Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this will be my 1st go round with an epi product. the main thing i am looking for is increased endurance, i was sidelined by a tweaked elbow doing ticep extentions and have been out of the gym for a few weeks, yesterday i got a cortisone shot and it helped alot!!! going to go slow starting out....

kinda weird to just now be running a ingredient that has become so popular, but better late than never....

big shout out to my friend Koi and the folks at cel...and to mike mw1, for making this happen!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
well i took 1 cap at dinner, just took 2nd cap with snack...tomorrow i will take 1 cap in morning on empty before workout...anyone see anything wrong with dosing on empty?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
took 1 cap of epi-plex on empty stomach this morning before workout....no changes to report-actually i don't now how long effects are supposed to take???

took 2nd cap with lunch!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Danes

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would think a couple weeks for full effects to kick in...I did notice a better pump though in just the 2nd workout and since...started week 2 yesterday...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would think a couple weeks for full effects to kick in...I did notice a better pump though in just the 2nd workout and since...started week 2 yesterday...
that sounds encouraging, thanks!!!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When it comes to N.O boosting properties, the effect would be seen within the first week. (If you respond good to it).If you do, you will get better pumps, better endurance and even better work capacity.
IF it increase Follistatin so much which could lead to myostatin inhibition, and again lead to gains in size, then we are talking about months to see a nice change in body transformation, which I really doubt. And as I said before even real follistatin is not so effectve as people think. It is not so easy like more follistatin->less myostatin->gains.
And it does not mean for sure icreasing follistatin naturaly would inhibit Myostatin.
Decorin and TGF-beta plays huge role!
As I know, there are no herbs which prossess modulation of those factors.

I have been taking 1g of pure epicatechin and honestly, i did not experienced more pumps , better work capacity or any more gains on EPI.
I took whole dose 45 min prior workout.
i am going to try again but this time smaller doses 4 hour appart thru the day

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When it comes to N.O boosting properties, the effect would be seen within the first week. (If you respond good to it).If you do, you will get better pumps, better endurance and even better work capacity.
IF it increase Follistatin so much which could lead to myostatin inhibition, and again lead to gains in size, then we are talking about months to see a nice change in body transformation (which I really doubt. And as I said before even real follistatin is not so effectve as people think. It is not so easy like more follistatin->less myostatin->gains.
And it does not mean for sure icreasing follistatin naturaly would inhibit Myostatin.
Decorin and TGF-beta plays huge role!
As I know, there are no herbs which prossess modulation of those factors.
better endurance and work capacity sounds very good to me!!!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
better endurance and work capacity sounds very good to me!!!
Yes and I believe it will help you with that. But if you dont feel anything after couple of weeks, you may increase to 3 caps at day.
One in the morning, one 4hour later and one prior workout

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
In! Haven't gotten my bottle yet(usps blows big time) but I'm exited to give epi plex a shot. What kind of training are you doing thebigt ?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes and I believe it will help you with that. But if you dont feel anything after couple of weeks, you may increase to 3 caps at day.
One in the morning, one 4hour later and one prior workout
it's not expensive, i might buy another bottle if i start to see results!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In! Haven't gotten my bottle yet(usps blows big time) but I'm exited to give epi plex a shot. What kind of training are you doing thebigt ?
sucks you haven't got your's yet!!!

i'm just coming off an injury, got a cortisone shot on tuesday...started back full body circuit training at a huge fitness complex in indy [national intitute for fitness and sports-NIFS], yesterday....dropped the weights considerably from where i was at before.

the increased work capacity and endurance will also be noticeable at work-i own and run a lawncare business which can get physical at times with long hours!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Why not. Try with 3 caps at day 2 months and see how it goes for you :)
if i start to see noticeable results i will do that!!!

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
sucks you haven't got your's yet!!!

i'm just coming off an injury, got a cortisone shot on tuesday...started back full body circuit training at a huge fitness complex in indy [national intitute for fitness and sports-NIFS], yesterday....dropped the weights considerably from where i was at before.

the increased work capacity and endurance will also be noticeable at work-i own and run a lawncare business which can get physical at times with long hours!!!
Right on man, good luck! From what I've read epi plex will for sure help with endurance and will help with those work hours! I wish I was at a bigger gym, my anytime fitness here isn't to big but it does have everything needed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Right on man, good luck! From what I've read epi plex will for sure help with endurance and will help with those work hours! I wish I was at a bigger gym, my anytime fitness here isn't to big but it does have everything needed.
nifs is the biggest workout facility i have ever seen...i see many college and usually a few pro athletes there....it is connected with the natatorium where they hold olympic swim team trials...they have a machine for everything plus an abundance of free weights and equiptment.

but a gym is only a gym...it's up to us to put in the work!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Subbed for your input!!!!
you bet...gonna update daily except maybe weekends when i have family get-togethers!!!

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Clear PM's again:bigeyes2:

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
nifs is the biggest workout facility i have ever seen...i see many college and usually a few pro athletes there....it is connected with the natatorium where they hold olympic swim team trials...they have a machine for everything plus an abundance of free weights and equiptment.

but a gym is only a gym...it's up to us to put in the work!!!
That's awesome, hopefully the monthly due isn't outrageous haha. True! Ya gotta put the work in

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
had a good workout at nifs today, feels really good to be back in the gym again!!! had good focus/endurance and pump, but it is too soon to attribute that to epi-plex, imo it could just be excitement at being able to lift again!!!
Koi said to use lighter weights and go for more reps, this is what i did-i was going to go easy starting back anyway...he also said to stick with 2 caps, since this is a sponsored log that is what i will do. Danes said to run epi-plex for at least 2 months, i will be purchasing at least 1 more bottle and may or may not up the dose in 2nd month, depending on what results are like!!!

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
had a good workout at nifs today, feels really good to be back in the gym again!!! had good focus/endurance and pump, but it is too soon to attribute that to epi-plex, imo it could just be excitement at being able to lift again!!!
Koi said to use lighter weights and go for more reps, this is what i did-i was going to go easy starting back anyway...he also said to stick with 2 caps, since this is a sponsored log that is what i will do. Danes said to run epi-plex for at least 2 months, i will be purchasing at least 1 more bottle and may or may not up the dose in 2nd month, depending on what results are like!!!
how's the elbow?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
how's the elbow?
i have heard people say they don't respond to cortisone shots, but they work wonders for me!!!

elbow feels much better, now the other one is a little sketchy, lol....but been using SNS CISSUS and it has been doing a decent job on my minor aches and pains-plan to keep using it!!!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have heard people say they don't respond to cortisone shots, but they work wonders for me!!
Believe me, it really depend on the doctor. How good he is on injecting to the right place. I had shoulder issue 6 months and My doc (which really know how to shot cortisone) told me he would deff fix the prob. Believe me or not. I was like a new man

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Believe me, it really depend on the doctor. How good he is on injecting to the right place. I had shoulder issue 6 months and My doc (which really know how to shot cortisone) told me he would deff fix the prob. Believe me or not. I was like a new man
this is very true, hitting the right spot is major!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok...i guess that taking on empty is optimal so that is what i will do!!! as far as which is best both caps at once or split doses i haven't heard which is best definitively, so i will split doses...1 cap 1st thing in morning, 2nd cap around 4 hours later-both on empty stomach!!!

i workout in morning on empty so this works out well for me!!!

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok...i guess that taking on empty is optimal so that is what i will do!!! as far as which is best both caps at once or split doses i haven't heard which is best definitively, so i will split doses...1 cap 1st thing in morning, 2nd cap around 4 hours later-both on empty stomach!!!

i workout in morning on empty so this works out well for me!!!
furion which is best both caps at once or split doses

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
which is best both caps at once or split doses

I can say it would be best taking Epicatechin on an empty stomach, and it is not just with Epicatechin but generaly catechins (studies shows).

If we look at the epicatechin study from 2015 (Concentration vs. time profile) after just one hour its at the highest concentration and pretty low 6 hours later (after ingestion).
So to make sure the concentration is stable, i would DEFF take multiple doses of Epicatechin daily.
As we can se on the graph, 200mg Epicatechin had MUCH higher peak than 100 or 50mg.(sum of Epi metabolites in plasma)
50mg Epicatechin = about 500 ųg/L (reached after 2 hours)
100mg Epicatechin = about 1300/1400 ųg/L (reached after 1 hours)
200mg Epicatechin = about 3700 ųg/L (reached after one hour).

We should NOT forget the half life of epicatechin (and as I said, the study showing the effect on follistatin last max 6 hours. About six 6 hours after ingestion the levels went back to baseline).

This is what a good friend of mine who is very knowledgeable wrote:

"This is because of the half life of (-)epi. It's about ~4 hours and the effects on follistatin appears to disappear a few hours after the last dose, so maybe 6 hours post your last dose, you have probably returned to baseline."

1: It would be best to take on an empty stomach
2: To hold the concentration high thru the day, EPI could be taken each 3-4hours apart thru the day. 3-4 times.
3:since concentation peak is highest 1 hour after ingesting, it could be good idea to take it 1 hour prior workout actually

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How the hell did you ever win this promo!?!

:D
the same way i have over 30,000 posts and 10 million rep points...how many posts you got, lol!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can say it would be best taking Epicatechin on an empty stomach, and it is not just with Epicatechin but generaly catechins (studies shows).

If we look at the epicatechin study from 2015 (Concentration vs. time profile) after just one hour its at the highest concentration and pretty low 6 hours later (after ingestion).
So to make sure the concentration is stable, i would DEFF take multiple doses of Epicatechin daily.
As we can se on the graph, 200mg Epicatechin had MUCH higher peak than 100 or 50mg.(sum of Epi metabolites in plasma)
50mg Epicatechin = about 500 ųg/L (reached after 2 hours)
100mg Epicatechin = about 1300/1400 ųg/L (reached after 1 hours)
200mg Epicatechin = about 3700 ųg/L (reached after one hour).

We should NOT forget the half life of epicatechin (and as I said, the study showing the effect on follistatin last max 6 hours. About six 6 hours after ingestion the levels went back to baseline).

This is what a good friend of mine who is very knowledgeable wrote:

"This is because of the half life of (-)epi. It's about ~4 hours and the effects on follistatin appears to disappear a few hours after the last dose, so maybe 6 hours post your last dose, you have probably returned to baseline."

1: It would be best to take on an empty stomach
2: To hold the concentration high thru the day, EPI could be taken each 3-4hours apart thru the day. 3-4 times.
3:since concentation peak is highest 1 hour after ingesting, it could be good idea to take it 1 hour prior workout actually
i wonder what role piperine plays?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
took 1 cap epi-plex about 45 minutes before doing a basic arm/chest workout in basement-mostly inclines/curls/pulldowns, then 20 minutes on treadmill-after treadmill i immediately did situps...i've always believed that situps are most effective right after cardio!!!

did lower weights with increased reps, got a great pump and had good endurance but i would expect a good pump with this workout.

going to take 2nd dose right now on empty---around 6 hours after i took 1st dose!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Enhancing absorption and it can increase bioavailability too
this is true...but i was refering to how long the effects of epi would last with piperine included or does it matter?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this is true...but i was refering to how long the effects of epi would last with piperine included or does it matter?
As we can see in the study, bioavailability was not issue actually. Absorption need a push and that means it can let you having higher peaks (more ųg/L). I cant say this for sure , but it makes sense :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wut no pics up yet of bigt flexing
That's one of the reasons I usually follow along with BigT logs. No BS homo-erotic pictures or stupid details of every single workout with reps, weight lifted, blood type.....

I usually hate logs, because most are just BS and a waste of time. BigT is cool because he's not some young punk trying to prove himself or something.