Hootie Hoo! Ageforce 1st Log at 52!

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Been lurking awhile, but couldn't pass up the chance to get in on this logging opp of the new HGH Maximize patches. Expecting to receive them this week; will begin the 60 day cycle shortly. The profile is already described in detail in others logs, so I won't repeat it. I have experience running many AAs, PHs and a couple SARMs, but haven't tried any patches or these ingredients.

My history to now: former PL'er til age 25, derailed by back injury. Out of iron game for 20 years, got sloppy and when i felt the metabolism fading at 45 got remotivated. Back in for general fitness, rediscovered the obsession. Did a BB show last year, getting down to 10% BF and pretty decent shape; prepped this year but didn't get on stage.

Goals now: continue fighting Father Time. Planning a lean bulk and strength phase for this cycle, though I know better than to push it too hard (still have a spasm attack every once in awhile so have to be cautious). Feeling good now, plan to do a non-sanctioned push pull meet weekend after next, to get a good assessment of starting strength.

Current stats: 5-9 195. Just finished PCT from a mild PH cycle. Was 185 for summer of shred; didn't test it but estimate BF% was down to 12 ish. Nasty dirty bulk in PCT has me over 15, probably pushing 20. Recent gym lifts 385 squat, 315 bench, 405 dead.

Expectations for the cycle: maintain BF%, and gain a few % points in size and strength. MK is noted for water retention / weight gain so I expect to gain 5-10 lbs. Don't intend to exceed 205, but hey mass is king.

Training protocol will be the Hootie version of "powerbuilding;" traditional PL rep cycling with some BB mixed in. Fellow old timers will remember Texan Doug Young - consider him my inspiration.

Per the guidelines I will run the patches solo, i.e. with no other real anabolic agents. Will continue staple supps fish oil, multi, joint support, PWOs, BCAAs, and a few "eens:" protein, creatine, Alphamine or Norcodrene (limited). Will clean up diet but not too strict - shooting for slightly above maintenance - 3,000 cals, 200g prots, 250g carbs, 100g fats.

I'll try to post at least thrice/week for the duration, and include some pics... Looking forward to it, thanks Ageforce for the opportunity!

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Awaiting shipment, in the meantime prepping for push pull meet next Sat, to get a good starting strength assessment. Did a mini test this am, got 315 - 415 with a little to spare. Some shoulder impingement, but worked thru it. Low back felt OK. That's the most I've deadlifted since the 80's... Meet adrenaline used to give me 10% plus; we will see next week.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nice numbers! Your goods should be in your hands soon!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like the enthusiasm...SUBBED!!!

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
No patches yet... Prepping for meet Saturday. Worked up only to last warmups yesterday, worked on form, felt good. Resting today, will do some light assistance tomorrow.

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Baseline meet done. Weighed in 197 (gained 5 lbs last 2 weeks eating dirty). Went 6 for 6, pretty conservative 330 - 440. Won my old guy divisions. Pumped to be back in the game.

Patches received! (A couple days ago - Wife was hiding them). Will start 'em tomorrow night.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Baseline meet done. Weighed in 197 (gained 5 lbs last 2 weeks eating dirty). Went 6 for 6, pretty conservative 330 - 440. Won my old guy divisions. Pumped to be back in the game.

Patches received! (A couple days ago - Wife was hiding them). Will start 'em tomorrow night.
my wife thinks I am nutz for taking so many supps.....but she knows better than to mess with them, lol!!!:chairshot:

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
1st patch applied tonight - it's on! Dirty AF bulk has my starting stats up to 200 BW and 20% BF. Cleaning up diet to maintenance level starting tomorrow. Expecting 5-10 lbs increased BW over the 60-days cycle, and hopefully to maintain or reduce BF.

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Welp - 1st night was a bust... tossed and turned all night. Maybe was so excited thinking about sleeping that I couldn't sleep.

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Slept well last night (2nd night on patch); had vivid dreams; but woke up early about 4:00 and didnt get fully back to sleep.
Good workouts the past 2 nights - back & guns Monday, squats (worked up to 275x5) / legs Tuesday. Back still a little tight / sore from meet Saturday. Rebooting rep schemes on PL movements; plan to do a 5's day and an 8's day for 4 weeks. Bench/chest/shoulders/tris today.
Beginning last night and definitely this am I've felt a more maintained pump / extra muscle fullness in upper body... Maybe due to just the arginine in the patch (?).

Thoms

Thoms

Awards
Off and running
Wicked, I think you've stopped by every log except mine!??

Hootie, great lifts and congats on winning the contest! Your doing an excellent job representing us older fellers :)

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Wicked, I think you've stopped by every log except mine!??

Hootie, great lifts and congats on winning the contest! Your doing an excellent job representing us older fellers :)
"I'm growing older but not up," to quote the great JB.

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Good bench W/O last night - light day 225 x 8 x 4.
3-4 sets, 8-12 reps each assistance exercise:
Incl DB BP (with some "crush" presses mixed in)
Incl Flyes
Dips
DB Presses
Front Plate Raises
Side Laterals
Upright Rows
Lying Tri Ext
Rope pushdowns
Bench dips

Sleeve-buster pump this workout. And deep sleep last night, really crashed hard. Major DOMS yesterday and today in posterior chain... hoping for improved recovery in days to come.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
subbed.

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Back and guns Friday, benched today 235x5x4, chest/delts/tris/calves/abs. Felt strong, great pump, looking bigger:banana:. Joints feel good. Legs have finally recovered - will do some pulling and light squats tomorrow. Sleep has been good but was meh last night, woke up at midnight and couldnt go back.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dope

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed for gains

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Light SQ (225x5x3) & DL (295x5x1 and some down sets) last night. Back was a little twingy so didn't push it. Noticed increased vascularity doing bi's and forearms... above the norm for me at this bodyweight. Weight is down a couple pounds to 198; eating somewhat cleaner. Good zzzz's last night.

1 week in now. Feeling good thus far on this run; experiencing some degree of positive effects. To sum:
-Sleep hit and miss but somewhat deeper
-Increased muscle fullness
-increased vascularity
-some increased hunger
-good sense of well being
-no negative sides

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Love your feed back so far .

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Interesting development today. I normally take 3-4 days to recup, but had no remaining doms from Sunday's pretty intense chest/delts/tris, so hit em again tonight (only ~52 hours between). Bombed delts first (5 sets side laterals, 5 sets presses, 3 sets rear delts) then light bench - declines 205x8x3, inclines 185x8, 155x8x2, 4 sets of pullovers and tri extensions. AAS-level recovery between these workouts... We shall see if this continues.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The patch works great for recovery as you are experiencing now. Keep the gains coming!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Interesting development today. I normally take 3-4 days to recup, but had no remaining doms from Sunday's pretty intense chest/delts/tris, so hit em again tonight (only ~52 hours between). Bombed delts first (5 sets side laterals, 5 sets presses, 3 sets rear delts) then light bench - declines 205x8x3, inclines 185x8, 155x8x2, 4 sets of pullovers and tri extensions. AAS-level recovery between these workouts... We shall see if this continues.
any old injuries you see healing?

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
any old injuries you see healing?
No, I can't really tout any "healing" properties, at least not after 1 week. Back pain is my worst issue but its been good lately (prior to the log). But i can say the old joints are feeling good. I dropped the joint supp i was taking (Joyful Joints), with no adverse effects.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
No, I can't really tout any "healing" properties, at least not after 1 week. Back pain is my worst issue but its been good lately (prior to the log). But i can say the old joints are feeling good. I dropped the joint supp i was taking (Joyful Joints), with no adverse effects.
Im glad things are going good.

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Update: training going well, in gym 5 days this week. Benched again Friday 235x5x4, easy. DL 225x5; back didnt feel great so backed off. Upper body recovering quickly, lower not so much. Did a bunch of leg assistance, lunges, running and walking the last couple days - thighs very sore.
Thru 2nd week I'm seeing all the typical effects: as mentioned before usually deeper sleep and vivid dreams; now getting crazy hangry (diet very dirty this weekend, but bodyweight remaining steady); and the hand swelling/numbing in the am.

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Light bench last night (225x8x2), down sets, close grips and chest/delts/tris assistance; great pump.

Good ole school PL workout today:

SQ 225x5, 275x3, 315x2, 365x1
Partials 405x5, 455x3
High bar 225x8, Front 135x10

DL 225x5, 315x3, 225x8
Partials 405x5, 455x5, 495x3

Power cleans 135x5x2
Shrugs 225x8x3
Farmers walk w/75lb DBs (1 lap around gym)
Misc back & guns

No significant strength boost yet, but feeling more "alpha" in the gym... good focus and desire to violently toss around more weight :hump:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love that alpha male feeling. Especially when the ladies are looking at you .

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Benched yesterday, 240x5x5, smooth. Pigged out of course for Thanksgiving; pushing 200 again. Aint bulking wonderful?

Have a chance now to review healing properties of the patch - Jammed 2 fingers pretty badly in the family basketball game. Swole up good this am.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So lame

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Well to be completely lame i blew my back out this am DLing. Will have to slow down on the strength phase.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow. Chill out lol. Jk. My suggestion don't go heavy and do lot of tut training . That works just as going heavy.

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Back still hosed up but improving. Was able to do light chest/shoulders/tris last night; tried to increase TUT on all movements. Bench 185x10x4. Lots o' high rep seated laterals, dips, rope extensions, etc. Good pump.

3 weeks in now. Summary to date:
Bodyweight 200, up 3 - 4 lbs, always hungry (Diet continues to be junky, but keeping prots up).
No crazy body comp change, but based on comments from others ("Arnold, gun show, r u single," etc) must be showing out some.
Sleep still good, intermittent hand numbness in am continues, joints feel good other than of course my tricky back. No accelerated healing evident.
The patch sticks well for me; no skin irritation. I rotate it between stomach and arms, wear 9-10 hours overnight.

Thoms

Thoms

Awards
I hope the patch supply that you received has some of the same back magic dust that mine had! I don't think I've posted much on my diet since it's recently changed. My hunger has definitely surged as well, which is expected with the patch's ingredients. But I've been craving junky food too, and succumbing to every urge lately. It's been great though because I'm still leaning out. Feel like I'm in college again when I would go eat 4 $.99 Whoppers per sitting and not gain an ounce of fat. The metabolism good ol days are back!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back still hosed up but improving. Was able to do light chest/shoulders/tris last night; tried to increase TUT on all movements. Bench 185x10x4. Lots o' high rep seated laterals, dips, rope extensions, etc. Good pump.

3 weeks in now. Summary to date:
Bodyweight 200, up 3 - 4 lbs, always hungry (Diet continues to be junky, but keeping prots up).
No crazy body comp change, but based on comments from others ("Arnold, gun show, r u single," etc) must be showing out some.
Sleep still good, intermittent hand numbness in am continues, joints feel good other than of course my tricky back. No accelerated healing evident.
The patch sticks well for me; no skin irritation. I rotate it between stomach and arms, wear 9-10 hours overnight.
Carbs play a big role too in gh production . I generally cut out my carbs by 5 or lower my carbs to the point where it's just proteins and fats at night .

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Back was slow to come around this time, but finally let loose in the gym this am. Had good BB style workouts Wednesday and today, taking care to keep back supported. Still getting great pumps. Bodyweight rising steadily, 201 this am, but BF not off the charts despite poor diet and no cardio to speak of.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great progress so far with the patch!

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Benched 250x5x3 tomight. Felt strong - had to check plates warming up with 135, thought i might have loaded 35's by mistake. Nuked chest/delts/tris. Back is much better; hoping to overcome the DD curse, and at least continue strength phase for bench.

30th patch tonight. Impressions at halfway point:
Feeling the cumulative effects; gains are gradual on this product - effects are there and building, not PH-like (but nor are the sides). So I can already see the need to run it longer, say 90 days, which I understand is OK.
Only semi-negative side is getting the water weight and/or bloating now. Legendary gas - fun for me, but the wife doesn't seem to like it... Skews my libido assessment, so jury still out on that.
Good lean bulk so far; 5 lbs up, eatin dirty - 4K+ calories some days, but staying pretty tight.
I think improved sleep is the main benefit so far, which should pay off over time.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After 30 days, your sleep is great and you have had a good lean bulk. Great progress at the halfway point!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice half way point

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Back is pretty well recovered - got a good chiro adjustment. Now shoulder joints giving me a bit of bother the last few days. Always something, but you gotta love it. Planning to do a bench only meet at end of run so hopefully they'll hold up.

Bodyweight still rising, 202, but getting faaat, need to start watching carbs. Don't want to exceed 205.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Chiropractors are gods sometimes. Keep at it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They charge a arm and a leg and I never really feel rested only in the moment ! I think they are trying to make money like any other business .

Hootie

Hootie

Awards
  • Established
Hectic week, just 2 days in gym so far. Sleep haphazard due to schedule and some stresses. Back and shoulders good now. Bdywt steady rising, 203. Continuing bench cycle, 260x5, 260x3x3 last night. Felt strong but tired, low energy.