Hemavo2 Max meets Winter Bulk and Gotti

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First I would like to Thank Vaughn for picking me to log Hemavo2 Max-Watermelon.

Every athlete strives to stretch their limits, beat their competition, to reach their goals and go beyond. HEMAVO2 MAX™ IS performance enhancement. Get a HUGE pump with increased delivery of blood, nutrients, and oxygen to hungry muscles and increase VO2 Max, your body’s limit for utilizing energy from Oxygen. Get supercharged training, incredible endurance, amplified strength & power, and intense focus only from HEMAVO2 MAX™!*

HEMAVO2 MAX™ is the King of Pump for its unmatched Nitric Oxide boost for vasodilation combined with the patented cellular volumizing effect of Hydromax™. HEMAVO2 MAX™ gives you an intense pump to feed your muscles with oxygen and nutrients during your workout/sport for power, incredible hydration for the endurance athlete, and buffers lactic acid to increase endurance and aid in recovery.*

Agmatine Sulfate: The most effective path to boost Nitric Oxide,Hemavo2 Max™ packs a huge 1,000mg dose of this amino acid to deliver MONSTER pumps. Be prepared for bulging veins and nasty pumps for hours on end!*

L-Citrulline: One of the best performance-enhancing ingredients available, L-Citrulline is an amino acid for great and long lasting pumps with huge increases in endurance. L-Citrulline increases Nitric Oxide by converting to L-Arginine in the blood and then directly to Nitric Oxide. (If you ingest Arginine directly, it quickly degrades in the stomach and does not convert to Nitric Oxide). L-Citrulline is the KEY to increasing N.O. through the Arginine pathways.*

L-Citrulline is also an effective lactic acid buffer, to increase endurance and improve recovery. Lactic acid makes our muscles ache and burn while we train. By buffering away that acid, our muscles experience less pain during training, allowing us to train longer and harder!*

Hydromax™ (65% Glycerol): Glycerol is able to draw water into your muscle cells and blood vessels, swelling your muscles and enhancing your pump. It also can significantly increase hydration and endurance for endurance athletes such as running and cycling. HydroMax™ is the next generation of Glycerol delivery with up to 1,300% more Glycerol than standard compounds such as Glycerol Monostearate. HEMAVO2 MAX™ contains a whopping 2,000mg per serving, which means PUMPS, HYDRATION and ENDURANCE! *

Creatine is a top all-around performance supplement, with well-known benefits for increased strength, power and size. HEMAVO2 MAX™ has TWO forms of creatine combined with betaine for additional creatine support, body recomposition and improved protein synthesis. Whether you are lifting weights, playing sports or training for endurance, HEMAVO2 MAX™ gives you a foundation for better performance!*

Creatine Nitrate: A combination of the most proven strength and power enhancer and a pharmaceutical Nitric Oxide boost, Creatine Nitrate gives you the best of both worlds!*

Creatine HCL: Fast-acting and hard-hitting enhancement of strength, power, and athletic performance without the side effects associated with the outdated Creatine Monohydrate, such as bloating.*

Betaine (Trimethyl Glycine): HEMAVO2 MAX™ contains a huge 2,500mg dose to give athletes improved body composition (less fat, more muscle), increased muscle size, enhanced work capacity/endurance, and increased power!*

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bulk Season

Weight: 170ish
Diet: 2800-2900 calories, high carbs, low fat, moderate protein
Training: 4 days lifting per week, hitting each muscle group twice a week, Wednesdays are cardio and abs, doing 10 minute liss cardio each morning

My diet and training could change at any time, I had a disagreement with a trainer on a site and he said why don't I work with him and see how it works. I've already changed the weight training but I prefer HIIT cardio after lifting and I'm giving LISS in the morning a shot, I usually don't eat as much carbs as I am but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it works.

So for example this week:
Monday: Legs/Back/Bi
Tuesday: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Wednesday: Cardio/abs
Thursday: Legs/Back/Bi
Friday: Off
Saturday: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Sunday: Off

Then the next week it's
Monday: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Tuesday: Legs/Back/Bis
Wednesday: Cardio/abs
Thursday: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Friday: Off
Saturday: Legs/Back/Bis
Sunday: Off

The Monday and Tuesday are more based towards strength while Thurs and Sat are more volume based.

Supplements:
Evomuse BMP
AST R-ALA
Premium Powders Omega 3-6-9
Premium Powders Whole Food Multivitamin
Mr Supps Whey Isolate
Syntrax Nectar Whey
AST Creatine
I Force Mass Gainz
GSN Phytofuze
I Force Compete
AI Sports Recoverpro
I Force Hemavo2 Max-Watermelon

I might be forgetting something or might add some more things and I'll make notes of that if I do.

Come and join the ride as I attempt to stay lean as I attempt to gain some size. I'm up about 6.5 lbs from the middle of September when I started this type of diet.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Final Review!

I first want to say thank you again to Vaughn and the whole I Force/Hi-tech team to let me try this product.

So before I start the review I want to state that this is not just a pump product. It's more than just pumps.

Taste 8/10- The flavor was really solid. It was never really a problem drinking it, I never cringed at the thought of drinking it. I did notice that if I added more water than usual the flavor was actually better. Usually a flavor would get watered down with too much water but Hemavo2 was the opposite for me. The problems I had with the flavor was I also didn't look at drinking it as a treat, for example the lemon drop Compete from I force is something I really enjoy. I received the watermelon flavor and was hoping for a jolly rancher watermelon flavor and never really got that. It was a slight watermelon flavor. Overall though it was a good flavor that I would get again.

Mixability 9/10- Never had a problem with Hemavo2 mixing in a blender bottle or even with a glass and spoon. Never had any clumps. When drinking it I never felt like I had a chalky powder in my throat or anything. The Hydromax was the only thing that didn't dissolve 100% but that's normal so it wasn't a big deal to me. Even then the particles were so small that they never bothered me.

Strength 8/10- It's kind of difficult to judge the strength aspect of this product as I was taking a natural anabolic along with some other products during the log. But I did set some PR's during the log and even when I felt tired or injured I was still able to lift some decent weight. The ingredient profile in the strength and power amplification are also proven and about as good as your going to find in a preworkout product. So I do credit Hemavo2 towards helping me reach some PR's in the gym.

Focus 9/10- This is what stood out to me the most. The product might be advertised as a pump product but the focus I received from this product was a surprise and very impressive. I've used choline and DMAE in the past and didn't think much of them. However my focus while on this product was very noticeable. As I get older I look less to heavy stim's and more towards a feeling like Hemvo2 gave me in the gym. I got to the gym, I knew what my goals were and I was able to reach those goals without getting side tracked with conversations or excuses. The focus aspect really got me through a few workouts where I didn't want to go to the gym or thought I would have a bad workout. Once Hemvo2 kicked in I knew what time it was and all of this without having addtional stim's in the profile. I have to say my focus on this product was better than some straight nootropic products.

Pumps 9/10- Now what everyone is waiting for. What I'll mention here is consistency. A lot of the pump products I've tried might give you a pump 2 workouts and then nothing for 2 workouts. Hemavo2 gave me a pumps on just about all workouts. There might have been once or twice in the log where the pumps weren't stellar but other than that the product was spot on with some of the best pumps I've had in awhile. For most of the log I wasn't even lifting to get a pump or doing high volume on a specific muscle. I was hitting 3 muscles per workout so I wasn't able to do 15 sets of any muscle group. I did at the end switch back to a more traditional split and Hemavo2 continued to shine when it came to pumps. The pumps lasted for hours after the workout too, on multiple occasions I left the gym and hours later I still had a noticeable pump in the mirror but was also able to still feel the pump in the muscle I worked that day. The profile includes some of my favorite pump ingredients not to mention the creatine nitrate in the strength department. Hemavo2 is one of the best pump products I've used to date.

Conclusion: Hemavo2 is one of the best pump products I've ever tried. But it's much more than that. Hemavo2 is probably the best non stim preworkout on the market. The pump profile is really impressive if that is all your looking for. However just taking it as a pump product is not giving the product it's due. The focus from the product along with the proven strength profile allows this product to pull away from other products in the same category. A lot of companies release version 2's of products that don't stand up to the first version but IMO this product takes the popular Hemavol and drastically improves on everything you loved about the first version.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Good start to your log. Your list of supplements is long. I'm here for the ride!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good start to your log. Your list of supplements is long. I'm here for the ride!
haha yeah it is, I use 3 different types of proteins throughout the day for different reasons....mass gainz is my preworkout meal/snack, the mr supps whey is chocolate so I mix it with yogurt to make a protein pudding and the nectar is for another shake during the day...for intra I'm only using 1 scoop of compete instead of 2 and mixing it with 1 scoop of recoverpro

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In! Can't wait to see your results man

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid start bro.. the watermelon flavor is redic awesome!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday

BB flat Bench 3 sets
Incline BB Bench 3 sets
Seated Shoulder press 3 sets
DB Side Lateral raise 3 sets
Rope Extensions 3 sets
Dip Machine 3 sets

Close Grip bench superset with side lateral raises (different angle) 3 sets
Cable Flies 3 sets

Before I left work I was having a pain in my chest which was odd and uncomfortable. I didn't think it was anything serious and it wasn't debilitating so I went to the gym. When I got to benching and even in warm ups I felt it. Needless to say my chest numbers were not as good as last week. I don't think it was just the chest pain, my chest and front delts just felt tired. My numbers weren't super bad though, a rep here or there.

Then I got to shoulders and my weight was just fine, continued to move up my weight on the shoulder press which I was happy with.

The pumps were def more noticeable with the Hemavo2 MAX than without it. As you see I'm not doing a ton of constant volume on one muscle group but my upper half was pumped. Not the best pump I've ever experienced but above what I've had with this type of training. Even on the drive home from the gym I couldn't "feel" a pump any longer but I touched my chest and it felt rock hard. The pump seemed to last a little while too. I went home and ate, did the dishes, and showered like an hour and half after the gym and in the mirror my chest still looked a bit more pumped than before.

The watermelon flavor of Hemavo2 MAX is solid, I sort of expected a Jolly Rancher type candy watermelon, it wasn't that. I got a slight hint of watermelon as it wasn't overpowering. But whatever flavor I was tasting was good. It went down easy and seemed to mix pretty good. My last sip I had some grit go down but it wasn't clumps, just a bit of dust.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
How much water are you using? This should taste just like Jolly Rancher Watermelon.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Nice log so far!!! But like he said, how much water are you using?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
6-8oz give or take...but also keep in mind, about 10-15 minutes before I drink the hemavo2, I'm slamming about 20oz's of bcaa water

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
6-8oz give or take...but also keep in mind, about 10-15 minutes before I drink the hemavo2, I'm slamming about 20oz's of bcaa water
Hm, you may want to cleanse your palette between the two and see if that provides you with the Watermelon flavor that Hemavol2 is known for. You can try something like unsalted crackers or milk to accomplish that.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
The grit is usually the GMS. I would try playing with the water amounts even though you are drinking 20oz of water shortly before you take the hemavol. You could always put the hemavol in the BCAA water that you're drinking. Great start so far and looking forward to following along.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The grit is usually the GMS. I would try playing with the water amounts even though you are drinking 20oz of water shortly before you take the hemavol. You could always put the hemavol in the BCAA water that you're drinking. Great start so far and looking forward to following along.
yeah the gms is tricky with water....I mix my hemavol in my car in the parking lot of work before leaving, I may not have given it a good enough shake to get it mixed all the way and was too excited to get to the gym before I got stuck in traffic leaving the parking lot

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
In in in!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In! Very thorough already! Love it!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday

Safety Bar Squat 5 sets
Lat Pulldown 3 sets
Seated Rope Row 3 sets
DB curl superset with straight bar pulldown 3 sets
Preacher Curl Machine superset with stiff legged deadlift
High cable double curl 2 sets

Ever show up to the gym or start and exercise and you feel unbeatable? That's how I felt when squatting yesterday. I usually don't do that many working sets and tend to do sets of a leg press. But squatting just felt right. Not sure if it was the bar I haven't used in awhile or what but once I noticed that the weight felt good and the form felt good I decided to just keep going. I did some weight that I haven't done in a very long time. The best part was I was in the zone so much that I didn't have to really have to get amp'd for the lift. I loaded the weights and pretty much just knew I would be able to get it. I probably could of kept going a little heavier but at one point it hit me not to push my luck since this weight has been unchartered territory for a long time.

The extra squat sets seemed to really squeeze me for time and that's why I had to superset my bicep work. I didn't really notice in terms of pumps until the 3rd set of the preacher curls when my biceps seemed to pump really quickly. It was a nice feeling, wish I had a sleeveless shirt on so I could check myself out in the mirror but I didn't haha.

My arms did look a little bigger this morning with slightly more detail than they have. So I'm moving in the right direction.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a pretty awesome day! Great job on the squats

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Nice work! Those days when you feel "unbeatable" are great.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Nice job on the squats. The safety bar is no friggin joke. Have you had any luck with the mixing or the water amounts?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job on the squats. The safety bar is no friggin joke. Have you had any luck with the mixing or the water amounts?
no clue what a safety bar is??

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah the next day I gave it a few hard shakes, it was better....still just a tiny bit, and personally it doesn't bother me as long as it's not clumps but it's worth reporting for other people. GMS doesn't mix the best like we discussed so it's not a big deal.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday

Cardio- 20 minute liss

Abs- Russian seat leg raises superset with weighted side dips 3 sets
Ab loungue 4 sets of 60

Pretty low key day, the LISS cardio is pretty boring, my gym doesn't have a good magazine collection and for anyone who has followed me in the past knows I just turn on a podcast and make the best of it. So that's what I did.

Nothing major to report, I'll try and get a weight later this week but in the mirror my arms appear to be bigger, I know I reported this yesterday but figured the pump might be the factor but they still look a bit bigger.

I didn't take hemavo2 because I figured it's just light cardio. The jug has 25 servings, so I was just going to maximize the pump effects for days I lift. If the reps want me to take it on Wednesday's or even off days I'll add it in.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Pretty low key day, the LISS cardio is pretty boring, my gym doesn't have a good magazine collection and for anyone who has followed me in the past knows I just turn on a podcast and make the best of it. So that's what I did.
I agree, LISS sucks. Do you watch any youtube channels? That always helps pass the time when I'm on the stairmaster

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree, LISS sucks. Do you watch any youtube channels? That always helps pass the time when I'm on the stairmaster
no not usually, I know my friend uses Netflix but I just usually listen to informative podcasts, I just signed up for a program where I work that allows me to listen to books, which will be able to be included in my personal file...so I may start doing that

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
no not usually, I know my friend uses Netflix but I just usually listen to informative podcasts, I just signed up for a program where I work that allows me to listen to books, which will be able to be included in my personal file...so I may start doing that
Ah nice! Audiobooks are where its at man. Another great way to make use of cardio time

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah nice! Audiobooks are where its at man. Another great way to make use of cardio time
yeah I was interested in an audiobook subscription program a few months back, the name slips my mind, but this goes towards work so I figure it'll be good overall

a lot of the podcasts I listen to are pretty informative like joe rogan or different fitness podcasts, I doubt these will be as entertaining but I always have headphones in from the minute I leave work until about an hour before bed

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday

Hammer Strength Press superset with EZ Curl bar high rows 3 sets
Hammer Strength Decline press superset with reverse flies 3 sets
Peck Deck superset with side lateral raises 3 sets
Hammer strength press (seated sideways) superset with facepulls 3 sets
DB overhead extension 3 sets
Straight bar underhand cable extensions (backwards) 3 sets
Chain attachment cable extensions 3 sets

Half way through the day yesterday I just felt wiped out. I was sore all over and just felt worn out. At about lunch time I felt like I didn't want to go to the gym and just wanted to sleep. Could of been a great rest day. But I went to the gym and even though I didn't crush the weights and didn't really even touch any free weights it was an overall positive workout.

As you can see I went with some non conventional exercises. I decided if I wasn't going to use a lot of compound movements I might as well focus on squeezing the muscle and also do some exercises I either haven't done in awhile or saw other people doing that looked interested. Like the underhand extensions I saw Maxx Charles doing, grab a straight bar on a high cable under handed and instead of doing push downs you turns your back to the weight stack and extend the bar from above or over your head down to about your chest area, it was interesting.

With that said I felt like I made the best of a bad situation of being worn out and tired. I got enough volume in to where I was happy and had some fun with new exercises as well.

The pumps were better than usual but not out of control. I didn't change my diet at all yesterday, towards the end of my workout I thought, I have a pump, it's not super strong but it's almost like my body just doesn't want to get a monster pump tonight, especially with that many isolation type exercises. However before bed I reached for something, I think a phone charger and my tricep still felt like it had somewhat of a pump to it.

A few guys from the gym asked me to go out last night for the game. I ended up showering and dead on my recliner by 8:30, glad today is an off day.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I hope you can get some rest. Nice work, even though you were tired. The lasting pump in your tricep is good to hear. Have a great weekend

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Feels. Some days you just gotta go in and grind it out. I've actually done that exercise you were describing. Hits the tris like no other.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Is that an attachment or all one piece?

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
It's 1 piece of equipment.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
It's 1 piece of equipment.
I've never seen one used before other then videos. It looks like it is very helpful to keep the correct form.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday

Leg extension superset with laying leg curl superset with t bar row 3 sets
Leg press superset with pull ups 3 sets
Goblet squats superset with close grip lat pulldown 3 sets
DB Curl superset with seated calf raise 3 sets
Incline DB hammer curl 3 sets
BB reverse curl 3 sets

First off I mixed Hemavo2 in a glass of water on Saturday since I don't have to take it with me to work. It was much better in the glass of water. Maybe my shaker needs to be replaced because the flavor was a lot different. It was a lot better, still not much watermelon flavor but it's still a solid flavor.

I feel like I'm missing something but as of right now I can't remember it. So after being tired late last week. I kind of remained tired all weekend. Didn't do much Friday and got a full nights rest. Had a decent workout at the gym and didn't feel too tired but 4 or 5 hours after the gym I was asleep on my couch. Saturday night I relaxed and again got a good nights rest in hopes to recharge myself. I was ok yesterday but my back was really sore so I decided to foam roll and take an Epsom salt bath to help recover a bit.

Back to the workout. It wasn't to bad, it was a cold morning so it took a bit longer to warm up but I had a good pump in my back and inner and outter thigh area. Not really my quads or hams though. Biceps of course felt really good and the reverse curls showed some decent vein's popping even with me not being super lean.

I'm up 1lb from last time I weighed in. I feel like I'm carrying more weight around if that makes sense, like I'm a bigger presence when I'm moving around. But I don't notice to much of a difference in the mirror.

This weeks training is a bit up in the air as I don't know what the gym hours are going to be. I was going to go out of town for the holiday but it doesn't look like that will happen either.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Interesting about the flavor difference. Was the GMS better dissolved, too? How much water did you put in the glass?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting about the flavor difference. Was the GMS better dissolved, too? How much water did you put in the glass?
probably a little more than my shaker, like 8-10 oz's, I still noticed a bit of dust, or small grains.....might be time for a new shaker cup

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday

Squat 3 sets
Leg Press 3 sets
Lat pulldown 3 sets
Hammer Strength low row 3 sets
EZ curl bar wide grip 3 sets
EZ curl bar close grip 3 sets
Bulgarian split squat superset with straight bar pulldown superset with rope hammer curl 3 sets

Felt better yesterday, kept thinking it was a chest/shoulders/tri's day but other than that I felt like I had a good workout. I didn't break any PR's on strength. But it was one of those days when you could feel everything was firing properly. On the squats I wasn't just pushing weight, I could feel my glutes, hams, and quads all engaging, same with the lat pulldowns. It all felt pretty smooth even though the weight on some of the sets was relatively heavy.

My focus inside the gym felt elevated. All without music, my headphones went wacky early on in my exercise but I felt like it didn't affect me at all and still got done with what I had to do. Workout felt like it went quickly as well.

The pump was sneaky yesterday. My legs felt like jello after the leg presses but it wasn't until after the Bulgarian squats that walking up the steps is when I was really able to notice a pump. My biceps weren't super hard pumped but after I showered a few hours after the gym, my arm was at my side and it was still noticeable. So even without the greatest pump, the pump is still long lasting. Pretty incredible

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
That's awesome. Taking Hemavol on leg day is brave, haha!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday

DB Flat Press 3 sets
BB Incline Press 3 sets
Shoulder press 3 sets
Side Lateral Raise 3 sets
Dips 3 sets
V Bar tricep extension 3 sets

Cable crossover superset with single hand underhand extension superset with side lateral raise (different angle)

First heavy chest day I've been able to get back to the dumbbells in a few weeks. I was really happy with the results. My final set I've been using the same weight the last 3 or 4 times I've done dumbbell presses and have gone to failing at 3 reps to yesterday I got 6 reps. Overall the workout was really good. My strength seemed steady the whole workout, my energy was pretty good as well.

Pump was right on par, it wasn't absolutely mind blowing but my chest was puffed out in the mirror. I felt like I looked like a top heavy women when I looked in the mirror. I went over to a doorway and put my hands on the door way and did a lunge, the stretch on the pec, I didn't have to lunge that far to really feel the pump that had built up.

So far the pump is good for the type of workouts I'm doing. I might go back to a regular split the last week of the log just to see what happens when you focus on 1 or 2 muscles a workout rather than 3.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome work and great details! Seems to be working well for you! Got a laugh out of the "top heavy woman" content! Lol

Have a wonderful thanksgiving!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest pumps are best! I train chest with biceps.. because of that combo, my whole upper body is freakin pumped!

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
How's it going? How was your turkey day?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday: Thanksgiving

Leg extension superset with laying leg curl superset with t bar row 3 sets
Leg press superset with pull ups 3 sets
Hack Squat superset with close grip lat pulldown 3 sets
DB Curl superset with seated calf raise 3 sets
Ez bar curls 3 sets
Reverse EZ bar curls 3 sets

Wasn't the best workout but I was happy to get into the gym on Thanksgiving, the place was closed but a few old timers have the keys so I was able to get in. For them it seemed like a social hour but I wanted to get some work in. It wasn't the most intense workout ever but like I said I was more so happy just to get into the gym when I didn't think I would be able to.

Forearm pumps were the most noteable thing about the workout. I left with a really nice forearm pump and an empty stomach to eat some Thanksgiving dinner. Later in the day I added in a walk to burn off some of the excess food.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday

BB flat bench superset reverse flies 3 sets
BB incline bench superset with seated lateral raises 3 sets
Underhand bench superset with wide grip high rows 3 sets
Skull crushers 3 sets
Underhand straight bar extensions 3 sets
Overhead rope extensions 3 sets

Decent workout, still felt somewhat worn out from black Friday shopping the day before. I didn't break any pr's or anything but the pump on my upper body was solid. I felt super thick and my shoulders looked nice and rounded in the mirror. Again nothing special to report here, it was an ok workout, I broke a sweat pretty quickly but I didn't leave the gym thinking I crushed it or that it was bad.

I weighed in up 1.8lbs this week. I'm somewhat happy with the gain as I think my chest and arms look bigger than a few weeks ago. But I didn't eat the best this last weekend. Thanksgiving was ok, I didn't go overboard but Friday shopping I just grabbed food on the go and Saturday I hung out with some people that were in from out of town so I didn't really monitor my intake. As I type this my shirt feels more snug in the arms and chest which is cool but I feel like my gut is growing a bit, my just be bloated from breakfast though.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Good stuff so far! I have to agree with you, my Thanksgiving wasn't like it had been in regards to gluttony like past years

It probably had to do with the fact I have to work the next day and my dinner was later than usual (4ish or so) and I wasn't in the mood to eat until the point of being uncomfortable

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday

Flat bench press 3 sets (last set drop set)
Incline Bench press 3 sets (last set drop set)
Shoulder press 3 sets
Side Lateral Raise 3 sets
Skull crusher into close grip press 3 sets
Rope extensions 3 sets

Peck deck superset with standing db press superset with overhead db extensions 3 sets
Dip machine supserset with face pull 2 sets

My energy was good yesterday, I felt ready to go energy and focus wise. However I had some bad tightness in my left trap muscle which is nothing new for me. No excuses, but the weight just wasn't moving. I was trying to push as much as I could but the weight just wasn't moving well. That's why I did the drop sets on the chest workout. Even though the weight being pushed wasn't good I felt like the intensity was good as I was giving it my all. I was dying during the triple superset, really feeling the burn and breathing heavily. Overall I was happy with the workout.

The pump was solid as well. After my pressing movements my chest felt like a balloon, during the overhead triceps extensions I felt like my range of motion was shortened even though it wasn't because my triceps were so filled with blood. It's nice to get such a solid pump on such low volume. It's a good feeling to have my whole upper body pumped too instead of just a muscle here or there.

Yesterday I said I was feeling bloated, today is much better, I don't feel bloated and I feel better

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Definitely working the pump with drop sets and super sets. I appreciate the thoroughness of your log. I'm glad you're feeling better