CL White Rapids Log and Review

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shout out to CL and Sean for shooting me a tub of this. I thought it was going to be a mini one to just get impressions....but I got a full 50 servings (gonna last awhile!).

Going to approach this a bit different than some of my past logs. I probably won't get to it everyday (I train 6 days a week) and won't be writing out every single thing I do each session, I am going to spend more time highlighting the effects I do/don't see with White Rapids.

Blah blah blah, with that said some quick background:

Stats:
Small aka
5'8
170lbs
Body Fat Low (not exact deal with it) :)

Other Supplements (not much right now):
Amino IV + 25-50g CHO (Gatorade) during training
Ergonine
Beta Alanine
-Note that I just came off a vacation so used it as a time to take a "break" and only start back up with minimal products. Currently have not used a stimmed pre-workout in awhile (more on stim use a little further down).

Diet:
Not of fan of trying to categorize it, but pretty much IIFYM with heightened emphasis on meal timing/food sources, with RP being the closest to what I do. Basically higher carb on higher volume training days.

Daily schedule usually falls like this for example (Protein evenly split between meals):
Wake up
Meal 1 + Coffee (pretty much only stims I normally have or have been doing for last several months): Moderate CHO/Low Fat
Workout: BCAA/EAA + CHO
PWO Meal: High CHO/Low Fat
Meal 2: High Carb/Low Fat
Meal 3: Low Carb/High Fat
Meal 4: Low Carb/High Fat
Sleep
Anyone who cares can ask and I'll go more in depth.

Training:
Tuesday-Sunday (Monday off)
To keep it short, it is highly varied, but I do a lots of everything. Lately I have been really breaking it down and doing tons of stuff I suck at and am in much better shape than the past. I'll highlight workouts as I go through them during the week as needed.

Sorry, not much to say at the start! ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 1 review will be up this weekend. I will say initially I've only gone with 1 scoop so far though, and had pretty positive experience. :)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In. I haven't had any complaints with this product so far

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 1 Review:

Taste:
I got Fruit Punch. Honestly I am not a big FP fan and don't really care for the other CL FP flavors. If you like those you'll probably love this. I don't think it tastes bad and I have zero issues drinking it, but I don't crave it. Does have a bit of a mouth feel, but nothing bad, just not water thin.

Mixability:
Pretty much perfect, I've noticed no issues.

Profile:
I like the non-prop. At two scoops the caffeine content is a bit high for me currently (based on the look, the mix of the two kinds may make it feel different though so I will try 2 scoops soon). The amounts of Agmatine, Glycerol and Citrulline Malate should be plenty adequate for pump, I look forward to noting effects on performance. I personally would like a bit more Alpha-GPC, but look forward to seeing how it mixes with the other focus/stims for the feel. Overall looks like one of the better comprehensive pre-workouts on the market. Nothing crazy, but very solid.

Initial Use (1 week) Thoughts:
Ok so I tried this stuff out in a couple different ways, but still only at 1 scoop.
1) Typical 30 minutes pre roughly 90 minutes after eating.
2) Upon waking before breakfast (pre-workout meal), then training roughly 90 minutes later (this is how most days are and this replaced my morning coffee or only stim I have had for awhile).
So far I do notice a solid boost in both scenarios.
-In scenario 1 I did have to take it this weekend after a 9-5 shift of meetings (always zap me and kill motivation) and went on to have a super productive session.
-Taking upon waking it "hits" me a little harder and faster and I do still feel it for several hours so it gives me plenty of boost for my session as well.
-No big pumps or performance boosts too much yet, but I'll keep an eye on it as last week was also first back from a break.
-Not much to say from first week other than solid focus and mild stim at 1 scoop. :thumbsup:

Vid to prove I lift (3 reps 2ct Pause DL EMOM for 10 @315):
[video=youtube;KtaiCE_arHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtaiCE_arHQ[/video]

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More coming soon! Also those DL were possibly the toughest EMOM ever, I was FRIED (also idk why I dropped every rep, my thumbs hurt I think, but really I was kind of blacking out and realized it after ha). The 1 1/4 squats in the next EMOM though.............dead.

:)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 2 Initial Impressions:

Taste:
Idk this has grown on me a bit. Again it isn't something I'd crave, but I water it down a bit more and it does get me enjoying drinking quite a bit. Also since I take it mostly first thing upon waking it helps me get plenty of water first thing in the morning. :D

Effects:
Been going with 1.5 scoops upon waking the last two days (and some a little while ago when I woke up). Stronger kick, more focus (man was I zoned in while scrambling some eggs ;)), and vascularity was up a bit over last week. Maybe a little more stimulation than I'd like, but part of that is how hot it is lately. I find that I don't want too much stim in this heat because I am dying by the end of training and too much stim seems to be screwing with my internal RPE on things as well.

Workout Example:
Here is the layout of how training has looked on certain days, just to give an example of what I am doing.

Squat EMOM 10 at 60% (Beltless Highbar) x 5
245lbs x 5 x 10
-This was rough, any EMOM is rough though on big movements like squats and deads. Serious pump by the end.

Overhead Press 10 x 4 at 90% of 10rm
105lbs x 10 x 4
-BRB still poverty overhead strength.

SLDL EMOM 10 at 60% (Beltless conventional) x 3
265lbs x 3 x 10
-Pretty easy other than sweating insane amounts.

Row 1000m @8-9 RPE x 3 with 1:1 work:rest ratio

-3:40, 3:48, 3:51

[video=youtube;kXhc42PxvtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXhc42PxvtI[/video]

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice weight movin as usual, man. That's pretty awesome you're getting some good effects off 1.5 scoops.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll get a full week 2 update after my last lift this week tomorrow.

Yesterday was my weekly running adventure. The majority of then are recovery runs. I hit 60 minutes (duration PR) @6 RPE.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1437260696.073712.jpg

I didn't take White Rapids directly before my run, but took it after a nap as a pick me up a few hours before running. I do like the way 1 scoop hits me (pleasant boost and no uneasiness).

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oooof that's about 6.62 miles too long for me lol Nice time, man.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 2 Review:

Taste:
Grown on me. I use a solid amount of water (2-4oz more than recommended per scoop) and find it refreshing. Still not my favorite, but definitely several notches above some of the crappy fruit punches out there.

Most of this week was at still 1 scoop or 1.5 scoops:
-Definitely a bigger kick at 1.5. I am unsure if I'll even jump to 2 scoops any time soon. Maybe I'll take it on the morning of my off day to get a feel, but I think it would be a bit more stim than I want for my lifts right now.
-Took it a couple times this week when I was feeling tired/less motivated. It got me rolling and ready to go. I don't need the boost to get to the gym, but it is nice for those later day sessions when I've been working for awhile and can use a mental boost.
-Performance increases were more apparent this week. Better endurance and some more apparent pumps. Nothing that negatively effected my lifts, but I could feel certain areas swelling up with increased blood flow (those EMOMs had me pumped in the legs), but was still able to push through the burn.
-Side benefit is it has made my morning e-mails before training more effective when I take it then. ;)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me know if you'd want to try a scoop of pineapple if you're curious. It's nice that you're able to stretch that container out ~50ish sessions. I have Minime #2 keeping me up at night so two scoops is the only way I'll go lol

Your EMOMs seem brutal btw

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
in to follow the remaining few weeks of this. Picked up some pineapple the other day.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me know if you'd want to try a scoop of pineapple if you're curious. It's nice that you're able to stretch that container out ~50ish sessions. I have Minime #2 keeping me up at night so two scoops is the only way I'll go lol

Your EMOMs seem brutal btw
Ya I've severaly cut down my stim intake this year. Helps stretch out stim products. :)

I literally had to double check to make sure I was using the right percentages on the EMOMs. This past sunday I did 60% x 5 x 10 minutes on the Pause DL and 65% x 3 x 10 minutes on the 1 1/4 squats and again thought I'd die. :(

in to follow the remaining few weeks of this. Picked up some pineapple the other day.
Thanks for following along!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I suck at this reviewing stuff, feel like I keep losing my days. :(

So last week I PRd on some mile running, finally squatted heavyish with some speed and no issues, handstand walked all over the place, ate some more ice cream and of course took my White Rapids.

Week 3 Review:

Taste:
Ok I like this stuff now. :eek:

Back to 1 scoop:
-It is way too hot here, too much sweating and too much stim has me feeling like death. 1 is enough to get me rolling and honestly packs a nice focus and mental boost punch.
-Work and life has been crazy, 1 scoop as a energy drink replacement has been quite effective. Also ensures if I need to lift anything real quick I'll be ready. ;)
-Endurance is up, recovery is slightly improved, and I am noticing much less muscular fatigue (particularly burning and deathly feelings) with my EMOMs compared to several weeks ago.
-Vascularity is up despite feeling a bit bloated lately (this crazy sweating and trying to stay hydrated is causing havoc lol).
-Muscle fullness is solid too, decent pumps, mostly an ability to feel the muscle I want to work in situations I do want to feel it.

I'll try and get better updates and more specifics this week. I can definitely tell it is doing something well and it is one of my more preferred energy boosts lately. It doesn't kick me in the face, but lasts quite awhile, and this is all at predominantly 1 scoop.

Bc I skwat:
[video]https://instagram.com/p/5ctji8yv_H/?taken-by=leach_says[/video]

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, I appreciate the quality of your posts over the quantity. You're giving it a damn good review.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man, I appreciate the quality of your posts over the quantity. You're giving it a damn good review.
Thanks!

So during workout recovery has been great, pushing pretty hard, so hard I was already sore last night from yesterday's morning session....but I feel pretty good this morning.

Yesterday I hit:
265lbs x 4 EMOM x 10 minutes on Squat (no belt, high bar)
115lbs x 8 x 5 sets on Strict Press (so hard...90% of an 8rm I got last week)
245lbs x 5 EMOM x 10 minutes SLDL (I was sweating so hard I couldn't even chalk up enough to save my grip)
then some conditioning
I thought I was going to die. :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been a little bit. I'm about ready to give some more thoughts. I spent the last week trying some different stims/pres in the same way I had used white rapids so that I could compare (to see how effective it was in particular compared to past favorites).

Also got a pineapple sample to try this week.

If it means anything tho I do plan to keep this in the stash (whenever it runs out because this tub seems endless! Aka valueeee).

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been a little bit. I'm about ready to give some more thoughts. I spent the last week trying some different stims/pres in the same way I had used white rapids so that I could compare (to see how effective it was in particular compared to past favorites).

Also got a pineapple sample to try this week.

If it means anything tho I do plan to keep this in the stash (whenever it runs out because this tub seems endless! Aka valueeee).
Look forward to it! Lemme know what you think of Pineapple. I've tried that and the Fruit Punch now.