EvoMuse dual phase log

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is going to be a two-phase log. The first phase is going to have Nerve Restore, MyoSynergy, and Gut Health. The second phase will include DCP and I believe both the new MyoElite and BMP.

For phase one, this is going to be all out strength. I have a powerlifting meet coming up on August 1st and will be looking to finally break my long standing squat plateau. My best meet squat is 633; I took 625 in training and it blew up last week so I'm hopeful. I have no real expectations for this one other than to PR total.

I'll get a starting weight and pic tomorrow.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the ride

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/21

Squat (Full gear)
Worked up to 655x1

DB Shrugs/DB Side Bends
100x3x15/60x3x15

Uni Hypers
BWx3x12

Feeling good. Great, actually. Surprised I had this good of a day considering I barely ate the past two days. It didn't mess with my ME, but I was pretty toast afterwards.

Starting pic
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1434936491.680439.jpg

~219, no clue on BF

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/22

Floor Press (max legal width)
215x3x5

Incline DB Press
75x10
80x8
90x5

BB Row
225x12
255x10
275x10

T Bar Row (neutral)
180x3x10

Machine Preacher Curls
110x3x15

Blast Strap Ex/Pullaparts (mini)
3x15/3x30

For a day that started out with me considering skipping until tomorrow, this turned out to be quite a good day. I had tremendous M-M connection today and yesterday. I even noticed it during my warmup. Strength felt good and not too beat up in the delts or pecs.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know I love when rodj takes our stuff out for a ride! Go get it my man.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rodja has a warm place in my heart. When I first launched my own company, I tagged him to test original DCP, and he brought back one of the absolute best logs ever. Fantastic discipline and tireless training, totally focused on reaching his goals.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/24

Speed Pulls
405x3x5
495x2x2

GHR
3x6
2x8

Walking DB Lunge
50x2x20

Rolling Hypers/Band Crunch
3x20/3x30

Solid speed day. Gym finally got in a GHR and I am really weak at them now. Interestingly enough, it's at the insertion and not the belly or origin where I felt it the most. I'll be doing these 2-3x/week for awhile until I get them back to sets of a smooth 15. I'm also hopeful this will launch me through my plateau on squats.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/26
Bench
Worked up to 515x1 1-board

6/27
Lat Pulls
220x2x8
220x10

Chest Supported Row
90x15
115x15

DB Pullovers
70x2x12

Side Laterals (run the rack style)
25x12
30x12
35x12
30x12
25x12

Prone Rear Fly/Pullaparts
40x3x15/3x15

Had to break up my training again, but not a big deal. Still feeling pretty good overall physically and bench is about where I'd expect it to be right now. The side laterals were awful as I did them one arm at a time with no rest.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/28

Squat (full gear)
Worked up to 625x1

GHR
BWx10
BW+25x2x8
BW+25x4-drop-BWx6

Band Crunch/Blast Strap Fallouts
3x30/3x12

Seated Calf Raises
135x3x12

Fantastic day of training today. I felt pretty damn locked in all day and continued as I got to my main set. It moved very well and I'm happy with it. I saw some small things in it I didn't like that I will correct. I should be able to get the video later tonight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/30

OHP
135x12
155x6
135x12

Incline DB Press
80x3x8

Flat DB Fly
35x2x12

DB Row
145x2x12

BB Row
225x3x12

Side Laterals (RTR)
20->35->20

Prone Rear Fly
45x3x15

Machine Preacher Curl (Uni)
60x3x10

Solid day. Main goal is to get in some good work to the muscle and maybe get some LBM in here. Felt kinda meh in terms on muscular endurance, but not too bad. OHP is down mainly due to lack of training. If I don't work it often, it declines quickly.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1435723505.712553.jpg

Post training

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mini-review:

Güt Health is amazing. I've been having GI issues since March that have made it to where I can only digest and assimilate so much food. Once I get past a certain point, my body tries to vomit anything else remaining. There are certain foods I've removed from my diet and others that I eat minimally (maybe once per day and a small amount) as a result of this. However, the past few days have been as good as it's been in a month. I've been able to add in 200-300 extra calories and eat more flesh instead of relying on eggs, liquid egg whites, and protein powder as the bulk of my protein sources. I could tell yesterday that I was much more full than I have been in awhile.

M-M connection is still locked in thanks to the Nerve Restore. It's been particularly helpful in the upper back region to create my squat and bench shelves. It's too early to say anything on the strength end, but feeling solid. The next couple of weeks will tell the tale.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/1

Sumo (+80# chain)
405x6x3

GHR
BW+25x3x15

Uni LP
360x3x15

Half-kneeling Pallof Press (light)
3x10

I felt really, really good today. Sets were moving like 405 and it felt like it as well. GHRs have improved dramatically since doing them again.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your shoulders are really coming in thick.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your shoulders are really coming in thick.
It's taken a LONG time to get decent size on my delts. They're incredibly stubborn for me, but I've made strides again recently.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
It's taken a LONG time to get decent size on my delts. They're incredibly stubborn for me, but I've made strides again recently.
Mine as well, what have you found that works best for you?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine as well, what have you found that works best for you?
OHP is the foundation with frequency being the biggest key for me. If I want size on me, I have to increase frequency first.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Subbed! Also followed your Instagram! Also, how is nerve restore treating you? Ive been meaning to try it, but i just havent pulled the trigger.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed! Also followed your Instagram! Also, how is nerve restore treating you? Ive been meaning to try it, but i just havent pulled the trigger.
I've used multiple bottles of it prior to this. It's fantastic for those who have had pinched nerves, adhesions, etc. to get the ball rolling back to muscular function.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I've used multiple bottles of it prior to this. It's fantastic for those who have had pinched nerves, adhesions, etc. to get the ball rolling back to muscular function.
Gotta try it, I've had lagging development of my right arm due to AC issues

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/3

Speed Bench
185x5x3

HS Row
180x2x12

Incline DB Fly
45x2x12

Facepulls/Pressdowns
50x2x20/50x2x20

RTR Side Laterals
20->35

Felt flat today and a tad low on energy. I tapered the volume and intensity as my psoas felt unstable the entire time even while benching. Got in a good pump throughout as I had a quick pace to get in and get out.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/5

Squat (Full gear)
615x1
645x1

GHR
BWx3x15

DB Shrugs/Hanging Leg Raises
100x3x15/3x15

Each set FLEW up. If this were offseason, I would've done 1-2 more sets and PR'd, but I stuck with my plan for the day. I felt fantastic and completely locked in for each sets and M-M was on-point. I'm very optimistic for August despite such a short training cycle. I may find it to be beneficial...who knows?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like it. Your technique is always rock solid in your gear, less time spent being beat up can never hurt.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like it. Your technique is always rock solid in your gear, less time spent being beat up can never hurt.
I figure that it allows more time and energy for accessories/supplemental lifts to build the main without having to go through the BS.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta try it, I've had lagging development of my right arm due to AC issues
We have been very pleased with the feedback.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
7/5

Squat (Full gear)
615x1
645x1

GHR
BWx3x15

DB Shrugs/Hanging Leg Raises
100x3x15/3x15

Each set FLEW up. If this were offseason, I would've done 1-2 more sets and PR'd, but I stuck with my plan for the day. I felt fantastic and completely locked in for each sets and M-M was on-point. I'm very optimistic for August despite such a short training cycle. I may find it to be beneficial...who knows?
Probably did the right thing. It is really tough when things are going great at the gym to not over do it. I'm almost like a whiny baby sometimes when everything is clicking I just want to keep going.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably did the right thing. It is really tough when things are going great at the gym to not over do it. I'm almost like a whiny baby sometimes when everything is clicking I just want to keep going.
I had my gear on for another 5 minutes or so deciding what to do and ultimately called it.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. What meet are you doing?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/6

OHP
135x12
145x2x8

Incline DB Fly
50x3x10

Cable Rows
230x3x10

Dips
BW+25x12
BW+45x2x10

Pull-ups/Facepulls (mini)
3x8/3x30

Incline DB JM Press/Seated DB Curl
50x3x10/40x3x10

RTR Side Laterals
20->35->20

Fantastic day today. Everything felt on point and pain was nonexistent. I am absolutely loving the stack and there's definite synergy between the two. Brilliant designing by Dsade.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since my back went out, I think the most apparent loss is my side laterals. I can barely knock out 9 with 25s when I used to do 45s for 10.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since my back went out, I think the most apparent loss is my side laterals. I can barely knock out 9 with 25s when I used to do 45s for 10.
My OHP strength is down right now, but I'm certain that's from the loss of leverage due to dropping weight. Everything else has held steady, though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/8

Sumo
Worked up to 605x1
https://instagram.com/p/45STm1Syj8/

GHR
BWx15
+monster mini
x15
+monster mini and mini
x10

Various ab/postural

Opener for August 1st. Moved very well despite a small little flaw (not pulling bar towards my hips fast enough) slightly off of the floor. I'm definitely doing 198 for this meet and should make it easily.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Very clean rep. Great form. Should make for a solid opener.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/10

Bench
Worked up to 495x1 1-board

Chest Supported Row
90x15
115x2x12

Front/Side/Rear Lateral
2x12

Not a good day. I was really low on energy and my nutrition hasn't been on point for a couple of days. I'm not too concerned as the past several weeks have been good and I know what the problem is. The silver lining was that I was able to really get my hips and psoas loosened. I could feel better leg drive along with much less pain in the lumbar. I was also able to load my lats better due to the lower body being locked in better.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/12

Squat
Worked up to 645x1

GHR
BWx3x15 (3s neg)

DB Shrugs
100x2x15

Half Kneeling Pallof
3x10

Feeling so freaking good right now. Put on my old suit and it's a much more appropriate fit for me. Hitting depth with 645 was a BITCH, but it blew up like nothing. Maybe it was a simple as needing appropriate gear.

Meet update: I will be dropping my bench opener to around 467-478 depending on how I feel. Shirt isn't overly big on me, but I can tell the loss of leverage from having 20 fewer pounds on me. Bench is always a struggle for me in training so I'm not too worried. Mainly want to ensure a solid opener and so my goals for the meet are my second attempts on every lift.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/13

OHP
135x10
145x8
145x6

Dips
BWx15
BW+25x12
BW+45x2x10

Cable Rows
200x15
220x12
240x10 PR

Chest Supported Row
90x15
115x2x10

Incline DB Fly
40x15
50x2x10

Bi/Tri/Delt

I had myself a solid bro day. Wanted to get in and get out quickly and get blood flowing everywhere. Mood was great and humming along. I didn't feel any after effects from yesterday either. I woke up pretty vibrant and happy for only 5 hours of sleep.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
7/13

OHP
135x10
145x8
145x6

Dips
BWx15
BW+25x12
BW+45x2x10

Cable Rows
200x15
220x12
240x10 PR

Chest Supported Row
90x15
115x2x10

Incline DB Fly
40x15
50x2x10

Bi/Tri/Delt

I had myself a solid bro day. Wanted to get in and get out quickly and get blood flowing everywhere. Mood was great and humming along. I didn't feel any after effects from yesterday either. I woke up pretty vibrant and happy for only 5 hours of sleep.
Just dont make that 5 hours of sleep a habit.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight update: down to 210. Making 198 will be soooo easy.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/15

Sumo
405x3x3
495x2x2

SG SLDL
225x3x10

BSS
40x2x10

GHR
3x12

Changed up my nutrition today and literally will be doing this only a handful of times more in the future. Instead of training carbless, I got my bloat on to see what the suit will fit like closer to meet day when I'll be a bloated whale. Definitely more snug and I'm aiming for 212-215 come meet day. I usually end 3-5# higher in BW once I supercompensate and chow down.