tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Controlled Labs "White Rapids" & RTS

First, shout out to Sean for sending me a full 50 serving of CL White Rapids.

Flavor: Electric Lemonade
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1435796561.595231.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1435796573.345075.jpg

I actually received the bottle on Monday after I already worked out and Tuesday's are an off day from the gym, So...today was my first dose. Went ahead and jumped straight Into 2 scoops to get the 6g CM and 2.5g TMG.

I really screwed up with the amount of powder to water ratio I originally tried the two scoops with 8oz of water.. Tart as can be and a big mistake lol so I added four more ounces.. Again, mistake. Still tart and the flavor was still very strong. Eventually I made it to 17oz. Perfect.

The product mixed GREAT. Old GMS didn't mix for and would float on top. The energy was smooth, they product nailed the caffeine amount for me..

My program doesn't have a lot of volume per se. I don't really get "teh phumps" anymore until Saturday's (my GPP/fluff and fun day)

Today was good. Since I cut from 152lb down to 139 my strength has taken a good hit . But today I PRd at this weight (140lb)

Deads (hook grip)
385x2 @9
https://instagram.com/p/4nPoEsAgyi/
Two board bench
255x2 @9

Edit: supplement disclosure
Soy lecithin granules 3tbsp two hrs pre workout
Multivitamin
Psyllium Husk

Dats it mayne. I've become a minimalist lol which is a good thing...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I mixed mine up with a bit less than optimal my first session too haha Today it was just right. How's it taste? I have pineapple on my end.

Oh, you are all that is man for hook gripping it.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The taste is great. I little bit more tart than purple wraaths lemonade but still great.

Which, I've liked CL for a while now. Used purple wraath through my BB comp along with the powdered orange triad + greens. And will continue to buy purple wraath.

That is another staple I keep Bcaas/EAAs. Oh and protein. But a single 5lb tub lasts me forever

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks good man. Lemonade would be the flavor I purchase in the future. Stim wise it's on point? How would it be with a bronkakd in the mix?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In! Not even any creatine, tyga? I think I couldn't live with myself, eschewing it....

And Sean1332 just received my awesome CL hookup from the White Rapids promo - 3 full tubs of White Rapids (Lemonade, Pineapple, & Fruit Punch), a CL Beanie, and a CL Blender Bottle. It was after my training session of course but dang am I excited for Friday to come lol! Seriously can't believe the amount of swag Controlled Labs hooked me up with; everything from them has always been of such high quality and I imagine White Rapids will be of similar form.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. Are you normally a stim PWO person?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks good man. Lemonade would be the flavor I purchase in the future. Stim wise it's on point? How would it be with a bronkakd in the mix?
For me the stim was perfect. For some reason my tolerance has actually come down for stimulants the last year or so. White Rapids kept me tuned in my whole workout, no complaints there!

If you decide to pop a bronkaid I'd make a decision. Either 1/2 a bronkaid and two scoops WR or 1 bronkaid and 1 scoop WR. If even err on the side of caution and start with 1/2 bronkaid and 1 scoop WR.
In! Not even any creatine, tyga? I think I couldn't live with myself, eschewing it....

And Sean1332 just received my awesome CL hookup from the White Rapids promo - 3 full tubs of White Rapids (Lemonade, Pineapple, & Fruit Punch), a CL Beanie, and a CL Blender Bottle. It was after my training session of course but dang am I excited for Friday to come lol! Seriously can't believe the amount of swag Controlled Labs hooked me up with; everything from them has always been of such high quality and I imagine White Rapids will be of similar form.
Mother bear

Yes, I use creatine HCL. Have been for the last four months.. It's become such a regime for me to toss it into my pre workout I forgot about it!

Disclosure supplement list:
Creatine HCL
Psyllium husk 5-8g daily
Multivitamin
Soy lecithin granules 3tbsp daily
*occasional melatonin when I really can't sleep

Promise that's everything!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed. Are you normally a stim PWO person?
Yes sir. I've used non stimulated pre workouts in the past. They're great, but I prefer SOME stim for me preworkout.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for this. I got the fruit punch and will start up a log when I get back home from vacation.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for this. I got the fruit punch and will start up a log when I get back home from vacation.
Nice. Enjoy the vacay

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thinking of doing the 10k calorie challenge tomorrow just for fun. Thoughts?

1. Yes I'll be training at some point
2. I don't care if I gain 10-12lbs in one day ~ I'll baseline in a few (maybe a week lol) days
3. What should I throw in to the day?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do it!
-Edy's Slow Churned Drumstick Iced Cream
-Drive to KC and get ribs and burnt ends from Gates or Jack Stack
-Homeade peanut butter bars (graham cracker, butter, confectioners sugar, peanut butter, chocolate)
-Chicken Parmesan

^Theres your breakfast

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do it!
-Edy's Slow Churned Drumstick Iced Cream
-Drive to KC and get ribs and burnt ends from Gates or Jack Stack
-Homeade peanut butter bars (graham cracker, butter, confectioners sugar, peanut butter, chocolate)
-Chicken Parmesan

^Theres your breakfast
breakfast

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Day II

Two scoops CL White Rapids with 16oz water. This was actually spot on with the amount of WR I used (two level scoops ~ not packed)

Elbow flossing
Lax smash (glute, psoas)
Banded distractions

Again both servings mixed real well. I use a blender bottle and I shook it 5-7 times I think? And every thing was mixed in. I have a habit of "swirling" my shaker cup even if there is nothing to swirl lol

Training today went really WELL. I actually noticed when the stimulant aspect kicked in (3rd warm up set working towards my top set). Fatigue has decreased as well.

I won't bore you guys with my entire workout so I'll just post my top sets.

Pause squats (3ct)
265x5 @9

TNG bench
230x3 @9
https://instagram.com/p/4rw4wmgg_z/
DB military
65x6 @9

15min MISS

Oh and as far as the 10,000 cal day goes, I've managed:

2 Pb&j sandwiches (1030 cal)
32 pieces sushi (1680 cal)

I don't know if I'm going to make it lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You're doing it wrong - if you wanna hit 10k calories, you need to maximize your fats. Get on that pizza and gravy train, dawg! I had Jack Stack's burnt ends last year in KC, and it is pretty dope. Make sure you get the creamed fried corn if you go - you know, to make sure you hit your macros hard ;)

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shots of olive oil, pizza covered in oil, ice cream, peanut butter. Follow up a full belly of savory foods with more sweet foods, the feeling of satiety is linked to one or the other. Combining both skips that protective response.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pounded this
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1435958275.852955.jpg
about an hour ago.

350g Edy's frozen peanut butter pie custard ice cream
(8) chips ahoy Reese's cookies
35g Reese's she'll topping

Another 1672 calories to add to that total lol I'll be lucky to hit 6k by midnight.

What's nice about this, tomorrow is my GPP day and fluff work. So, 1000g carbs + white Rapids on my high rep/volume day should be a nice time. Will report tomorrow.

*didnt have a bowl big enough for the dessert lol so had to use Tupperware. That tup lyfe

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAA AND DONUTSSSSSSSS
Pizza rolls count? Going to kill a bag + hot wings.

Fats on fats, on fats.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1435977813.154643.jpg

Tapping out. If I continue to eat, one of two things will happen.

1) overnight diabetes
2) heart attack

Lol. I'm too full.. If I ever do this again, I'll change what I do after eating. I literally ate and sat after every meal except breakfast.

Tomorrow should be a good workout.

Am weight- 139.8
Weight now- 142.9

I've got fasted training tomorrow as well.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10k worth of calories would cause me to explode!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day III

Two scoops WR with 16oz water

Green mini band deads
330x4 @9 ~ PR

Decline bench
235x7 @9 ~ PR

Fluff stuff/crap I threw in
Stiff leg DB ham 35x12x3
Seated DB curl 20x15x3
D hand close grip pull down 80x10x2
DB row 65x10x2
Donkey Calf raises 180x10x3

The pump was REAL gentlemen. PR'd twice as well. I don't know what the deal is, but since I've started WR I've been getting back pumps? I've used everything that's in this formula before besides the 6g CM.

Thoughts Sean?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back pumps? No idea, man. I've never seen anyone ever mention that with CM. Hm

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haven't either. Idk, could just be a coincidence the last two workouts.

We will see

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've never gotten back pumps from cit mal alone - only 2 things have given me backpumps, and I've had a lot of them: strong orals, and pulling with too much back on deadlift with a GOOD pump product. Not to say you're doing it wrong, just that if there's a lot of erector activation (doing 3x12 on GMs, for example) with a good pump pre- you're gonna get some flooding. Just means WR is delivering in spades.

I stopped using pump products on lower body days on the Cube a year ago. Now I"m getting back to using them even then, as it's off-season and growth is needed. But the pain is real lol.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6495 calories =back pump

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
6495 calories =back pump
I was actually at 7000. I ate two more ice cream sandwiches and some buffalo wing flavored pretzels

The calorie increase would explain today, but what about Friday's workout? I was at my normal macro/cal intake 1960

Cho 200
Pro 155
Fat 60

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never gotten back pumps from cit mal alone - only 2 things have given me backpumps, and I've had a lot of them: strong orals, and pulling with too much back on deadlift with a GOOD pump product. Not to say you're doing it wrong, just that if there's a lot of erector activation (doing 3x12 on GMs, for example) with a good pump pre- you're gonna get some flooding. Just means WR is delivering in spades.

I stopped using pump products on lower body days on the Cube a year ago. Now I"m getting back to using them even then, as it's off-season and growth is needed. But the pain is real lol.
No DS/PS or PH here. And, that could explain my pump from deads (never had this before) but what about my pause squats from Friday?

I think it's just a combination of the ingredients in WR (CM, Agmatine, GMS) and my rep work. Perfect pre workout storm

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have no explanation for that one. I just like providing explanations for the obvious.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've yet to do a "real" lower day on WR but I'll definitely fess up if I get a back pump off it or not. Maybe it is just from the ingredients.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pause Squats use a lot of low back strength to hold position. Again, coupled with the pump products you're gonna get blood moving to the area.

And oral roids primarily cause both cramping and pumps from mineral buildup and disturbance of electrolyte balance I believe. So eating 7k calories of salted deliciousness might actually be relevant in that regard (to say nothing of the effects on glycogen storage).

Fellas, I broke open the Tropical Pineapple White Rapids yesterday for a pump/recovery session the day after volume Sumo on Friday. Took 2 scoops and it was AWESOME. Like White Flood but smoother, mixed with PES High Volume - that good a pump. Cycle for a mile, then 6 giant sets of abductor machine, calf raise, lying leg curl, & leg extensions, 12-20 reps on everything. 4x25 facepulls ss 5x15 pullthrus. Then 100 rep tri ext w 8x10 rest pause cable curls, then hypers ss w weighted incline situps for 3 sets of 8-20. Focus was great, as was endurance, didn't feel high-strung, the pump was wicked . Would recommend, definitely!!!

Ruthless33

Awards
Wow I'm pumped to finally see Hydromax in a Controlled Labs product!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday
Day IIII

2 scoop WR with 16oz water
Weight -141lb

Noticed Monday that the pre workout leaves a slight residue on my tongue after each sip. Not anything to stop me from drinking it, just something I noticed. Also, no lower back pumps either.

Energy was just as good and smooth as day 1.

Squat
320x2 @9

Bench
225x4 @9

Dips bw+lb
40x8 repeats 3 sets

The comp bench press and dips gave me a solid pump! Wasn't much volume but the back down sets and repeats gave me that blood flow ?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to know with the back pumps. I didn't experience anything like that this week.
MidwestBeast mentioned something similar to the taste as well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to know with the back pumps. I didn't experience anything like that this week.
MidwestBeast mentioned something similar to the taste as well.
So far I really like the Tropical Pineapple - I used 16oz like Tyga said he liked and it wasn't super-sweet like you get with some pre-workouts; very drinkable stuff for sure. I mean I can chug anything if I feel it contributes well to the effort, but it's nice to be able to enjoy WR.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Solid work tonight.

Top sets

Deads-
365x3 @8
365x3 @9

Pin squat-
275x4 @9

2 board bench
260x3 @9

Added a little over 16oz (closer to 18oz) to my 2 scoops of White Rapids. I think THAT is the amount of water I'll continue to use. Flavor and the tartness was perfect.

Also, had a pretty good pump again tonight. Strength is slowly climbing again, and I actually think if I would have rested longer (like I should have) I would've had another working set for deads. The product has really cut my rest time down. I'll have to remember during my next training session.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 5

2 scoop WR w/ 18oz water

Today was my GPP work day for the most part.

Deficit deads
355x2 @9

Low DB incline
85x8 https://instagram.com/p/5AavXOAg39/

BB row-
95x12x2
115x10

Donkey calf 3-0-3
180x10x3

Rope ext
70x12x3

That was it. Took about and hour and 15 minutes. Days like this I get to feel out the pump products in white rapids. My whole upper body was full, and veiny ~ dope fiends wish come true today. The stim in the product I feel like has been hit or miss.. Like today, it was hard for me to get into the workout. But, I knew I had to get it done. So I did what I did.

Either way, solid day in the books

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My whole upper body was full, and veiny ~ dope fiends wish come true today.
Hell ya! I did some occluded work today and it was excruciating.

Did you experience any back pumps again or do you think it was related somewhere else?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hell ya! I did some occluded work today and it was excruciating.

Did you experience any back pumps again or do you think it was related somewhere else?
No back pumps since those two workouts

Figure it came from something else?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 7

2 scoop WR with 18oz water

Comp deads ~ hook
375x4 @9+ (hard nine)
350x4 @9 ~ cut a little over 6% off the top

2 board
245x4 @9
235x4 @9 4% LD

*tweaked my right knee on Monday during squats. This is the same knee I blew my ACL/MCL/LCL and meniscus on. So, I flossed my knee and did four sets of 12 with leg ext.

With the minor cal increase + WR I've progressed every session so far in squats and deads. Stupid freaking bench is stalling. I'll fix dis soon.

I haven't had a real quad pump in some time since I've switched strictly to RTS. But, with the leg ext plus the pump ingredients in the WR, my quads were on swole! Good feeling lol

Friday, I'll more than likely (if my wife doesn't go into labor) hit pause squats (if my knee permits, if not, more leg ext) 1 board press (oh yah, tweaked my left shoulder as well on OHP, should have known to skip it because my shoulder felt loopy all day) and rear delt work.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

In labor or in the gym??! Good luck!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today's w/o went really, really well.

White rapids dose- I actually bumped it to one rounded scoop in 8-10oz water. Found the two scoops were keeping me up at night... I must've became pretty stim sensitive lol

The taste and the after chalkiness has grown on me. It's a flavor/consistency you COULD sip on through the entire workout if need be.

Today's work was not RTS because, Thursday at 6pm they are going to induce my wife in hopes she'll have the baby. If not by noon, it'll be a c-section. My little baby girl has grown too big for my wife's pelvis (wife's 5'0") so, they're not going to wait for her water to break on her own. So, I flat got with it tonight and worked around 9.5-10RPE on everything.

Comp deads x3@9
385x3 @9+

Sumo complex deads x8@9
225x8
225x8@10

EMOM squat (x5 for 8 sets)
185x5 x8

DB incline x8@9
85x8 @9+

Pull downs x10@9
130x10 @10

Giant set 4 sets
Seated leg curl
DB curl
Rope tri ext

Seated row 3 sets

Cable fly 2 sets

The higher rep work really tested the pump. Which, was phenomenal forgot what it's like to have a whole body pump going lol it was nice. My endurance was greatly increased as well. Strictly the product since I haven't added anything

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed in now Tyga. Cool since i was interested in WR as a new potential pre anyway.

Anyway, training looks good! Looks like you got after it pretty hard today with those RPEs. Also, good luck with the wife and baby girl situation!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good luck, man!

Glad ya had a solid pump with it. You and Bolt with the nasty EMOM work lol Tough