YatesWifey Gets Alpha with Sustain Alpha - Sponsored

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Hi everyone!! I'd like to start off by thanking BPS for the opportunity to try, log, and review Sastain Alpha. I received the Sustain Alpha in the mail a few days ago, but am officially starting it tomorrow* (Monday 6/29)!

PhotoGrid_1435534429036.jpg

To get started I'm going to tell you a little bit about me....
I am 30 yrs old, and a stay at home mom to my 2.5yr old son. I currently weight train, in the gym, with yates84 on a 5 day split plan. On Mondays & Fridays I rest or do some light cardio...depending on what my body is up for & allows. I am only about 3 months into my weight lifting journey. Previous training experience is mainly in body weight circuit training & dance. I got into lifting because I wasn't seeing the results I was wanting. I immediately fell in love for lifting, and ilam really wanting to get the most I can out of it.

I wanted to give Sustain Alpha a try because I'm really wanting to gain strength & increase my PR's....but also continue to cut body fat. I'm currently eating at a slight caloric deficit to help with cutting body fat. This is where I feel like the Sustain Alpha can help me...to help me with my strength while also cutting.

My starting stats...
Height 5"1'
Weight 123.2lbs
Chest 31"
Biceps 10.5"
Waist 27.5"
Hips 33.5"
R upper thigh 20"
L upper thigh 20"
R Quad 16"
L Quad 16"

**I'm very petite by nature.** :)

Here is a beginning photo. I will try to get more up tomorrow.

PhotoGrid_1435535445876.jpg

Ultimately I'd love to see my chest, biceps, & quads grow while my waist & thighs continue to shed fat. I know this is asking a lot of my body, but with the help of Sustain Alpha over the following weeks I'm hoping I can't make some nice improvements in all areas...cutting & strength gains!!

Now...let's get the party started!!

PhotoGrid_1435534463609.jpg

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First in! I love dermacrine, let's see how his little brother works!

Hossam

Hossam

Awards
interested to see how this treats a female, in for sure and good luck!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yates, thanks for sharing your wife with us, for the duration of this log. YatesWifey, looking forward to your thoughts! I have yet to hear a female perspective on Sustain Alpha.
I have enjoyed all the Bps products I've used in the past, glad you gave this opportunity to my wife!

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed in, i should be putting mine up today as well :)

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Yates, thanks for sharing your wife with us, for the duration of this log. YatesWifey, looking forward to your thoughts! I have yet to hear a female perspective on Sustain Alpha.
He's really supportive when it comes to things like this!! ;)

Thank you again for the opportunity!!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Sorry guys, I did my initial post late last night...after a long day.

I wanted to add a few things....

Current Supplements
~Conqu3r stim free pwo with added caffeine
~On heavier volume days I am now using Conqu3r Amp3d as my pwo
~Glutamine
~Women's Multi-vitamin
~Magnesium
~Fish oil

My current 5 day split regimen is...
Sunday - Back
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Shoulders
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - Arms
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Chest

I like to work in abs & light cardio (usually at home) on days where smaller muscle groups are worked & less compound movements are done during workout.

BPS I was planning to start today. A couple questions first...with my weight (123lbs) how many pumps would you recommend? I was thinking 3. Also, is there a time of day that is better? I workout very early in the morning & typically shower in the evenings. Should I apply in the evening after my shower or wait until the morning to apply. Does it even matter....as long as skin is clean?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In! Very curious to see how this works for you!! :)

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for being here, Kat!! Hoping to get those deads up even more!! :)

BPS

BPS

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sorry guys, I did my initial post late last night...after a long day.

I wanted to add a few things....

Current Supplements
~Conqu3r stim free pwo with added caffeine
~On heavier volume days I am now using Conqu3r Amp3d as my pwo
~Glutamine
~Women's Multi-vitamin
~Magnesium
~Fish oil

My current 5 day split regimen is...
Sunday - Back
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Shoulders
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - Arms
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Chest

I like to work in abs & light cardio (usually at home) on days where smaller muscle groups are worked & less compound movements are done during workout.

BPS I was planning to start today. A couple questions first...with my weight (123lbs) how many pumps would you recommend? I was thinking 3. Also, is there a time of day that is better? I workout very early in the morning & typically shower in the evenings. Should I apply in the evening after my shower or wait until the morning to apply. Does it even matter....as long as skin is clean?
Yes, 3 to start would be a good idea and post shower, regardless of time of day.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Great...thanks. Then I will start tonight!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Good morning!! I did my first application of the Sustain Alpha last night. First impressions were...it smells nice & doesn't have a lingering odor once dried. Application areas were lower abs, love handles, inner thighs, and outer quads. It has a nice texture as well....not slimy or gritty. Which is a huge plus for me, since i have some sensory touch issues. Rubs on & dries well (within the 4-5 mins stated on bottle). I also like that it washes off my hands well with minimal effort. So, initial first impressions were all positive & winners in my book!

I woke up feeling a bit blah this morning (4:15 came really early today), but I got my pwo in me & was ready to go!!

We worked shoulders today...

Warm-up
5 min eliptical

Db shoulder press - Warm-up set
8x15x3

Db shoulder press w/slow negs
10x12x4

Upright row to shoulder press
20x10x4

Shoulders were on fire after those!!

Alternating db front/lateral raises
8x10x4

Rear delt fly (machine)
30x12x4

Finished up with some static stretching...like I always do!!

Plan on doing a short ab circuit before lunchtime today, as well!!

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I Agree i love how fast it dries out, Initial smell is kinda bad but wears off within seconds .. but smells like you jus spilled like 5 shots of southern comfort lol

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I don't mind the smell. Honestly, some of the other TD stuff hubby has used before is way worse.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Interested to see how this works for you.

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
Interested to see how good this works for females.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Following along and hanging out with all the cool kids!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!

turff49

turff49

Awards
This should be a great log! In

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to follow along!

Hossam

Hossam

Awards
did you notice the burning / itching for 30-40 seconds after applying it?

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
did you notice the burning / itching for 30-40 seconds after applying it?
I did a little bit, mainly on my inner thighs, but I'm pretty sure that's just from the alcohol evaporating so fast off the skin. So, a brief tingling/cooling effect is to be expected. I didn't find it to be unpleasant though....it was more of a tingling/cooling feel for me.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
IN!!! Look forward to seeing how this treats you:)

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Today was leg day!! One of my favorite days in the gym! Today marked Day 2 with the Sustain Alpha. *Since I apply at night, I will be counting the following day as a full day with it.*

Warm-up
5 min elliptical
Back hyperextensions 8x2
Leg extensions 30x10x2

Squats
45x10
50x8
55x7
55x8
60x6

**For those of you who know me...my squat form & game is finally getting better. Going to start adding more weight, now that I'm more confident in my form!!**

Leg press (machine)
80x10x4

Lying leg curl
35x10x3

Weighted hip thrust
20x10x4

Finished with stretching!!

Then I got in a little cardio with the little one, a little before lunchtime. I'm currently restricted from high impact (severe shin splints). So, we took a nice walk around the pond by the house. Pushing a stroller in tall grass with it 94°F is a bit of workout.

Tonight I applied the Sustain Alpha on my lower abs & love handles (1 pump), quads (1 pump), & then I put 1 pump around my clavicle area...per hubby's recommendations/advice. My inner thighs still have A LOT of fat stores...so I'm trying to apply in areas with a bit less fat. Hoping for better absorbtion.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks like a very nice leg workout, leg day is fun if you have the right attitude !!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's see some squat video!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
turff49

turff49

Awards
Everyday "in the gym" is a favorite for me. Well, at least when I leave the gym...lol
Nice leg session. I see one girl at our gym do hip thrust. Didn't think much of them until I saw her repping a 100lb plate. Then I got to thinking about what all muscles are involved in doing the hip thrust. It's an excellent exercise that can have so many variations and target different aspects of muscles all dependent on where legs and feet are placed. Excellent choice of exercises!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Let's see some squat video!
I'll be sure to get one next week. We are headed out of town today. If the gym where we are staying has decent equipment, I'll go ahead & get one. I can use all the help I can get.

Everyday "in the gym" is a favorite for me. Well, at least when I leave the gym...lol
Nice leg session. I see one girl at our gym do hip thrust. Didn't think much of them until I saw her repping a 100lb plate. Then I got to thinking about what all muscles are involved in doing the hip thrust. It's an excellent exercise that can have so many variations and target different aspects of muscles all dependent on where legs and feet are placed. Excellent choice of exercises!
I use them for glutes! A 100lb plate?? That's impressive! I just use a lighter weight bar across my lower abs/hips & do higher reps. I'm definitely feeling it in my bum today!! :D

I have my own issues I'm working on, too....
Don't we all?! :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The weighted hip thrust is an excellent exercise. Especially when used for hypertrophy and strength. Also teaches how to activate the glutes better too. You want to add a lil size to or lift up your backside these should be incorporated to your training.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Hi all!! Today marks Day 3! Not sure I'm feeling any effects yet, but that could be because my estrogen is up at the moment (just finished my cycle...sorry guys). I have a feeling it's really going to kick in next week when my testerone would be higher anyway (due to ovulating) and I'm going to feel like Hulk!! :D :D Either way....I felt really good in the gym this morning.

I got in a good arm session, and then did a bunch of running around for errands. So plenty of energy!!

Warm-up
5 min elliptical

Alternating db curls
8x12x2

Db curls w/static 90° hold w/opposite arm
8x10x2

Lying db tricep extension
8x10x3

Camber curl/Machine dip Superset
30x8/60x10
30x8/60x10
30x8/60x10
30x8/60x10

Low pulley cable curl/High pulley tricep pull-down Superset
35x10/40x12
35x10/40x12
35x10/40x12
35x10/40x12

Static stretching finish!!

Went bathing suit shopping this afternoon because I needed smaller ones. :D I am officially a size down in the top & bottom. :) Happy to see the fat getting cut!! I'm finally starting to feel more confident in bathing suit again!!

Now, fingers crossed the gym where we are staying is legit & has some nice equipment so we can get a good lifting session in on Saturday. I will get something in either way though....bodyweight exercises work when necessary!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice looking workout and it's always a good feeling buying smaller clothes. The other great thing about lifting for women is you don't need the clothes with shoulder pads.............you just build your own !!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Nice looking workout and it's always a good feeling buying smaller clothes. The other great thing about lifting for women is you don't need the clothes with shoulder pads.............you just build your own !!
Good point, Rocket!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Herrrrrooooo....

What does this stuff do?