Datsthat 1st log: Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
This is my first log ever. Thank you AlphaCommandr for selecting me to log Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin. I’ve only tried 1 other –epi product Ep1c Unleashed (EU). I had good results from it even though I only took 1 cap a day. The reason is because taking on empty stomach makes me vomit. So I ate 1 boiled egg with it and never attempted 2 caps because vomiting sucks big time. I mostly noticed endurance increase and I also got stronger, but that could be due to other variables. I was going to take ABE along with this, but decided against it because I feel that it would be a dis-service to anyone that is solely interested in Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin. I did take ABE for 6 days prior to starting Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin, but stopped and will restart immediately after I am done with this log.

1 Cap = 250mg (-)-Epicatechin / cGMP certified / No proprietary blends. 60 Caps per bottle. Directions calls for 1 or 2 cap daily 45 mins prior to workout

Please ask questions and don’t be afraid to give advice.​

Bottle was inside package and safety seal was intact, but maybe use different packaging next time because I would have purchased 1 bottle with my own money rather than tell you that package was ripped and nothing was inside)

I can not believe I uploaded a pic of myself (I hope this thread doesn't get much views). You don't even know how many times I uploaded and deleted...probably worst mistake ever, but oh well...in the name of science. This pic was taken 9-21 @ 155lbs. I can tell a difference between this pic and last week when I was 151lbs. I look chubbier and puffier than before (not that I was ripped), but that is expected as I am bulking. I'll upload a pic at in about 4 weeks.

Definition:
Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin: OA-epi
Olympus Labs Ep1c Unleashed: EU
Staples: Althletix Ergonine (E9) + Costco Fish Oil + Costco Multi-Vitamin + Optimum Nutrition Performance Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate from Costco (ON Protein)

Background: I used to be in excellent shape, but due to personal issues/problems I took about 15 year break. I have been working out since Mar 16, 2015. I have made good progress in the last 6 months. I don’t have follow along any workout routine (probably mistake). I basically keep an excel log of my workouts which dictates what I do next.

The following supplements are what I’ve taken within last 6 months in no particular order:
Analyzed Supplements AmentoMax, Kaged Muscles BCAA, Ep1c Unleashed, various preworkouts, USP Labs Ultimate T, PES Alphamine, SD Pharmaceuticals Dendrobium 600, EC stack along with staples

I started 6 months ago at 162lbs / 30ish% BF / Bench 95 / squat 135 / deadlift 95
Today I am at 150lbs / 14ish% BF / Bench at least 205 / squat at least 275 / deadlift at least 325
(I've never tried to 1 rep max because I workout by myself)

Goals: Lean Bulk and increase strength. Add as much clean weight as possible for my Ostar!ne Cycle in Jan 2016. I am always down to get stronger. I feel happy when I lift heavy shiet, especially when achieving new PRs. I would like to get to 160lbs by Dec 31.

• Ethnic: Asian (Vietnamese)
• Height: 5’7”
• Weight: 150 lbs (as of 9/18)

Day 1 Sept 18:
1. OA –epi (2 cap with breakfast 45 mins before workout at 8:30)
2. Staples: Throughout day

Workout: Chest

Comments:
Today is day 1 of OA-epi. I plan on taking 2 caps before workout with breakfast for now, but will eventually try without food to see if I vomit. I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary except being excited to try a new product out. I will update later tonight or this weekend with my stats and macros. Also I wrote this very quickly and didn't get much of a chance to proof read yet, so please excuse my bad grammer/english...after all, english is my 2nd language.

Edit: I will be adding Antaeus Labs Achilles which should arrive shortly. The reason is because I have bad golfers (left) elbow, but I don't even golf. I've had many surgeries on my left wrist, top of hand and thumb which now causes limited wrist ROM. I can't even do a regular push up, I have to make a fist because I can't bend my left wrist back far enough. My left side is also weaker than my right side, especially my arms. I will see a doctor soon if golfer elbow doesn't get better. It bothers me so much that even picking up my 4 yr old son hurts. Almost every pull type upper body exercise hurts. I do wear lifting straps on my left side to help reduce pain which helps.

AlphaCommandr

AlphaCommandr

Awards
Datsthat I'm fine with you running ABE also if you would like. I don't want anyone holding themselves back from anything just to test a product. The two products are very different and you will notice different results from both and there will be definite synergy. So that's up to you buddy. I'm sorry that envelope got ripped, I personally went and sent all of those at the post office instead of having my distributors do it so everyone would get them more quickly since it was right after a holiday weekend. I am going to be selling a no staring product soon also pand maybe you'll get lucky and be a beta tester for that also. Also you can try and open the caps and take them with water if maybe the capsules make you nauseous on an empty stomach, also drinking a lot of water with it may help.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Datsthat I'm fine with you running ABE also if you would like. I don't want anyone holding themselves back from anything just to test a product. The two products are very different and you will notice different results from both and there will be definite synergy. So that's up to you buddy. I'm sorry that envelope got ripped, I personally went and sent all of those at the post office instead of having my distributors do it so everyone would get them more quickly since it was right after a holiday weekend. I am going to be selling a no staring product soon also pand maybe you'll get lucky and be a beta tester for that also. Also you can try and open the caps and take them with water if maybe the capsules make you nauseous on an empty stomach, also drinking a lot of water with it may help.
Thank you for your support. I'll just use ABE afterwards because I've never used ABE before and want to try solo first. However, I may purchase 1 bottle to go along with week 5,6,7 & 8 of ABE if I get good results from your OA –epi.

I tried 2 caps on empty stomach Sunday morning and no negative side effects such as vomit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 Sept 19:
1. OA –epi (2 cap with breakfast 45 mins before run)
Workout: Cardio

Day 3 Sept 20:
1. OA –epi (2 cap empty stomach 45 mins before run/hike)

Comments:
I am starting to feel slight endurance increase. I am sure this is just placebo, but I don't care. I changed my workouts from randomness to
Mon & Fri - Push
Tues - Legs & Accessories
Weds & Sun - Pull
Sat - Deadlift & Accessories

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 Sept 21:
1. OA –epi (2 cap empty stomach 30 mins before workout)
Workout: Push and evening 2mile run which was too easy (maybe it's not a placebo)

Weight: 154lbs. Bulk is finally working. I spent previous 2 weeks raising and lowering my calorie intake to determine how much I need to consume in order to bulk. Going forward, I will try to consume 2,900 Calorie per day (30% / 205g carb , 35% / 239g protein / 35% / 106g fat)

Comments:
I am excited to try my new workout routine (see my previous post). I am also very happy that I can take OA –epi on empty stomach because I prefer to workout 1st thing in morning while fasted. I felt stronger today than last friday's chest workout. I think I got my diet dialed for my lean bulk.

I invite criticism, so don't be shy. You will not hurt my feelings

AlphaCommandr

AlphaCommandr

Awards
Thank you for your support. I'll just use ABE afterwards because I've never used ABE before and want to try solo first. However, I may purchase 1 bottle to go along with week 5,6,7 & 8 of ABE if I get good results from your OA –epi.

I tried 2 caps on empty stomach Sunday morning and no negative side effects such as vomit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I can't speak for any other companies but I have a minimum amount of filler in my (-)-epi, no proprietary blend bs or other ingredients, so maybe something else in there was upsetting your stomach

AlphaCommandr

AlphaCommandr

Awards
Day 2 Sept 19:
1. OA –epi (2 cap with breakfast 45 mins before run)

Day 3 Sept 20:
1. OA –epi (2 cap empty stomach 45 mins before run/hike)

Comments:
I am starting to feel slight endurance increase. I am sure this is just placebo, but I don't care. I changed my workouts from randomness to
Mon & Fri - Push
Tues - Legs
Weds & Sun - Pull
Sat - Deadlift
I doubt its placebo, most people notice an endurance increase the first time they take the product

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Well I can't speak for any other companies but I have a minimum amount of filler in my (-)-epi, no proprietary blend bs or other ingredients, so maybe something else in there was upsetting your stomach
Down the road I will purchase another bottle of EU just to see if I still vomit. I wonder if there was something wrong with my bottle. I still have it and the lot #.

I doubt its placebo, most people notice an endurance increase the first time they take the product
I am beginning to agree with you... I talk to myself when I run and while lifting (but I don't answer my own questions in 2rd person voice lol), all of my conversations ends up me noticing increase endurance/stamina.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 Sept 22

Day 5 Sept 22:
1. OA –epi (2 caps (about 30 mins after breakfast) about 30 mins before lifting)
Workout: Legs and accessories and will run 2 miles tonight

Weight: 153.8lbs.

Comments: My legs were pumped. I discovered a new vein on my calves:yes(1):. I felt stronger than last week's leg session.

Breakfast: 2 eggs over medium + 2 thickass turkey bacon + 1 serving of Kodiak Cakes

the look I get when my son realizes that there is only couple bits left of Kodiak Cakes

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
AL Achilles has arrived. Just took 2 cap with dinner. I will be so happy if this stuff helps my golfers elbow.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1442968220.053959.jpg

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 Sept 23

Day 6 Sept 23:
1. OA –epi (2 caps ( empty stomach about 30 mins before lifting)
Workout: Pull

Weight: 153.1lbs.

Comments: Very easy to get good pump. My calves were pumped when do lat pull downs lol. I felt like I could have continued lifting longer.

last night's 2 mile run is getting easier and easier so I turned it into a mini HIT session. Jog 1 min, sprint for 10 secs, jog 1 min, sprint 10 secs....etc...until I was down with 2 miles nonstop

AlphaCommandr

AlphaCommandr

Awards
Nice! I experience the same, I often have to make myself leave the gym

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 Sept 23 - Pull accessory work

I went back to gym to do some more Pull accessory work. I had ok workout earlier, but I felt like I left some on the table. So go down 11 floors and I am at gym at my work. Its my primary workout facility. I go to Planet Fitness on weekends because its about a mile away from me home.

Man I had such a great pump. What I noticed most was the rest period between sets. I felt like I didn't need to rest no more than 10 seconds. It was hard, but I manage to force myself to rest for at least 30 secs. My felt like I could have done my entire workout as a huge dropset. I am amazed at the limited recovery needed. No placebo here! I don't think I'll run tonight because my legs are pretty damn sore from yesterday's leg session and evening run....I'll probably just go on an evening walk.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I ended doing cardio last night....went on a hike in the woods without a flashlight.....the darker the better. Entire hike was little over 3 miles, 1 mile of it was very steep.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 Sept 24

Day 7 Sept 24:
1. OA –epi (2 caps ( empty stomach about 30 mins before lifting)
3. Antaeus Labs Achilles (Achilles) : 2 caps w/ breakfast + 2 caps w/ dinner
Workout: Push

Weight: 153.8lbs.

Comments: Muscles feels full throughout the day. Upper body had good pump throughout my workout. I feel that rest time between sets is nearly non-existent, so I super set with pushups. I feel stronger than last time I did push which was only couple days ago. My cleanish bulk is slowly working. I am up couple lbs from when I started eating more. I would like to weigh 165ish by the end of this year....in other words, I have 14 weeks to put on 12ish more pounds

I don't feel relief from Achilles yet, but its only been couple days

Arms feeling good

progress pic after 7 days on OA –epi and at 2,650ish calories (about 600 more calories).

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 Sept 25

Day 8 Sept 25:
1. OA –epi - have not taken yet

Workout: Legs / Rest day

Comments: I work from home today so getting to gym is more difficult. Today is supposed to be leg day, but I feel pretty exhausted and kinda sore, but in a good way. I have been pushing myself since starting OA –epi and I believe its already paying off. I'll update if I make it to gym today. Otherwise, most likely I will not update again until monday which I will recap friday & weekend. I plan on taking 1 cap OA –epi if I don't workout today.

Edit: I decided to go do a quick leg session at local gym. Decent workout. Legs were pumped. I discovered some more veins on my calves and surprisingly some on my thighs. The veins on my thighs don't protrude (yet), but are visible.

Last edited:
datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 & 10 Sept 26 & 27

Day 9 & 10 Sept 26 & 27
1. OA –epi - took 2 caps on empty stomach roughly 30 mins before lifting on both days
2. Staples: Throughout day on both days
3. Antaeus Labs Achilles (Achilles) : 2 caps w/ breakfast + 2 caps w/ dinner on both days

Workout: Sept 26 Deadlift / Sept 27 Push

Comments: I had great workouts both days. I didn't try to lift anything super heavy on Deadlift day. I was focusing more on lower weight w/ reps around 10.

However, on push day, I had a new PR. Flat BB Bench on Smith machine because my weekend gym (planet fitness) doesn't have bench racks, but only bunch of smith machines.
My set was as a follows:
95x20
135x15
185x6
205x5
210x5 PR
210x5
185x7

My chest was pumped and felt like I had much more in my tank, but didn't want to use up all my strength right away because I still had Incline Bench & Pec Deck.

I didn't do any cardio last weekend. Ate clean, but I had way too many high calorie (Bridgeport Kingpin) beers (4 on Friday, 5 on Sat & 6 on Sunday)....thats over 3,750 calories. Ouch.....

I think Achilles is beginning to work (along with my home made physical therapy) because my elbow pain doesn't hurt as bad when I rotate my wrist all the way in either direction.

I am getting ready to go lift and I'll post today's (9/28) workout shortly.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 11 Sept 28

Day 11 Sept 28

1. OA –epi - took 2 caps on empty stomach roughly 30 mins before lifting

Workout: Pull

Comments: I think Achilles is beginning to work because I can feel my golfer elbow pain is reduced which is wonderful as it allows me to have better Pull days. My back feels stronger than last week. I will try deadlift PR at the end of my OA –epi run.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 12 Sept 29

Day 12 Sept 29

Workout: Leg & will run 2 miles tongight

Comments: Got new PR today on Hack squat. One of the many reasons why I enjoy (-) epicatechin is that I feel stronger and stronger as I workout. The 2nd half is usually always more intense and I usually surprise meyself how strong I still am considering what I've already lifted.
90x20
180x15
270x12
360x10
410x8
450x5 PR
Drop set 410x5, 360x5, 270x5,180x5,90x5 (single leg)

edit: Leg press, not hack squat

Last edited:
AlphaCommandr

AlphaCommandr

Awards
Yeah i surprise myself a lot on this (-)-epi, an example would be that I did a two hour leg workout the other day and did squats at the very end to burn out and was able to do 315 for two sets of 20 and 405 for 12. The guy I was lifting with kept close for a while then i started to pull away after a little over an hour and by the time we did squats he could only get 315 for 6

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i surprise myself a lot on this (-)-epi, an example would be that I did a two hour leg workout the other day and did squats at the very end to burn out and was able to do 315 for two sets of 20 and 405 for 12. The guy I was lifting with kept close for a while then i started to pull away after a little over an hour and by the time we did squats he could only get 315 for 6
Damn...that is some serious weight...especially after 2 hr leg workout. Gosh, while on this (-)-epi, I might be better off trying PRs at the end of my workout on days that I don't plan on attempting PRs.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 13 Sept 30

Day 13 Sept 30

Workout: Push & will play tennis tonight for cardio

Comments: Today was the first day that I tried my new versa gripp pro (I did wear it yesterday during leg day) which caused my bench grip to feel off. I am not used to something being there even though I wore regular lifting gloves. I tried 185 on flat BB bench and I had to rack after 2 reps because versa gripp was causing pain in my left thumb. I took off and put back on but not as tight and repositioned the palm over a bit and it feels 90% normal. So I decided to use today as a medium weight high volume day super set day which worked fantastic with OA –epi.

Super Set consists of 5 sets of the following
10 DB incline press, 10 BB flat press, push up until almost gassed and then 1/2 push ups until nothing left.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 14 Oct 1

Day 14 Oct 1

Workout: Deadlift + 2 mile run tonight

Comments: I worked out at plantet weakness today. So deadlifts were done on a smith machine. Got a new PR. My previous was 325 but bar was about 4" off ground and not on smith machine. I still don't know what my true 1RM is. I know I could have added more weight but I am happy as long as I am still progressing.

Smith Machine Deadlift
135x15
135x10
185x5
225x1
315x1
365x1 PR
225x10
225x8
135x20

5 sets of deadlifts using 60DB on each hand x 10

Tomorrow will be exactly 1/2 done with bottle. So far I am enjoying this product. I would say Endurance is what I noticed most. I have to force myself to rest at least 45 secs between set (except for today, I rested at least a full minute). I eating as if I am on a bulk, but I look slightly leaner now then when I started. And lastly, muscle fullness. My muscles feels semi pumped all day long and doesn't take much to get a decent pump going.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 15 Oct 2

Day 15 Oct 2

4. New HyperMax XT

Workout: Accessories

Comments: Today marks the 1/2 point. I would say that I am fully reaping the benefits of epicatechin. The reason is because I know I've said this before but my endurance is like Prefontaine or should I say Energizer Bunny because I feel as if I can keep going and going. However, I still need my "2nd wind" to kick in and then watch the fuq out. Whats cool & fascinating is I know when my "2nd wind" kicks in. For example, during my deadlift session yesterday, my 2nd wind didn't kick in until my 7th set.

I also noticed that my pulse is much lower while on epicatechin.

Oh yea, today is day 1 of New HyperMax XT which I am also logging http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/273572-datsthat-log-new.html#post5098118. I've only tried 1 scoop, but I am already digging it.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 16 & 17 / Oct 3rd & 4th

Day 16 & 17 / Oct 3rd & 4th

1. Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin: took 2 caps on empty stomach roughly 30 mins before lifting on Oct 3rd ONLY
3. Antaeus Labs Achilles (Achilles) : 2 caps w/ breakfast + 2 caps w/ dinner on both days
4. New HyperMax XT: (1.5 scoops on Oct 3rd & 2 scoops on Oct 4th) 30 mins before lifting on both days http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/273572-datsthat-log-new.html#post5101228

Workout: Push on Oct 3rd & Legs on Oct 4th

Comments: Great workout on both days. I didn't take any (-)-Epicatechin yesterday because I wanted to see if I would feel anything difference performance wise....and I didn't.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 18 / Oct 5th

Day 18 / Oct 5th

1. Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin - took 2 caps on empty stomach roughly 30 mins before lifting
4. New HyperMax XT: 2 scoops 30 mins before lifting

Workout: Pull (deload week)

Comments: This week is be first time that I tried a Deload. However, its kinda hard when weights feels lighter than what I remembered. I usually work my way to and finish at 135lb on BB bent over rows but today after my first warm up set (95x20) I jumped to 135 on my 2nd set because 95lb felt lighter than what I remembered.

BB bent over rows
95x20
135x15 PR
135x15
135x15

DB bent over rows while leaning on a 45 degree bench
45x15, 40x10, 35x10
45x15, 40x10, 35x10
45x15, 40x10, 35x10

Narrow neutral grip lat pull down
85x15
85x15
85x15
85x15

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 19 / Oct 6th

Day 19 / Oct 6th

1. Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin - took 2 caps on empty stomach roughly 30 mins before lifting

Workout: Push (deload week) + Abs later this afternoon + 2 mile run tonight

Comments: I really enjoy the extra endurance. Wow, I would say I had best chest pump ever in my life.

BB Military Press super set with machine Military Press
65x20 , 90x20
65x20 , 90x20
65x20 , 90x20
65x20 , 90x20

BB Incline Bench super set with cable flys (med)
95x20 , 15x20
95x20 , 15x20
95x20 , 15x20
95x15 , 15x20

BB Slightly Incline (lowest setting) Bench super set with cabel flys (low to high)
115x20 , 15x20
115x20 , 15x20
115x20 , 15x20
115x20 , 15x20

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 20 / Oct 7th

Day 20 / Oct 7th

Workout: Legs (Deload week)

Comments: Shoulders and traps were sore from yesterday's push workout. I have not done that much volume in a long time. I love it. Deload is difficult to stay on track because I can say for sure that OA-epi is allowing me to push harder...I don't know about others, but for me, I can't help but to push myself to limit. I've always been that way.

BB Lunge super set with Squat
135x10 each leg , 155x10
135x10 each leg , 155x10
135x10 each leg , 155x10
155x10 each leg , 185x10 (couldn't help myself...had to add on more weight)

Leg Press Machine super set with calves on same machine and then hop over to Leg Extension Machine to end this super set
185x15 , 185x15 , 100x15
185x15 , 185x15 , 100x15
185x15 , 185x15 , 100x15
185x15 , 185x15 , 100x15

Leg Curl super set with back extension
90x15 , 15xBW
90x15 , 15xBW+25lb
90x15 , 15xBW+25lb
90x15 , 15xBW+70lb (opps, it happened again, I put on more weight)

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 21 / Oct 8th

Day 21 / Oct 8th

1. Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin - took 1 caps with breakfast
4. New HyperMax XT: 2 scoops 30 mins before hike

Workout: Rest day, but went on a walk

Comments: Went on a walk last night around 9pm. I needed it to be as dark as possible.

cool looking cloud

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 22 / Oct 9th

Day 22 / Oct 9th
1. Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin: took 2 caps empty stomach 45 mins before workout
4. New HyperMax XT: 2 scoops 45 mins before workout

Workout: Last Pull workout on deload week

Comments: I am really enjoying high reps. I get better pump and actually get sore. Also the lower weights doesn't bother my golfer elbow as much.

BB bent over rows super set with rope pull down
135x10 , 40x10
135x10 , 40x10
135x10 , 40x10
135x10 , 40x10
135x10 , 40x10
135x10 , 40x10

Lat pull down wide grip super set with neutral narrow grip
100x10 , 100x10
100x10 , 100x10
100x10 , 100x10
100x10 , 100x10
100x10 , 100x10
100x10 , 100x10

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 23 & 24 / Oct 10th & 11th

Day 23 & 24 / Oct 10th & 11th

1. Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin: took 3 caps empty stomach 45 mins before workout on both days
2. Staples: Throughout both days
4. New HyperMax XT: 2 scoops 45 mins before workout on both days

Workout: Day 23 / Oct 10th Last Push workout on deload week.

BB Bench Incline super set with Cable Flys
135x15 , 25x15
135x15 , 25x15
135x15 , 25x15
135x15 , 25x15
135x15 , 25x15

BB Bench Slightly Incline super set with Cable Flys and then super set with pushups
135x15 , 25x15 , 10
135x15 , 25x15 , 10
135x15 , 25x15 , 10
135x15 , 25x15 , 10
135x15 , 25x15 , 10

DB military Press superset with seated side laterals
45x15 , 15x15
45x15 , 15x15
45x15 , 15x15
45x15 , 15x15
45x15 , 15x15
45x15 , 15x15

Workout: Day 24 / Oct 11th: Leg day

Leg Press
180x20
270x15
360x12
450x10
500x10 PR
Superset 500x8 , 450x8 , 360x8 , 270x8 , 180x8 , 90x10 single leg

Smith Machine Squat
225x10
225x10
225x10
225x10

Smith Machine Lunge
135x10 each leg
135x10 each leg
135x10 each leg
135x10 each leg
135x10 each leg

Comments: I am sad that this run is coming to an end. I decided to try 3 caps on both sat and sun. The reason why is because 2 caps don't feel like what it used to. Kinda like 2 caps slightly pooped out. 3 caps felt what 2 caps used to feel like. I must say I enjoyed the extra umph. I snuck in a PR on leg press, but not really PR because I have not maxed out yet. But its is a PR because I've never lifted that high of a weight before.

Not sure if my increased weight gain this last week was due to no extra cardio (except couple long walks). At the beginning of last week I weighed about 153. The last couple days I've been weighing 156'ish (+- couple LBs). I've been trying to above maint, but for the most part I've been right at or slightly above.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 25 / Oct 12th

Day 25 / Oct 12th

1. Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin: took 1 cap
4. New HyperMax XT: none

Workout: Rest day

Comments: Somehow I have 17 caps left. Which is very strange because I should only have around 12 left over. I wonder if I got 65 caps instead of 60 caps. don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I will take 3 caps until bottle is gone which will be about 5 more days. I am excited to write my final review. I have lots of good things to day.

overanalyzer

overanalyzer

Awards
Interesting, I didn't know you could build a tolerance to epicat.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, I didn't know you could build a tolerance to epicat.
I don't know for certain, but I do know that my pooped out feeling was all in my head because I took 2 caps today and felt just as I did prior. the way I felt off 3 caps was placebo, but it still felt great.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 26 / Oct 13th

Day 26 / Oct 13th

1. Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin: took 2 caps 1 hr prior to workout
4. New HyperMax XT: 2 scoops prior to workout

Workout: Back day

Comments: I took 2 caps and felt just as good as before. I don't know if the way I felt of 3 caps was placebo or not, but I don't really care because of the great results. My golfers elbow has recently started feeling much better so I couldn't help but to lift heavy. First heavy workout since deload and I ended up with a PR.

DB Deadlift
40x20
50x15
60x10
70x5

Back Extensions
BW x15
BW+25plate x15
BW+35plate x15
BW+45plate x15
BW+45plate x15

BB Deadlift
135x10
185x10
225x5
315x2 PR
225x5
225x5
225x5

Pull ups
BWx12
BWx12
BWx12
BWx12

Lat Pull Down Wide
130x10
160x10
160x10
160x10
130x10

overanalyzer

overanalyzer

Awards
Day 26 / Oct 13th

Workout: Back day

Comments: I took 2 caps and felt just as good as before. I don't know if the way I felt of 3 caps was placebo or not, but I don't really care because of the great results. My golfers elbow has recently started feeling much better so I couldn't help but to lift heavy. First heavy workout since deload and I ended up with a PR.

DB Deadlift
40x20
50x15
60x10
70x5

Back Extensions
BW x15
BW+25plate x15
BW+35plate x15
BW+45plate x15
BW+45plate x15

BB Deadlift
135x10
185x10
225x5
315x2 PR
225x5
225x5
225x5

Pull ups
BWx12
BWx12
BWx12
BWx12

Lat Pull Down Wide
130x10
160x10
160x10
160x10
130x10
Im about to start my epi in about 5 days. I really look forward to the endurance increase although I am not too excited about the DOMS. How were they for you?

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Im about to start my epi in about 5 days. I really look forward to the endurance increase although I am not too excited about the DOMS. How were they for you?
Its funny you asked about DOMS because I didn't have much of any until today. I think its only related to (-)-Epicatechin because (-)-Epicatechin allowed me to push harder and lift heavier which equates to punishing your muscles (in a good way). In my situation, I think I am suffering from DOMs because yesterday was first heavy day since 1 week of Deload and the fact that I know I wouldn't have been able to lift so heavy if I wasn't taking (-)-Epicatechin.

Which brand (-)-Epicatechin are you going to take?

overanalyzer

overanalyzer

Awards
Its funny you asked about DOMS because I didn't have much of any until today. I think its only related to (-)-Epicatechin because (-)-Epicatechin allowed me to push harder and lift heavier which equates to punishing your muscles (in a good way). In my situation, I think I am suffering from DOMs because yesterday was first heavy day since 1 week of Deload and the fact that I know I wouldn't have been able to lift so heavy if I wasn't taking (-)-Epicatechin.

Which brand (-)-Epicatechin are you going to take?
The one you are running. At the risk of sounding noobish, what do you mean by deloading?

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
The one you are running. At the risk of sounding noobish, what do you mean by deloading?
Good choice my friend. Never be afraid to ask a question. Deload is basically doing 1 week of lighter weight excersices. This allows your body to remain in "shape" while letting your body rest and recover.

overanalyzer

overanalyzer

Awards
Good choice my friend. Never be afraid to ask a question. Deload is basically doing 1 week of lighter weight excersices. This allows your body to remain in "shape" while letting your body rest and recover.
Keeping the same routine?

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Keeping the same routine?
Oh yea, I forgot to mention that this was my first deload week ever. The reason why I did it was because I remembered that I felt stronger after taking a week of due to being on vacation and to nurse my golfer elbow. Deloads are recommended every few months or when your body feels like it can't recover as fast as it usually does or when you feel beat up. Google "deload week" to get more info

overanalyzer

overanalyzer

Awards
Oh yea, I forgot to mention that this was my first deload week ever. The reason why I did it was because I remembered that I felt stronger after taking a week of due to being on vacation and to nurse my golfer elbow. Deloads are recommended every few months or when your body feels like it can't recover as fast as it usually does or when you feel beat up. Google "deload week" to get more info
Thanks. I just ordered my bottle. Will be looking fwd to starting this next week!

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 27 / Oct 14th

Day 27 / Oct 14th

4. New HyperMax XT: 2.5 scoops prior to workout

Workout: Legs and accessories

Comments: I planned on doing a light leg and accessories workout because I feel very sore and beat up from yesterday's deadlifting. I could barely do my normal morning routine. I also didn't get good sleep. Leg workout started very light weight. I just wanted to get a good pump which happened after few sets. My 2nd wind kicked in after my legs were done. OR should I say my (-)-Epicatechin wind kicked in. Then I did light arms.

I am almost out of OA-epi and will do my final review sometimes next week.

Machine Leg press super set with calve raises
100x20 , 100x20
130x20 , 130x20
160x15 , 160x15
190x10 , 190x10
220x8 , 220x8
250x5 , 250x5

Leg extensions (45 sec rest)
100x20
120x15
140x10
160x8
180x5 (half reps) super set with 100lbs full reps until failure

Machine Bicep curls super set with (same machine) tricep extensions. Did both while standing, but leaning on machine
40x20 , 40x20
50x20 , 50x20
60x15 , 60x15
70x10 , 70x10
70x10 , 70x10
dropset starting at 70lbs, do 5 reps and drop 10lbs and do another 5 reps....etc

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I just ordered my bottle. Will be looking fwd to starting this next week!
Awesome. For me, it kicked in under 1 week. Are you going to log it?

overanalyzer

overanalyzer

Awards
Awesome. For me, it kicked in under 1 week. Are you going to log it?
Probably not. I don't get on here enough to log due to my schedule. I will keep u posted on my results if u are interested.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Probably not. I don't get on here enough to log due to my schedule. I will keep u posted on my results if u are interested.
Yes, please keep me posted. I would love to hear your results.

AlphaCommandr

AlphaCommandr

Awards
Sometimes I don't get that second wind until the end of the workout also, but when that happens I just keep raping whatever muscle group I'm working and do a larger shake and post gym meal after hahaha.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Day 28 / Oct 15th

Day 28 / Oct 15th

Workout: Push

Comments: Running super low on OA-epi...makes me sad. Had great workout. 2 caps still doing the trick. (-)-Epicatechin wind kicked in a lot sooner which was nice because I annihilated my chest.

BB Incline Bench super set with cable flys
135x15 , 20x15
135x15 , 25x15
135x15 , 25x15
135x15 , 25x15
135x15 , 25x15
135x15 , 25x15
135x15 , 25x15

DB Incline Press start vertical position for 3 sets and then move 1 notch until bench is flat super set with push ups
40x20 , 15
45x15 , 15
45x10 , 15
50x10 , 15
50x12 , 15
50x10 , 10
55x12 , 15
55x12 , 15
50x10 , 10
50x10 , 10