Focused nutrition OstaElite Log

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone! I am going to be logging OstaElite for focused nutrition over the next little while.

OstaElite is their ostarine product. *Each capsule contains 25 mg of soaring, and the recommended starting dose is two a day with food, and no more than 4 in 24 hours. *After researching, and talking to a rep, I will be logging at one capsule a day as 25 mg is the maximum recommended dose for most women.

Focused Nutrtion was also kind enough to send me a bottle of cycle care and perfect PCT and a really awesome shirt, so I will be using those accordingly.

This will be my first time taking an ostarins based product, and am excited to see where this takes me.

A little about me. I'm a 30 year old single mom of 3, amd am currently just over 8 weeks out from my first competition.

End of 2013 I was going through a break up and did what everyone does when they go through a breakup,mother decide they are going to show "them" and get hot.
That didn't work.

March 2014 rolls around, and in general I felt like crap. I had no energy, I was a,ways sick, I couldn't do the things I wanted to with my kids and I decided it had to change. I got together with the person that wrote body spartan genesis, read the book, and it clicked with me. Over the course of the next year I lost down to 135, bulked back up to 165, and am not back down to just under 130(not carb depleted)

My goal is to continue losing, and to maintain as much mass as possible and if I'm lucky maybe even beat the odds and build more. My ultimate goal is to compete in physique.

I will be following a carb cycling high protein diet.

Training will be as follows
Cardio is fasted 5 days a week 30-45 minutes
Of the other two days, it will vary by my work schedule, but I do aim for 6 days of cardio a week.

Weight training
Every third day is a leg day
Back and biceps
Shoulders
Legs
Chest and tri
Back and bi
Legs
And so on
I lift 5-6 days a week as well.

I lean towards high volume workouts. Lots of sets and lots of reps.

Currents measurements:
Shoulders:41.5
Chest 35/32
Mid stomach at the most narrow:26
Stomach at the widest: 29
Hips: 36
Upper leg:21
Calves: 14.5
Starting weight 129(coming off of high carbs)
Height 5'1.5" (yes the half counts thank you)

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 cardio is done. 30 minutes steady state on the stair mill 20 minutes intervals on the ARC trainer and then a 15 min walk on the tread mill.

Breakfast: 20g oats 46g egg white and a protein shake.

Side note.. I probably won't write out every single meal of every day. I eat pretty much the same thing most days.

I am aiming to get 45g of carbs today 120 protein and 70-80 fat today. I always increase carbs slightly on leg day if it's not a refeed day. Most days I keep my carbs at or under 30g. May adjust this as the log progresses based on my progress, but this is what I followed last year and had great success with. I'm actually cutting on 250 calories a day more than last year, so that's exciting for me.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 wrap up.

Leg day. I work in 4-5 sets per exercise, aiming for 12-15 reps with a progressive weight load.

Two variations of reverse hack squats (machine weight/30/50/50)
Regular hack squats (machine weight/30/50/50
Leg press/calf extension (90/90/180/180)
Lying leg curl (30/40/40/40) <note.. Went up to 50 on my last leg day and something "popped" too the weight easy today)
Single/single/double leg extension super set ( 20 20 45/ 20 20 60 for all sets)
Single leg standing curls (15x15/20x20/20x20/25x25)
Leg press close/wide SS (160/180/200/220)
Seated leg curl (30/35/40/45/50)
Single leg press (45x45/45x45/90x90/90x90)
Cable kick backs (10x10/12.5x12.5/12.5x12.5/12.5x12.5)
Dumbbell straight leg dead lifts(limited ROM to target glutes) (4 sets 15x15)
Finished off with some random light dead lifts... Super light

Finished off with 20 on the stair mill. I always do cardio at the end of leg day, for me I have found it reduces the amount of soreness I have. Something steady state just to walk it out.

While we are talking weights. My current 1 rep maxes at this weight,
Squat 135x2 ( best ever was 225x2 at 165 I broke my toe and injured the joint in that toe back in May and am just now getting back to heavy lifting)
Dead lift 185x1 (pulled 195 but couldn't lock it out... Previous best was 195 at 165)
Bench 125x1 (I've only been benching off the smith for about 6 months now. Previously only had access to a smith and then was scared to try. I got over it. Best ever was 135@148 set at the warhouse gym back in June)

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Awesome Workout!
Thank you. That was actually a few exercises shy of what I normally do. I'm tweaking things here and there trying to spread it over 2 days instead of lifting for 3 hours in one day.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 2!!!

Was asleep by 1030 last night. I'm going to really try to up sleep on my priority list for the next few months. 1030 is doing really good for me to be honest.

Was up at 6( and 130 and 4 and 430 and 5 and 530 sigh not uncommon for me) and out the door by 7.

I am currently cooling down on the treadmill, cardio of choice today was 50 minutes on the stairmill which is 5 minutes longer than my best.

Will be lifting back and biceps before I head into work this afternoon.

Macro goals for today 30c 120-130p 80-90f

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Workouts for today are complete. Had an absolutely amazing pump today. The type of pump where you can barely lift your water to your mouth. The

Workout took right at an hour and a half(will come back and update with weights sets and reps)

Warmed up with light weight bent over rows
Dumbbell rows(20x20/22.5x22.5/22.5x22.5/25x25)
Rear flys(15x15 4 sets)
Seated lateral pull downs (40/55/70/55)
Standing pull downs/thrus (20/25/30/35)
Single lateral pull downs(15x15/20x20/25x25/25x25)
Seated row (close grip)(40/55/55/70)
Single arm row(10x10/10x10/12.5x12.5/12.5x12.5)
Seated row (wide grip)(40/40/55/55)
Seated row with rope(focused on squeezing traps)(25/25/40/40)
Rope bicep curls(10/15/20/25)
Alt hammer curl(12.5x12.5/15x15/15x15/15x15)
21s (7 reps low 7 reps high 7 reps full ROM)(30/30/30/30)
Heavy bent over rows(60lbs 4 sets of 15)
Barbell curls (last set burn out)(4 sets at 25)

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 3!

50 min on the stairmill mostly at level 9 with dropping it down to 6 every so often to catch my breath and let my legs stretch the steps out

20 min slow walk on the treadmill.

Maintaining the same macros today as yesterday. Ended up mixing my protein shake with coconut milk to bring my final fats up for the day. It wasn't awful.

I'm taking the OstaElite each morning at 9 with my breakfast.

Didn't get nearly enough sleep last night. Only about 5.5 hours. I have a nap planned once running errands is done today, and then will be training shoulders late this afternoon. I've decided on shoulder day that I am going to start adding in some extra flute work for the week. I hit them on leg day, but would really like to give them some individualized attention.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Booty work:
Sets of 12-15 reps
(Going back after the majority of my carbs have been consumed to train shoulders)
Glute bridges (butt to ground and back up with mini barbell 10/20/20/20)
Reverse hack (10/20/70/70)
Kneeling squats (on the smith 10/20/20/40)
Glute kick backs (7.5x7.5/10x10/10x10/10x10)
Cable work bringing leg out to the side (7.5x7.5 for 3 10x10)
Good mornings (25/40/40/40)
Dumbbell straight leg deads (limited ROM target to glutes 15x15 for 4 focused on the squeeze and controlled slow movement)

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders

This is probably my highest volume workout. I try to make sure I hit each delt head from every which direction possible. I use a lot of super sets on shoulder day, and for everyone's sanity, I'm not going to list those weights because it's a lot of switching back and forth. I aim for 8-12 reps per set.

My original dedicated shoulder day workout, I completely took from Dana linn Bailey, and then tweaked it for my own needs. Then I added onto it. When I started bulking over the winter, I noticed my lats needed a lot of work, so I started training them on both back day and shoulder day and that made a world of a difference
Today's pump was fairly decent. Not my best pump ever but it was definitely noticeable. I'm starting to see some veins in my shoulders while I'm lifting, over the last couple weeks they have gotten more visible. Muscles are also feeling harder and less squishy.

I'm just going to list the weight of each dumbbell as the weight of one. So instead of 20x20 I'm just going to write 20.
SS=super set

Warm up: upright rows (4sets of 25)/OHP (3 sets of 20)
Seated dumbbell press(15/20/20/22.5)
SS lateral raise dumbbell press (7.5/7.5/10/10)
Dumbbell rear incline fly(10/10/10/10)
Dumbbell front raise (incline 10/10/10/10)
Single arm lateral pull down( squeeze at bottom 15/20/20/25)
Standing barbell lateral pull down(on cables 25/30/35/35)
Standing face pulls (15/20/25/30)
Seated facepulls(20/25/30/35)
Cable front raise (5/10/15/20)
SS strict T/delt raise
SS dumbbell front raise/dumbbell shoulder press
SS dumbbell upright row/bent over flys
Shoulder press (machine single arm 10/15/30/30)
Rear fly (machine 30/20/20/20)
Front fly( machine 30/30/40/40)

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ashstandrews,You going hard and taking no prisoners..:D

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Ashstandrews,You going hard and taking no prisoners..:D
Lol that's how I roll. This isn't a new style of training for me. I have slowly worked up to this amount of volume over the last 20 months, but I grew up doing competitive year round swimming practicing 3 hours a day 6 days a week. I love training this way, it makes me happy.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That is Awesome! I myself exercise at the same momentum,and my belief is that exercising is not a hobby its a lifestyle..:D

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 4!

No fasted cardio!
Will be training legs after work today, will be doing squats and some medium weight dead lifts on top of the usual leg day activities. Also raising my carbs to aim for 45-55.

After legs will be 30-45 cardio.

Have a wonderful Saturday! I will be back with updates later!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Side note woke up weighing 127 even this morning. I am following a carb cycling diet so it's not uncommon to see some fluctuations, but it's always nice when the numbers head down in this case.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
After a long work day, I made it to the gym. I spent probably about 3 hours in the gym between lifting, someone wanting to talk, and cardio.

First hour I focused more on strength, and took longer rests and did less reps. I hit an ugly ugly 155 for my squat and had
To fight for it but I got it. Pulled 185 clean on my dead lift, tried for 205 and it wouldn't budge. Tried 195 as well... Same deal and worked my way back down to a lighter weight.

I'm just going to list the exercises, and I will come back tomorrow and put in all the weights.

Good mornings
Reverse hack
Hack
Lying leg curl
Single leg press
Leg press/CE SS
Single/single/double extensions
Variation of reverse hack squat

Since I spent a lot of time on my squats and dead lifts, I didn't hit as many exercises as I normally do on a leg day, but it's nice to be able to take some time to focus on strength as well.

Wrapped up with 30 minutes on the stair kill level 9... If my stomach hadn't have been basically empty I would have been sick. Good day, great workout though.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 5!

Posing practice this morning.

Will be doing cardio either immediately after that, or will hit the gym after I wrap up with work. Today will most likely be a lifting rest day unless I have some time free up. Today is my day to do charity haircuts at the fair to raise money for our local children's hospital and probably my favorite event of the year. I always get to meet a ton of awesome people and we have fun. I did take a shorter shift this year, I couldn't figure out how to make food work for an 11-7 shift with no microwave.

I've got a p3 I can take and some yogurt. There was something else I was going to take but can't think of it now. Dropping back down to 30-35g of carbs today. Protein aiming 130-140. Fats 75-80.

I know it's too soon to start feeling anything most likely, but mentally past the usual cutting, I don't have enough carbs or calories in my day, cutting blahs, I'm still feeling good. No noticeable changes.

Scale was at 126.4 this morning.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
subbing. interested to see what this product can do.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Just found this and following along. We are same height same weight and I'd love to see how OstaElite works on a fellow lady!

CJNator

Awards
Subd for gainz! Interested on how Osta will be for you!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Lifting rest day. Always feel super unproductive on these days.

Diet. On point.
Didn't touch a single fair food and everything I ate was in my purse and planned.

Cardio. 30 stair mill with increasing intensity.
15 minutes on the ARC trainer 60 second intervals.
15 walk on treadmill cool down.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Looks like you have some very high volume workouts going on !!

Any progress pics?

Good luck prepping !!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Looks like you have some very high volume workouts going on !!

Any progress pics?

Good luck prepping !!
Thanks!!! Yeah I do lots of volume lol and I have tons of pics but not enough posts to post them yet =(

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Oooo maybe I can now?

Where I started and last week

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Love the FNF gear! Makes up 60% of my workout clothes so far lol

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Great job too! You are kicking some ass!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Dang girl !!! awesome progress and you look great !!!!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Love the FNF gear! Makes up 60% of my workout clothes so far lol
90% of what I wear is FNF lol I went to the warhouse in June it was amazing.

Gives you an idea of my progress even since June. I'll make some collages up and date them once my kids sleep

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh so jealous!! Always wanted to go to one!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh so jealous!! Always wanted to go to one!
It was amazing! I definitely recommend it to anyone. I picked up some new stuff training wise there.

this was June to earlier this week

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
This is probably the best recently inclusive progress pic I could show, without showing the full picture of a huge time frame.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Pics look great, great progress overall!
Thank you!!!!

Day 6!

Cardio: 30 min fasted on the stair mill
30min post lifting hopefully stair mill.. We will see

I'm headed to the gym today to lift chest and tri and am feeling better, more relaxed and chill today.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established

Today's work out. This was a fairly short day for me. I need to remember on the days in working on a tighter time frame, that I can't do a million bench sets just because I love it.

30 cardio on the stair mill after. My blood sugar must have dropped drastically after because I thought I was going to die, was super dizzy and nauseous. Fortunately I always have food on me and that fixed it.

Over all it was a good workout. I felt really good about it. Had a great pump as well.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Awesome work in here. Great job

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub'd... great transformation ... excited to see how the next 7 weeks unfold!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Day 7!

30 min cardio on stairmill(currently in progress)
I work what we call a split shift at work today, so I have a 3 hour break in the middle. The current plan is to come to the gym and do a back workout.

Tomorrow will be an hour of fasted cardio, then legs and cardio after lunch. I'm off work, but supposed to be headed to the fair that night. I want to ride some rides =)

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established

Today's workout. Felt really good. Nice pump and I'm noticing my arms are getting more vascularity to them. I'm the nerd that gets extremely excited over this.

I was in a bit of a funk when I first got going today, but it seems to have passed for now.

Diet wise today is a lower carb day, and of course I'm craving doughnuts. That's a no go. Nothing beneficial is going to come of a doughnut at this moment. I have too much work to put in still.