EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
image_prodprod3580002_largeImage_X_450_white.jpg

CN_2JMwUYAAYm7z.jpg

This is a new log for controlled labs white pipes. I will be posting a minimum of 2 posts per week and will be logging for around 25-30 days. The product is 50 servings and suggested for two servings pre workout. I usually hit between 6-9 workouts a week, so pretty much will be using it everyday.

I want to thank the good people at controlled labs for the opporunity to do so.

Stats:
Weight: 240-245
Height: 6'
Sex: male
Training style: hit, power bodybuilding, and hypertrophy

I am currently in a lean bulk phase, eating to grow, but with a very strict diet.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Final Review:

This product is a great tasting non stim pre workout. The pumps were phenominal and i would rate this product a full five.

Of the two flavors ive tried i like the watermelon best, but the pineapple is really good as well.

The hydromax has no mixing issues like the old gms products, which is great.

The profile on this product is very strong. Open label, no blends and the ingredients are generously dosed. The price point is also very attractive at less than 30 dollars from what ive seen at most sites. It comes with 50 servings, which is more than. Enough for 1-2 months of training. I really enjoyed this product and will be incorporating this into my supplementation as needed. I would like to thank Controlled labs for the opportunity. Another great product!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First impressions:

From the label i was very excited to try this. I have gained an appreciation for a good pump product without stims. I train at night so i really like to control the stims i take. Also i like to take my creatine intraworkout mostly, and cant stand when they are put into the pre's. Overall this product looks very solid, with all the latest ingredients at proper dosages. This should be good.

I put one scoop into my shaker and it floated on top of the water in a clump and looked like i wouldnt mix, probly the hydromax, but with a few shakes it was completely mixed. The taste is kind if strong, definitely not bad, just strong and pineappley. With a full shaker it tastes really good.

My first workout with it was great. I did a chest workout consisting of primarily incline flys. Overall i hit around 25 sets of db flyes, cable flyes on the incline bench, and pecdec. I did some drop sets, intraset stretching and intraset flexing. All in all the pump was incredible. Veins popping, blood flowing, that feeling we all chase when we hit the gym. I then did some biceps and experienced the same thing. Loving this product so far. Cant wait to do a arm day with this stuff!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yesterday i took two scoops of white pipes with a sample of white rapids. I mixed both in a quater gallon of water with some creatine and went to work. Both white rapids and white pipes mix and work perfectly together. Flavored the same and from what i can tell were intended to be used together. I did a very very high volume leg workout. I started with a 200 rep set of leg presses and the pump was out of control. Really set the tone. Overall i kept the weight at around 80% of my heaviest working weights and kept the reps between 20-50 for each set. Overall great pump, my quads and calves were swollen. As a side note white rapids is an awesome product. I definitely reccommend it. My energy was clean and constant for three hours of straight training, which is much longer than my usual session.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's great you were able to try both products dude!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's great you were able to try both products dude!
Im gonna try the watermelon flavor or white pipes today, got a sample of it as well. Whenever you post the product review, ill review both flavors.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im gonna try the watermelon flavor or white pipes today, got a sample of it as well. Whenever you post the product review, ill review both flavors.
Sweet, man. I'm interested in the Watermelon. Lemonade is my favorite for Rapids.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sweet, man. I'm interested in the Watermelon. Lemonade is my favorite for Rapids.
Have to try that one. So far i like the pineapple, but i really have to waTer it down. Not an issue because i like to drink a good amount of water anyways.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had tried the watermelon flavor of white pipes and i definitely enjoyed it. Great flavor, mixes well and is easy to drink. I honestly prefer this to the pineapple, but both are very good.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I did an intense arm and shoulder workout the other day and the pump was crazy. I ran the rack from 25lb db all the way up to 60's, going up 5lbs each set.

I did sets of 10 in a superset fashion of the following:
Supinated bicep curls, side lateral raises and lying db skull crushers.

I took 30-45 sec rests in between, so the blood flow was crazy. After that i did some more shoulder and bicep work. I knew this type of workout would be the best to really putthis product to the test. Ive tried many pump products and this one is top notch.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did an intense arm and shoulder workout the other day and the pump was crazy. I ran the rack from 25lb db all the way up to 60's, going up 5lbs each set.

I did sets of 10 in a superset fashion of the following:
Supinated bicep curls, side lateral raises and lying db skull crushers.

I took 30-45 sec rests in between, so the blood flow was crazy. After that i did some more shoulder and bicep work. I knew this type of workout would be the best to really putthis product to the test. Ive tried many pump products and this one is top notch.
Those are some short rest periods!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had tried the watermelon flavor of white pipes and i definitely enjoyed it. Great flavor, mixes well and is easy to drink. I honestly prefer this to the pineapple, but both are very good.
What can you compare the watermelon flavor to?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What can you compare the watermelon flavor to?
Honestly not too sure. Im not really a soda or juice person. It was similar to dels frozen watermelon lemondade if youve ever had that before. It was really good. Im not the biggest watermelon fan for supps, but that was very very easy to drink.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Those are some short rest periods!
Yea i really wanted to focus on pump. I was utterly drenched with sweat too. I like training like that, it almost eliminates my need to additional cardio and really hits my muscles hard.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Took yesterday for an intense chest and shoulder day. Hit some heavy incline on the smith: 3 plates for 3 sets of 4-6 and some nice flat bench at three plates for 10 reps and 3 and a quater for 5. Then hit some military press with 4 quaters on each side for 25 reps. Then did a drop set and stripped each quater plate off at failure. My pump on this was crazy. Today im going to hit some light legs and focus on pump. My leg session this week was really focused on heavy weight and didnt get in as much isolation as i would have liked. I have transitioned my training to a much heavier approach with lower volume and have upped my calories. However the energy required for these heavy sets has really cut down my ability to stay hitting it hard for more than an hour and a half. Used to go high volume for 2-3 hours non stop. Im still adjusting.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Another leg day. I took this intra workout with some glycofuse. I hit some heavy sets of squats and heavy sets of leg press. On my last set i hit 1550 for 40reps. I wrapped my knees, so between the heavy weight and the volume my quads were insanely pumped. I almost regretted taking white pipes after that set lol. Then i did some heavy leg extensions and leg curls. I only did one scoop, thankfully lol.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yesterday trained back. Started with deads 495x6, then 545x3, then did bent over rows with 250x20 and 300x13. Then t bar rows two sets of six plates for 10-20 reps each. These heavy sets and the white pipes really had my veins popping. Not so much a pump, but extra vascular. I did some more isolation to follow, pull downs, cable rows, pullovers, high rows etc. Great back session.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strong yankin'! Those sets of rows with 20 and 30 are intense man

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
On monday i hit legs again. Did some intense leg presses. 1550 x 23 rest 1min then another 20, rest 1 min then another 22 reps. I did this type of set once again. And then hit some heavy quad and hamstring isolated work.

Last night i hit some chest, but decided to do some cardio instead. The sets i hit were strong, but i wasnt feeling it. I did over an hour of liss cardio on the treadmill. For about 30 mins i was at 15 incline at a speed of 1.5 without holding onto anything. When i finished my leg pump was wild. I took two scoops of white rapids with the intention of doing chest and shoulders, but wss suprised from my cardio pump lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On monday i hit legs again. Did some intense leg presses. 1550 x 23 rest 1min then another 20, rest 1 min then another 22 reps. I did this type of set once again. And then hit some heavy quad and hamstring isolated work.

Last night i hit some chest, but decided to do some cardio instead. The sets i hit were strong, but i wasnt feeling it. I did over an hour of liss cardio on the treadmill. For about 30 mins i was at 15 incline at a speed of 1.5 without holding onto anything. When i finished my leg pump was wild. I took two scoops of white rapids with the intention of doing chest and shoulders, but wss suprised from my cardio pump lol
haha cardio pump! maybe that citmal gave ya an endurance boost

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
haha cardio pump! maybe that citmal gave ya an endurance boost
Im not sure in regards to the cardio, but honestly since ive been taking white pipes i have noticed it, but didnt think to relate that to the product. Ive never taken that high of a dose of cit mal before. I hVe certainly seen endurance benefits on my high intensity working sets, like when im doing high high rep leg press drop sets.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Two training days:

Chest, shoulders and triceps
Great workout. Focused on hitting incline and flat bench with weights in the 300 range for multiple sets of 5-7. Last set of flat i hit 3 plates for 11 dropped to 2, went to failure, dropped to 1, went to failure, loaded the three plates back on the bar and did two negatives. Hit some overhead presses, traps and side laterals.

Side laterals i got up to 90 lb dbs for 8 reps, which is a pr for me.

Finished with some dips, and tricep cable work

The second day was active rest. I did some very strong bicep work, supersetted with abs. Not my intention, but since i took no breaks it was really like hiit. I finished with 30 mins of liss uphill walking.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Last night i did some light back work. I have a minor injury which has occured in the past few weeks that has been nagging me, its a pain in my tricep and lat. I have no problem with pressing, some issue eoth triceps depending on the angle, but my push days arent an issue. I dont feel the pain doing upper back either, but rows, overhead rows and pull ups are very painful. I took about a week and a half off from doing back. Yesterday i just wanted to go through the motions with a fraction of the weight i usually do. Pull downs bothered me the most.

I hit some heavy shrugs 500 for reps, and some heavy barbell bicep curls, 155x8

Other than that just kept the weight low, volume high and focused on squeezing at the top of the reps.

Did a half hour of incline walking on the treadmill.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Another heavy weight, heavy pressing day for chest and shoulders. Kept my reps around 5-8 but did enough sets to reach a nice amount of volume at my upper threshold of poundages. I also went to the 90's for my side laterals, which is wicked on the delts!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yesterday had my heavy leg day. Although i am stuck with my weight at 250, i am getting stronger, so i cannot complain at all. I hit 1800 on the leg press yesterday for upwards of 20 reps, with a lot of volume and drop sets to folllow. Switched to smith machine squats and did a few heavy sets, leading up to a great set of six plates on each side for 12 reps. After that i did some calf raises and quad extensions. The calf and quads were crazy pumped. All in all two hours of intense training.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been taking one scoop preworkout and then one scoop intra. I find this to be my favorite combo yet.

Also i would like to point out that this bottle lasts for a long time. If you train five days a week, at two scoops a day thats five weeks, and considering you dont have to break the bank to get it, this is a great deal. Also keep in mind some people may not want a crazy pump on leg day for instance or on a day when you hit abs, so it may last much longer.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good point on the servings. Pretty good bang for the buck.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Another positive is that this product mixes clear. I normally have a gallon jug half filled with my intra workout. Well the other day i used this instead and it looked just like water. Now i dont get the annoying questions about what im drinking from the kids who wanna get bigger lol

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tonight im going to hit my calves as part of an active rest day. I am going to be taking two scoops and really going to hammer them. Then hit my cardio. I am also going to roll my calves out to stretch the fascia before i hit my sets. Really put white pipes to work and make these calves grow lol.

On another note I have carried this log on for a while past expected because in response to training intensity and my evolving goals, i have cut back my lifting days from 6-7 to 5, and now even more, down to four. This has allowed me to recover fully and be able to hit it hard on the days i train. I will continue to post for as long as i use the product. Almost running out lol.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tonight im going to hit my calves as part of an active rest day. I am going to be taking two scoops and really going to hammer them. Then hit my cardio. I am also going to roll my calves out to stretch the fascia before i hit my sets. Really put white pipes to work and make these calves grow lol.

On another note I have carried this log on for a while past expected because in response to training intensity and my evolving goals, i have cut back my lifting days from 6-7 to 5, and now even more, down to four. This has allowed me to recover fully and be able to hit it hard on the days i train. I will continue to post for as long as i use the product. Almost running out lol.
The end of the tub!:(