Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
THE RUNDOWN

Long has it been since I kept a log (and likely will again), but for now, given that Recompadrol (the "gold standard" and king of GDAs IMO) has been discontinued, I've been searching for something that might be able to be used in its stead, and not only because there is little feedback on the product, but also because I am very in-tune with my body and its responses to anything and everything, I will be keeping "track" of my experience with the recently released SlinMax (thank you to Aaron for the opportunity to use).

I am not going to go into great detail about myself - those who have followed my logs in the past know who I am and anyone who wants to know more can browse them (links here) - but will note several significant things:
* Body has changed drastically over the last few years (especially the last 1-2) re stress, injuries, etc. and I have actually been my heaviest, biggest and fattest over the last 18 months, despite my best intentions and motivation (yes, I still take body statistics weekly), with the way it responds to everything changing with the evolution of my life, circumstances, and events.
* Training is nothing like what it used to be and has been the least in years, struggling to keep to a schedule and because of my "need" to have a "goal" again (and because I have been asked about it more and more, "resisting" until now), 6 weeks ago I began learning muay thai, focusing more on "fight" training, with the ultimate intention of stepping in the cage.
* Nutrition is fairly similar, although my body has been responding differently to "my norm" over the last few months (moreso since began fight training), making this an ongoing experimental area, the only "constant" being that it has been requiring more and more carbohydrates (and ones that would have not made me feel too ok in huge quantities in the past).
* Supplementation is little, with only Vitamin C, RecoverPRO, sometimes caffeine, and until it was discontinued, Recompadrol.

This log will not be as comprehensive as those kept before either, but will likely "evolve" throughout the journey dependent on availability and time, etc., with the primary focus being on the effectiveness/effects of SlinMax [for me]. Given that I have not gone into extreme depth, questions are fine, but please keep them relevant to the topic.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
:bigok:GO ROSIE!!!!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know I'm in

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Initial response have been fantastic so far, cannot wait to hear your feedback!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WIll be following this one for sure!
:bigok:GO ROSIE!!!!
IN !@! GOOD LUCK ROSIE !
In for sure!
In as well
You know I'm in
Thanks for the support, guys :)

Initial response have been fantastic so far, cannot wait to hear your feedback!
Second day of using so far. Dosed differently today than yesterday.

Just to give a little example of why I am not going to go too much on body stats/weight etc. re progress/results: Sunday 9 November (day before started SlinMax), I was 118.8 pounds. I only ran 5 miles that day and had a single meal (considered "cheat" by the majority's standards - although I have never cared too much what the majority thinks or what "works" for them, because it is NOT what has worked with my body) in the later afternoon of ~5,000 calories. First thing Monday morning, surprise surprise, I was 113.4 pounds. Monday I did sprints in the morning and an hour resistance session in the afternoon, with a single meal (considered "good" and healthy) an hour post-weights. SlinMax was dosed at 1 cap first thing, 1 cap mid-afternoon, and 1 cap post-weights on Monday. First thing, not too happy with, given I busted ass in training yesterday and was "good" re nutrition (as you will see "good" is a relative term and my body has never worked the way others traditionally do things, although now it has been acting even odder to things and not even responding the way I might expect it to), today I was 119.6 pounds. Today I dosed 1 cap first thing, 1 cap mid-afternoon, 2 caps pre-evening meal and 2 caps post-evening meal, with a meal an hour post mid-afternoon supplements and another ~5,000 calorie meal in the evening; only training today was a brief 2-mile run this morning - seeing if the bigger meals on "lighter" training days are always having such responses the next day (as has kind of been the pattern over the last couple of weeks - frustrating to say the least, especially when I train hard and eat well and get nowhere, train hard and eat bad and get nowhere, barely train and get nowhere, or barely train and eat terribly and still get nowhere; like hitting one's head against a brick wall with WTF WTF WTF!!!) Interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow - yes, I know scale weight is not the most important thing, but taking it daily has helped me see the pattern of change re training, nutrition, supplementation, etc. over the years (although I will say that since doing the muay thai training, my body has not been responding well to ANYthing).

I think this week will be experimenting a little re changes in training again, just to see if the muay thai really is making that significant of a difference to my body and its responses (since, although the last year has been pretty rough on it and it has undergone a lot of changes, it has been the "worst" in making any kind of leaning progress since starting fight training - bit embarrassed to say that after years spent between 8-10% bodyfat, I've been >10% bodyfat for the better part of the last year and not too happy with it. I keep looking back at photoshoots from November 2011 and April 2012 to help re motivation, as I miss being that lean and actually want to be comfortable in my own skin again, although when I was actually at my leanest ever I was barely training at all and eating what needed to be done without any willpower required. That said, I want and need athletic conditioning and performance back, because that to me is as important as being lean and comfortable with and in my body, and when I'm leaner and smaller, I actually feel AND perform a lot better - when focus is on health and fitness, the rest is a nice "side effect". Learning to love myself along the way as well - THAT has been quite the endeavor, but one that has proved to be an essential component of EVERYthing.

Anyways...let's see what tomorrow brings...

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Did you notice anything from your 2 cap pre evening meal, improved digestion, reduced bloating etc?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you notice anything from your 2 cap pre evening meal, improved digestion, reduced bloating etc?
No. And not too comfortable today either - nothing like when woke on Monday after Sunday's meal LOL.

120.6 pounds this morning. So yeah, if anyone wants to know about scale weight, it's definitely IRrelevant for me as you can see by the fluctuations over the past few days.

Following:)
Cheers!

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Btw, have you tried any other other GDA's or nutrient repartitioners since Recompadrol was discontinued?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. Btw, have you tried any other other GDA's or nutrient repartitioners since Recompadrol was discontinued?
Yes and I have used quite a few even before then as well in the times when I was waiting on more. Nothing to date has been as effective.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you aren't the only one with scale fluctuations, lol.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you aren't the only one with scale fluctuations, lol.
I never said or implied that I was; everyone has them and on a daily - and throughout a day - basis.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I never said or implied that I was; everyone has them and on a daily - and throughout a day - basis.

my weight fluctuates by 4lbs in a day on regular basis, sometimes more.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brief Update: I've been feeling nauseous all week and thought it might have been something else, but since SlinMax is the only thing that's changed - thus not using today, to see if the nausea goes away...

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking forward to see if it's the slinmax.

Maybe it's the Na-rala?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Could be the black pepper extract (piperine). I have bad reactions to anything supplements with piperine (aka Bioperine/black pepper extract). It would give me nausea, upset my stomach, and would also effect the metabolism of some of my other supplements due to its effect on certain CYP450 enzymes in the liver. Sadly I can't use any supps that have this ingredient in it.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Will be interesting to see if the effects disappear but as I mentioned in the other thread during testing we got 0 reports of nausea, there were a couple cases of mild GI discomfort during the first couple days, but no nausea. Keep us updated!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking forward to see if it's the slinmax.

Maybe it's the Na-rala?
I am not sure what it is.

Could be the black pepper extract (piperine). I have bad reactions to anything supplements with piperine (aka Bioperine/black pepper extract). It would give me nausea, upset my stomach, and would also effect the metabolism of some of my other supplements due to its effect on certain CYP450 enzymes in the liver. Sadly I can't use any supps that have this ingredient in it.
For a moment I considered that it might be the Black Pepper Extract, but I've used products with Piperine in before and not been affected.

Will be interesting to see if the effects disappear but as I mentioned in the other thread during testing we got 0 reports of nausea, there were a couple cases of mild GI discomfort during the first couple days, but no nausea. Keep us updated!!
As of today, I do not know if it is the SlinMax - got told last night that one of the guys who I train "with" got sick, so hoping that it is simply some effect if the possibility of a quick "sickness". To note though, this past week though I have been quite lightheaded and it strikes more concentratedly after doing my "pills", as well as nausea being predominant most of the day. That aside, I have been craving food that I would not normally and the foods that I would normally feel "good" after, I have been feeling the worst after, with anything starchy carb like pizza, pasta, bread, etc. with higher fat content being what makes me feel the best AND, surprisingly, the days AFTER the highest consumption of such foods are the days when scale weight DROPS (which is another reason scale weight is only used as a "measure" of how my body "responds" to training and nutrition and is not what I go off).

As I responded in the other thread: "If you have ever read any of my logs, my body often does not respond as "expected" or most do re most products used/tried - hence why I used so little or stuck to several companies/products when they DID work with my body... I have remained unchanged at 10.6% bodyfat during the week of use of SlinMax... I am merely noting MY experience - everything affects everyone differently, so how my body responds is no indicator for anyone else that they will experience things thus."

I will make an update sometime today about this last week.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you may be coming down with something, since the nausea got worse at night despite still not taking SlinMax. Please keep us updated and let us know how it goes. In terms of Body Fat change I would not expect a huge difference in BF levels after just 1 week of use, you should notice more of a reduction after a months time but wouldnt expect a huge change during the very first week. Keep us updated on your progress!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like you may be coming down with something, since the nausea got worse at night despite still not taking SlinMax. Please keep us updated and let us know how it goes. In terms of Body Fat change I would not expect a huge difference in BF levels after just 1 week of use, you should notice more of a reduction after a months time but wouldnt expect a huge change during the very first week. Keep us updated on your progress!
I considered it, but was not "coming down with something". Apologies for not updating as intended on Sunday - I ended up in the ER on Monday after an incident, which only "explained" one of many things, and the rest will carry on as "usual"...

Body composition changes vary between individuals, and after the last 10 months, having NO change for me is neither negative or positive, especially given the circumstances of the last week.

On that note, today seems to be the first time since Monday night I have been able to make a response here (the site has allowed me to see some things, but has kept "freezing" on me), so I shall definitely update re Week 1 after work today. Thank you for your patience.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week 1

Supplementation

First dosage every day is "first thing", second after running (sometimes 30-60 min pre-meal), third mid-afternoon (sometimes have a meal 30-60 min after), fourth either post-training afternoon/evening or post-meal (if not trained that afternoon)

Monday - 1 cap @ 1410, 1 cap @ 1840, 1 cap @ 2214
Tuesday - 1 cap @ 0632, 1 cap @ 0831, 1 cap @ 1356, 2 caps @ 2001
Wednesday - 1 cap @ 0736, 1 cap @ 0853, 1 cap @ 1358, 1 cap @ 2111
Thursday - 1 cap @ 0708, 1 cap @ 0856, 1 cap @ 1312, 1 cap @ 1808
Friday - 1 cap @ 0907, 1 cap @ 1241, 1 cap @ 1545, 1 cap @ 1824

Did not use SlinMax on the weekend - was "testing" to see if it had been the "cause" of the nausea that had been experiencing since Monday.

Training

Running done in the morning (before work) and resistance sessions in the afternoon/evening.

Monday - HIIT Run + Shoulders/Hamstrings
Tuesday - 2-mile Run
Wednesday - HIIT Run
Thursday 2-mile Run + Arms/Abs
Friday - HIIT Run + Shoulders/Arms/Abs
Saturday - OFF
Sunday - 5-mile Run

Nutrition

There is no "good" or "bad" nutrition. Only what works "for" or "against" any given individual. And everyone is different. There are "good" and "bad" foods for everyone on an individual basis. I usually only have 1-2 meals a day, or if training in the late afternoon/evening, can have up to 3-4. It's been an "experimental" process over the last few months trying to figure out exactly what MY "good" and "bad" foods are (aside from those "known"), because my body has not been responding as it usually has, and after my visit to the ER this Monday just been (week 2), now I know why and will be adapting accordingly, so that I might begin getting the progress and results desired with/from my body.

Body Statistics

Sunday - 120.2 pounds at 10.6% bodyfat. Gain of two pounds overall and no change in body composition. Scale weight irrelevant. Girths saw little change either, from the week before, except that right leg was once again symmetrical re size to left (guess a week off muay thai training did do SOMEthing).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A couple of interesting observations from days following SlinMax use this week. Will continue and see if there is a pattern and note them in my "Week 2" update.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking forward to what it is

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week 2

Supplementation

After what happened in the early hours of Monday morning, I did not use SlinMax on Monday, nor Tuesday. However, on Wednesday, I used 2 caps with my meal at night and Thursday, experienced similar things to what had occurred on Monday morning. Unsure if related or having any contribution to it, given my ER visit and "findings", I did not use on Thursday, but did wait until Friday night to use again re 2 caps. The same thing occurred on Saturday, albeit not as intense. There are definitely internal physiological issues with me currently that have made me almost non-functional and the SlinMax is appearing to exacerbate them, which has been both extremely painful and uncomfortable.

Training

The only training I have done all week was stubbornly doing my HIIT Run on Monday when I finally got up, before going into the ER on Monday afternoon (which I should have done in the early hours of Monday morning).

Nutrition

The only things that have not been causing discomfort to my stomach have been cheese and bread, which, although not ideal, have been pretty much all been eating this week, when can.

Body Statistics

Sunday - 120.8 pounds at 11.3% bodyfat. Lack of training biggest contributor to changes re body composition, but nutrition likely to be contributing some as well.

Conclusion

Aaron, I would like to thank you for the opportunity to use SlinMax and given what has been going on and the huge changes I have to make re medical conditions, I will be stopping any use of SlinMax (and any other supplements, aside from the prescriptions I have been given). It is unfortunate that what has transpired has occurred at this time and that it has meant my body has responded in such a manner to the product, but I will be doing everything I can to focus on my health and recovery and still think that SlinMax has potential as a GDA.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh wow

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
im really sorry to hear about this, I know you didnt go into any real detail but from the sounds of it, seems like its a fairly serious medical conditiion. I wish you all the best and hope the changes you decide to make help improve whatever condition/symptom your experiencing. No worries on the SlinMax, maintaining your general health is far more important then testing any supplement!

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Wow, sorry to hear about your situation. Hope you take care of everything and get back on track as soon as you are ready and and able.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had that reaction and quite a few more choice words to put with it LOL

im really sorry to hear about this, I know you didnt go into any real detail but from the sounds of it, seems like its a fairly serious medical conditiion. I wish you all the best and hope the changes you decide to make help improve whatever condition/symptom your experiencing. No worries on the SlinMax, maintaining your general health is far more important then testing any supplement!
I didn't go into huge detail because it is highly personal, with several different "conditions", some going as far back as ages 15-18, but with others that have developed and appeared over the last few years, cumulating together to be something that cannot be ignored or with the "suck it up and just do it no matter what" attitude anymore. Just goes to show that everything "catches up" to us eventually, and sooner rather than later I guess is the silver lining, so that it can be addressed, to ensure longevity and quality of life. I've spent years helping others to "fix" their bodies and conditions - it's time to start "fixing" myself.

Wow, sorry to hear about your situation. Hope you take care of everything and get back on track as soon as you are ready and and able.
Thank you for the support and understanding of everyone. It is not easy for me to "take a step back", although over recent years, I have learnt that it is ok to "have weaknesses" and share those, because while I have been dubbed "The Female Terminator", even "machines" "break", and while I know I am not a "machine" I have treated my body with such expectations for too long and are now paying only one of many "prices" I have had to pay over the years. New "versions" have come out of each "break" and every time I learn something more about my body and change with it, trying to work with it instead of against it, so that I can continue doing the things I do and want to.

I will still be around, since my history here goes back quite a bit, but I will likely just be a quiet observer as I have been for some time now.