Hyde's Optimum Alpha Epi(c) Log

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
  1. Hyde's Optimum Alpha Epi(c) Log

Welcome everyone - for the next month or so I'll be logging Optimum Alpha's Epicatechin, so big thanks to them for letting me see how there product stacks up! Other -epi products I've used include 2 bottles of OL's original Ep1c as well as 2 bottles of their newer oral Ep1c Unleashed. The newer version is, as expected, a bit better than the original. I enjoyed both times I've ran -epi, and feel it really does increase work capacity and pumps over time. It also seems to improve body composition slightly, or at least both times I've used it I found I looked a bit leaner & fuller at the end of usage vs starting. Nothing steroid-like, but to achieve anything noticeable with a product that's legal, simple to use and actually good for your health is more than most supplements on the market can claim.

On the previous products I noticed that, assuming you're training at least 4x/wk, 2 caps preWO was an optimal dosing scheme to notice the acute training effects, so that will be my protocol.

The last 3 weeks have been spent at a caloric surplus training 3x/wk full body, every day squatting or pulling and pressing or benching and a rotating volume scheme of upper back work (100 total chins, 5x10-20 lat pulldowns, & 5x5 weighted chins, respectively) plus some combo of dips, shrugs, facepulls, & curls. Feeling pretty beat up and spent this past weekend traveling for a wedding then a funeral so with all the stress and aches I'll be moving towards caloric maintenance this week and a bit of a deload, volume-wise, and only 2 lower days/wk with 2-3 upper sessions likely. This is my preferred frequency in general.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Last night after getting back popped 2 caps of -Epicatechin and went in for a short session to get my mind off my buddy's funeral.

Neutral Grip Chins
    BWx8x8

alternated w/

GHRs
    BWx4x10

That was it, took about 45 min. Weighing 233 in the am as of this morning.

Today settled on the intro 5's week of Wendler's 5/3/1 for sake of both lesser volume and lesser intensity this week, and if I choose I can continue to progress on 5/3/1 next week for now or use this week as a bridge into another programming scheme. Not planning on full power competition til spring so the important thing to do right now is focus on slowly improving body comp, avoiding injury, and increasing my general strength base.

Tonight

Warmup of Pullaparts, Empty Logpress, BW BSS for 2-3 circuits

Bench
    45, 95, 135, 185, 205x5 each
    then RPE 9 for all following:

230x9 (5+)

+add wrist wraps
    250x4 2-board
    275x3 3-board
    300x4 4-board (lil PR)
    275x3 2-board

BW Dips

And 150+ total reps of light band pull aparts & light facepulls throughout

Today felt way better than last night; my mind was right and really enjoyed this. Took about 90 min. Nothing to report but pump was certainly on point.
    [email protected]
    •   

3. Following
    OLYMPUS LABS/OLYMPUS UK REP
    Use JEBROOK30 for 30% off at http://olympusuk.com/
    E-mail product questions to [email protected]

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jebrook View Post
    Following
    Welcome man!

For anyone wanting to see the label:

Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443065236.401852.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  330.7 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443065253.951756.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  310.1 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443065271.434811.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  307.0 KB
    [email protected]
  5. Hyde's Optimum Alpha Epi(c) Log

Relaxed, post-WO to display current conditioning. I'm 5'10". Prob 236-7 and my usual post-WO bloat as I consume about 80oz fluids peri workout. 25%bf if I had to take a stab at it?

Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443065687.985767.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  308.4 KB
    [email protected]
    •   

6. Great write up Hyde
  7. Hyde's Optimum Alpha Epi(c) Log

Tonight's fun

Warmup
    Goblet Squat 25x12
    Glute Activation Drill
    BW BSS x12/side
    Microband Facepulls 25x2 rounds
    Hammercurls 20sx2 rounds
    Goblet Squat 35x10

Squat (w/ bent Texas Squat Bar, aka homemade buffalo)
    55x5
    145x5
    235x5
    295x5
    340x5
    +belt & sleeves
    385x8 (5+, tied personal best)

Beltless Fronts
    205x5
    225x5
    245x5
    265x5
    285x4 (PR)

GHRs
    BWx10, 10, 8

Massive ham pump by the end tonight, more so than usual. If I'd been using White Rapids preWO I'd have expected it but I used Hypomanic, which isn't as pump-inducing by any means. With this lower volume, gotta assume the -Epicatechin was responsible. Excellent day.
    [email protected]

8. Subd buddy!
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

9. Here
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

10. me following along.
    The more I progress, the more I want to progress

11. What's up fellas? Questions and criticism always welcomed
    [email protected]

12. Subbed
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

13. No more JW monolith building? In regardless.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

14. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    No more JW monolith building? In regardless.
    It was torturous. 2-3 hour slogfests of work. Perhaps if my GPP were better it wouldn't be so; Dmax prob would have breezed through it. But it's fairly heavy work for a lot of volume on big movements - Monday nights were 5x5 on squat, build up to a fairly heavy 5-rep set on OHP then an AMRAP, 100+ facepulls throughout that, 100 BW Chins (and 8 is a good set for me when fresh), and 100 BW Dips. I ate a pizza every week after monday night. I did put 4-5lbs on over 3wks, and I swear my upper back got bigger, and squat form def improved from frequency increase, but knees and back were really starting to revolt.

It works. But you have to program it stupid low to survive. I used 405/250/500/170 for squat/bench/dead/ohp in lieu of actual numbers of 500/300/578/195. And I slept 65-70 hours/wk and ate for it.
    [email protected]

15. Sub a dub dub
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com
  16. Hyde's Optimum Alpha Epi(c) Log

Boom. I'm in. Hope that's cool

17. Think I'll follow along in here!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379

18. Following

19. First one here that lifts- PWOs and babies! Lol
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

20. FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

21. Glad to have all of you!
    Really wanna train today but everything is sore after last 3 days and I know recovery should be #1....we'll see.
    [email protected]

22. Come on Hyde! Get in there and destroy those calves, abs or forearms!!! Haha, rest is for the weak and weary!

23. Quote Originally Posted by AlphaCommandr View Post
    Come on Hyde! Get in there and destroy those calves, abs or forearms!!! Haha, rest is for the weak and weary!
    Lol I really thought about shameless bicep work. I tried to do hanging leg raises after the beltless frontsquats last night and couldn't budge
    [email protected]

24. Alright ponied up and went in to get it done. So glad I did. Everything warmed up great and felt really good.

Standing OHP
    45, 95, 120, 135x5 each
    155x9 (5+)

Incline Bench
    205x5x5 (volume PR at this weight actually)

alt w/

Weighted Chins
    BW+25 (260 total)x5x5

Hammercurls
    20sx20
    30sx30

Alt Db Curls
    35sx15
    40sx12
    50sx12 (Cheat-Curl Chad in da house!)

Flat Db Press
    50sx20
    70sx20
    80sx14

Db Floor Press (someone needed my bench)
    90sx9

Felt really good, couple of our gals are getting ready for a strongman comp this weekend so got to yell at them while they practiced their loading race and I was just doing curls
    [email protected]

25. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Felt really good, couple of our gals are getting ready for a strongman comp this weekend so got to yell at them while they practiced their loading race and I was just doing curls
    Lol thats awesome
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Optimum Alpha (-)- Epicatechin Log
    By Matthandyo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-03-2015, 10:40 AM
  2. Datsthat 1st log: Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin
    By datsthat in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-03-2015, 10:39 AM
  3. Booneman's Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin log
    By booneman77 in forum Supplement Logs