Olympus Labs Longjack 100 thread

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Olympus Labs Longjack 100 Log

Hey guys, I'm going to be running an 8 week log on Olympus Lab's LJ 100. I will be providing baseline T and free T levels (when I get my results back).
At the end of the 8 week run, I will get follow up panels done to see how the LJ impacted serum T and free T levels.
I'm not going to be logging my workouts, and weights lifted etc. I'm simply going to go off of anecdotal evidence, and let the labs be the final say.
I will be paying attention to things like mood, aggression, appetite, sleep quality, motivation, etc.
Thanks again to the guys over at OL for giving me this opportunity.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
First dose was taken about an hour ago. I did 3 pills on an empty stomach. I'd imagine its still too soon to expect any noticeable results. I will say however I've felt an elevated sense of well-being/mood since dosing. Several little tasks I've had to deal with so far didn't seem to phase me. Just a better mood overall. Placebo? Eh maybe. Today's a rest day from the gym. Need to catch up on school work.
Stay tuned.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome to hear that you're getting blood work done.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Okay day 2 here. Nothing real significant to report yet. I will say that my energy came around
much quicker this morning. I get up around 4-4:30 most mornings. It's typically not until I get to the gym at 5 that I start to begin to feel coherent. I felt good to go before my morning shower. Also looks like I'm retaining less sub-cutaneous water. Currently dosing 3 caps in the am.

Lucianooo

Lucianooo

Awards
  • Established
subbed im running it on my pct right now.Solid product ;)

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 here. So I'm definitely noticing pronounced reduction in sub cutaneous water. No major dietary changes. Water intake has been consistent, as well as sleep. Again I felt fully functional about 10 minutes after waking up.
Also feel a bit more of an urge to go to the gym and lift this morning. We will see how things progress.
Hopefully I'll get my panels back today.
Stay tuned

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
reduction in sub cutaneous water is what am experiencing too (day 2) and libido is increased as well

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Alright update here on Labor Day! Happy Labor day by the way. AS previously stated, I've been noticing pronounced reduction in extracellular water. An overall more "full" look to them. I've finally started to have some increases in my appetite as well. Been getting hungry every 2 hours as opposed to every ~3. Also had a noticable uptick in libido beginning yesterday. Not too much to mention on the sleep side of things yet. Dosing 3 caps in the morning.
I'd also mention that I haven't had any issues with digestion of the capsules either. I've heard of some people saying they've experienced GI issues with Eurycoma. Not with this.
I look forward to what this product will continue to deliver. Stay tuned.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed, very excited to see the changes that LJ100 brings for you :D

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Are you planning on sharing these labs publicly mcc23 ??

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Yes. I just got them back today. At the end I'll upload both baseline and post labs

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes. I just got them back today. At the end I'll upload both baseline and post labs
Cool! Excited to see your results

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, update here. I'm getting close to half way through the first bottle. Not much more yet to report aside from what's been mentioned already. Really enjoying a stronger appetite the past few days though. Like I mentioned the other day, I've moved my meals to every 2 hours, as opposed to 3. So far, the dryer look along with the appetite improvements for me are enough to convince me that this extract is the real deal. It clearly exerts some degree of mild androgenic activity. I'll be running 2 bottles of this and then getting a new set of labs to compare.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Another update here. As I've said said repeatedly, I've had a noticeable reduction in sub-q water. No joint discomfort either.

I've had to cut my sleep down to about 6 hours a night, due to my schedule. Prior to starting the LJ, I would be slow to wake and get going in the mornings; relying on caffeine to get through the day. I've been feeling just as refreshed after 6 hours as I did 8 off the LJ .
Appetite has been improving as well. Not scarfing down food left and right, but still a reasonable increase the past 3 or 4 days.

As I said in my previous entry, the sleep quality improvements, as well as the drier appearance are enough to get me to buy this for myself and run it year-round. I may consider doing so after I'm finished this log. The price point is solid compared to other extracts available. Quality product in my opinion.
Stay tuned

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Another small update here. I had to force myself to take a day off from the gym yesterday. My motivation to lift really has been through the roof. Went 7 days straight up until yesterday. My intensity has had a noticeable increase, amongst other things. Mood throughout the course of the day has been generally stable. I'm not feeling fatigued around noon time like I used to. I'm still having the drier appearance as well, with no real weight change on the scale. Appetite has been solid. Nothing serious, but noticeable. So far I've really liked this extract. I've tried Eurycoma before but not standardized as high as this is. I've had no digestion issues, and you notice the effects aesthetically within a couple days of starting.
I know there's a lot of skeptics out there about LJ. I've tried some before that hadn't really done much of anything for me. Personally, with this extract I have noticed a myriad of benefits. I wouldn't think twice about adding it to my daily stack. OL has a solid reputation for creating quality products at a fair price. This LJ 100 is definitely another gem.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome news man!

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I figured I'd post a brief update, as I'm currently waiting on the second bottle of LJ to arrive.
First, my apologies for the delay in updates. I've been incredibly busy lately balancing school, work and an internship.
If you've followed through the thread, you've seen the extent of the improvements I've observed while running this product. From aesthetics to improved general mood/well-being, motivation and even sleep quality. To this point, I have been beyond satisfied with what LJ has had to offer. This product works. There are no real negative androgenic side effects to report either. Often times products of this type have a tendency to induce breakouts, or create an oily complexion. If anything, my complexion has improved. Likely stemming from the restorative sleep I've been having lately.

I usually scrutinize supplements pretty thoroughly. I've spent enough $ in the past on various supplements to know that there's a lot of crap out on the market. i.e misleading labels, under-dosed formulas, poor extraction methods/quality, etc. I'll reiterate from my post the other day. OL's extract quality I believe to be superior to most competitors. Based on other OL logs out there, I'm inclined to believe that this is the case for all of their products. Obviously, I'm going purely off of anecdotal results right now, but at the end of this run we'll have clinical ones.
I look forward to what the second bottle delivers. Stay tuned.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
How much do you weigh? I saw some people were getting "insomnia" sides on 2 caps a day, so I started on just 1 cap in the AM on an empty stomach. Im 165lbs

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
How much do you weigh? I saw some people were getting "insomnia" sides on 2 caps a day, so I started on just 1 cap in the AM on an empty stomach. Im 165lbs
I'm about 180. I've been doing 3 in the morning with no issues to speak of

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, still waiting for the next bottle to arrive. Hopefully by tomorrow. I'll likely post another update by tuesday.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see that its arriving today, keep us updated!

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the LJ. I'll do my best to answer them.

Bonesaw93

Awards
Very interested to see your lab results on this...just make sure to do them at the same time of day as t levels can appear to increase just by drawing blood at a different time of day.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Very interested to see your lab results on this...just make sure to do them at the same time of day as t levels can appear to increase just by drawing blood at a different time of day.
I plan on doing that, thanks!

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Alright, so today I began the second bottle of LJ.The instructions recommend dosing 3 caps in the morning before workouts, 5 days/week. I anticipate a continuation of the same effects I've reported on already. i.e a reduction of sub-cutaneous water (by day 2), motivation to lift, appetite, more restful sleep, etc.I've had to force myself to take rest days. My desire to life has been higher now than it's been in a LONG time. Despite my hectic schedule, I've been so anxious to move some iron.
I was without the LJ for about 4 days, waiting on the second bottle to arrive. In that time, I noticed the effects of the LJ continue. If anything, they improved.
My weight on the scale has been steady at 176-178 for the duration of the run, with calories at maintenance. I haven't been trying to gain or lose weight at the moment. I've had a few numbers I wanted to hit in my big 3 before I jump above 181. My strength on ALL lifts has been improved, despite no other significant adjustments in diet or supplementation. I can attribute this to the restful sleep and lowered serum cortisol levels. There's clinical data showing that LJ can lower cortisol. I suspect this to be the source of the improved water balance and improved sleep quality.

Whenever I invest in new supplements, I like to see some actual human data on them.
For those inclined to read, here's some of the research on Eurycoma. You'll have to sift through it all but it's promising.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3669033/

If you don't want to read through it all, heres some notable cliffs.
In vivo:
"Salivary cortisol levels were significantly lower (−16% compared to placebo, PL) following tongkat ali (TA) supplementation (200 mg/day for 4 weeks). * = p < 0.05 by ANOVA"

"Salivary testosterone. Salivary testosterone levels were significantly higher (+37% compared to placebo, PL) following tongkat ali (TA) supplementation (200 mg/day for 4 weeks). * = p < 0.05 by ANOVA."

I was sold on this extract by week 2. I would like to see how this product would fare on a bulk. Hopefully a greater partitioning of nutrients to muscle.
I plan on starting a clean bulk cycle here in the next month or so and will more than likely be adding this to my stack.
So far its pretty basic.
PES HV + 200mg Caffeine
Trutein
TMG
Creatine Monohydrate
LJ

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I'll put up an update tomorrow. I have my appt set for the follow up panels

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I'll put up an update tomorrow. I have my appt set for the follow up panels
Cool. Looking forward to the update man.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Okay guys I promised I'd put in an update last night. I got caught up studying for my Chem exam so just bear with me. I've been incredibly busy lately preparing my PT school applications.
I'm not going to rehash all of the aesthetic changes that I've observed and noted already as you can sift through the thread for yourselves.

I didn't plan on incorporating any of my lifting into the log but I figure today I may as well since I've only been getting stronger whilst supplementing the LJ. It's undeniable. I will remind you that my calories have been around maintenance for the duration of the run, with no adjustments in CHO intake. My strength improvements have been more noticeable in the higher rep ranges. I attribute this to the increase in intracellular water. If you have any background knowledge in exercise physiology, you'll understand the importance of atp hydrolysis in the formation of usable energy. This has manifested itself as more reps in each set per a given weight.
I've been able to add at the minimum 2 additional sets to each of my lifts, with no appreciable increase in fatigue or DOMS. This morning I was hitting the same # of reps on incline bench press in sets 3,4 and 5 that I was in 1 and 2. This was following flat bench and DB bench.
This trend spans across nearly all of my accessory lifts which tend to be in the 6-12 rep range.

I've noticed I've been getting some small breakouts now, though. Nothing serious. This was to be expected later on during the run.
At this point, I have experienced everything I expected prior to beginning the LJ run, plus more. From the aesthetic changes, to the mood stability, to appetite, to sleep quality. I've said it in several previous posts and I will continue to say it. This is the real deal. It's a high quality extract that works.
I'm excited to see what my panels have to show. Stay tuned.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the LJ.

Bonesaw93

Awards
Thanks for the update. Sounds very promising as you controlled for caloric intake. Too many people will start a supp change up their workouts and increase calories on top of it and then you have no idea if the supp did anything. The fact that you controlled that and are willing to post labs is invaluable to the objective evaluation of the supplement. Thanks a lot I look forward to seeing your lab results. Good luck on Chem exam btw. My BS was in Chem so I know what a pain it can be.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I love the aggression but must say I'm a little disappointed at no big libido increase from it. I always thought high quality tongat would really shine in this regard

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I love the aggression but must say I'm a little disappointed at no big libido increase from it. I always thought high quality tongat would really shine in this regard
That is typically a nice side effect of LJ, but results can vary with the individual (as is true of any supp really).

What's your current dosing protocol?

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1 cap I noticed very minimal effect, 2 caps and the familiar testbooster stir downstairs started.. with 3 caps I am ready to f... the world.. haha. I understand you have sleep issues but you shud test out 2 caps on some day where even if u wreck the sleep it wouldnt matter much the next day (weekend maybe)

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
1 cap I noticed very minimal effect, 2 caps and the familiar testbooster stir downstairs started.. with 3 caps I am ready to f... the world.. haha. I understand you have sleep issues but you shud test out 2 caps on some day where even if u wreck the sleep it wouldnt matter much the next day (weekend maybe)
This.

Recommendation is 2 caps (1AM, 1PM) @ 5 days on and 2 off.
Joshlm69 I would venture to say you'll notice a difference if you up the dosage a bit. If LJ gives you trouble sleeping try one AM and another cap late afternoon.

Let me know how it goes man.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
That is typically a nice side effect of LJ, but results can vary with the individual (as is true of any supp really).

What's your current dosing protocol?
Try playing with dosages as everybody is different. Start low and gauge it from there. And if low means less than a cap then so be it. This stuff is strong.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
2 caps was too much for me. I dropped to 1 cap and now currently running half cap (50mg) and loving it. I gauge by libido, body temp , and sleep patterns. When libido is down, sleep sucks, and I feel hot sorta.....I lower dosage by half and all the sudden everything goes the other way. Lol.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
2 caps was too much for me. I dropped to 1 cap and now currently running half cap (50mg) and loving it. I gauge by libido, body temp , and sleep patterns. When libido is down, sleep sucks, and I feel hot sorta.....I lower dosage by half and all the sudden everything goes the other way. Lol.
It certainly is potent. I'm glad you found your sweet spot with it!

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I've upped to 2 caps upon waking this AM. If sleep is effected badly I'll have to drop back to 1

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I'm gonna put an update in here in the next few days. A couple of the school's deadlines for PT applications are due Thursday and I've been swamped getting everything squared away. Stay tuned

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I have 3 capsules left in the 2nd bottle. The earliest appt I could get w the doc is on Monday morning. So I will hopefully have the post results up on here by tuesday

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
About to get blood drawn. Hopefully by tmrw I'll have the results.