Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1448921689.255812.jpg

Having recently logged their -Epicatechin, Optimum Alpha has been gracious enough to send me a tub of their new Preworkout product along with an additional bottle of -Epicatechin to see what the 2 can do for my training combined. This couldn't have come at a better time - I'm 3 weeks out from a Max Deadlift competition at Hope for the Holidays 9 in STL, and any extra increase in GPP and endurance will serve me well, as it is a rising-bar event.

Take a look at this profile!

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1448921622.038620.jpg

And the -Epicatechin:

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1448921663.369801.jpg

There are multiple synergies at work here worth a look, but the biggest takeaway is this formula is no BS on dosing and stimulants are present to aid performance while kept on a leash to really let bloodflow shine. Everything is dosed in an excellent ratio to the other ingredients; I have to say that, initially, I LOVE the look of this profile.

As I'm currently about 238lbs in the morning, I'll be using 2 full scoops of Preworkout and 2 caps of -Epicatechin prior to training. Let's see what it's about!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Final Review

I began this stack weighing 238 and ended at 239 4 weeks later. Body composition has more or less remained static, although training volume was decidedly on the lower end for me as this log encompassed a peak for competition. Strength however has very good, and while gym time endurance and energy was only average at best my conditioning on meet day was superb. It actually surprised me how well I recovered between attempts, pulling 525, 555, & 585 over the span of only ~10 minutes without fatigue.

This stack was very easy to use - 2 scoops of Preworkout and 2 caps of -Epicatechin 30 min prior to gym, and 1-2 caps on off days divided. Preworkout mixed quickly and well in 8-10oz and has a tart, acquired flavor. It sent me to the toilet 10 min after ingestion the first few times and then ceased to do so within a week. Beta Al tingles and energy were present by 15 min, but as the stimulant dose is so mild this is an extremely smooth bump. Days I was dragging from travel or study there simply wasn't enough energy supplementation to get it done. If you need a strong dose to get you training first thing in the morning or after a long day of work, this is not going to cut it.

What I did get was excellent pump and always a smooth positive experience that never left me jittery, and 1.5 scoops is mild enough to enjoy before cardio/GPP/feeder type work and benefit from the stellar bloodflow increase.

As for value, -Epicatechin is not a cheap ingredient any way you hash it. I can honestly say now, like all my experiences w -epi, I always end up looking as good if not a tad better than the start. What someone is willing to pay for that is subjective. It is allegedly only positive for your health, and there are simply no sides I've ever experienced. The Preworkout only contains 15 full 2 scoop servings, a necessity at my weight. Even then it left something to be desired in pick-me-up. I would have to add a cup of coffee or a tab of Primatene to use this routinely. Truthfully this is a perfect product for me for conditioning type work, as the tub would go much farther at 1.5 scoop doses and the bloodflow factor really shines.

If you want a comprehensive, synergistic profile for a preWO stack that won't keep you up late but can deliver great pumps, and money isn't a big deal, this stack is for you. If you just grinded out a 10 hour shift and your idea of a preWO is a cost-effective alternative to a 20oz coffee w a triple shot of espresso, keep moving.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Since I'm currently prepping for a deadlift event, that is the most important part of my training right now. As such, this is what training looked like Saturday (prior to introducing the stack) at 21 days out:

Deadlift from floor
135x10, 5
225x5
315x4
405x2
+belt
475x1
525x1
545x1
505x2
455x2, 3

RDLs
3x10

Supported Tbar Rows
5x8

Lying Leg Curls
4x8-11

Wide Latpulldown
5x11-14

545 had a bad hitch, which is totally fine for this Strongman event but not something I wanted at all in this session so tried to work technique afterwards really hard. Hoping this is enough to set me up for a reasonable peak into the mid-high 500s come Dec 19th.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday, Sunday the 29th, I received the goods and popped them open for some heavy bench:

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1448923559.102145.jpg

After hours driving home and less than adequate rest I was honestly feeling exhausted before ever going into this. I was hoping I'd pep up with the Preworkout by time I hit the gym, but no such luck. Still, gotta get the work in:

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1448923790.744799.jpg

Microband Pullaparts, Facepulls & BSS til I felt good

Benchpress
45x5, 5, 5
95, 135x5
185x3
210x5
235x3
+wrist wraps
265x5 (1+, PR?)
+Full Boar Slingshot
285x3
305x3
325x2 PR
+2-board
345x2 PR

Raw CGBP
205x12

Dead - from the warmup to the last set I had zero energy; felt like a struggle to do every single set and just wanted to sleep, but strangely every time I laid down I was able to stay tight and bull strong. Must be all the food over the last few days. Pushed accessories off til Monday so I could actually do them justice.

Beta-al tingles were strong early on, and had a good flush, prob from the niacin, but I was beat from the get-go and the stims just weren't enough. Clearly, this isn't a hyper-charged stim cannon - this combo is built for pump/muscular endurance first and foremost.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today went in for some upper work

TRX Rows and Med Ball Slams to warm

Neutral Grip Pull-ups
BW 8x8 (240)

Alt w/

Standing Strict OHP
45x5, 5, 5
95x5
115x8
125x8
135x8
+crappy belt and wraps
145x8
155x8
165x6

Kb Tate Presses
25s x17
53s 4x8-10

Db Hammers
20, 30 x15
40s 4x12-14

The pump was real. Initial thoughts: this stuff isn't very sweet, and a bit tart/bitter even. It's not really tasty at all, but for some reason I don't mind drinking it. It mixes immediately and almost perfectly, and there is a good amount of dye. Goes down smooth with no grit.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Training lately has been a rotation of:

5/3/1 bench, slingshot work, upper accessory

5/3/1 squat, dynamic pulls, ghr & abs

Dynamic bench, floorpress, upper accessory

Peaking deadlift, posterior accessory

Lats are hit 2-3 times a week, on deadlift day, dynamic bench day, and either 5/3/1 bench or squat day. Bench and dead each have a primary and speed work each week. Abs are 1-2x a week cuz I suck, and squat has been getting the short straw. Overhead pressing has been relegated to accessory as of late.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In! Strong deads man!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In this. Time for some heavy pulls!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
In!! I like seeing & comparing different reviews of -epi.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In this bad boy! Kill it HYDE stuff looks great!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In this! I like that PWO label!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome to the party, all! Glad to have you - any questions or comments are welcome any time!
YatesWifey04 that profile pic...DECENT

Tonight was 5/3/1 squat and was tired as heck so took a Primatene along w my 2 scoops of Preworkout and 2 caps of -Epicatechin. Normally I would suck it up but I knew tonight needed to be fairly heavy and I didn't wanna set myself up for excuses.

Warmup

Squat w/ Texas Squat Bar
55x5
145x5
235x5
345x5
+sleeves and belt
395x3
445x3 (1+)
445+45 chain x1
415x3, 3

Speed Pulls, stiff bar
405x10 singles in 10 min

GHR
BWx12, 11, 10, 10

alt w/ Sit-ups on GHR
BWx3x12

Form was garbage it seemed until the 1+ set; idk if 445x3 is a PR but I shut it down after the third because I felt it started to come forward and I didn't wanna grind the 4th. The single with chain felt really heavy for that matter, too. Pulls, however, were exceptionally fast and smooth - really building confidence for this competition.

Maybe I'm crazy but I seemed to blow right thru the speed work and accessories tonight. Pump came on good and I didn't need the rest I normally do on any of that.

Flush wasn't as pronounced either.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was just looking at the label and 2 scoops is 22.6g! Dang

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed! I'd pull way back on anything that isn't deadlift related at this point, man. Time to come in strong. I'm of the belief that a peak is a systemic thing and really you've only got one heavy deadlift session left. Allow yourself to perform well at the meet with active recovery and rest.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In here brother sorry just found it.
Looks like a product I would 2-scoop but I am a supp whore lol ;)

How is the stim blend treating you?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Subbed! I'd pull way back on anything that isn't deadlift related at this point, man. Time to come in strong. I'm of the belief that a peak is a systemic thing and really you've only got one heavy deadlift session left. Allow yourself to perform well at the meet with active recovery and rest.
Definitely! 2.5 wks out from the 19th. I did the 5/3/1 week for bench and squat to help set up fatigue as they timed perfectly - why I hit the heavy single last night. I'm gonna pull my opener (~525) again Sunday, 13 days out, perhaps in a loose Superior suit I ordered Black Friday for training.

I was going to actually go fairly heavy next week (days 12-10) on squat and bench to further fatigue and pull a 455-485 single (last warmup) 8 days out.

Sound legit? Or should I run like a 5s week for squat and bench instead? I never peaked for one lift but figured it's the same - ramp fatigue 3-2weeks out then throttle down w full rest besides bloodflow 5 days prior.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In here brother sorry just found it.
Looks like a product I would 2-scoop but I am a supp whore lol ;)

How is the stim blend treating you?
Welcome! It's very mild, but it has to be for the intended effect - you can't get max bloodflow and oxygen supply if you're constricting the pipelines after all. Which is fine as I need to dial the stim intake back from here on anyway.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah if you're not competing in the other two, I'd have murdered myself on deadlift day and done really moderate training on the other two and accumulated fatigue that way. You can still do that from here on out.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah if you're not competing in the other two, I'd have murdered myself on deadlift day and done really moderate training on the other two and accumulated fatigue that way. You can still do that from here on out.
Lol yeah I totally didn't do that at all; been very conservative and never grinding anything or going balls out on sets or even sessions; always staying within 9/10 so to speak. Part of that is coming off a pulled erector as well as an aggravation of my old injury.

So should I actually go harder on this coming deadlift day 13 out, and throttle everything else back? Normally that day 21 out would have been my heaviest.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subd late

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
NEver miss out on a Hyde log...
Sup brotha!

Tonight I was well rested and the 2 scoops of Preworkout was plenty of stim. Tried to really keep the pace up and get a bit of volume in. Honestly great pump and didn't even feel dead when I left at all.

Micro Pullaparts and Facepulls x plenty

Speed Bench
45x10
+doubled monster minis (holy crapload of tension)
45x3, 3
4x3 close
4x3 mid
2x3 comp
155x2
185x2
205x1

Floorpress w sleeves
245x5, 5, 5

Incline DB Press
50s x20
60s x20
70s x15
80s x13

Facepulls
50x25, 25

Light Band Pressdowns
25 overhand, 25 underhand

Chins then Pull-ups on Fatbar
10, 8 / 6, 6

Scarecrows
15s x20

No idea why but this song always makes me wanna bench:

http://youtu.be/roQpKo_7i18

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol yeah I totally didn't do that at all; been very conservative and never grinding anything or going balls out on sets or even sessions; always staying within 9/10 so to speak. Part of that is coming off a pulled erector as well as an aggravation of my old injury.

So should I actually go harder on this coming deadlift day 13 out, and throttle everything else back? Normally that day 21 out would have been my heaviest.
Really, you're a little late now. And you've got the right idea on programming your pulls. I rarely go over opener weight in the gym, I always have a never miss mentality, but I will destroy myself with volume or block pull volume or assistance. It takes a piece of your soul to grow that deadlift.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Scarecrows
15s x20

No idea why but this song always makes me wanna bench:

http://youtu.be/roQpKo_7i18
It builds nicely, I can see that. Just have to time it before the tempo change at 3:19, that would screw me up in the middle of my set. Then the end is tight too.

This one is pretty good for me to hit a good lift because of how it builds. Normally I like a little heavier throughout but this does it for me.
[video=youtube;ev-bR9ii7Gs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev-bR9ii7Gs[/video]

Really, you're a little late now. And you've got the right idea on programming your pulls. I rarely go over opener weight in the gym, I always have a never miss mentality, but I will destroy myself with volume or block pull volume or assistance. It takes a piece of your soul to grow that deadlift.
Agree on the emboldened for sure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
New Justin Bieber tune? :salook:

I'm good man...

...by the way... awesome tune.. love the intro
That entire album, NOLA by Down, is definitely their best work. I like it better than his stuff w Pantera tbh

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright then I will just continue what I had planned - I'm the guy that takes a long time to systematically recover from heavy pulling.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trained last 4 days; today is off. Tomorrow is full body then off again sat to help out w our local strongman show and rest for Sunday: deadlift!

Thinking chins, cat squat, ohp w some rows or gm, abs and curls tomorrow.

AlphaCommandr

AlphaCommandr

Awards
Thank you Hyde, and yes I didn't wanna overload with the stims, just enough to give you a boost. The flavoring wasn't easy because there's so many ingredients, I had a lot of different flavors made, in the end I went with this one because it was the easiest to drink. Great write up so far as always.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You inspired me to try the monster mini's bench, and I concur, the tension at the top is crazy.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you Hyde, and yes I didn't wanna overload with the stims, just enough to give you a boost. The flavoring wasn't easy because there's so many ingredients, I had a lot of different flavors made, in the end I went with this one because it was the easiest to drink. Great write up so far as always.
I really like it so far. The overall flavor is decidedly unpleasant, yet it is EXTREMELY easy to drink. It's so smooth and there's something about the flavor that causes that reaction where you wanna keep drinking it. I actually look forward to it. So maybe it's not unpleasant? I just don't want people to think its gonna taste like a kids drink. It's all business and it handles itself smoothly. 2 scoops in 10oz is perfect. I'd say you made good choices on this one.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You inspired me to try the monster mini's bench, and I concur, the tension at the top is crazy.
I used doubled minis last 3 weeks w/ 115, 135, and 155 and thought it was time to wave the weight back and go up a band size but holy cow.

Well I lied - decided to get the pulling done today 15 out to have 2 more days to recover til the show.

All lifts on Texas Deadlift Bar

Floor
135x8
225x6
315x4
+belt
405x1
455x1
495x1
525x1 +hold for 6-10 sec

18in (bar just below knees)
405x3
455x3
495x3
545x2
+straps
585x1 PR (I suck off blocks)

Straps and belt stay on:

Cheaty BB Rows
225x3x8

alt w/ RDLs

275x3x8

Wide Latpulldown
90x10
140x10
180x11

Spud Ab Pulldowns
4x15

Spud Low Rows
2x20

If I can hit 585 without baby powder off 18in fatigued I can do it from the floor w powder after a peak, especially knowing I can hitch if necessary. Plenty of energy and felt pretty good today for sure.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice session and glad you're going into this with confidence in that last pull man. That's huge!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gym hosted the annual holiday strongman show. ~60 competitors, 4 events and we knocked it out in maybe 4 hours. I got to work with the 275+ guys, which was awesome as I had the best spot in the house all day. Talk about brutal strength.

Circus dumbbell press was 160 and we saw several 11+ reps. Medley carry w a 575 frame followed by running a 250lb sandbag back. 575 tired-axle deadlift saw a 16 rep 308er and one of the 275ers (seriously 290 at least w abs) hit it for 18 and stopped w time and gas to spare since he was in the lead. Same guy passed out as he damn near loaded a 500lb keg. I mean he was on the lip of the table and blacked clean out and came crashing down unconscious. The 308 that hit 16 reps on axle dead was this big jacked Russian from Chicago area; they call him Pavel. I was spotting the other side of the table directly across from him. This silverback loads the1/4 ton keg not 3 ft in front of me like its nothing, nose starts pouring blood, the room is like thunder, and when I put my hands on it to start moving it away he says, "I lift it one more" and actually attempted a second load. He was the only one to load it of the 4 who even attempted and he wanted to go for a 2nd for giggles. Epic.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol. Awesome story. Sounds like a pretty badass day

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't touch those strongman guys for badassery. I learned quickly in the one comp I did. I took second to last. And my class Was mildly competitive compared to the 200s and the true heavyweights.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sounds like fun, but I know I couldn't hang.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sounds like fun, but I know I couldn't hang.
Your first few comps, it's not about if you can hack it. Its about being able to tell your grandkids you've chucked a beer keg over your head, picked up a car, and ran with a boulder slung over your shoulder.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your first few comps, it's not about if you can hack it. Its about being able to tell your grandkids you've chucked a beer keg over your head, picked up a car, and ran with a boulder slung over your shoulder.
Exactly why i want to try it. That powerlifting + strongman program in CWS' new book definitely caught my eye.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was very badass, but jeez is it violent on the body: 2 guys clean passed out and nearly bashed their eyes out inches from corners of platforms, one of the frames got dropped really hard during the run and when he repicked it the weights blew off one side and then the other back corner so the frame flew up and nailed him across the back like getting hit w a pipe, and at least a few shoulders and biceps shut some competitors down. Several of the keg loads ended w ppl falling over backwards.

I think it'd be a blast but it's the kind of thing that needs to be done infrequently and not without a couple prayers for safety. And you genuinely need to be strong for your weight. Anyone can call their weights in powerlifting, or pay to get on stage in bodybuilding, but in strongman if you can't handle the weight - too bad.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Can't touch those strongman guys for badassery. I learned quickly in the one comp I did. I took second to last. And my class Was mildly competitive compared to the 200s and the true heavyweights.
Yeah the event on the 19th in STL should have some heavy hitters showing. I HAVE to pull a Max deadlift so I can call my weight - I'm in 242, and even if I cut to 220 the AMRAP weight is 550lbs lol. I'd probably hitch out 2 w straps. I'm just not strong enough to hang. Same w log press or axle press for reps. The 242 log is 250lbs for reps....I can't even max that yet lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gym hosted the annual holiday strongman show. ~60 competitors, 4 events and we knocked it out in maybe 4 hours. I got to work with the 275+ guys, which was awesome as I had the best spot in the house all day. Talk about brutal strength.

Circus dumbbell press was 160 and we saw several 11+ reps. Medley carry w a 575 frame followed by running a 250lb sandbag back. 575 tired-axle deadlift saw a 16 rep 308er and one of the 275ers (seriously 290 at least w abs) hit it for 18 and stopped w time and gas to spare since he was in the lead. Same guy passed out as he damn near loaded a 500lb keg. I mean he was on the lip of the table and blacked clean out and came crashing down unconscious. The 308 that hit 16 reps on axle dead was this big jacked Russian from Chicago area; they call him Pavel. I was spotting the other side of the table directly across from him. This silverback loads the1/4 ton keg not 3 ft in front of me like its nothing, nose starts pouring blood, the room is like thunder, and when I put my hands on it to start moving it away he says, "I lift it one more" and actually attempted a second load. He was the only one to load it of the 4 who even attempted and he wanted to go for a 2nd for giggles. Epic.
Epic is the right word!!!!
Yeah the event on the 19th in STL should have some heavy hitters showing. I HAVE to pull a Max deadlift so I can call my weight - I'm in 242, and even if I cut to 220 the AMRAP weight is 550lbs lol. I'd probably hitch out 2 w straps. I'm just not strong enough to hang. Same w log press or axle press for reps. The 242 log is 250lbs for reps....I can't even max that yet lol
Yeah there is a reason they call it strong man!!! Just ridiculous!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Epic is the right word!!!!
Yeah there is a reason they call it strong man!!! Just ridiculous!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Spent the first 30-40 min today moving all the racks and bars and equipment around at the gym getting everything back to normal. Good fullbody warmup. Warmed shoulders up w a few sets of Pullaparts after and got cracking.

Bench
45, 135, 190, 215x5
240x9 (5+) PR
+full boar slingshot
285x6 1bd
315x3 1bd
315x3 touch PR

Chins
10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6

Strict Axle OHP
140x3x8

Overhead Tri Ext w Light Band
20, 20, 16, 16, 16

Keg Clean and Press
110, 130, 160

Just wanted to play w the kegs and see what I could do - 160 was easy. 240x9 was RPE 10, but everything else was 8-9. Great session.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude I wish my gym had all that accessory/strong man stuff to mess around with

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude I wish my gym had all that accessory/strong man stuff to mess around with
The only actual machine we have is a lat pulldown w a broken low pulley, but it's close to home and is easily everything I need. A place to chalk your hands and where you can get a slap on the back if you need it, and progress is encouraged and valued. You're either a class member or a competitor - no geeks randomly bopping around like at a commercial gym, trying to show you the "proper way to do a shrug" or some other nonsense.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice bench PR Hyde.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice bench PR Hyde.
Thanks man; it's been moving right along!

Tonight 405 just felt...hard, so I did the bare min reps and saved the gas. I think I'm feeling the peak honestly as I'm 12 days out so figured no reason to push at this point.

Squat on Tex Power Bar
45x8, 5
135, 225, 305, 365x5
+belt & sleeves
405x5 (5+)
+45 chain total
405x2
425x2

Speed Pulls on Tex Deadlift Bar
225x10
315x4
+belt
405x1
445x6 singles every 45 sec

GHR
12, 12, 10, 12

alt w/ Sit-ups on GHR
3x12

Hams and abs were pumped by end of first sets on GHR work - like exceptionally pumped. Seems like pumps are getting better the longer I take this combo.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work and congrats on that bench PR.