GET PUMPED! Olympus Labs HYDRO3 Log

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
The day has finally come. First off I want to give a shoutout to GNO and the Olympus Labs team for setting this up. Feel free to subscribe to the log and follow along!

Olympus Labs HYDRO3

The legendary “pump,” the feeling that bodybuilders chase after time and again, an indication that your body is supplying the key nutrients to your muscles, all the while making you look swole.

HYDRO3 benefits

Increased vasodilation
Increased pump
Increased recovery and hydration
Increased endurance
Blood pressure and cardiovascular regulator​

First Glance Thoughts:

Just looking at the ingredient profile of this product you know, this isn't another one of those BS supplements with a loaded prop. blend that doesn't work well. Hydro3 only has 3 ingredients with proven doses to deliver some real results. I was actually surprised when I opened the package, the bottle is HUGE and it is filled almost completely to the top. The entire bottle is 240 caps, which is incredible. Given the profile and amount of servings per container alone, this product is a no-brainer in terms of effectiveness and value.

STATS

height: 6'2"
weight: 185 pounds
estimated bodyfat: 8-10%
years of training: 5

DIET and TRAINING

I am currently coming out of a cutting phase, so I will be moving into a lean bulk for this log. My current diet as of now has me at a pretty low calories intake. I am currently eating around 2300 calories a day (40% pro, 30%carb, 30% fat). My plan is to slowly increase carbs and start putting on some size while continuing to stay as lean as possible.

My training schedule is 5 days per week, 6 if I have the time. I am doing a typical bodypart split with emphasis.

In honor of receiving Hydro3 today, I will begin my training tomorrow with an arm day. Couldn't be more excited to see what the product delivers. Until tomorrow ladies and gents!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed and FIRST! Christen the HYDRO3 with an arm day. I like it!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. Nitrates provide the best pumps by far. Hydromax is icing on the cake.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Couldn't wait for feedback, had to order some myself. Very interested to follow and hear others' experiences as well.

Reactions: GNO

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Arm day to start....Yeahhhh boyyyyy!!!!

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will start my HYDRO3 tomorrow,Chest and back workout..

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let the pump party commence :djparty:

Olympus Labs on the 1s & 2s throwing down the sick pumps!

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
subbed. excited to see what this brings to the pump game.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the support everyone. Glad to see so much support. Game on.

The Initiation: Arm Day

I felt it necessary to start off logging this product with an arm day, and I was VERY impressed. I took 2 caps about 20 minutes before I stepping into the gym, and washed it down with a scoop of BPI 1MR Vortex for a some energy. Here's what went down.

Seated Alternating Dumbbell Curls - 5 sets of 6-8 reps
Close Grip Bench Press - 5 sets of 6-8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Curls superset with Standing Resistance Band Curls - 4 sets 10-12 reps
Incline Skull Crushers superset with Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extensions - 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Dumbbell Preacher Curls superset with Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Cable Bicep Curls superset with Rope Tricep Pressdowns - 4 sets 12-15

First Impressions: Bottom line - Hydro3 is fantastic. I was able to get a pump only a few sets into my warmup sets, and I felt like my arms were going to explode during my working sets. I typically do a bicep movement and a tricep movement back to back to allow me to keep my tempo, but applying this while taking Hydro3 brought on a wicked pump. I felt full, vascular, and all sorts of pumped throughout my entire workout. My arms were pumped and full for hours after training as well, which was the icing on the cake. If you're a fan of the other top pump products out there (Hemavol, Noxygen, High Volume, etc.) then Hydro3 is definitely worth looking into. I can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow to get pumped.

Thoughts: Two thumbs all the way up for my first day trying this product, and I only took 2 caps. I really like the convenience of the caps compared to a powder form pump product. I feel that it will come in handy while traveling and overall convenience in the future. A

I highly recommend incorporating resistance bands as a drop set technique. The stretch that I get in my arms using resistance bands is unbelievable, and it helps deliver an intense pump.

Day one has me feeling stoked and confident that this product will not disappoint. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! I'll report back tomorrow with an update :)

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see how this train rolls!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Antagonist Annihilation: Chest and Back

Ever have one of those days when you hit the gym, you know your schedule is wide open for the day, and you feel like you could spend all day training? Well today was one of those days. Todays lifting was a high intensity, high volume training day that had me feeling incredible. I popped two caps of Hydro3 along with a scoop of ON's Pre-Workout and set out for the gym.

Deadlifts - pyramid style up to 3 sets of 3 at 425
Close Grip Pull-downs superset with Dumbbell Pullovers - 5 sets of 10-12
Wide Grip Pull-downs superset with Hammer Strength Rows - 4 sets of 8-10
Seated Close Grip Rows - 4 sets of 6-8; dropset on last set
Incline Dumbbell Press - pyramid style up to 3 sets of 5 with 110lb dumbbells
Cable Flyes superset with Body Weight Pushups 4 sets of 10-12
Decline Barbell Press superset with Svend Press BB press-pyramid style up to 3 sets of 5; Svend press-12-15 reps

The all around pump I got during this workout was insane. Hitting antagonist muscle groups allowed me to keep the intensity and get an epic pump. Hydro3 definitely set in quickly and I was almost immediately feeling pumped. Pullovers and Svend Presses were the two most noteworthy movements for the pump, I thought my chest and back were going to explode.

Really enjoying Hyrdo3 so far. I'm curious to see what a higher dose will bring, but I'm perfectly content with dosing 2 caps for now. With just 2 caps I feel a huge difference, and the pumps in the gym are unreal. I was really able to get a great mind-muscle connection in all of my movements today, which was a great feeling. The pump really helps to focus on the working muscle and it allows me to get a great squeeze and contraction.

Thanks again to everyone for the support! I definitely recommend Hydro3 to anyone who loves getting wicked pumps in the gym. These first two days have been legendary, and I'm excited to see what else Hydro3 has in store for me.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds Good! I started Hydro3 today at 4 caps and its the real deal..

Reactions: GNO
john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Monday Morning Madness: Legs

What's up guys. Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. Back to the grind.

I'm usually not a big fan of taking a pump product on leg day, the pump makes it difficult for me to get through the full range of motion. But, despite my prior problems with nitrates and pump products on leg day, I popped two caps about 20 minutes before the gym, stacked with a scoop of ON Pre-Workout.

Squats - pyramid up to 3 sets of 6 at 295
Smith Machine Squats - close stance - 4 sets of 12
Leg Press - pyramid up to 3 sets with 14 plates
Hamstring Hammer Strength superset with Leg Press Calf Raises - 4 sets 12-15
Lying Leg Curls superset with Leg Extensions - 4 sets to failure
Standing Calf Raise superset with Seated Calf Raise - 5 sets 10-15

All in all, this was a great workout. I really felt the Hydro3 kick in on the smith machine squats. I focus on keeping tension on my quads the whole time and not resting at the top, so the pump was epic. I also noticed that my calves got insanely pumped during my calf superset, it felt great. I was able to get a great hamstring contraction on the Hammer Strength Hamstring Curls due to the great pump I had. Leg Press was brutal, the burn was so intense. Really had a fun time training this morning. Excited to hit delts tomorrow morning. Stay tuned!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Boulder Shoulders

I was super excited to test out Hydro3 on shoulder day, getting a good pump in the delts is one of my favorite feelings. I've been focused on bringing my shoulders up for the past few months, so I've been focusing a lot on side laterals to create the round "3-D" look. I woke up at 4:30, popped two caps of Hydro3 with some ON Pre-Workout, and set out for the gym.

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press - pyramid up to 3 sets of 5 with 85 pound dumbbells
Standing Side Lateral Raises - 5 sets varied rep ranges, 10-20 reps per set
Seated Front Raises superset with Seat Rear Delt Raises 4 sets of 10-12
One Arm Barbell Side Lateral Raises superset with Cable Face Pulls - 4 sets of 8-12
Dumbbell Shrugs - 4 sets of 12-15
Machine Side Lateral Raises - 3 drop sets to absolute failure

I finished up my workout with 3 sets of 30 second intervals with the battle ropes to completely burn out my shoulders.

The pump I had in the gym was insane. My delts felt full and I was able to get a great contraction. I really felt a good contraction on the machine side lateral raises at the end of my workout. I felt great in the gym and Hydro3 delivered an epic pump. Definitely interested to see what 3 or 4 caps will bring!

Question: has anyone noticed an increase in DOMS while taking Hydro3? My first day taking it was Saturday, and my triceps are still sore, incredibly sore. I'm not sure if this is due to the Hydro3, my training volume, or something else. I'm curious to see if anyone else has noticed any similar effects with increased DOMS while taking Hydro3. I enjoy being sore, I'm just usually not this sore 3 full days after training a muscle. Let me know if you have any ideas or thoughts

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting about the DOMS, but makes sense. I will take note if I experience this as well. Today was my 2nd workout with Hydro3. But the 1st one wasn't a good workout due to some of pain/discomfort I was having. Today's Chest/Tricep session was a killer pump though.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Interesting about the DOMS, but makes sense. I will take note if I experience this as well. Today was my 2nd workout with Hydro3. But the 1st one wasn't a good workout due to some of pain/discomfort I was having. Today's Chest/Tricep session was a killer pump though.
Yeah definitely let me know man, I'm curious to see if anyone else has similar reactions. The pumps are insane though

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am doing 4 caps a day and today was Shoulders/Back..The pumps was very insane,and I had increase sweating..My Focus and Strength was Amazing!!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Boulder Shoulders

I was super excited to test out Hydro3 on shoulder day, getting a good pump in the delts is one of my favorite feelings. I've been focused on bringing my shoulders up for the past few months, so I've been focusing a lot on side laterals to create the round "3-D" look. I woke up at 4:30, popped two caps of Hydro3 with some ON Pre-Workout, and set out for the gym.

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press - pyramid up to 3 sets of 5 with 85 pound dumbbells
Standing Side Lateral Raises - 5 sets varied rep ranges, 10-20 reps per set
Seated Front Raises superset with Seat Rear Delt Raises 4 sets of 10-12
One Arm Barbell Side Lateral Raises superset with Cable Face Pulls - 4 sets of 8-12
Dumbbell Shrugs - 4 sets of 12-15
Machine Side Lateral Raises - 3 drop sets to absolute failure

I finished up my workout with 3 sets of 30 second intervals with the battle ropes to completely burn out my shoulders.

The pump I had in the gym was insane. My delts felt full and I was able to get a great contraction. I really felt a good contraction on the machine side lateral raises at the end of my workout. I felt great in the gym and Hydro3 delivered an epic pump. Definitely interested to see what 3 or 4 caps will bring!

Question: has anyone noticed an increase in DOMS while taking Hydro3? My first day taking it was Saturday, and my triceps are still sore, incredibly sore. I'm not sure if this is due to the Hydro3, my training volume, or something else. I'm curious to see if anyone else has noticed any similar effects with increased DOMS while taking Hydro3. I enjoy being sore, I'm just usually not this sore 3 full days after training a muscle. Let me know if you have any ideas or thoughts
I would think due to the increased vasodilation and hydration volume that the after effects of that leaving and the body trying to rebuild would indeed lead to a decent noticeable increase in soreness. I also would expect some form of shortened window as well if you are indeed still hydrating properly. As your bodys temp rises and falls and your HR as well the effects during I would believe to be quite "Demigod like" but the soreness to follow will be as well :)

This is def. just my opinion as it is bro-science until more individuals have successfully used fully

Props to the man whos doing GVT on week 2 of this :D

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would think due to the increased vasodilation and hydration volume that the after effects of that leaving and the body trying to rebuild would indeed lead to a decent noticeable increase in soreness. I also would expect some form of shortened window as well if you are indeed still hydrating properly. As your bodys temp rises and falls and your HR as well the effects during I would believe to be quite "Demigod like" but the soreness to follow will be as well :)

This is def. just my opinion as it is bro-science until more individuals have successfully used fully

Props to the man whos doing GVT on week 2 of this :D
Interesting thoughts, thanks for the input! I'm definitely noticing more soreness, which I kind of like. I know it doesn't correlate with muscle growth, but being sore makes me feel like I trained sufficiently haha. Thanks again man

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Any need for a pre workout then?
I've been taking a standard pre workout for focus and energy, but you definitely don't need anything for pump. Hydro3 delivers all the pump you could want, and then some.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Push/Pull: Chest and Back

Had a relaxing rest day yesterday, slept in and just recovered. I felt great this morning, woke up ready to hit the weights. Today I decided to dose 4 caps to see what it was all about, holy pump. I mainly focused on chest today, as my other chest and back day is more of a back dominant day. Here's the rundown.

Flat Barbell Bench Press - pyramid up to 3 sets of 4 at 275
Incline Dumbbell Press - 4 sets of 6-8
Dumbbell Pullover superset with Machine Flyes - 4 sets of 10-12
Incline Smith Machine Press superset with Lat Pull Downs - 4 sets of 8-10, last press set was a drop set to failure
Cable Flyes superset with Chest Supported Rows - 4 sets of 8-10

Finished off the workout with (5) 2 minute jump rope intervals with bodyweight dips during rest periods.

The workout overall felt amazing. Chest felt incredibly pumped and full, pulling my shirt at the seams! I felt a really nice contraction and pump on my flyes, and I was able to engage my lats fully on the chest supported rows. Note: If you like to jump rope, be careful with Hydro3 - my calves were pumped as hell after my second interval. The burn got really intense toward the end, and my calves were bulging like crazy haha. It felt awesome. Another great workout in the books for Hydro3, 4 caps is definitely all you'll ever need for achieving an insane pump.

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Seriously even if I don't do chest I feel pumped up, really liking this stuff so far

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't able to post yesterday, I ended up working late and couldn't get to post. I trained shoulders and legs yesterday, dosing 3 caps pre workout. The delt pump was absolutely incredible, and my leg presses were epic. I got a deep burn on leg press and leg extensions, it was brutal. I think going forward I may experiment with a lower dose (1 cap) on leg day. The pump is just too much to handle, and the intense burn makes it difficult for me to hit muscular failure. We'll see how 1 cap treats me.

Ripping those Sleeves: Arm Day

Today I hit arms, dosed 3 caps pre workout. I also included have a serving of PES High Volume and some ON Pre-Workout. By far, the best pump I've ever had in the gym. Today was all about supersets, and man oh man was it good.

Standing EZ Bar Curls superset with Camber Bar Tricep Pressdowns - 5 sets 6-8 reps
Single Arm Preacher Curls superset with Skull Crushers - 4 sets 10-12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Curls superset with Tricep Kickbacks - 4 sets 8-10 reps
Rope Hammer Curls superset with Rope Tricep Pressdowns 5 sets 12-15 reps

Finished my arm work with intervals of jumping rope and some ab work.

I typically start my workouts with a hoodie on to get nice and toasty. I wasn't even feeling too warm into my first few sets, but I could feel my arms filling my sweatshirt sleeves out - it was epic. As soon as the hoodie came off, it was game time. I felt full and incredibly pumped during this workout. My sleeves were stretching the entire time, and the contractions I was able to get were better than ever before. It was amazing. Another great workout in the books, Hydro3 is seriously awesome.

Progress Update: My body weight has slowly been climbing, I'm up about 1.4 pounds since last weekend. I'm trying to stay as lean as possible so I've been continuing to cycle my carbs throughout the week and I've been focused on eating a consistent amount. Hydro3 has been helping me feel vascular and pumped all day. I train in the morning, but I still feel full and tight into the evening, I love the feeling. Hoping to continue to put on about a pound a week and continue to assess my physique each week and make sure I'm staying honest with my diet.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are u dosing HYDRO3 on your days off from training?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Are u dosing HYDRO3 on your days off from training?
Yessir. I've been dosing 2 caps on my rest days. I didn't notice too much, slightly more vascular, but nothing crazy. I will continue to dose on my off days and see if I notice anything more noticeable such as lower recovery time and muscle fullness

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yessir. I've been dosing 2 caps on my rest days. I didn't notice too much, slightly more vascular, but nothing crazy. I will continue to dose on my off days and see if I notice anything more noticeable such as lower recovery time and muscle fullness
What weight are you at? Sounds like 3-4 caps has been treating you nicely, but that some workouts may need lower dosing.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
What weight are you at? Sounds like 3-4 caps has been treating you nicely, but that some workouts may need lower dosing.
That's the conclusion I came to also. I'm currently weighing in between 185 and 190. On arm day and most upper body days, 4 caps has been treating me very well. However, I can't handle that dose on leg day. It really impedes my performance and ability to reach failure. I trained legs this morning after dosing just one cap, and I felt much better. I'll elaborate on the workout and details in a few hours! Loving Hydro3 so far though, this stuff is awesome

Weathermark

Weathermark

Awards
  • Established
Yes two caps is doing me good. Insane pumps while depleted....dont get any better than that ?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Chest and Back Attack

I'm a day late to posting this, but yesterday was an epic chest and back day. I had a refeed on Saturday night so I was charged up and ready to hit the weights hard on Sunday. I popped 4 caps and hit the weight room.

Landmine Rows - 5 sets 8-10
Close, Medium, and Wide Grip Pulldowns - 3 sets of each grip for 10-12 reps
Dumbbell Pullovers Superset with Dumbbell Rows - 4 sets 6-8
Seated Row with medium width grip - 4 sets 8-10
Incline Dumbbell Press - 5 sets 5-8
Incline Dumbbell Flyes - 4 sets 10-12
Cable Flyes superset with Rope Pullovers - 4 sets of 10-12

This workout was packed with volume, and the pump I got was insane. I felt a great contraction on all of my rowing movements, my lats felt massive. I'm really feeling the soreness today, my whole back is tight. I was able to rep the 110lb dumbbells for 3 sets of 5 reps, and I felt a great pump in my chest and I was really able to establish a solid mind-muscle connection. Dosing 4 caps is no joke, the pumps are just unreal.

Today - I hit a high volume leg workout this morning, and I didn't take any Hydro3 pre-workout. I felt that I was able to push my sets to failure better without having to deal with the insane burning in my legs from Hydro3. I'm going to experiment dosing with 1 cap next time I train legs to see how it feels. I enjoy the pumped feeling in my legs, its just frustrating when it interferes with my form and reaching failure. I dosed 2 caps later on in the day, almost like a rest day dosing protocol. I'll be hitting delts and arms tomorrow morning, so 4 caps are on the menu.

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. I appreciate all the support!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still killing it brother!!

Thought I would follow up on the DOMS issue. I have not yet experienced an increase in them at all. Now to be fair I am on a cycle of RAD and Test. But I sure as hell pumped the delts and pecs hard today with the help of 4 caps. If I were going to get any increase in DOMS from this, it would be after today's session.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also I jump rope a few times a week, and the forearm pump is intense with the Hydro3. Could barely speed bag after.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Also I jump rope a few times a week, and the forearm pump is intense with the Hydro3. Could barely speed bag after.
Jumping rope while taking Hydro3 is intense. I get the most insane pumps haha, its awesome. I feel like the speed bag would be tricky too. Let me know if you get any noticeable increase in DOMS, I'd be curious.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Delts and Arms

If there was any day of training where I'd notice Hydro3 working, this would be it. And I most certainly got some amazing pumps today. I dosed 4 caps pre-workout and took it with ON Pre-Workout, the Pineapple flavor is on point. I did my typical band warm up as usual, and a few light sets to get warm.

Dumbbell Seated Military Press - 5 sets 6-8
Seated Lateral Raises superset with Dumbbell Front Raises - 4 sets 10-15
Cable Lateral Raises superset with Rope Face Pulls - 4 sets 12-15
Hammer Strength Military Press superset with Standing DB Bicep Curls - 10 sets of 10 (brutal)
Tricep Pressdowns - 4 sets 8-10
Cable Tricep Kickbacks superset with Preacher Curls - 4 sets 10-12
DB Shrugs - 4 sets 8-10

Today's pump was so incredible. I felt great my entire workout, and I got a great pump in my delts and arms. I really felt the Hydro3 kick in during my 10x10 superset, which kicked my ass. I was able to get a full night sleep last night, which is rare for me. I felt great in the gym and I was happy with my volume and intensity. Hydro3 has been amazing. Tomorrow will be a rest/cardio day. I plan to pop 2 caps with breakfast and see how I feel during the day.

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Jumping rope while taking Hydro3 is intense. I get the most insane pumps haha, its awesome. I feel like the speed bag would be tricky too. Let me know if you get any noticeable increase in DOMS, I'd be curious.
What kills me is drop sets!! On the last set I'll drop let's say on DB row from 80x8, to 60x8, and when I drop the 3rd or 4th time it's so fricken painful! In a good way :)

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I can already answer it. Usually don't feel DOMS until next morning (when I do get them), but already have them in upper chest and front delts from this morning's session. Definitely has not been the norm lately.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1440604990.700131.jpg

So today I went to dose 2 caps, today is my rest day, and I found this broken cap in my bottle. I wasn't too thrilled about it, but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced or come across any damaged caps.

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
View attachment 123116

So today I went to dose 2 caps, today is my rest day, and I found this broken cap in my bottle. I wasn't too thrilled about it, but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced or come across any damaged caps.
I've opened both of my bottles, haven't seen a broken cap yet

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
What kills me is drop sets!! On the last set I'll drop let's say on DB row from 80x8, to 60x8, and when I drop the 3rd or 4th time it's so fricken painful! In a good way :)
Drop sets ruin me! The pump is so intense when I add in drop sets, painfully fantastic.

Well I can already answer it. Usually don't feel DOMS until next morning (when I do get them), but already have them in upper chest and front delts from this morning's session. Definitely has not been the norm lately.
I agree. I feel like my muscles are still incredibly pumped the night of my training session, but I feel soreness begin to set it much earlier than I'm used to. I like being sore though, I know that my body is recovering and I am growing. I love the pumped/DOMS feeling I've been getting. Its awesome

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've opened both of my bottles, haven't seen a broken cap yet
Hopefully there aren't any more broken caps in my bottle. I'll be on the look-out though. Thanks for the response bro

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Back and Chest, Pump Obsessed

Alrighty ladies and gents, happy Thursday. I felt very rested after my off day yesterday, jumped out of bed and I was ready to train. Chest and back days are one of my favorite days, the pump is always incredible. I popped 3 caps with my ON Pre-Workout, and headed off the the gym.

Barbell Flat Bench Press - pyramid up to 5 sets of 5
Smith Machine Incline Press - 4 sets of 8-10
Dumbbell Pullover superset with Dumbbell Flyes 4 sets of 10-12
Dumbbell Incline Press superset with Lat Pull-downs (wide grip) - 5 sets of 6-8
Hammer Strength Rows superset with Cable Flyes 4 sets of 8-10
Seated Rows superset with Pushups - 4 sets 8-10, pushups to failure (aka 10-12 pushups, I was beat)

The workout overall was excellent. Once again, right after my first warm-up sets on the bench I was able to feel a great contraction in my chest, I could really squeeze and feel the blood filling my chest. I love that Hydro3 kicks in quickly, so you can immediately obtain a mind-muscle connection within the first few sets. Sometimes it takes me a bit longer to really get that squeeze and contraction, so I've been loving this so far. Moving into my back movements, my entire upper body felt pumped and full. I was stretching my shirt in all directions, it was fun.

I really felt that 3 caps served me well. It was intense, but not overpowering. There have been a few workouts where 4 caps just seemed to be a little too much "burn" while lifting, so I feel that 3 caps is the sweet spot.

Excited to hit some legs and delts tomorrow. I hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders and Legs

The weekend is finally here, and I was amped to hit the weights this morning. I only took 2 caps since I had prior issues with training legs dosing 4 caps. I took 2 caps about 20 minutes before my workout with some BPI 1MR Vortex.

One Arm Lateral Raise Dropsets - 3 dropsets, 35, 25, 15 - 12 reps with each weight
Smith Machine Military Press superset with Machine Rear Delts - 4 sets of 8-10
Seated Dumbbell Front Raises superset with Dumbbell Side Raises - 3 sets of 12-15
Upright Rows superset with Machine Side Laterals - 4 sets of 10-12
Close Stance Squats - 4 sets of 15 @ 225
Leg Press - 3 sets of 10-12
Leg Extension superset with Standing Calf Raises - 3 sets to failure (12-15 reps)

This workout had me feeling great. I enjoyed the pump during my shoulder work, and I was able to get a nice contraction and burn in my legs. My high rep squat work was burning like crazy, but I really enjoy the mental strain of higher rep squats. I am constantly telling myself that I have one more rep, and the last few reps of my 4th set were brutal. Overall, great workout and great pumps. My pants were feeling snug on my quads when I put them on for work, hopefully I don't rip em.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
john.patterson you've inspired me to want to break open my HYDRO3. It will happen this weekend. :D