative effects from low blood sugar.

This weekend will be a tailgate for Sunday so there will be plenty of carbs then ;)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Meals here have been meh so far but tonight we're hitting a Brazilian steakhouse... Gonna crush so much meat. Plan will be to take two pre meal and two later before bed as I have the last few days here.

No effects to note though thus far. Bloat from the weekend has gone away but no sides from low blood sugar or anything so I'll continue dosing as planned.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never been to a Brazilian Steakhouse. There are none in my area. But from videos I have seen, it looks like paradise for one that lifts. Protein on protein on protein!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've never been to a Brazilian Steakhouse. There are none in my area. But from videos I have seen, it looks like paradise for one that lifts. Protein on protein on protein!
It's heaven. They just bring endless grilled meats right to your plate. And they're good meat too like flank and filet. Usually super expensive tho (like $60-100/person) but in Mexico... $15 haha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Some random thoughts and notes from the last couple days:

Have taken a two cap dose completely fasted and had no issues with not eating at all afterwards. No sides at all actually. Not sure if this is good or bad but I lean towards the latter as I would hope to feel at least a little lethargy from the low bs.

Vascularity has been improving over the last two days. Morning workouts have not been anything special as far as pumps but vascularity certainly is better.

Totally forgot how ala makes your urine stink haha.

So far I have noticed very little in terms of bloat reduction, gastric emptying or fullness reduction, or waking tightness/hardness. General body pumps have been non existent.

Thus far, I'm not very impressed and at this rate the bottle will be gone far faster than I expected and with little to show.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very odd, we have had several users report that even 50g of carbs isnt enough to keep them from feeling hypo at 2 caps..

Atleast your noticing the vascularity but with increased vascularity you'd assume there would be some increase in fullness etc.

Whats your experience with just Na-R-ALA? Has it had a good GDA effect for you in the past?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Very odd, we have had several users report that even 50g of carbs isnt enough to keep them from feeling hypo at 2 caps..

Atleast your noticing the vascularity but with increased vascularity you'd assume there would be some increase in fullness etc.

Whats your experience with just Na-R-ALA? Has it had a good GDA effect for you in the past?
Never used na, only r or straight ala and never solo. Always stacked with a few other things but the combos have worked well.

Haven't felt anything even close to hypo. Fwiw, cardarine had me feeling like DEATH all day with hypo sunrooms even at half the dose and rdrol gets me woozy if taken without eating within an hour after.

I took two caps slinmax this morning at 6am and will not eat until at least 6pm tonight. No sides at all.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Never used na, only r or straight ala and never solo. Always stacked with a few other things but the combos have worked well.

Haven't felt anything even close to hypo. Fwiw, cardarine had me feeling like DEATH all day with hypo sunrooms even at half the dose and rdrol gets me woozy if taken without eating within an hour after.

I took two caps slinmax this morning at 6am and will not eat until at least 6pm tonight. No sides at all.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea well it certianly wont compare to drugs like Cardarine considering it is a natural supplement. Its suprising because GDAs, especially it seems SlinMax gets stronger with use and you seemed to notice the Hypo feeling with your first couple doses ie. getting headache, feeling a bit more tired etc. not sure why the effect would dissipate and not get stronger...

Lets see how it goes over the next week etc.

bert45

bert45

Banned
Awards
Yea well it certianly wont compare to drugs like Cardarine considering it is a natural supplement. Its suprising because GDAs, especially it seems SlinMax gets stronger with use and you seemed to notice the Hypo feeling with your first couple doses ie. getting headache, feeling a bit more tired etc. not sure why the effect would dissipate and not get stronger...

Lets see how it goes over the next week etc.
Who wants to fux with cardarine with its cancerous side effects

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So this weekend has been a drinking and tailgate food fiesta. Bloating has been fairly well controlled considering the volume of food and booze. Had a wicked headache this morning but powered through and drank more all day. I'll be interested to see how everything looks and feels tomorrow when I'm back home.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Subbed for great glory

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Feedback from the weekend of debauchery:
Weight is actually right where it was before I left which is good. Definitely some "softness" and mild bloating but considering my diet/booze intake this is a huge win. I would think a day or two and this will be totally gone.

Overall, very happy with the result. It definitely seems as though SlinMax gets better with continued use. I'm still not completely sold on it as I haven't gotten any of the pump or fullness effects I have gotten from other products (namely ap and recompadrol) but we will see as I continue. Looks like I'm a little over 2/3 of the way through the bottle at this point as some of the cheat days as well as some random "trial" days I have used 2-3 2 cap doses.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established

Adizzle1 if we need more testers ...I'll volunteer I have a ton of insulin to burn off.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dosing has continued the last couple days at 2 caps pre-workout (fasted, 6am) and 2 caps with dinner (lower carb this week after the weekend blowout). Nothing much to note outside of what has been some rather stinky urine ha. Overall, still not feeling any negative effects wehn dosing 2 caps completely fasted and then not eeating until 12hrs later. While I like this fact, and assume that this helps with the absorption of the bcaas i drink during workouts and the day, it do tend to question the impact on blood sugar.

That said, the last few evenings my stomach has felt quite good when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee and seems to be settling a bit faster than normal after my giant evening/pre bed meals.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First time in forever that I had an early day off of work so I decided to sleep in the morn and hit the gym at 2... Completely fasted all day with nothing but a pre workout I was able to hit a 10lb PR for squats at 345lb.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
First time in forever that I had an early day off of work so I decided to sleep in the morn and hit the gym at 2... Completely fasted all day with nothing but a pre workout I was able to hit a 10lb PR for squats at 345lb.
OOOOOO WEEE! 345 at 180 ain't no joke!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on PR!

Crazy you can take 2 and not eat for so long, I'd be so shakey.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Congrats on PR!

Crazy you can take 2 and not eat for so long, I'd be so shakey.
Thanks man.

Ya it was an accident the first time I did it but now I've been doing it daily. Seems to make me more vascular during the day (which I enjoy for the vanity ha).