Kenpo Could Be Legendary

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sponsored Chaos and Pain's Ferox, Legendary and Inferno Log.

Ferox: This is their new version of a PWO. I logged the older version, a while ago, and loved it. That tub lasted months at a half scoop dosage. Excited to see how the new version feels.

Legendary: This is their -epi and Laxogenin product. I've run another company's-epi and curious to compare what the Laxogenin adds.

Inferno: supposed to use this as a fat burner. I'm interested in the stim effects.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1445688240.490319.jpg

My thanks goes out to pyrobatt and Chaos and Pain for allowing me the opportunity to log these!!

Other supplements I'll be taking:
Dropped everything else but Whey protein, Joint Help, BCAA, Glucosamine, vitamin, D3. Disclosure: I'm on TRT.

As of now here are my stats:
Height 5'6". Weight 160 lbs Age 55

Max Lifts Starting (actual)
Bench: 250 lbs
Squat: 185
BB Deadlift: 315
Shoulder Press: 105

Workouts:
All my workouts are on a daily basis in my garage gym. They are generally 1 to 1.5 hours long and utilize combinations of an Ironmaster machine and free-weights:

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1445688458.702010.jpg

Currently I'm back to running a modified GVT One Lift A Day program after having back issues. Squats and Deadlifts are not kind to my back. I use a HR monitor to time when my HR returns to a point that I can begin the next set.

Feel free to post anything you'd like to motivate or make me do my best. If my weights for any lift seem "off" it might be due to incorrect form. Don't flame me (PM me instead) as I'm still learning. Welcome to my log!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Review:

Thanks to Chaos and Pain for allowing me to try their triple stack: Legendary, Ferox and Inferno. Also a hearty thank you to everyone that followed my log.

Summary of Legendary: Rating: 4/5
I'm definitely a -epi responder as this is the second supplement that I've used with noticeable results. Endurance progression was felt as the weeks rolled by. I also felt the strength increase.

As far as the Laxo in this compound, I felt more aggressive and the vascularity was noticeable. My carb cravings were acute on this product and I frequently overshot my carb macro limits. The thing is, I never bloated or gained the dreaded stomach fat that comes with carb overload.

Summary of Ferox: Rating 4/5
1) Mixes and tastes great but a small amount of sediment exists that needs to be swirled in order to drink it. The Blackberry Lemonade flavor is fantastic. I logged the OG Ferox and this new flavoring is fantastic!
2) No HR, BP, GI, jitters or crash. Lasts about 3 to 4 hours.
3) Good focus and mood effects. Even though I came down with a cold, this PWO allowed me to power through and set a few PRs.
4) The only issue I experienced is the dreaded stim dck. In fairness, I'm on TRT and still dialing in my protocol so this may have contributed. After adding Pregnenolone to my TRT the issue was corrected.

Inferno Summary:
Sorry but I never added this into the mix as I have no fat to incinerate.

So, I now have another high stimulant PWO in my rotation plus another -epi product for endurance needs.

Thanks again to everyone. Enjoy!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mixed 1 scoop of Ferox into 12 oz of water and dosed 2 caps of Legendary. The blackberry lemonade tasted on point but noticed there was quite a bit of bitter tasting sediment at the bottom. Within 15 mins the sinuses cleared and I'm ready to lift!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here we go!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First lifting session done using Ferox and Legendary. As a PWO lover I'm pretty stim tolerant. With this said I "felt" the effects of Ferox. Clear headed with no jitters. No increased heart rate as I train with a HRM. Will check BP and report later. So far so good.

Daily Quote: Your past does not dictate your future.

Incline Chest

Total Lifted: 14600 lbs

DB Incline Alternating Arms
Set 1: 55x10
Set 2: 55x10
Set 3: 55x10
Set 4: 55x10

DB Incline Press
Set 1: 60x10
Set 2: 60x10
Set 3: 60x10
Set 4: 60x10

Two handed Landmine Press
Set 1: 100x10 +5lbs
Set 2: 100x10
Set 3: 100x10
Set 4: 100x10
Set 5: 100x10
Set 6: 100x10
Set 7: 100x10. So taxing here on! HR 152
Set 8: 100x10
Set 9: 100x10
Set 10: 100x10 Yeahouch! Lol
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1445696574.825933.jpg

Good life and good lifting to you all!

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nice home gym! C & P is a damn good company. I liked their ferox as well. I didn't know they had a new formula out. How is the taste?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice home gym! C & P is a damn good company. I liked their ferox as well. I didn't know they had a new formula out. How is the taste?
These are the beta testers haha

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Wicked! This new Ferox taste is so much better than the last version. With the Original version it had a "chemical" taste. Effectiveness is more important than taste but this version meets both qualities.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Sponsored Chaos and Pain's Ferox, Legendary and Inferno Log.

Ferox: This is their new version of a PWO. I logged the older version, a while ago, and loved it. That tub lasted months at a half scoop dosage. Excited to see how the new version feels.

Legendary: This is their -epi and Laxogenin product. I've run another company's-epi and curious to compare what the Laxogenin adds.

Inferno: supposed to use this as a fat burner. I'm interested in the stim effects.

View attachment 125508

My thanks goes out to pyrobatt and Chaos and Pain for allowing me the opportunity to log these!!

Other supplements I'll be taking:
Dropped everything else but Whey protein, Joint Help, BCAA, Glucosamine, vitamin, D3. Disclosure: I'm on TRT.

As of now here are my stats:
Height 5'6". Weight 160 lbs Age 55

Max Lifts Starting (actual)
Bench: 250 lbs
Squat: 185
BB Deadlift: 315
Shoulder Press: 105

Workouts:
All my workouts are on a daily basis in my garage gym. They are generally 1 to 1.5 hours long and utilize combinations of an Ironmaster machine and free-weights:

View attachment 125509

Currently I'm back to running a modified GVT One Lift A Day program after having back issues. Squats and Deadlifts are not kind to my back. I use a HR monitor to time when my HR returns to a point that I can begin the next set.

Feel free to post anything you'd like to motivate or make me do my best. If my weights for any lift seem "off" it might be due to incorrect form. Don't flame me (PM me instead) as I'm still learning. Welcome to my log!
hey man once again in awe of your setup it is awesome.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Sooooooo in here.

Also jealous of that gym still.
Slowly building mine

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In for the ride Mark!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome brother!
Off to a hot start, KP!
I'm going to need some of your PRs!
hey man once again in awe of your setup it is awesome.
Thanks Chef, blessed to have the Iron Cave! Glad to see you here!
Awesome! In!
Thanks for joining in!
Sooooooo in here.

Also jealous of that gym still.
Slowly building mine
Keep building that gym! It took me over 10 years but it's here! Thanks for joining!
Welcome brother!
:popcorn: got me a cozy spot
Glad to see you here Simon!
In for the ride Mark!
It's going to be fun!
Now we have all the Iron Slayers here! Thanks.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2: 1 scoop Ferox and 2 caps Legendary. I mixed the Ferox in 16 oz of water and the taste was still outstanding. Have to keep swirling as you drink it as the bitter tasting sediment was there.

Hang time yesterday was about 3 hours. Within 15 mins your sinuses clear, focus increases and energy climbs. It's smooth with no jitters.

Just like the old version this new Ferox has analgesic or pain numbing properties IMO.

DQ Time! Don't waste it!

OLAD Shoulders

Total weight lifted: 22945 lbs

EZ BB Rows w/ head resting on incline bench
Set 1: 180x10
Set 2: 180x10 +2
Set 3: 180x9 +2
Set 4: 180x9 +2
Set 5: 180x10 +3
Set 6: 180x10 +2
Set 7: 180x9 +1
Set 8: 180x10 +2
Set 9: 180x10 +3
Set 10: 180x10 +2
Whoa, the increase in reps here is surprising!

Seated Bent Over DB Reverse Flyes
Set 1: 35x9
Set 2: 35x8
Set 3: 35x8
Set 4: 35x8
Set 5: 35x8

DB Shrugs
Set 1: 90x12
Set 2: 90x12
Set 3: 90x12
Set 4: 90x9

Good life and good lifting to you all!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish you were my neighbor. Today wouldn't have to be a rest day. :(

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Look at those extra reps! Always impressive Mark! I know this isn't the normal thread but did you happen to bump your TRT dose back up a week or two ago like someone suggested? Curious if it may have been a combo of things.

Do you feel it is a lactic acid buffering effect keeping the burn away when you say analgesic or as in makes your joints feel better? If the first I can also see how that would really play into getting extra reps.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
In to learn some things.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lol no kidding.
If I was lounging at home and heard kenpo dropping heavy iron next door I would have to "keep up with him"

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol. You need a rest day with the volume and weight you're lifting!
Look at those extra reps! Always impressive Mark! I know this isn't the normal thread but did you happen to bump your TRT dose back up a week or two ago like someone suggested? Curious if it may have been a combo of things.

Do you feel it is a lactic acid buffering effect keeping the burn away when you say analgesic or as in makes your joints feel better? If the first I can also see how that would really play into getting extra reps.
Good questions. I bumped my TRT dose up slightly this past Monday. (45 mg E3.5)

Hard to describe but you can feel the weight as you lift it but without the lactic acid burning or pain. It's a "masking" effect.

In to learn some things.
Glad to have you in my log.
Lol no kidding.
If I was lounging at home and heard kenpo dropping heavy iron next door I would have to "keep up with him"
Too bad you're not moving to Ohio!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
45 from 40 should be a great move - we know you need more but 50 could be unnecessary.

BB Rows looking better than ever man

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Halloween scary: Heart Rate Monitor suddenly goes to ZERO in middle of heavy leg press! I sure hope it's the battery!!!! Lol

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3: Caffeine headache this morning. 1 scoop Ferox and I felt great. I slept through my alarm so there are no sleep issues with Legendary or Ferox, although I wouldn't take Ferox within 4 hours of bedtime.

DQ The only competition you have is your former self.

The Rock Leg Workout (part of it).

Total Lifted: 20200 lbs

Machine Leg Press
Set 1: 265x10
Set 2: 285x10 Why not add 20 lbs!! Lol
Set 3: 285x10
Set 4: 285x10
Set 5: 285x10

Leg Extensions
Set 1: 205x8 -1
Set 2: 205x8 +1
Set 3: 205x7 -1
Set 4: 205x7 -1

Leg Curls
Set 1: 100x0 No time.
Set 2: 100x0
Set 3: 100x0
Set 4: 100x0

Standing One Leg Calf Raises
Set 1: BWx15
Set 2: BWx15
Set 3: BWx15
Set 4: BWx15

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amazing work, especially for a zombie.

turff49

turff49

Awards
And I see I'm late as usual...! Nice going so far. Glad to hear you up the T dose.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did someone say zombie... how about last nights Walking Dead!

Great lifting Mark!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Did someone say zombie... how about last nights Walking Dead!

Great lifting Mark!
It was his time to go... At least Carol is still there!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol. You need a rest day with the volume and weight you're lifting!

Good questions. I bumped my TRT dose up slightly this past Monday. (45 mg E3.5)

Hard to describe but you can feel the weight as you lift it but without the lactic acid burning or pain. It's a "masking" effect.

Glad to have you in my log.

Too bad you're not moving to Ohio!
Cool may have a tiny bit to do that but the product obviously has a good lactic acid buffering agent. Carnosyn, High dose beta alanine, or some other ingredient that buffers the lactic acid. That is why you are not feeling as much burning effect during your higher reps, and able to perform more. When lactic acid gets to high it causes the muscle fiber to not be able to contract as well. I know that I know the reason but it eludes me right now. Rather than expound on it and be wrong I will just leave it at that. So in this case I would say PLUS 1 to the Cannibal Ferox on that aspect!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was his time to go... At least Carol is still there!
Agree (and I needed a jolt like that), although on Talking Dead they pushed a little that he might not actually be gone...

turff49

turff49

Awards
Agree (and I needed a jolt like that), although on Talking Dead they pushed a little that he might not actually be gone...
Yeah, the way they fell the guy landed on top of him.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL! I didn't see the WD episode! Thanks for not saying who was eaten!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool may have a tiny bit to do that but the product obviously has a good lactic acid buffering agent. Carnosyn, High dose beta alanine, or some other ingredient that buffers the lactic acid. That is why you are not feeling as much burning effect during your higher reps, and able to perform more. When lactic acid gets to high it causes the muscle fiber to not be able to contract as well. I know that I know the reason but it eludes me right now. Rather than expound on it and be wrong I will just leave it at that. So in this case I would say PLUS 1 to the Cannibal Ferox on that aspect!
Thanks for the analysis as to which ingredients buffer lactic acid. I can feel the muscle contraction but none of the usual burning at the higher rep.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4 with my friends Legendary and Ferox. Measured BP yesterday and it was actually lower than usual so no issues with BP nor HR. Thanks to Kleen I understand the lactic acid buffering Ferox has been showing me. At high reps there is no "burn".

DQ One step forward is better than 10 backwards.

The Rock Shoulder Workout (part of it).

Total Lifted: 4530 lbs

Standing Arnold Press
Set 1: 50x9 +1
Set 2: 50x9 +1
Set 3: 50x8 +1
Set 4: 50x7 +1. Whoa!

DB Alternating Front Raises
Set 1: 45x8
Set 2: 45x8
Set 3: 45x8
Set 4: 45x8 No body English. Slow and controlled.

DB Lateral Raises
Set 1: 40x9
Set 2: 40x9
Set 3: 40x9
Set 4: 40x9 Form not the best here, yet!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL! I didn't see the WD episode! Thanks for not saying who was eaten!
Like to hear your thoughts when you do. We were both pretty careful not to put any names. That said, sorry if we spoiled anything for you..

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like to hear your thoughts when you do. We were both pretty careful not to put any names. That said, sorry if we spoiled anything for you..
No problems. Thanks for no names.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Dang!!! Look at those front raises, slow and controlled. That is a huge weight with those. Making me feel weak now...lol.
I would never give up a name on TWD or GOT. Can't wait for Into the Badlands to start either!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Zeeeeeeeze... 40 lbs!!!! My arms would break! ?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Zeeeeeeeze... 40 lbs!!!! My arms would break! ?
Welcome to the log. Thank you for making my day. My form is not the greatest but dropping back to 35 is too light.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Great job on those raises. Controlled at that weight is awesome.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5: 1 Scoop Ferox and 2 caps Legendary.

DQ Life with adversity is not living at all.

Hurricane remnants hitting us now. 40 MPH winds are doing a good job stripping the fall leaves off the trees.

The Rock Chest 1

Total Lifted: 7750 lbs

DB Incline Flyes
Set 1: 40x10
Set 2: 40x10
Set 3: 40x10
Set 4: 40x10

DB Incline Press Pyramid
Set 1: 50x12
Set 2: 60x12
Set 3: 70x12
Set 4: 80x8

DB Flyes Pyramid
Set 1: 35x10
Set 2: 45x10
Set 3: 50x10
Set 4: 55x10 +5lbs

DB Press
Set 1: 75x10
Set 2: 75x10
Set 3: 75x0. Planned but no gas to complete.
Set 4: 75x0

Weighted Chest Dips
Set 1: 160x0
Set 2: 235x0
Set 3: 235x0
Set 4: 235x0

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I can easily see how you ran out of gas. You killed your chest in the Pyramid's. Great work!