SNS Nooept/Focus XT log

iufan4lifeul

Awards
SNS Noopept/Focus XT log

First of all I just want to say thank you to everyone over at SNS for being awesome... plain and simple. Definitely hooked me up with a chance to test and log these products out that I have been interested in trying. As a current Focus XT (Caffeine Free) user I can say that first of all the taste (Fruit Punch) is absolutely incredible. It is by far my favorite supplement drink to take. Has quite a bit of sweetness to it but the flavor is easily adjusted by the amount of water used to mix it with. Overall the effect of the product has been mild but noticeable. I say mild because there are no jitters, crash, crazy amounts of energy etc. It definitely helps with staying on task, absorbing information, and processing ability. I used it while studying for my NASM test. My normal schedule consisted of 5am getting up, lifting, heading to work from 9-5:30, getting home and spending family time with my wife and 1 year old, putting her to bed at 8 or so, then studying for an hour or two almost every night. I would consume the Focus XT at ~6 every night and was able to retain knowledge DESPITE having diagnosed ADD.

Now, for a little pre-log background.

DX'ed Health Conditions:
ADD

Current RX Meds:
Adderall (for ADD) - Normally I wouldn't list RX medications but in this situation I believe it is relevant

Current Supplements:
Multivitamin (Orange Triad)
Fish Oil (Oximega, 2400mg EPA/DHA per day)
360CUT Intra (Creatine, L-Citrulline, BCAA's) on workout days
Vitamin D3 (8000IU per day)
ON Whey Protein
Integrative Therapeutics Testosterone Formula
Doctor's Best Natural Brain Enhancers (PhosphatidylSerin and GlyceroPhosphoCholine)- Should be a good Choline source to pair with the Nopept!
Focus XT CF as needed

Previous Nootropic experience:
SANS Dr. Feel Good Multi
Focus XT CF
ITI Testosterone Formula (Ashwaganda and Asian Ginseng)

Overall goal of log: I would like to increase my attention span, increase short and long term memory, improve overall mood, and improve overall cognitive ability. All of these areas I currently do not feel are adequate for someone my age.

I will be reviewing Noopept (10mg, twice daily- morning and afternoon) as well as Focus XT w/ caffeine as needed.

iufan4lifeul

Awards
Day 1 log:

I received my bottle of Noopept and Focus XT yesterday (Monday) late. I was anxious for UPS to get there to try these products out! For some reason I was absolutely exhausted mentally yesterday and again this morning to begin with. I did take 1 10mg Noopept capsule last night. I was sitting there waiting for it to kick in and was getting the whole placebo effects of maybe I feel something here or there. About 20 minutes later after I had given up on it I noticed words flowed more freely and I was able to converse better. I ended up taking my Adderall dose an hour or so after it and even the combo wasn't able to keep me going much longer. Woke up this morning on an off workout day so I decided to do a scoop of the new Focus XT along with a 10mg Noopept. Started sipping the Focus XT and within 30 minutes I again noticed just a better feeling in general. I still felt exhausted and had brain fog, couldn't keep my eyes open etc. but that was the case before I took the Noopept. Normally I have to take my Adderall at 9 or 10am because I am dragging at that point, was able to hold off until 11am because the Noopept/Focus XT combo kept me going.

As of now I plan to do 10mg 3 times a day. My goal is to recover today via food and sleep. Hopefully the noopept will help me get through the rest of the day and be somewhat productive. I have a sneaking suspicion that when I get caught up on sleep and feel decent again the nooept will give me some major help.

Cliff notes:
Been exhausted
Noopept brings sense of well being and mild improvement on social interactions
Focus XT gives me a kick and the cognition to deal with complicated work problems despite being exhausted

iufan4lifeul

Awards
Very quick update and a somewhat interesting note:
Took midday Noopept at 1PM and midday Adderall at 2PM. I take the IR Adderall, no real "combo" effects to note yet BUT I am sitting here 3 hours after the Adderall dose and it clicked that I am still feeling pretty productive, focused, improved cognition etc. that I normally get from the Adderall. For me, those effects last about 2 hours and drop off significantly. While the effects of Noopept seem to be minimal so far I am pretty certain it is extending the effects of the Adderall, which is a very good thing.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very quick update and a somewhat interesting note:
Took midday Noopept at 1PM and midday Adderall at 2PM. I take the IR Adderall, no real "combo" effects to note yet BUT I am sitting here 3 hours after the Adderall dose and it clicked that I am still feeling pretty productive, focused, improved cognition etc. that I normally get from the Adderall. For me, those effects last about 2 hours and drop off significantly. While the effects of Noopept seem to be minimal so far I am pretty certain it is extending the effects of the Adderall, which is a very good thing.
So far so good.

schizm booneman77 Misfit28 mw1 fightbackhxc T-Bone McCrew530

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Subbed I am excited to see this combo

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Subbed - koi1214 FTW woo

iufan4lifeul

Awards
Wednesday morning update:
I wanted to provide a brief update now and then will provide a more up in depth one later this afternoon. Whether it is fair or not for the product, I am putting it head to head with Adderall. At the beginning I was thinking it would be something completely different and in a whole other category. I believe I was wrong. Let me first say that I am being careful with how much stock I put into Noopept. I feel it is my job to differentiate placebo effect and other factors from the actual product itself as best as I can. With that being said that I took my pre-workout (200mg of caffeine) at 6:30am this morning, lifted at 7:00-8:00am, took a Noopept, then headed to work. Normally I experience a decent crash from my pre-wo a couple hours after consumption. I normally take my first Adderall around 9am on these mornings. It is 11:40am and I have yet to take Adderall and I feel very good... more to come later :)

iufan4lifeul

Awards
Thursday update:
Didn't get around to writing a more up to date review yesterday. Felt a little bit more tired than normal. Needless to say at 1am last night I woke up with chills and fever... I have used Noopept and Focus XT today but just to get by at work as I still feel like garbage. No matter how good the products are there pretty much isn't anything they can do for this crap! Hopefully will feel better tomorrow and be back to reviewing!

iufan4lifeul

Awards
Friday update:
Tried dosing 2 of them last night and had great results despite not feeling well. Was run down all day yesterday and 20mg of Noopept definitely gave me a boost to get through the evening. Did another 20mg dose this morning to see if I could repeat the effects and could definitely notice it. I felt "better". I know that is such a general term but it is true. I felt like I had no brain fog, had adequate energy, was able to process things better than normal etc. I have run into a snag though... As I stated the past couple days I have been dealing with some sort of illness so this morning I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with mono. Despite this I am going to keep logging Noopept without taking a break because I have been enjoying the effect that much! Hopefully I will be able to even get a better feel of it when I start recovering from this crap and get some energy back.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounding good man, hopefully whatever sickness is passing thru, passes quick...

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Friday update:
Tried dosing 2 of them last night and had great results despite not feeling well. Was run down all day yesterday and 20mg of Noopept definitely gave me a boost to get through the evening. Did another 20mg dose this morning to see if I could repeat the effects and could definitely notice it. I felt "better". I know that is such a general term but it is true. I felt like I had no brain fog, had adequate energy, was able to process things better than normal etc. I have run into a snag though... As I stated the past couple days I have been dealing with some sort of illness so this morning I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with mono. Despite this I am going to keep logging Noopept without taking a break because I have been enjoying the effect that much! Hopefully I will be able to even get a better feel of it when I start recovering from this crap and get some energy back.
Dude that sux about he mono!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here! I'm excited to see what people think about these!

avega17

Awards
  • Established
In, been interested in Noopept and racetams for a while

iufan4lifeul

Awards
Alright everyone. After an extended leave of absence I am back.
Just to get you all caught up as to why I haven't been on to log the past few days:
Basically I just returned to work this morning, I was off Monday and Tuesday. I went to an immediate care center twice (Friday morning and Saturday night) as well as my primary care doc on Monday. Still waiting for bloodwork to get back but 99% I had a severe case of Hand/Foot/Mouth. I went from Friday night till Monday night with being unable to eat food of ANY sorts. I could drink a little room temp milk and warm chicken broth but that is it because the sores down my throat were so bad. Obviously, I took a break from all supplements as it just wasn't doable at the time.

This morning I am feeling much better other than being worn out from the experience. I resumed the Noopept and Focus XT this morning so I will also resume posting updates!

Thank you all for your patience,

Chris

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dang man, sounds like quite the ride... Glad that's behind ya now...onward and upward :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's crazy bad luck man. Hope it gets better quick

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to hear you have hopefully defined the problem and are being treated for it. Best wishes for fast healing!

iufan4lifeul

Awards
Thursday 6/11/2015 Update!

Got back to the gym this morning and because I am working on hypertrophy all my compound lifts are 10 reps. I hit PR's on EVERY single lift this morning. I felt much better than I have the past few days. I decided to take 20mg of Noopept this morning and I really think I noticed a difference. I am still somewhat tired from my illness and I imagine I will be for quite a while longer but I could tell that the Noopept definitely helped. It helped so much I hadn't realized until about 1:00PM that I missed my morning Adderall dose. I was definitely able to think more clearly and focus much better than normal. What I keep feeling is also what I keep mentioning if you are following this log. A sense of well-being. For any of you all that may have tried Noopept, do you have this same experience? I just feel happier in general and think in a more positive manner.

On a side note, I feel like I have neglected the Focus XT. First of all, let me say that I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE the fruit punch flavor of my Focus XT Caffeine Free. I was hesitant with this Blue Raspberry flavor that was sent to me. I do not like blue raspberry flavor generally. But I was always taught to be appreciative of what I was given. I have drank 5-6 servings of it now and while it still isn't fruit punch to me I definitely don't mind it. I enjoy sipping on it. As far as the effects I have taken preworkouts with 200mg of caffeine in them and it can really get me jittery as I am only slightly stim tolerant. Focus XT has NO jittery feeling to it. About the smoothest energy you could possibly imagine. I feel motivated and clear headed while taking it.

The combination together makes me much more social and fun to be around. I feel great while on both. I go above and beyond what I need to do at work because I feel like being productive.

I will do an overall rating at the very end of both but for right now I will do a "midway" rating.

Noopept- 9/10
Like: Sense of well-being, happier, able to concentrate more. Dislike: Not a night/day difference

Focus XT 9/10
Like: Energy, concentration, great blue raspberry flavor. Dislike: Flavor- I know this is unfair but if this was the Fruit Punch it would easily be a 10/10!!!!

Combo- 9.5/10
I can't give it a 10/10 because I feel 10/10 should be life-changing almost. This isn't life-changing... but it's not too far from it. The combo gives great mental alertness, great sense of well being, and overall ability to concentrate. As someone who takes Adderall I can say that Focus XT/Noopept MAY... I will repeat MAY be more effective than Adderall for my ADD like symptoms. That is a discussion for another day and also depending on everyone's individual response to these supplements.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Hell of An update brother good to see you back in action. Wait till you take the two and go do something that needs some concentration/ eye hand coordination. Its fantastic

iufan4lifeul

Awards
Tuesday 6/16/2015 Update:

Just wanted to drop on by as it has been a bit from my last update. Still using the Noopept 10mg, 3 times a day and still feeling some very good effects from it. Haven't needed to use the Focus XT as much but am sipping on some right now to get me through my afternoon at work and it is doing great!

I did want to comment about the Noopept and it's comparison to Adderall as I have mentioned in previous posts. After a continued use of the product and spacing the Adderall doses away from the Noopept I can finally differentiate some things. For me, my lack of focus also ties into a lack of energy. This is where the Adderall come in for me (as well as caffeine). These products get me going, get me thinking up to speed, and elevate my ability to function in social settings. Noopept does not have this quality, it is totally different than a stimulant. Before I started this product I had this view that racetams and Noopept had a stimulating effect. They in fact don't stimulate at all: at least for me. This doesn't mean I can't tell it is working. It is definitely a difference I feel. Like I have said before Noopept definitely impacts well-being in a positive manner. I feel like for me, as someone who suffers from ADD, Noopept and stimulants go hand in hand to help me out.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Very nice. I have found that there is a line between mental and physical stimulation. While they can go hand in hand it is not always the case. I remember using another racetam from another company and feeling the thoughts flowing freely but I didn't feel amped up at all. Just more of a clear conscious thought process.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tuesday 6/16/2015 Update:

Just wanted to drop on by as it has been a bit from my last update. Still using the Noopept 10mg, 3 times a day and still feeling some very good effects from it. Haven't needed to use the Focus XT as much but am sipping on some right now to get me through my afternoon at work and it is doing great!

I did want to comment about the Noopept and it's comparison to Adderall as I have mentioned in previous posts. After a continued use of the product and spacing the Adderall doses away from the Noopept I can finally differentiate some things. For me, my lack of focus also ties into a lack of energy. This is where the Adderall come in for me (as well as caffeine). These products get me going, get me thinking up to speed, and elevate my ability to function in social settings. Noopept does not have this quality, it is totally different than a stimulant. Before I started this product I had this view that racetams and Noopept had a stimulating effect. They in fact don't stimulate at all: at least for me. This doesn't mean I can't tell it is working. It is definitely a difference I feel. Like I have said before Noopept definitely impacts well-being in a positive manner. I feel like for me, as someone who suffers from ADD, Noopept and stimulants go hand in hand to help me out.
One day try 2 caps twice a day. I noticed a big difference between 10 and 20 mg

iufan4lifeul

Awards
Wednesday 6/24/2015 Update:

Over the past week I have used both products on and off. On the weekends I generally do not use many supplements as I am too busy and like to take a "vacation" from them to prevent becoming tolerant to them. I have been using the Noopept at its standard 10mg 3 times a day dosage but recently decided to try 20mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening. Keep in mind this isn't recommended according to the SNS Noopept bottle. I can definitely notice a huge difference between 10mg and 20mg. It completely changes my view of the product. It isn't a stimulant whatsoever so if you are exhausted it probably isn't going to do much for you BUT if you have ample mental energy it will enhance concentration, mood, etc. It is a noticeable difference whereas 10mg is a very mild effect. As far as the Focus XT. After continual use the flavor continues to grow on me. I really am enjoying this blue raspberry flavor. In fact I have drank it a few times just for the flavor alone. As for effect, Focus XT is quite noticeable. I like to sip on it to spread its benefits out a little more but if you drink it in one sitting you will have not only a lot of energy but a lot of increased focus, memory recall etc. Together these products have been a treat to try and I cannot speak highly enough of them. Stay tuned for another update before too long!