Alpha Max +cremax log

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
First off let me say thanks to Perfomax For sending me this stack.
If you look at the profile these two products have great formulas. 8 Grams of creatine in cremax plus betaine+ taurine
Alphamax- a great mix of ingredients from 3-4 DV to arimistane and forsolkin 95%.

I am going to be tracking every macro for the next 4 weeks while running this stack not adding any calories or cardio. 3555 calories to be exact.
I am running a pull, push, legs workout, Power for first 3 days, day off then hypertrophy based for the next 3 days. This will also stay the same.
I am coming back from a knee injury and just getting back into squatting and deadlifting. I am back to deadlifting 505X5 and squatting 345(6) Looking to get my numbers back up to 600X4 and 405x6 soon enough.

Time to gain some muscle and some strength!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
in on this

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Plan is to dose this as follows: Alpha max 2 upon waking up, 2 about 8 hours later
Cremax- 1 scoops POWO.
Pull workout

Deads- 405(6) 455(6) 495(5)505(5)x2 sets- pretty happy with these Weight is going back up quick
Pull ups- 3 sets of 10 reps(30 second breaks)
HS Plate loaded Row(rear delt focused) 2plates+25(12)
Smith Machine Barbell rows- 2plates per side for 10(3 sets)
Tbar Pulldown-180,205,220,210(10)
Rear Delt Flies- 15lbs(20)x3 sets
Rear delt cable flies- 2 sets of 12 reps

Straight Bar Curls- 65,75,85(10) 115(10)- PR I think at least good form PR.
Double Cable Curls- 4 sets of 12 reps
Fat Grip Hammer Curls- 35(12)x3 sets-
Reverse Grip Hammer curls- 60(12)x2 sets 25 second breaks

Killed this workout, feeling really good too.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you can, try to dose the second serving of AlphaMax pre bed on an empty stomach. Also, a serving of CreMax is 8g, providing 5 grams of Creatine, not 8 grams of creatine. That would be way too much!

I also run a push/pull/legs, but alternate heavy and hypertrophy days. I don't know how one can run 3 heavy days in a row.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
If you can, try to dose the second serving of AlphaMax pre bed on an empty stomach. Also, a serving of CreMax is 8g, providing 5 grams of Creatine, not 8 grams of creatine. That would be way too much!

I also run a push/pull/legs, but alternate heavy and hypertrophy days. I don't know how one can run 3 heavy days in a row.

Just typed it wrong sorry, and I will try the second dose before bed. your body adjust with 3 heavy days I guess, I wish I can do all power days, but focus is hypertrophy in the long run

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just typed it wrong sorry, and I will try the second dose before bed. your body adjust with 3 heavy days I guess, I wish I can do all power days, but focus is hypertrophy in the long run
Do you deadlift on your pull days? If I didn't do one or the other, I could run all three heavy days in a row, but even after heavy deads, my legs are weakened.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Do you deadlift on your pull days? If I didn't do one or the other, I could run all three heavy days in a row, but even after heavy deads, my legs are weakened.
I do once a week sumo, once a week stiff, once a week regular

Push Grind!

Flat Bench- 275(7)280(7)285(7)295(7)300(7)- happy with this
45 degree incline Dumbell Press-90,95,95(8)
Decline HS press- 2 sets of 10 reps with 3 second squeeze at the top
Incline Flies-35,45,45(12)
Cable Crossovers-3 sets of 12 reps

Side laterals against 90 degree bench-25,30,30(10)
Side Cable Laterals SS with Rope front raise- 3 sets of 12
Seated Cable PRess-4 sets of 10
Like the cables for shoulders lots of good tension

Fat Grip Vbar pressdown-4 sets of 15
One ARm cable Ext-3 sets of 10
Reverse Grip bench-185,195(10 reps)

Overall good workout again

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Legs today

Squats- 275(10)x3 sets
Hack Squats0 2plates +25(10) 3plates(10)x2 sets
Goblet Squats- 110(10)x3 sets

Standing Leg Curls- 80,85,90(12)
Stiff Leg Deads- 225,235,245(12)
Donkey Calf raise- 3 sets of 15
Abductor-90,100,110,120(12)
Free motion calf raise- 3 sets of 20 reps

Overall loving leg training again after a 4 month lay off from being injured!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see you crushing you leg workouts after that injury!

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Back and Bis
Today I had a great pump, and my legs weren't that sore which was surprise considering yesterday was a good workout, who knows maybe the cremax and alphamax are enhancing the recovery from the get go. Or maybe I just went to light on the RPE scale yesterday. Either way don't want to go to nuts and re-aggravate my knee.

Seal Dumbell Rows- 70,75,75,80(7 reps)
Wide Grip Pull ups- BW+45(5)x2 sets BW+50(5)x2 sets
Pendlay Rows- 225,250,250,265(6)- love this movement all the way bent over straight rowing, using all back, really hits the core too

Tbar Cable Rows- 210,220,230(8)
Banded Lat Pulldown- [video=youtube;cv7CKUE_6c0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv7CKUE_6c0[/video]
Thats how ya set it up- love these
HS Plate loaded row- 4plates +25(7)x3 sets

Dumbell Curls- 45,55,55(8)
Reverse Curls- 70,80,80(10)
Preacher curls- 60,70,70(10) with straight bar ( done with 5 second negatives)

Killed it today, felt very full

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout. I'm jealous I'm still doing lame lifts trying to get back from extended time off.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
hows the sleep?

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Nice workout. I'm jealous I'm still doing lame lifts trying to get back from extended time off.

Yeah man I like the staples, but just adding a little twist on them every now and then. I am a huge believer in volume.
Sleep is pretty solid waking up feeling refreshed no complaints

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back and Bis
Today I had a great pump, and my legs weren't that sore which was surprise considering yesterday was a good workout, who knows maybe the cremax and alphamax are enhancing the recovery from the get go. Or maybe I just went to light on the RPE scale yesterday. Either way don't want to go to nuts and re-aggravate my knee.

Seal Dumbell Rows- 70,75,75,80(7 reps)
Wide Grip Pull ups- BW+45(5)x2 sets BW+50(5)x2 sets
Pendlay Rows- 225,250,250,265(6)- love this movement all the way bent over straight rowing, using all back, really hits the core too

Tbar Cable Rows- 210,220,230(8)
Banded Lat Pulldown- [video=youtube;cv7CKUE_6c0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv7CKUE_6c0[/video]
Thats how ya set it up- love these
HS Plate loaded row- 4plates +25(7)x3 sets

Dumbell Curls- 45,55,55(8)
Reverse Curls- 70,80,80(10)
Preacher curls- 60,70,70(10) with straight bar ( done with 5 second negatives)

Killed it today, felt very full
I've never seen Meadows do those before. I have my pull hypertrophy day on Friday and think I will try those. How do you loop the band on the bar?

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Have to stand up on the seat haha. Funny set up works great! Yeah meadows never did it but felt like it would be something he liked

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Today's Power day
Flat Bench 314(4)x4 sets 325(4)335(3)345(2) PR
Rope Ext- 3 sets of 10
Overhead Dumbell Ext 30(10)x3 sets
Cable one arm cross body ext- 4 sets of 10

Seated Machine side laterals- 3 sets of 12
Kettlebell side laterals 4 sets of 12

8 sets calf raises for 20 reps
then went on a 4 mile walk with my girlfriend!
Not bad , today I am going to throw in a cheat meal/free meal another 7-9 weeks left of gaining before a serious cut

So feeling strong recovery good no complaints

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
What do you think your cheat meal will be?
Making some homemade french fries from a yukon gold potato and a red potato, but some blue chips and some mrs refranos hot salsa, and will prob just have some ben and jerry froyo after nothing wild. My metabolism is moving pretty good at 3400 calories, and I want to try to push it to 3550 before I start a cut with cardio , I get lean very quick.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea the CreMax is likely helping a lot with the recovery aspect as this is exactly what is designed to do.

Really cool to see you doing those band pull downs. Charles Dixon, one of our sponsored athletes, does a lot of band work esepcially like that. We just posted a video with Dr. Trey Hodge and him explaning about Pull Downs with Bands, check it out:

[video=youtube;6978e8Oltio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6978e8Oltio[/video]

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
sick video thanks , charles is a brick house, tons of muscle! him and william bonac in the IFBB may pack the most muscle period per inch of height

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried those banded pulldowns with the elitefts red 40 lb band. I liked them. As I brought the bar lower and lower, the tension made it more difficult to do a complete rep. With my pullups, that is my weak point when I start getting fatigued. Is that the purpose of the band?

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
I tried those banded pulldowns with the elitefts red 40 lb band. I liked them. As I brought the bar lower and lower, the tension made it more difficult to do a complete rep. With my pullups, that is my weak point when I start getting fatigued. Is that the purpose of the band?

I just feel so much added tension that pure weight just can't add. I like going heavy- 6-10 reps but I imagine doing that with 12-20 would create a wild pump

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea to a certian degree the idea is to increase tension as you get closer to a full contraction, it makes the contraction more forceful and creates a much stronger squeeze at the bottom. With things like pulldowns you can do a very strong initial pull and create quite a bit of momentum to get the bar all the way down, the band decreases this momentum so your forced to continue to contract all the way to completion. Do a couple sets with the band and then take it off and do a set, youll see you automatically be contracting and squeezing much harder at the bottom of the movement!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea to a certian degree the idea is to increase tension as you get closer to a full contraction, it makes the contraction more forceful and creates a much stronger squeeze at the bottom. With things like pulldowns you can do a very strong initial pull and create quite a bit of momentum to get the bar all the way down, the band decreases this momentum so your forced to continue to contract all the way to completion. Do a couple sets with the band and then take it off and do a set, youll see you automatically be contracting and squeezing much harder at the bottom of the movement!
Good idea Aaron. Next week, after my final set, I will take the band off and see what happens!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I've been very restrained with band work, only using it for the big 3. Never thought of doing it for lat pulldowns or anything else really.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Back at IT

Squats- 315 6 sets of 6 reps- RPE 6.5-7 nothing wild, strength feels good
Deads- 405 5 sets of 6 reps- RPE 7 , again not that bad but easing into more volume for squats and deads

Standing Calf raise- 5 sets of 15 reps SS with tibialis machine
Jeffersons- 95, 100(8 reps)
Leg Ext- 180(10)x3 sets
Donkey Calf raises- 3 sets of 10 reps
Free motion calf toe press- 4 sets of 15 reps
4 sets of rope crunches

Overall today was really good, going to be on a modified smolov again now that the knee is good. Time to re-develop my legs and deadlifts. These numbers are going to come back really quick. Going to run this split for 6 weeks. Which should put me just about back to where I was before I got hurt.

Recovery is solid sleep is good, and gaining strength.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been very restrained with band work, only using it for the big 3. Never thought of doing it for lat pulldowns or anything else really.
I like to utilize bands for finishers as well. For example, my last set on tricep pressdowns, I will have the band set up on the handles for pullups. Once the set is completed, just turn and use the band for pressdowns til failure.

Another machine i like to use it on is the hammerstrength flat press. Not the one where you sit vertically, but the one where you lay down. Loop one end around the peg where you load the weight, bring the other end under the bench and loop it around the other peg. Really helps with the lock out..

Back at IT

Squats- 315 6 sets of 6 reps- RPE 6.5-7 nothing wild, strength feels good
Deads- 405 5 sets of 6 reps- RPE 7 , again not that bad but easing into more volume for squats and deads

Standing Calf raise- 5 sets of 15 reps SS with tibialis machine
Jeffersons- 95, 100(8 reps)
Leg Ext- 180(10)x3 sets
Donkey Calf raises- 3 sets of 10 reps
Free motion calf toe press- 4 sets of 15 reps
4 sets of rope crunches

Overall today was really good, going to be on a modified smolov again now that the knee is good. Time to re-develop my legs and deadlifts. These numbers are going to come back really quick. Going to run this split for 6 weeks. Which should put me just about back to where I was before I got hurt.

Recovery is solid sleep is good, and gaining strength.
Recovery is great when running both products simultaneously.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
I agree with that about recovery its nice this is my 4th leg day back and I am gaining strength quickly, its inevitable that I would regain my strength but its moving quick so today is day 6, can't wait to see how my strength is by the end of the bottle, hopefully back to 405 for 3-5 without knee wraps and deadlift back too 600 for 3-4 reps

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Today's workout

Flat Bench- 275 paused bench- 6 sets 6 reps- easiest this has ever felt, shoulder felt funny woke up and girlfriend was sleeping on it and it was just felt weird.

Wide Grip pulldowns- 180,190,200(12) really controlled
Tbar pulldowns- 180,190,200,205(10)
TBAR Seal rows- 135(12)x3 sets- love this bar its a bar I haven't seen to many places its a tad closer then my shoulder width feels great

HS Plate loaded row- 3pps+25, 3pps+25, 4pps(12)- really focused on the squeeze today
Pull ups- 4 sets of 8 reps

Overall listening to a lot of Dallas McCarver and Matt Jansen videos and philosphies mixed with heavy compounds, going to focus on really squeezing and feeling the back work instead of moving weight as much. Time to grow!

Sleep is good , recovery is good strength and pump is good. Not much to report after a week feel good in the gym!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today's workout

Flat Bench- 275 paused bench- 6 sets 6 reps- easiest this has ever felt, shoulder felt funny woke up and girlfriend was sleeping on it and it was just felt weird.

Wide Grip pulldowns- 180,190,200(12) really controlled
Tbar pulldowns- 180,190,200,205(10)
TBAR Seal rows- 135(12)x3 sets- love this bar its a bar I haven't seen to many places its a tad closer then my shoulder width feels great

HS Plate loaded row- 3pps+25, 3pps+25, 4pps(12)- really focused on the squeeze today
Pull ups- 4 sets of 8 reps

Overall listening to a lot of Dallas McCarver and Matt Jansen videos and philosphies mixed with heavy compounds, going to focus on really squeezing and feeling the back work instead of moving weight as much. Time to grow!

Sleep is good , recovery is good strength and pump is good. Not much to report after a week feel good in the gym!
Sounds like the combo is treating you well in your first week. This second week some report an increase in libido, sometimes weeks 3 it kicks in. You should definitely notice a drying out effect by the end of the second week.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Sounds like the combo is treating you well in your first week. This second week some report an increase in libido, sometimes weeks 3 it kicks in. You should definitely notice a drying out effect by the end of the second week.
Yeah we shall see
Legs today
Squats- 335 7 sets of 5 reps- RPE- 6.5-7 this wasn't that bad
Hack Squats- 4plates per side (5)x3 sets
One legged Leg press- 3 sets of 8
Leg Ext- 3 sets of 10(180lbs)

Lying leg curl- 4 sets of 10
Abductors- 4 sets of 10
Standing Leg Curls- 4 sets of 10

My recovery is improving and my big three are going up dramatically, I would say part is that I am trainng them again after a 16 week lay off, and I think having a solid recovery/creatine product plus the alphamax is doing the trick and proper sleep

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Keep it up!
So decided to give my shoulder one more day off and went in and trained back and biceps today and man did I have a silly pump.
Also celebrated my dads birthday yesterday had chicken marsalla and a piece of chocolate cake. So always get a good pump the day after I have a untracked meal.

Back
3 sets of 11 pull ups SS with 3 sets of band pull aparts
Barbell rows- 185,215,230,240(8) deadstop reps

Chest supported(elevated with step up underneath) Neutral Grip row- 3plates per side for 4 sets of 8 reps
Pulldowns- Reverse Grip 200(8)x2 sets, tbar 210(8)x2 sets, 1 arm 80(10)x2 sets
HS ISO high row- 100,110,120(12) Super squeeze reps

Fat Grip Barbell Curls- 95(10)x3 sets
Rope Hammer curls- 4 sets of 10
Grip Force Dumbell Curls SS with Reverse Grip EZ bar curls- 35(10) EZ BAR 50(10)

did 10 sets of calf raises after all of it, pumps were super strong!

Nothing but progress!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pumps and Cake what more could you need lol.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Pumps and Cake what more could you need lol.
PIZZA :)
Today's Power Lower day + Tricep Pump

Squats- 355x3 365 3x3 reps, 375x3reps 385x3reps 405x3reps, 415x3 reps
Deficit Stiff Leg Deads- 275(6) 325(6) 365(5)x2 sets
Hack Squats- 4plates(6) 5plates(5)
Standing Leg Curls- 110,120,125(8 reps)

Vbar Pressdown 50(20)x2 sets 55(20)x 2 sets- 30 second breaks
Reverse Grip Pressdown- 35(20)x3 sets
One arm crossbody rope ext-3 sets of 12

Overall great workout today, SUPER HAPPY with the squats

Looking by end of september to be repping 465 squats for 4 reps so lets keep the progress moving forward

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Judging by your log, you should be able to hit that goal.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Today was my first day benching in a week after taking the week of pressing due to some shoulder pain

Flat Barbell Bench - 275(6)x3 sets 280(6)x2 sets 285(6)- made my grip a tad more narrow
Side Laterals- 27.5(15)x3 35(12) 40(10)

Incline Dumbell Curls- 27.5(10)x3 sets 30(10)x2 sets
Hammer curls- 40,45,50,50(8 reps)
Reverse Grip Curl- 70,70,80(10)

Super High INcline HS press- 3plates -3 sets of 5(dead stop reps)
Barbell 21's 60,70- haven't done these in forever wanted to finish with them

Did 14 sets of calf work today through different tempos and 3 different machines and rep ranges want these things to come up!
Nothing but progress and work ethic going into each workout trying to improve

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
straight up killing it in here man. Keep it up

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Squats- 325 6 sets of 6 reps- felt great!
Sumo Deads- 425(6)x2 sets 440(6)x3 sets

Orange Banded Leg press- 4pps(8) 5pps(8) another goodie, slow and controlled then explode on the way up
Lying Leg Curls- 150,160,170(10 reps) super slow negatives with 2 second hold right before the bottom
Adductors- 2 sets of 10
Abductors- 3 sets of 12

Overall Really happy with today's workout the deadlift and squat progress , has been nothing but uphill. will be taking some updated pictures/video soon to see how my body has improved.
about a month ago I was squatting 135-185 for 8. I will be doing 340 next week 6x6 and 390 8x3 this week, super happy, will look like I was never injured soon enough

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great progress for 1 month. Glad your bouncing back so quick.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Great progress for 1 month. Glad your bouncing back so quick.
ME too
The workouts just keep getting better!

Flat Bench- 300lbs 7 sets of 5 reps

Meadows Rows/ deadstop- 3 45lb Plates 3(8 reps)
Pullups- BW+25(8)x3 sets, BW+30(8)x2 sets- possible PR
TBar Cable Rows- 200,210,210(8) last set triple drop set-
Seal Deadstop Dumbell rows- 50(10)x2 sets 60(10)

Cable Pullovers SS with Face Pulls- 3 sets of 12 reps- WILD PUMP
Rear Delt flies- 17.5(10)x2 sets 20(8)x2 sets

Really happy with the way everything is going.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Today's leg workout= Improving dramatically every workout

Squats- 355 6 sets of 5 reps, 365(5reps) overall these felt like speed work, and even did a few paused reps
Orange Banded Hack Squats- 3 sets of 5 reps with 4plates per side- these are GREAT
Standing Leg curls- 105,110,115(8)
Barbell Glute thursts- 325(6)x3 sets
Seated leg Curls- 4 sets of 10 reps

20 sets of calves on variety of machines different reps/tempos
Operation grow some calves

Couldn't really be much happier with my recovery/strength each workout, Feels so great to be training legs again!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Leg day, nothing better than not being able to get off the toilet lol.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Leg day, nothing better than not being able to get off the toilet lol.
Haha I don't go to failure or crazy hyper based so I am never insanely sore, at least in this training block

Today's Workout + PR

Flat Bench 315(4)x2 sets 320(4)x5 sets last set 320(6) PR- on last set killed it!

Back Work
Chest Supported Row(set up on incline so it simulates seal row)- 2plates+25(12) 2plates+35(12)x2 sets
Wide grip cable rows- 180,200,220,220,225(10)
3 sets of wide grip pull ups for 10 reps
Rope Seated Face pulls- 70(15)x3 sets
HS Dorian Row- 75(15)x4 sets

Biceps
Barbell curls- 85,95,115(10)
Seated Grip Force Hammer Curls- 27.5,30,30(12)
Dual Handle Cable Curls- 4 sets of 15
Overall terrific workout, very happy with the progress everything!

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
So today's workout was so different then anything I have done in a while. So with my 2 power leg days I will also be throwing in this GVT style day. WOW is all I can say

Squats- 275 10 sets of 10 reps- FELT LIKE CARDIO.
How the hell doug miller does this SS with leg press for 20 reps, shows why he is the champ.

6 sets of 12 rep calf raises-
one leg , leg ext- 50,60,70(15 reps)
Standing Leg curls- 90,95,95(15 reps)

Overall was done in about 45 minutes but terrific workout, loved the volume goal of mine is to be able to do 10x10 with 350lbs

After some pizza and canolis yesterday for a free meal, Overall just loving the process lately training is super fun which is why progress is being made IMO

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice weight foe 10x10. How long were youjr rest periods?