Koltink APS Mesomorph log

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Howdy y'all
Thanks to the good folks at APS I'll be logging a tub of the bomb pop flavored mesomorph. I'm pretty stoked about it because it's been a while since I've taken a good dmaa pre, and hopefully it kicks my a$$!! I'm also curious to see how the creatine nitrate will treat me as it has been a while since I've taken it and my position on nitrates have changed a little bit (more positive now).

Stats

Height:5'7
Weight:185
Bf%: sitting right around 15

My workout will either start around 4 in the morning or 4 in the evening most days, I'll also let y'all know if I workout fasted or not. All this being said I don't have a specific routine I follow now but I will fill y'all in if that changes!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
In for this!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Here we go on the Mesomorph ride

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Buckled up and ready for the ride

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In! Interested in seeing if the effects are different fasted/non fasted! I only train fasted so would be cool to know.

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Alright first workout is done!

Initial impressions:
Taste- awesome as expected
Focus- absolute intense focus, also pretty expected
Pump- much better than I thought they would be

Workout: chest and back
Warmed up with a jog and then light bent over rows and push-ups

Deadlifts
135x10
225x10
315x6
365x6
405x3
455x2x2
Superset with pec deck 6x10

Weighted pull ups BW+20lbs
To failure x4
Superset with decline weighted push-ups to failure x4

Lawnmower pulls 100lbs 3x6

Incline dumbbell alternating notches 6 total sets x10

Cable rows 3x16

Bench 185+40lbs of chains x3x6
Finished with 200 strokes on the row machine as fast as I could and push ups to failure

Focus was insane, I've severely missed that feeling. I did all this in about 45 minutes!
THIS WAS ON HALF A SCOOP!
great workout and judging by today I've got about 25 or so left!

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Subbed! I cannot wait to try this for myself. My husband already told me he wants in on my next order. Nah, bro.

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Subbed! I cannot wait to try this for myself. My husband already told me he wants in on my next order. Nah, bro.
I'm not too big on stims but definitely start with half a scoop

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Half a scoops is wise but a full scoop is oh so much fun!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I agree with this. I am not the biggest stim guy and half a scoop does wonders for me!!!

Get log so far!!!!

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was shoulders!

Lateral raises 8x10
Shoulder press 4x8 (db)
Bent over reverse flies 5x6
Barbell shoulder press 3x4
Lateral raises w/band 2x20
Front raises 2x15
Front raises w/ band 2x20
Upright rows 2x10

Everything was superset with shrugs or farmers walk. I used mostly light weight except with the presses. Leg workout will be up later today!

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
How was your shoulder pump after that?

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Legs- this was fasted after an awful nights sleep yesterday morning

Warmup: jog, BW lunges and squats

Weighted lunges- 3x10 (each leg) with 135

Overhead squats- 4x5 with 135

Front squat- 4x6 with 225

Leg press 3x20

All of these we superset with some sort of calf raises

Might not sound like too much but for a fasted leg workout pump was good and energy was awesome

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Nice to see someone overhead and front squatting. Respect. OHS is one of my favorite lifts.

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Nice to see someone overhead and front squatting. Respect. OHS is one of my favorite lifts.
Let's just say I love to hate it! Haha I can't do too much because of poor shoulder mobility but it's certainly a great addition to any routine imo

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Hell yea! Keep killing it

halljo

halljo

Awards
Doesn't this have DMAA, Gluconorate, and caffeine in it? Sure seems like a crapload of stims. Any chances of getting stim burn out?

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
It is a pretty heavy stimmed pre which is why I will mostly be around half a scoop. You could certainly build up a tolerance but that would be over time

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
And that's also why you take 3-4 week stim breaks every so often

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Bis/tris
This was actually a pretty rough workout for me. I have awful shoulders and my left was really getting to me.

Curls 2x8
Hammer curls 2x8
These were both done standing and sitting back at a 45

Tricep kick backs 3x12
Reverse tricep extensions 2x12 each hand
Over head extensions 2x10

I really wanted to get more in but my shoulder wasn't having it, but the energy was in plenty still. Used it to get some homework done

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm good with 1/2-3/4 scoop as well! I usually fix 3/4 a scoop but never need it all! Just sip it on the way to the gym.

Did you injure your shoulders in the past or do they just hurt?

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
What's up with your shoulders? Old injury?

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it's from many shoulder injuries. Many dislocations, high humerus fractures, a partial labrum tear and a full labrum tear. It's been pretty good the past year but just started acting up last week

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Chest/back

Dead lifts
3x8 at 315
And a set at 405x5

Seated rows
2x15

Bench press
2x6 phase reps
Reverse grip
2x8

Pec deck
3x15

Bent dumbbell rows
2x20

This was a pretty short chest/back session for me. I also finished with some tire flips. My shoulder started to bother me quite a bit though. I also should note that the pump was pretty good, that's been the big surprise from this pre for me

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah it's from many shoulder injuries. Many dislocations, high humerus fractures, a partial labrum tear and a full labrum tear. It's been pretty good the past year but just started acting up last week
Yikes!! You must've played a lot of sports growing up?

Hope you have a great thanksgiving!

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Yikes!! You must've played a lot of sports growing up?

Hope you have a great thanksgiving!
In highschool I played varsity baseball, football, soccer, power lifting, and wrestling. Sports have been a huge part of my life. Ever since I finished with college baseball I now play slow pitch softball, power lift, and a lot of disc golf.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone one following!

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1448585621.025865.jpg
my thanksgiving meal! Hope everyone enjoyed yours! Anyone hitting up some Black Friday/weekend sales? I've already jumped on some ab ab/eviscerate smolder. Going to start focusing on cutting starting Monday

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I hit chest

Bench
Sets of: 12,8,6,4,2
Ending on 315 which is pretty huge for me
Especially with how my shoulder has been
Decline dumbbell press 5x6 ending with 100s
And then pec deck

Posts might get a little short because I'm fairly certain I broke me thumb but I'll do my best to keep them detailed

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Missed a trap/cardio log the other day but it was honestly pretty pathetic

Yesterday
Legs

Squats: 4x12 with 225
Superset with paused bw lunges

Leg extensions 2 sets to failure
Leg curls 2 sets to failure
Hip thrusts 2 sets to failure
Finished with 20 minutes incline walk

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Yesterday I hit chest

Bench
Sets of: 12,8,6,4,2
Ending on 315 which is pretty huge for me
Especially with how my shoulder has been
Decline dumbbell press 5x6 ending with 100s
And then pec deck

Posts might get a little short because I'm fairly certain I broke me thumb but I'll do my best to keep them detailed
Oh man! Sorry to hear about your thumb.

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Oh man! Sorry to hear about your thumb.
All good, just got X-rays and there's no brake just a bad sprain. So grip will suffer for a while but that's really it

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Back

Lat pulls 2x20
3x8

Seated rows 2x20
2x4

Bent rows
2x8

Row machine 3 minutes

Tabata on stationary bike 6 min
Incline treadmill for 10 minutes

All in all a pretty good workout but the pump was absolutely insane! Best pump I've had on back in maybe a year. The focus is really helping especially since I can't grip anything too well

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
All good, just got X-rays and there's no brake just a bad sprain. So grip will suffer for a while but that's really it
That's good news. I'm glad for you.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Back

Lat pulls 2x20
3x8

Seated rows 2x20
2x4

Bent rows
2x8

Row machine 3 minutes

Tabata on stationary bike 6 min
Incline treadmill for 10 minutes

All in all a pretty good workout but the pump was absolutely insane! Best pump I've had on back in maybe a year. The focus is really helping especially since I can't grip anything too well
Glad to see someone else getting those crazy pumps !!!! Keep killin it!

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Thanksgiving looked yummy!

Did you get those labrums fixed? I am so terrified of labrum tears. I do a lot of gymnastics stuff and I'm always terrified of doing something on the rings that will f**k me up for life, haha.

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
The full yes, but not the partial tear. Gymnastics is the real deal! I used to workout at a baseball facility right next to a gymnastics gym and when it rained we would workout with them, their coach would conspire with our coach and it would be brutal

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
It is legit, for sure. I'm in awe of how much control gymnasts have over their bodies and how easy they make things look. I learned all of it as an adult, and let me tell you - it's not pretty.

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
The full yes, but not the partial tear. Gymnastics is the real deal! I used to workout at a baseball facility right next to a gymnastics gym and when it rained we would workout with them, their coach would conspire with our coach and it would be brutal

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Well bis/tris yesterday
Basically just hammer curls for 8 sets to failure, I could only get a good grip on 20's so it is what it is
Tricep extensions for 8 sets to failure as well

Doesn't sound like much but with volume like that the pump is always there. One thing mesomorph is really helping with is the focus for cardio after. Tamara for 5 minutes the a mile jog (7:37 pace) and I light incline walk for 5 minutes

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
I bet that pump was crazy. I'm glad to hear that the focus has been on point with the meso. I have some coming to me soon and I can't wait to try this out.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Well bis/tris yesterday
Basically just hammer curls for 8 sets to failure, I could only get a good grip on 20's so it is what it is
Tricep extensions for 8 sets to failure as well

Doesn't sound like much but with volume like that the pump is always there. One thing mesomorph is really helping with is the focus for cardio after. Tamara for 5 minutes the a mile jog (7:37 pace) and I light incline walk for 5 minutes
Ive noticed that as well. With other pre's I will take them and by the time its time for my cardio session post weights I am tired

Meso helps me BIG time with focus and makes cardio a breeze.

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Legs/chest

Squats 2x10 @225
1x6@315
1x3@405
1x1@445

Pistol squats
2x3 each leg

Leg extensions/curls
2x20
All pistols and squats were superset with calf raises
Chest
Pec deck 3x10
Each set superset with push-ups to failure

The leg portion of my workout was great, the chest part not so much. I also finished with 8 minutes on the stair stepper

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
I'm at what looks to be around half way done with the tub which makes sense with this number of workouts. To make things a little more fun I'm gonna post some of my favorite workout jams and would love to see some of yalls too! First one is Rob Bailey and the hustle standard, probably my favorite band to workout to
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1449150252.831063.jpg

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
You have a very good log going. I'm glad to see your experiencing good focus all the way through your cardio. Some have questioned whether or not a tolerance will be built up so that you have to get off Mesomorph for a time. Do you think you have used it long enough to give a good response to this question?

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
You have a very good log going. I'm glad to see your experiencing good focus all the way through your cardio. Some have questioned whether or not a tolerance will be built up so that you have to get off Mesomorph for a time. Do you think you have used it long enough to give a good response to this question?
I'm sure a tolerance could be built up but that's pretty much with every single stim, just a matter of time. I'm about 3 weeks or so in and haven't noticed any changes in stim tolerance or effect. At the end of the log I'll touch on this again

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I've missed the past few days, between baseball, work, and finals life has been crazy

Back

Dead lift
10x135
10x225
6x315
4x415
4x465
1x505

Pull ups
3x12

Seated rows
2x15

Bent over rows
3x12
I only used 30 lb Dumbbells to really get a good contraction

Reverse hypers
2x20

All in all a pretty killer workout, I wanted to go a little bit higher reps on the heavier deads but was a little gassed