Bringing the pain with Cannibal Ferox!

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
How's it going everyone, Chuck Box here getting a log started for Chaos and Pain's Cannibal Ferox, the premier and well known pre workout these guys have brought to the pre workout genre. Big thanks to Pryobatt and Chaos and Pain for providing the opportunity for the log.

Little about me.. 26 yo/218lbs/5'11''

Currently on a 2 a day type split, working for 5-6 days a week of weights with an active rest day or two. Possibly will be competing in a show this summer so I am starting to cut more and more to get in a condition where I need about a month notice or so to dial in.

Currently using a different pre/fat burner in the morning so Ferox will be used in the evening for my second workout. Here are some pics of the product to get you all up to speed.

c1.jpg

Ingredient list:

c2.jpg

As you can see, Ferox is loaded with the focus agents and also some good nootropics including noopept, which I have used standalone with success. Also, there is a decent dose of citrulline and creatine for performance enhancement, along with the stims caffeine, synephrine, yohimbine, and acacia rigidula.

Dosing (bodyweight dependent)

c3.jpg

Had my first try at Ferox today and decided to test tolerance by going with 1/2 a scoop. The taste (lemon) was excellent and not overly artificial tasting. The powder mixed fine and there was no sediment. Here is a pic of the scoop and powder

c4.jpg

Took about 20 min for the Ferox to kick in and when it did I found it had good energy but the focus overpowered it by a longshot. I was fixated on whatever I was doing and felt in the zone! Noticed more vascularity than usual and the focus effects are still here now a few hours after my workout.

First impressions:

-Vascularity
-Zone in focus
-No jitters
-Great taste

Stay tuned for more as I find the sweet spot for dosing!

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Awesome first impressions! Just waiting for mine to come Now :)

450mg caffeine! The highest I've had is 400. I'm atom tolerant so this is perfect for me! Along with the other ingredient profile.

blokpost

blokpost

Awards
  • Established
Nice review. 450 mg is my sweet spot, without giving me crashes. Hope mine arrives soon. Can't wait to try it ^_^

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I think i'm going to give this a shot in the future.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in. ?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I hate being in the UK... All the U.S. Logs I have ran means it takes like a week longer to get the product here haha.

Keep coming home from work hoping to the parcel just sat waiting for me :)

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I hate being in the UK... All the U.S. Logs I have ran means it takes like a week longer to get the product here haha.

Keep coming home from work hoping to the parcel just sat waiting for me :)
pretty sure Powermyself ships all C&P products

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they do, I'm not sure how they have sent it from AM.. I'm doing it as a log so not sure if they would contact powermyself or send it directly from their facility in the U.S.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they do, I'm not sure how they have sent it from AM.. I'm doing it as a log so not sure if they would contact powermyself or send it directly from their facility in the U.S.
I used to take permaswole when it came out, friends took ferox ; said it was v close to the feeling of scratchy mdma, haha

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Awesome first impressions! Just waiting for mine to come Now :)

450mg caffeine! The highest I've had is 400. I'm atom tolerant so this is perfect for me! Along with the other ingredient profile.
Yeah the 450 mg is quite a bit so I'll be working up to it.. 350 mg is usually my sweet spot. But even at half a scoop man the focus was great

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Nice review. 450 mg is my sweet spot, without giving me crashes. Hope mine arrives soon. Can't wait to try it ^_^
Dude you'll love this then! Full scoop is 450 mg, I've only done up to 3/4 scoop so far but no crash whatsoever

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys so today was the 3rd workout with Ferox. First and second day I stuck with 1/2 scoop but today I bumped it up to 3/4 for leg day.

All I gotta say is DAMN that was a good workout lol! Focus and determination was on point! Also.. felt really aggressive in the gym and I contribute that a lot to that real intense focus and euphoria Ferox gives. All those nootropics and stims are doing there job ;)

Legs felt full and had a good pump and again the vascularity was pronounced, and that impresses me considering there is only one real pump ingredient (citrulline).

Going to stay at 3/4 of a scoop for a while.. Might bump up to 1 scoop on days where I don't have an AM workout

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Update..

Went in tonight and hit legs even though Sat is typically an off day. Been staying with 3/4 scoop as I don't see a need to go any higher, plus I have caffeine in the early AM so don't want to go overboard.

Gotta say I've been really impressed with the pumps from Ferox.. I know it's not marketed as a pump oriented pre like cannibal swole, but damn this stuff gets me vascular and veiny. I typically don't use citrulline except awhile back I had some bulk powder of it, but that's the only real ingredient in Ferox I can contribute the pumps too.

Still digging the aggressiveness/edge feeling I get from this stuff, almost feels like I'm on a test booster or cycle of something lol! Great mindset to smash the weights though, Chaos and Pain really nailed living up to Ferox's claims for some intense workouts.

Anyhow, had a good leg day primarily focusing on hams and calves and keeping the rep ranges in 10-15 for hypertrophy and pump.

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Alright so worked up to a full scoop today since I took off my AM workout, ended up doing one full scoop mixed with 50 grams carbs from HBCD powder (high carb day).

Boom! Talk about a smack to the face today lol, energy and focus were on point! Great vascularity and pumps as usual, but nothing more notable than my usual 3/4 scoop.

Got in a solid back workout focusing on pull ups, rows, and pull overs.

One thing to note is I think I've been dosing my Ferox too far from my workouts, so I'm going to start drinking it on the way to the gym instead of 20-30 min before.

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Sorry haven't updated much this week, been real busy with work but got all my training in. Pushed my PM workouts back a little later so pushed down my dosage to 1/2 scoop on some days when I knew I was gona be up early the next day.

Effects seem to be still the same as first few dosings, so I don't think tolerance build up to Ferox is too much of an issue, but after going back down to 1/2 scoop on some days I definitely noticed the lack of tunnel vision and aggression I get with higher dosing. Pumps are still good regardless of dosing which is cool though.

I ran out of my HBCD carb powder couple days ago so mixed Ferox with a gatorade pre today since its a carb up. Tasted pretty good with a lemon lime gatorade!

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Alright.. So looks like I am about halfway through the bottle, going to give a little midway review..

Gotta say I am impressed with Ferox so far, I find it to be a pretty unique pre workout. Unique in the fact that I get more focus and aggression out of it then most other pre's. I've had fat burners give me more focus, but as far as pre workouts, this is in the top 5. I think a lot has to do with the nootropics (esp noopept) that give Ferox the edge in this department. Not sure what really causes the aggressiveness in the gym, but I'm not complaining. Only other pre that gave me and aggressive feeling was Bullnox, but it didn't give much focus.

Like I've mentioned in the log, I get nice pumps from Ferox despite it only having citrulline as a vasolidator. I find I can also push more weight in the gym and strength has improved in some areas (shoulders and arms noticeably). I attribute this to the creatine and betaine as they are both shown to increase strength.

Still loving the lemon lime flavor, has not gotten old and I typically look forward to sippin on it which is more than I can say about some pre drinks.

Looking to finish the bottle off strong! No tolerance noted so each workout the Ferox does its job and feels fresh!

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man, I'm enjoying mine too!

Glad to see your not building a tolerence too, I also agree with the aggressiveness in the gym!

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man, I'm enjoying mine too!

Glad to see your not building a tolerence too, I also agree with the aggressiveness in the gym!
Yeah no tolerance yet which is great, nothing worse than having to constantly up the dose on a pre workout each time you use it! And cool, glad to see your getting the aggressiveness too, definitely helps in the gym

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Update:

I finished up something I was using for my AM workouts so now moved to Ferox as my main source of energy (caffeine) for the whole day. I usually have caffeine in the morning with my AM workouts but been skipping it and hitting Ferox with my PM weight workouts as usual but I have upped the dosage again.

Today went with a heaping (I'll be honest, a little more than a full scoop lol) scoop about 20 min prior to hitting the weights for back day. At first I felt pretty stimmed out but after the initial rush subsided it was nothing but beast mode! I felt great, and maybe part of it was because of not only increasing the dosage but cutting caffeine out from the morning.

Got legs tomorrow, I might try dosing 3/4 scoop 20 min prior then sipping the other 1/4 intra. Sometimes I will do that when I have longer workouts but haven't done so in some time.

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Despite being a crazy day made it to the gym this evening to do legs. Unfortunately wasn't able to get in as many meals as usual today due to schedule so treated this evening as a mild backload w/a little more carbs and protein than usual.

I was up at 5am this morning to do some studying before going in to work for the day so I hit 1/4 scoop of ferox to help w/ focus which it's great for as a little pick me up.

Went with a little more than 3/4 scoop tonight for legs and like I said despite the missed meals today I killed legs and hit 405 for 4 working sets which is better than usual!

Went on to hit some good mornings and extensions for both quads/hams then ended the workout with some light lunges!

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Came back to the gym after a bit of some time off.. Had vacation time available so went out of town over the weekend and got some much needed time off. Kept the diet fairly clean but had a "cheat meal" each night. Only real exercise was just active rest (did a hike, walking, etc.) so nothing too taxing. Brought the Ferox and hit about half a scoop in the mornings in place of coffee.

Back in the gym today and started the week of with some chest (ya ya international chest day lol). Dosed full scoop and sipped on the Ferox while driving to the gym.

Some notables from the workout..

Incline DB presses- 135 lb'ers for 12 reps
Dips w/90 lbs-25 reps
BB flat bench- 225x17, 315x10, 365x3x3

Felt good after taking the few days off and getting some extra cals in over the weekend seemed to help out in the strength department.

Looks like I have maybe a weeks worth or so of the Ferox left, been digging this stuff and highly recommend it for those who like high stim/nootropic enhanced pre's

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys, finished up my last few scoops of Ferox over Memorial Day weekend (sorry didn't log over it, spent some needed time away from the electronics w/the family ;))

Final review posted below! Thanks again to Chaos and Pain for giving out the opportunity to log this bad boy of a pre workout, got me through a tough month of workouts and without spoiling the review too much, this stuff was the **** if your looking for something to get you going.

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
This is my final review/impression for Chaos and Pain's premier pre workout Cannibal Ferox. Thanks again guys for the logging opportunity!

Cannibal Ferox as most of you know is a pretty intense looking pre, and the version I received is the newest the brand has put out (this is the version without AMP citrate). Other than the non-stim pre Cannibal Swole, it is Chaos and Pain's primary pre workout product. I used this over the course of a few weeks prior to my weight sessions which ended up being in the evening or very early morning. I'll be rating Ferox based on Value, Taste/Mixibility, Ingredients, and Performance.

VALUE (5/5): I received the product free to log, but looking around online I found it at most retailers in the 30 dollar range. I think this is fair considering the Ferox is dosed at enough for a month of workouts and even more depending on the dosage.

TASTE/MIXING (5/5): First off, kudos to Chaos and Pain for leaving the coloring dyes out of the equation. I really dislike seeing companies pour dyes into their flavored products. The taste of Ferox was a smooth, non overpowering lemonade that I actually looked forward to drinking. I had no issues mixing the powder in a shaker bottle or with a spoon.

INGREDIENTS (4/5): Already huge points here just for the transparent dosages listed. What a potent blend of stims and nootropics mixed together! Awesome addition of Noopept, I really liked seeing a nootropic of that level added to a pre workout. One critique I have is the caffeine is at a whole 450 mg per scoop, which made it a little difficult to dose at first because my sweet spot is usually between 3-400 mg. Also, I loved the citrulline and the dosage, but would liked to see another pump ingredient or two added. Other than those critiques, I think the formula was unique and more geared toward the energy and focus aspect.

PERFORMANCE (4.5/5): LOVED my workouts while on the Ferox.. Stuff was excellent to say the least. Focus and aggression were on point, at times I felt like I had just taken something hormonal with the aggression I would get in the gym! No surprise I had great focus too, considering the type of stims and nootropics included in the formula. Sometimes I would take like 1/4 or less of a scoop prior to work/studying for that extra focus it would give. Although there wasn't too much pump ingredients, I typically achieved a nice pump from my workouts but I think it was more from the mind-muscle connection I would get. I would have liked to stack this with a non stim pump product, as the effects probably would have been awesome.

Like I mentioned, workouts with the Ferox were aggressive and fun, leading to some nice strength increases on days I was really amped up, and I noticed more power/strength especially on leg and chest days. Went up probably around 10-20 lbs on various lifts which I think is a pretty good amount. I had increased my calorie/carb intake recently also so could be a contributing factor too. Overall though, I think that aggressiveness helped out on some of the big lifts.

OVERALL (5/5): Think enough said on this pre guys.. Something I will definitely add into my rotation of pre's but also something I think needs to be cycled off for awhile to keep that intensity and edge fresh.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Great review man... I have about a week or just over left of my run with it and it's great!!

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Great review man... I have about a week or just over left of my run with it and it's great!!
Yeah its always sad when your on the last week of a good supp lol especially pre's (at least for me because I'll take a stim break for awhile)