Epi 2.0 Get Big or Go Home (Sponsored)

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Just received Vital Lab's new Epi 2.0 Epicatechin product in the mail today.

Shout out to Afi140 and LeanEngineer (throw in mountainman33 for good measure) for hookin me up with this opportunity. I can't tell you how pumped I am for this run. Determination is at an all time high.

Lets get to it.

Stats:
5'11
212 lbs

Dosing: 2 am, 2 preworkout

I will be working out 5 days per week, with my rest days split (mainly wednesday and saturday). Calories are pretty constant at about 2850. I am currently cutting and getting ready for a show that is in about 8 weeks. Hoping this gives me an extra push during workouts, helps me lean, and if it even just retains my muscle during the course of this run, I will be impressed.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice man! looking forward to this! any starting pics?

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
nice man! looking forward to this! any starting pics?
yes sir. Got the package at 5 pm after work so will be taking them tmr morning and posting. Figured Id get the log up and goin tonight tho cause I couldnt wait haha.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1430790208.187016.jpg

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes sir. Got the package at 5 pm after work so will be taking them tmr morning and posting. Figured Id get the log up and goin tonight tho cause I couldnt wait haha.
Nice man! Should enjoy the run for sure

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1430834530.075172.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1430834544.624872.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1430834570.024986.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1430834585.045386.jpg

First thing in the morning. Super flat and feeling fat but hungry for improvement.

Took 1 pill this AM and will be taking 2 pre workout about 3 pm

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First thing in the morning. Super flat and feeling fat but hungry for improvement.
If it's any consolation I wake up feeling fat every morning.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, kind of like a PH, better blood plasma levels with higher concentration of ingredient. Plus, with the new ingredients the half life of the -(-)epi is greatly improved so no need IMO to split it in 3 doses. Does that make sense?

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, kind of like a PH, better blood plasma levels with higher concentration of ingredient. Plus, with the new ingredients the half life of the -(-)epi is greatly improved so no need IMO to split it in 3 doses. Does that make sense?
Does for sure. I will switch it to the 2 and 2

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
If it's any consolation I wake up feeling fat every morning.
definately makes me feel better haha. I will be posting some good pics every now and then too when im feeling swole and whatnot.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome man! Can't wait to see your results!

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
Im in! I'm running 3 bottles of this, have a before picture, im looking leaner and more full, liking it so far! Can't wait to see how OP's run goes!

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Good luck!!!!
Thanks my man. I am lookin forward to it!

Im in! I'm running 3 bottles of this, have a before picture, im looking leaner and more full, liking it so far! Can't wait to see how OP's run goes!
Awesome! Glad youre along for the ride. And good to hear its going so well for you.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was Day 1.

Workout was awesome! Took 2 about 45 minutes beforehand and then some preworkout. It was chest day and felt amazing the whole time. Not sure if placebo at first or what, but mind muscle connection was better, I was sweating/way more intensity, and recovery/endurance was high.

At the end of my lift I did 20 minutes of cardio and wanted more, just didnt have time. Went back later that night to hit some more cardio and stretch a bit.

Did fasted cardio this morning, and walking felt like a breeze. Did sprints at the end and I wasnt miserable. Miracle oxygen enhancer? Hope things only get better.

Off day today, so just cardio in AM and PM.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone had any gastrointestinal issues with an (-) Epi product? I have been having some lower abdominal bloating recently. However, this is not uncommon for me and may have absolutely nothing to do with the Epi 2.0 just throwing it out there.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Has anyone had any gastrointestinal issues with an (-) Epi product? I have been having some lower abdominal bloating recently. However, this is not uncommon for me and may have absolutely nothing to do with the Epi 2.0 just throwing it out there.
Never personally experienced that or recall reading users mentioning that. Anything is possible though. Anything else change?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, no GI issues for me.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Ok. Yeah could just be the new diet giving me a bit. We will see as we go.

But I have been feeling fuller, even on lower carbs. And even on cutting caffeine this week, my endurance (both muscular recovery and cardio) has been crazy good. Think of them as my magic energizer bunny pills. Just keeps **** going and going.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Workout yesterday was great. Hit legs, and I have had some lower back/hip issues for the past 2 years so its been a slow process progressing back into it, but my intensity and aggression was sky high. Its nice to have some of that back on leg day.

Legs-
calf raises - 4 x 20
leg press - 5 x 20, 12 - hit bouncing calf raise for 20 reps them 12 reps leg press with 2 and then 3 plates each side.
leg press - 4 x 10 - 4 plates each side
Glute Ham Raise - 4 x 10 bodyweight
rope pull throughs - 3 x 10 max on cable tower
ham curls - 4 x 10-12 focus on form

Today
High Carbs - refilling up with about 600g carbs today. Will most likely post some pictures after I fill out a bit.
Will be hitting arms and maybe some shoulders.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^Nice workout! Leg press is probably my second favorite exercise besides bench. I get a crazy pump from doing high rep leg press.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
^^Nice workout! Leg press is probably my second favorite exercise besides bench. I get a crazy pump from doing high rep leg press.
Tell me about it. Was feelin great for the legs sesh which is out of the ordinary. Pumps were great.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Been dosing 2 caps Epi in AM and 2 caps between 6 and 8 hours later with one of the doses being about 45 minutes preworkout. Anyone think there is a better dose timing?

Also been doing Fasted Cardio most days (about 5 per week for 30ish minute sessions) Not currently doing post workout cardio, but might start incorporating it this week.

Friday workout - Arms
Face cable curls - 7 x 12
DB Curl - 3 x 8
Hammer Curl - 3 x 8
Preacher Curl - 7 x 12

Straight Bar Tri Ext - 7 x 12
push ups - 3 x fail
dips - 3 x fail
BW "skullcrusher" (off smith machine bar) - 7 x 12

Got a quick shoulder pump too at the end with a few quick sets of lateral raise

Felt kind of crappy at the beginning of the workout, but after about 2 warmup sets I got goin and crushed it. Had great aggression once I got moving and going, but before I could have cared less about being at the gym. Could be due to stress and lack of caffeine. Been trying to cut back on caffeine a touch before I go hard on it, which will start this week. I will keep updates on how this affects my mental game.

Saturday - Off day
Did evening cardio, but again, was unmotivated. Forced myself to go in with the girlfreind and walk for about 40 mins. Again, once I got goin I felt like I could go forever. 40 minutes was cake on high incline. But its that initial push to get moving.

Today (Sunday May 10) - 1 Week into Epi 2.0
Shoulders and Bi's

Will update when I return from the gym.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1431295293.133678.jpg

Great pump at the gym. Arms are finally coming up (mainly bis)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
arms look solid man. That horseshoe though ;)

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Been having some killer workouts. It may take me a bit to get moving, but after I get 1 or 2 warm up sets in, the aggression that comes out...it's McDonalds slogan status right there.

Yesterday, Shoulders and Bis (Crushed it)
Spider Curls - 7 x 7
EZ Bar curls - 3 x 8
Inc Curls - 3 x 8
Cable Hammers - 7 x 7

Bradford Press - 4 x 10
Rear delt fly - 5 x 20
lateral raise - 5 x 15-20
Cable Rope Front raise - 5 x 12 (Love these, might need to post a video)
Cardio - 30 mins

Today - Back
Felt good today. Started back up on some stims and felt some mental clarity for once. Started a bit low on them, but will work my way up. Again, slow to get moving, but once I got going it was rage city.

st arm pulls to warm up
Bent DB Row - 5 x 8-12
cable row - 4 x 12 with last set drop set
lat pull down - 5 x 8-12 with last 2 sets drop set and supinated grip
SA DB Row - 4 x 8-12
St Arm Pulldown - 3 x fail
some ab work
cardio - 20 mins (got late and was behind on eating)

Feelin real good. starting to see some new definition too which is nice.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^ Nice workout! I know how you got those arms now haha

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
^^ Nice workout! I know how you got those arms now haha
Thanks man that means a lot. I have been working real hard on them the past few months now. They have always been a weak spot/lagging group and I decided it was time to change that so put everything else on the back burner for a bit.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Time for an update. Been pretty hectic with meal prepping, cutting, working 2 jobs, and girlfriend getting ready for a national show in 4 weeks from now.

Anyways.

Tuesday - Chest
Cable fly - warmup then 4 x 12-14
Incline DB Bench - 60 deg / 50 deg / 40 deg all for 2 x 10-14 with 70 lb DBs
Hammer strength Bench - 4 x fail (average 10-12) with 2 - 45's on each side (last 2 sets drop sets)
push ups - 3 x failure
dips - 4 x 10-12 with 45 lb plate (was real weak at this point)
Tri Extensions - 4 x 10-14
some weighted ab work in spinal flexion only (frontal plane)
incline walk - 15 mins

Might sound like a lot but I was done in 1hr - 1:15. Felt great. Again, slow starting, but intensity picking up as I got going. Much be the Epi making me sweat like crazy and I love that. Once the sweat starts dripping is when the intensity and focus and savage lifting goes up. Might have something to do with blood flow.

Wednesday - Off day
AM fasted cardio - 30 mins
PM Cardio - 30 mins

5/14: Thursday - Legs
AM Fasted Cardio - 30 mins

Calf raises - 4 x 20ish
straight leg calf raise - 3 x 15ish
leg press - warm ups then 6 x 10-12
glute ham raise - 4 x 10-14
rope pull throughs - 2 x 8
laying leg curl - 4 x 10-12

Been feeling good so far. The Epi has definately increased my "endurance." I am not a runner, so I dont know about the cardio endurance long term, but when I do my cardio I am not thinking about how much I hate it. I lose track of time and before I know it 30-40 minutes is gone. I absolutely hate cardio, so this is a huge blessing. I dont find myself constantly looking at the time, which is almost worth it for this product in itself. But I have been fuller than normal on a cut like this and strength is still up once I get going in the weight room. Endurance during weight sets is better too like its just a sustained strength. Not super strength, but starting and ending a set or exercise feeling similar strength levels.

So far I must say I am impressed more than I thought I would be.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Morning weight - 207

A bit too much of a weight drop for my liking. Will be incorporating a bit more carbs today to put me at 300g. Training Arms today.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Morning weight - 207

A bit too much of a weight drop for my liking. Will be incorporating a bit more carbs today to put me at 300g. Training Arms today.
You're arms are already big enough;) But keep up the good work!

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
You're arms are already big enough;) But keep up the good work!
haha thanks man for both compliments and encouragement. Theyre really not though Ill have to take a measurement tonight when I get home. This is my last week of a 4 week arm blast, which I have quite enjoyed BTW. I have a bad habit of not incorporating arms into my workouts and when I do I tend to have it last in my workout and skip them.

Opposite of everyone else.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea I usually have an arm day and then I will hit biceps light when i do back, or if i need a quick pump. haha. which means if I'm going out I gotta get that bicep pump going haha

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Arm workout yesterday was the same as the Friday before.

Today is off/Cardio (AM Fasted and PM) about 30 mins each incline walking.

Tomorrow will be Bi's and shoulders again. The 4 week arm blast is coming to a close, and then will cruise for a week or 2 and start shoulder blast.

Diet
Has been 100-150g carbs on "off days", 200g on lifting days, and 500g one day hitting target muslce.

Yesterday did higher carb at 300g for the day. Will be switching to 100g carb on "off" days, 150g lifting days, and 300g one day of the week when I workout my target area (has been arms and will be shoulders soon)

Been going really well so far. Will post updated PICS tomorrow and some more details.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1431902117.556209.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1431902129.258446.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1431902261.727816.jpg

Today is the 2 Week mark. Might try to do some side-by-sides at the end. Will take pictures similar to the ones posted today at the end so I can try to do some side by sides for comparison in similar conditions/lighting and whatnot.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! Keep it up!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice pic update. It's much needed/appreciated in logs. Back and Lats look solid! Keep up the good work! Next two weeks should be fun.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's quite the spread with such a small waist!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice looking lats to!

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys i appreciate it. Its been fun so far and I am excited to see what the next 2 weeks bring.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Sorry Ive been a bit absent recently. Nothing new to report and just been busy with the girlfriend getting ready for jr nationals in 3 weeks.

Monday - back
Tues - chest
Wed - Shoulders

All solid workouts. Tomorrow is legs.

The -Epi is really shining in the endurance department. Fullness factor is still around even on low carbs.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
cool. Any other details your noticing ? Any leaning out or muscle hardness? Looking forward to a full detailed update tomorrow after your leg workout :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome. That's what I notice most when on an epi product is muscle fullness and recovery.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Leaning out pretty good. Weight is at 207 currently. Details starting to come in, lower abs still not there though. Upper 4 are edging in a bit better. Will update with some pics soon too.

Friday - may 22. - Legs Day

Felt like cabbage today. Was ok in the morning but just tired and weak and slow moving all day. Got home from work and took my preworkout and pre-workout Epi 2.0 and was a medicore session. Again, slow to get moving.

Legs:
Calf raise - 5 x 20ish
Leg Press - warmups, 10,12,10,10,8,8,6 (felt real good through this and got the most work done here)
Glute Ham Raise - 3 x 10ish (started feeling slow and tired)
Leg Curl - 2 or 3 x 8-10 (just going through motions here)
Reverse Situps - 2 x 8ish (same)
Reverse Curls - for pump

Not sure what it was. Maybe just an off day, maybe the lower carbs are getting to me. Was a bit higher today at 200g carbs. Might need to bump up some caffeine too. Taking tomorrow off from lifting but will still be on some cardio grind.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to here. Everyone needs rest days. What do you usually do for cardio?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout and update. How has sleep been? I'm a caffeine and sleep addict so I feel you. If I am lacking in either of those departments my day is no Bueno lol

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What kind of weights are you using on your exercises?