Black Lion Research Transdermal

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
First off I want to thank Brundel and everyone at Black Lion Research for this awesome opportunity!

The product I am logging is a transdermal AI that is also a fat burner.

I am natural, so I am not using this as PCT just looking for help losing extra fat. Currently I am about 3 months into a cut and down 40 pounds, currently at 193, not sure how much of that is glycogen.
My other starting stats that I will be aiming to get down are naval at 37in. pushed out and 35.5in. slightly drawn in/flexed. I measured these both to make it less variable.

My main training goal is strength, but because of water loss I expect some strength loss. My overall goal is fat loss at the moment, so some strength loss is okay anyways.
I train 5-6 days a week depending on if I need to take an extra rest day. Of my lifts my main focus has been on pulls lately as they have been moving up, up until this last week, while cutting.
My split is Pulls-Squat-Bench-Pulls-Squat-Bench-Rest. Sometimes I throw in an extra rest day when needed. For most exercises I hit 3 sets to failure and it has been working pretty well, again, especially for my pulls.

Other supplements I am using are Vitamin C, Magnesium, Biotin, St. John's Wort, Creatine, Citrulline Malate(pre-workout), and Leucine.

I will try to note all changes I experience as well as a weekly weigh in and measurement.

3pic_B3ast

3pic_B3ast

Awards
  • Established
In.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In buddy

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm in !

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see how it works for you.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
In hurrrrrr

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed! Lets get it going!

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Hey! Welcome everyone! I have been busy these past two days, so late to posting my first day on it and will post today's later tonight.

Day 1: 4/16/15

First day so I was not expecting to notice much yet. My schedule this day and from how training had been going the past week had me feeling run down, so I took it mostly as a rest day.

All of the applications today were to the clavicle-neck-upper chest area, but were also all pretty hard because of flexibility. The first application dried quickly and all adsorbed into my skin. For the second application I tried using a sandwich bag for application which I liked more than trying to used my wrists, but was still not the easiest flexibility wise, but it did still absorb well. The third application, same technique as the second, was the only one in which I had problems getting it to absorb and I think it was just because it was awkward and took a while to get it massaged it. Day 2 I have tried upper thigh and like it a lot more, I will talk more about that on my next post.

I did do a little abs on this day still.
-Bent/Tucked Knee Front Levers for 10, 6, 5 reps. 1 minute rests.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Day 2: 4/17/15
This day ended up being a rest day because before I got to start lifting I got called and had to leave town on personal business.
My first application this day was clavicle and the last two were to upper thigh. All applications absorbed really well, but I am definitely liking thigh more.

I did get some work done earlier in the day I helped with a food drive and was carrying bags and boxes out to people's cars for a little over 2 hours.
I noticed that I felt really good as if I did not really feel myself wearing out, not so much extra energy, but more so endurance, so I will be looking out to see if that continues. I was also sweating a lot, it was pretty warm, but I think this was definitely more than usual

Day 3: 4/18/15
Still had to be out of town. I thought I was going to be coming back this morning so I did not get to dose for this day. Sorry about that, but it was really serious or else I would not have taken the time off to go.

One upside is that I got these extra rests out of the way in the beginning of the log because I was feeling like I needed a deload lately and was having a shoulder problem, so hopefully I will be 100% for the rest of the log. I am excited to see what this product can do for me!

Also this was my last cheat/carb day until the 2nd, or at least I am going to try to make it until then. haha

Squats tonight, so I will post that up later.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sometimes life gets in the way!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 2: 4/17/15
This day ended up being a rest day because before I got to start lifting I got called and had to leave town on personal business.
My first application this day was clavicle and the last two were to upper thigh. All applications absorbed really well, but I am definitely liking thigh more.

I did get some work done earlier in the day I helped with a food drive and was carrying bags and boxes out to people's cars for a little over 2 hours.
I noticed that I felt really good as if I did not really feel myself wearing out, not so much extra energy, but more so endurance, so I will be looking out to see if that continues. I was also sweating a lot, it was pretty warm, but I think this was definitely more than usual

Day 3: 4/18/15
Still had to be out of town. I thought I was going to be coming back this morning so I did not get to dose for this day. Sorry about that, but it was really serious or else I would not have taken the time off to go.

One upside is that I got these extra rests out of the way in the beginning of the log because I was feeling like I needed a deload lately and was having a shoulder problem, so hopefully I will be 100% for the rest of the log. I am excited to see what this product can do for me!

Also this was my last cheat/carb day until the 2nd, or at least I am going to try to make it until then. haha

Squats tonight, so I will post that up later.
Is the shoulder a pre existing injury? There were complaints of joint pain in some.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Is the shoulder a pre existing injury? There were complaints of joint pain in some.
Yeah, to clarify it was something that was bothering/started for me the week before I started this, so not related. It is feeling good now, benching tonight, so I will see for sure how it goes.
I know you had said that on the main post, so I was planning to keep my fish oil a little high, around 10 g's just in case.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Day 4: 4/19/15

-Jump Squats worked up to 215 for 3.
No pain! I am happy with these. These had been a little off lately. Not a PR, but not far off from it.

-Tucked Knee Front Levers With Leg Extended at Top 6, 4, 3 reps. 1 minute rests.
I liked these a lot! This is my first time trying them, but it is part of my progression to a full front lever.

Pretty simple day, I lift at home so I do not have much to work with and I have been getting over a problem with my right glute. Do not worry squats days are not usually this low in volume, but I did not want to push my glute after driving for around 2 hours altogether that day.
I had to exclude an exercise from squat day because it started taking away from my pull day too much, but I am going to start trying Bulgarian Split squats next workout and see how they feel on my glute and affect my pulls.

Even without considering the driving and sleep, this was great and I felt really strong.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Would LAX help with the dry joints caused by this product?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would LAX help with the dry joints caused by this product?
A big part of how ais cause joint pain is inflammation. So follidrone would help. Anything anti inflammatory will help. Nsaids will help.
Probably a good idea to run foll with it as a cycle.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In here.

The sweating is something else and I would be dripping in 10 min at the gym. It really warms you up.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A big part of how ais cause joint pain is inflammation. So follidrone would help. Anything anti inflammatory will help. Nsaids will help.
Probably a good idea to run foll with it as a cycle.
Noted !

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Day 5: 4/20/15

-Paused Wide/New Grip Bench Press 225 for 9, 7, 7 reps. 3 minute rests.
This is pretty awesome. My bench had been holding around 225 for 9 since I started my cut, but had dipped down these last 2 weeks, but I had not tried 225 again until now. Also no shoulder pain today, so yay!
I have been playing with this wider grip for a few weeks now and have been liking it.
Randomly got pumped calves and lats on these, this is not normal, so I thought I would note it.

-Dips +25 for 12, 9, 7 reps. 1 minute rests.
These felt good, but my shoulder felt a little eh.

-DB Overhead Press 42.5′s for 12, 6, 5 reps. 1 minute rests.
Tied with my PR, so that is awesome!
My shoulders suck. haha
But actually one cool thing I noticed the other day was that I could see the my front deltoid's separation through my shirt which I think is new.

-1-Arm Crossbody Triceps Extensions 22.5 for 12, 9, 7 reps. 1 minute + opposite arm’s set as rests.
These felt pretty great. I have not tried them in years. My shoulder felt a little achey on these.

Felt really good today and strength seems to be staying steady, so we will see how much pull day goes tomorrow.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff bro. Great log.
I really appreciate when guys put a lot into their logs. It makes them more interesting and more enjoyable to follow.
This way people are actually reading when things happen :)

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in for the shredz

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
In on dis ...

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff bro. Great log.
I really appreciate when guys put a lot into their logs. It makes them more interesting and more enjoyable to follow.
This way people are actually reading when things happen :)
Thanks man! I usually log all of my workouts in this much detail so it is something I am used to. It is also nice because when using a new product it is a lot easier for me to look for what is different.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Day 6: 4/21/15

Got in an epsom salt bath this morning + I started a program for shoulder alignment. I repeated the stretch portion a lot throughout the workout.
Also I am still having stomach problems from a week and a half ago, so idk what is up with that, but it is not related to the product.

-Snatch Grip Rack Pulls 490 for 10, 6, 4 reps. 3 minute rests.
My belt has been loose since I started using one on these a month ago, but it was the loosest yet today, so I tightened it after my sets for next workout.
Yay! Finally back on track. This should be around equal with my 510 for 6 that I got on the 8th.
Once I hit 520 for 10 I should theoretically be good for 600 off the floor after some peaking, but I might be off.

-Pullups +35 for 9, 6, 5 reps. 1 minute rests + the stretch before each set.
This is awesome! I got +25 for 9 reps exactly a month ago.

-Yates Rows 205 for 1 set of 34 reps.
These felt good.

-Cheat Curls 115 for 10, 8, 7 reps. 1 minute rests.
These felt really good on the 2nd and 3rd set, on the first set the technique I like to use was off. Got the start of a nice biceps pump going.
The way I do these is I start lowering the bar like a Romanian Deadlift to load my posterior chain, then I explode my hips through into the curl. I have been doing these for a little over a month and I like them a lot.

-Fat Grip 1-Arm Curls 22.5 for 14, 12, 10 reps. Rest was other arm’s set.
Biceps got really pumped on these.
First time trying these, my grip is horrendous, so I want to start using fat grips somehow.
Measured my arms at 17 in. today which is 1 in. down from the start of my cut. Lose 40 pounds and only one inch off of my arms? I will take that!

-Inversion Table for 5 minutes.

Overall an awesome lifting day. I am very happy with all of the numbers I got.
The belt being as loose as it was today is honestly huge. I was feeling full-ish by the time I put it on because I was chugging water because of my stomach problem, and again, it was still the loosest it has been yet. I am excited to see my navel measurements Thursday, I am not too focused on my weight because losing weight is not the goal, losing fat is.
My muscles felt pretty full today which is definitely nice
Also as I mentioned I got a bit of a calf pump the previous day from benching out of no where then today they were a bit sore in the morning. I never get DOM's in my calves from anything on squat day usually, so it is interesting. This might be unrelated.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice ?

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Day 7: 4/22/15

-Beltless Squats with band around knees worked up to 275 for 3.
No glute pain.
Stopped here because I was feeling drained from the previous day and did not get a ton of sleep.

-Bulgarian Split Squats with a 42.5 DB for 20 reps, and 2 sets of 15. 1 minute rests.
These were not to failure. I started with my left leg and my right leg ended up feeling weaker, so next workout I will try starting with my right to see how that feels. The back leg’s quad felt like it was working too, so I am trying to factor that in.
Got a nice pump on these.

-Tucked Knee Front Levers With Leg Extended at Top for 7, 5, 4 reps. 1 minute rests.
PR over last workout which was the first time extending my legs at the top.

-BFR(Occlusion) Band Leg Extensions 50, 40, 30 reps. Opposite legs as rest.
-Moved straight into 3 Minute Light BFR bike.
This felt pretty good. I have experimented with BFR before and decided to add it back in. I probably should have gone a little tighter.

-Jump Squats 95 for 3 sets of 3. 1 minute rests.
Went light on these and just tried to be as explosive as possible.

-Inversion table for 5 minutes.

Overall a pretty good lifting day considering how it started.
Sweating more still, but not too badly.
One thing I have not mentioned, but I think my loads are possibly bigger along with better erection quality after lack of sleep, which usually kills it for me. I will be... monitoring these. haha

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good. Nice work.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Good. Nice work.
Thanks guys! Also thanks again to everyone else following along.

Another thing that might be related that is worth mentioning is that I think I am dreaming more from this stuff. I am not sure if anyone else is noticing this or if it is unrelated, but I have been definitely dreaming more these past few days. That is another thing I will have to monitor for my final review, though I cannot say it is good or bad. Possible sleep benefits? I will keep you guys up to date.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys! Also thanks again to everyone else following along. Another thing that might be related that is worth mentioning is that I think I am dreaming more from this stuff. I am not sure if anyone else is noticing this or if it is unrelated, but I have been definitely dreaming more these past few days. That is another thing I will have to monitor for my final review, though I cannot say it is good or bad. Possible sleep benefits? I will keep you guys up to date.

Hmm, I have had a few vivid dreams too. I usually can't remember them the next day but twice this week I woke up & could remember them pretty well.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love vivid dreams!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks guys! Also thanks again to everyone else following along.

Another thing that might be related that is worth mentioning is that I think I am dreaming more from this stuff. I am not sure if anyone else is noticing this or if it is unrelated, but I have been definitely dreaming more these past few days. That is another thing I will have to monitor for my final review, though I cannot say it is good or bad. Possible sleep benefits? I will keep you guys up to date.
I had a few very real dreams the past few days as well... Didnt connect the dots tho. The last two nights especially..

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Day 8: 4/23/15

Second measurements: Navel pushed out 36.5 in.(-.5) and navel drawn in/flexed ~35 in.(-.5) Bw:189(-4)
Wow! I was not expecting that much of a difference. My scale might be messed up, but again the main focus is changing the navel measurements.
If my scale is right though, then that is pretty crazy for a week especially because I have been in the 190's for probably a month now. Also I lost that while gaining a little strength.

-Paused Wide/New Grip Bench Press 245 for 6, 4, 5 reps. 3 minute rests.
Right shoulder is still feeling a little rough.
I am happy with this, PR is 7, but the last time I did AMRAP on these on the 3rd of this month I only got 5. Before that I had matched my PR on March 5th.
Knowing how I work this should be stronger than my last workout of 225 for 9 by 1 rep.

-DB Overhead Press 47.5′s for 10, 5, 5 reps. 1 minute rests.
This should be a nice PR, best before this was 9 on March 20th.

-DB Flys 42.5′s for 7, 6, 5 reps. 1 minute rests.
Best is 8 as the second exercise, so not bad. Shoulder felt off.

-Crossbody Triceps Extensions 27.5 for 8, 5, 4 reps. 1 minute rests.
Second time doing these recently, but this is possibly a PR from the 12 with 22.5. I will probably try for 15 with 22.5 next time. Shoulder also felt off on these.

-Inversion table 5 minutes.

Overall a pretty great workout.
Quads were crazy sore today.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow 4lbs loss in a week is sick.
This stuff shreds off fat like nothing else. That plus some strength gain....how many natty compounds do this?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This stuff shreds off fat like nothing else. That plus some strength gain....how many natty compounds do this?
None that ive ever tried. None. I am a blr believer

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hope the oral works this well, I'm starting Monday!!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i can not wait until this comes out on the market.. :)

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Crazy

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Going 1 more week without a cheat day then I am going to try to keep it to 1 a week which is what I had been doing, so I am pretty excited to see what I can get out of the rest of this run.
One thing I did not reiterate was 3 of those days of the first week were rest days! I was still in a deficit for 2 of them, but not getting anything done and mostly just sitting around. Honestly I am amazed and was not even expecting that huge of a change.

I will say however I am not enjoying the dreaming, but it is definitely worth it.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Any pics?
Yeah, they were not very flattering, I wish I would have tried to get better pictures, but I will throw them up at the end with the afters.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Day 9: 4/24/15

Took this as a rest day. I usually like to do fascia stretches done on rest days, but I only got a few done today.

Rest day, got some fascia stretches in.

Mid Back 2 minutes.
Lat Stretch with 50#’s 1 minute.
Snatch Grip Mid Back Stretch 1 minutes.
Hamstring Stretch 90 seconds.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Day 10: 4/25/15

-Snatch Grip Rack Pulls 480 for 4, 6, 4, 4 reps. 3 minute rests.
Ugh, the roller coaster continues. I am still getting stomach problems which I think is a contributing factor because it does not feel that heavy, but, without going into too much detail, my bowls kinda halt me at the beginning of the pull. Again, this was going on before I started the product, so it is not related.

-Yates Rows 315 for 7, 5, 4 reps. 1 minute rests.
These were definitely dirty, but they felt awesome. PR

-Shrugs 385 for 9, 7, 6 reps. 1 minute rests.
Added a belt and got a 1 rep PR. After the first set these felt great, I had to figure out a good groove.

-Jump Pulls 135 for 3 sets of 3. 1 minute rests.
Playing around with the inclusion of explosive movements at the end of the workout.

-1-Arm Fat Grip DB Curls 27.5 for 12, 9, 8 reps. other arm as rests.
These felt awesome today, great pump.

-Inversion Table for 5 minutes.

Overall a pretty good after rack pulls.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Day 11: 4/26/15

-Bent/Tucked Knee Front Levers for 9, 6, 5 reps. 1 minute rests.

-BFR Band Leg Extensions for 60, 50, 40, and 3 sets of 30. Opposite leg as rest.
These felt great after.

-BFR Biking for 5 minutes.

Did not have a lot of time and something around my glute felt tweaked so I kept it simple and just got this done fast.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 9: 4/24/15

Took this as a rest day. I usually like to do fascia stretches done on rest days, but I only got a few done today.

Rest day, got some fascia stretches in.

Mid Back 2 minutes.
Snatch Grip Mid Back Stretch 1 minutes.
Hamstring Stretch 90 seconds.
This is some good stuff to do, I used to but got out of the habit. Went to a seminar about 20 years ago put on by John Parrillo , I learned a lot!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good job.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Day 12: 4/27/15

-Really warmed up my shoulders and did the alignment stuff as well.

-Paused Wide/New Grip Bench Press 235 for 8, 6, 5 reps. 3 minute rests.
Very happy with this. Tied with my PR on this, and should have me pressing around 300 still. Taking into account the amount of weight/inches around my navel I have been losing this is awesome as I started my cut with a 305 bench.
I only got 6 with this on the 10th, but not sure if it was really to failure that day.

-Dips + 30 for 12-6-4 reps. Rest pause.
This is a PR. I think I forgot to use my mouth piece on these which honestly makes a rep or so difference so even more awesome.

-1-Arm DB Overhead Press 52.5 for 6-3-2 reps. Rest pause.
This is a PR also.

-Cross Body Triceps Extensions 27.5 for 9, 6, 4 reps. 1 minute + other arm’s set rests.
Awesome! This is a PR from last workout.

-Inversion Table 5 minutes.

Overall an awesome lifting day.

Day 13: 4/28/15

Ended up taking this one off because I kinda needed to schedule wise, but it works out to give me a rest day before my next pull day.