Age Force's IGF-1+MGF Patch Log

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is the first supplement to use of the powerful synergy between IGF-1 and MGF. We are enhancing the natural increase of MGF and IGF-1 that occurs after strenuous workouts to maximize muscle growth and repair. It is this natural synergy of IGF-1 and it's muscle specific cousin MGF which makes the AgeForce IGF-1 + MGF patch so powerful. Bodybuilders and other athletes have known about these beneficial effects for decades. Accordingly, IGF-1 and more recently its muscle specific metabolite MGF-1 are among the most popular supplements for athletes competing in sports that require increased strength and minimal body fat.

figure5-IGF.png

About IGF-1 and MGF (Use this link for a fully referenced research paper for IGF-1 and MGF)

IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor 1) also know as somatomedin C, is a downstream metabolite of growth hormone. IGF-1 is produced primarily by the liver as an endocrine hormone. The production of IGF-1 peaks during the pubertal growth sport and declines thereafter.

MGF-1 (mechano-growth factor I) also known as IGF-I Ec in humans, is the "bodybuilding cousin" of IGF-1 which is responsible for the repair and structural growth of muscle cells.

This patch enhances the natural pro-anocolic process! The new AgeForce IGF-1 + MGF patch does thus work via the same natural pro-anabolic process that is triggered by exercise.

Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), which is also known as somatomedin C, is a downstream metabolite of growth hormone. IGF-1 is produced primarily by the liver as an endocrine hormone. The production of IGF-1 peaks during the pubertal growth sport and declines thereafter.

Age is yet not the only parameter that influences the production IGF-1. Dieting and a reduced of carbohydrate intake impair the production of the highly anabolic growth hormone derivate, as well. Scientists call this effect "hepatic growth hormone resistance" (Bielohuby. 2011). Practically speaking, the liver stops producing IGF-1. The consequences can range from a minor reduction in muscle protein synthesis to significant reductions in muscle mass and bone mineral density (Grounds. 2002; Bielohuby. 2010).

figure1-IGF.png

The administration of IGF-1 in form of injections or transdermal patches will reverse age- or diet-induced trend towards lower muscle and bone mass.

Figure 1: A reduction in carbohydrates andor total energy intake during a diet or the age-induced decline in IGF-1 production can lead to significant reductions in muscle and bone mass.

And there is more: Studies indicate that the administration of pro-anabolic GH derivate IGF-1 can do more than to fill up the lack of IGF-1 on energetically and / or calorically reduced diets.

Studies from the University of California, San Francisco, for example, indicate that the administration of IGF-1 will trigger significant and relatively rapid changes in body composition in men with excess abdominal fat.

There are still only few controlled human trials with IGF-1 but those that exist show similar beneficial effects on glucose & triglyceride metabolism and body composition

figure2-IGF.png

Figure 2: There are still only few controlled human trials with IGF-1 but those that exist show
similar beneficial effects on glucose & triglyceride metabolism and body composition as the a
2010 study by Rao et al.

Bodybuilders and other athletes have known about these beneficial effects for decades. Accordingly, IGF-1 and more recently its muscle specific metabolite MGF-1 are among the most popular supplements for athletes competing in sports that require increased strength, maximal lean and minimal fat mass (Azzazy. 2005; Saugy. 2006).

figure3-IGF.png

Figure 3: strenuous workoutsMGF-1 or mechano-growth factor I, which is also known as IGF-I Ec in humans, is only markedly up-regulated in exercised and damaged muscle. It is thus the "bodybuilding cousin" of IGF-1 which is responsible for the repair and structural growth of muscle cells.

The AgeForce IGF-1 + MGF Patch is the first transdermal patch on the market to make use of the perfect synergy between both of these powerful anabolics. In that it mimics the natural increase of MGF and IGF-1 that occurs after strenuous workouts to maximize the repair and growth processes .

Figure 3: After strenuous workouts the level of IGF-1 and MGF in the muscle increase significantly (McDay. 2008)

In contrast what some people in the hardcore bodybuilding scene claim, IGF-1 and MGF do thus act synergistically, not antagonistically, because they interact with different receptors on the muscle (Yang. 2002).

It is this natural synergy of IGF-1 and it's muscle specific cousin MGF which makes the AgeForce IGF-1 + MGF patch so powerful.

A number of studies have been published that attempt to define the role of IGF-IEb/MGF in muscle repair and survival. In aggregate, results from these studies have suggest that during acute skeletal muscle repair after exercise or injury, MGF and subsequently IGF-1 increase above pretraining levels. As Matheny et al. point out in their 2013 review, ...

figure4-IGF.png

Figure 4: While MGF promotes the formation of new muscle cells, IGF-1 is required to refill the satellite cell pool. - They will thus exert their maximal muscle building prowess only if they are used in conjunction (Matheny. 2013)

"[...] these molecular events correlate with the mitogenic and myogenic differentiation events, respectively, that lead to muscle repair (Error: Reference source not found). The initial wave of IGF-IEb mRNA is posited to be translated and then processed to form two independent peptides: mature IGF-I and an E-peptide (or portion of the E-peptide), which is now referred to as MGF. MGF is then responsible for activating quiescent satellite cells (27), which proliferate to provide a pool of myogenic precursor cells for muscle repair. MGF itself, however, despite promoting proliferation, opposes differentiation of precursor cells. At this point, the levels of IGF-IEb/MGF decline, whereas levels of IGF-IEa increase. Like IGF-IEb, IGF-IEa propeptide is processed to generate mature IGF-I as well as an E-peptide, and it is argued that this increase of IGF-IEa is responsible for myoblast differentiation, presumably through the actions of mature IGF-I [as it is found in the AgeForce IGF-1 + MGF Patch]" (Matheny. 2013).

The new AgeForce IGF-1 + MGF patch does thus work via the same natural pro-anabolic process that is triggered by exercise. It is thus unwarranted to assume that the use of the patch could increase one's risk of developing cancer.

Furthermore, reviews like the one by Lucio Tentori and Grazia Graziani et al. highlight that the hitherto unproven increase in cancer risk that is so often talked about is – if it even exists – a mere result of the enormous doses that are taken by "chemical athletes". It is thus not surprising that the scientists from the U niversity of Rome “Tor Vergata” were unable to find scientific evidence for an increased cancer risk in subjects who are treated with pharmacological doses of IGF-1 and/or GH even if these agents were used for a long period of time (Tentori. 2007).

The AgeForce IGF-1 + MGF patch is designed to slowly deliver a pharmacological dose of the potent anabolic similar to the one that has been used in numerous scientific studies. What does exist, though, are the real world benefits of the bioidentical IGF-1 and MGF that is delivered via the patches right into your bloodstream.

figure5-IGF.png

Figure 5: Effects of the interaction between GH, IGF-1, MGF, the lipid metabolism and insulin on adipose tissue,
liver and skeletal muscle (base on a figure from Berryman. 2013).

As previously pointed out, IGF-1 and its muscle specific cousin MGF are the main mediators of all the beneficial effects of "growth hormone", a term which is often used to refer to GH and all of its metabolites, on skeletal muscle. As the illustration in Figure 5 shows, these effects include:

Asignificant increase in fat oxidation,

Pronounced increases in skeletal muscle protein synthesis,

Subsequent increases in muscle mass, and

The conservation and promotion of healthy bones (Tahimic. 2013 | not shown in Figure 5)

While IGF-1 and MGF are muscle and bone builder in its own right. Stacking the IGF-1 +MGF Patch® with our best-selling HGH Power Patch® will allow for even more rapid increases in muscle mass and reductions in fat mass. Effects as they have been observed by Waters, et al. in their 1996 study:

figure6-IGF.png

Figure 6: Comparison of changes in body mass with GH, IGF or combined therapy after 6 and 12 weeks (Waters. 1996).

As the data in Figure 6 indicates, the combination of both growth hormone and IGF-1 accelerates the accrual of lean mass and boosts the reduction in body fat in men and women (Waters. 1996).

We do therefore suggest that you stack the HGH Power Patch®, the IGF-1 + MGF Patch® and/or our reformulated Testo/100® testosterone booster patch to benefit from the muscle building and fat blasting synergy of HGH, IGF-1, MGF and testosterone. Only in combination these products will truly optimally supplement your dietary and training efforts and thus allow you to take your physique and performance to a level you have never deemed possible.

References:

Azzazy, Hassan ME, Mai MH Mansour, and Robert H. Christenson. "Doping in the recombinant era: strategies and counterstrategies." Clinical Biochemistry 38.11 (2005): 959-965.

Berryman, Darlene E., et al. "The GH/IGF-1 axis in obesity: pathophysiology and therapeutic considerations." Nature Reviews Endocrinology 9.6 (2013): 346-356.

Bielohuby, Maximilian, et al. "Short‐term exposure to low‐carbohydrate, high‐fat diets induces low bone mineral density and reduces bone formation in rats." Journal of Bone and Mineral Research 25.2 (2010): 275-284.

Bielohuby, Maximilian, et al. "Lack of dietary carbohydrates induces hepatic growth hormone (GH) resistance in rats." Endocrinology 152.5 (2011): 1948-1960.

Grounds, Miranda D. "Reasons for the degeneration of ageing skeletal muscle: a central role for IGF-1 signalling." Biogerontology 3.1-2 (2002): 19-24.

Matheny Jr, Ronald W., Bradley C. Nindl, and Martin L. Adamo. "Minireview: Mechano-growth factor: a putative product of IGF-I gene expression involved in tissue repair and regeneration." Endocrinology 151.3 (2010): 865-875.

McKay, Bryon R., et al. "Co‐expression of IGF‐1 family members with myogenic regulatory factors following acute damaging muscle‐lengthening contractions in humans." The Journal of physiology 586.22 (2008): 5549-5560.

Musarò, Antonio, et al. "IGF-1 induces skeletal myocyte hypertrophy through calcineurin in association with GATA-2 and NF-ATc1." Nature 400.6744 (1999): 581-585.

Rao, Madhu N., et al. "Effects of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I/IGF-binding protein-3 treatment on glucose metabolism and fat distribution in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with abdominal obesity and insulin resistance." The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 95.9 (2010): 4361-4366.

Saugy, M., et al. "Human growth hormone doping in sport." British journal of sports medicine 40.suppl 1 (2006): i35-i39.

Tahimic, Candice GT, Yongmei Wang, and Daniel D. Bikle. "Anabolic effects of IGF-1 signaling on the skeleton." Frontiers in endocrinology 4 (2013).

Tentori, Lucio, and Grazia Graziani. "Doping with growth hormone/IGF-1, anabolic steroids or erythropoietin: is there a cancer risk?." Pharmacological research 55.5 (2007): 359-369.

Waters, Debra, et al. "Recombinant human growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor 1, and combination therapy in AIDS-associated wasting: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial." Annals of internal medicine 125.11 (1996): 865-872.

Yang, Shi Yu, and Geoffrey Goldspink. "Different roles of the IGF-I Ec peptide (MGF) and mature IGF-I in myoblast proliferation and differentiation." FEBS letters 522.1 (2002): 156-160.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My stats
Age 48
5'7"
174lbs

Current 1RM
Squat 275lbs
Deadlift 315lbs
Bench Press 195lbs

Training I am doing high reps with DC Stretches
Monday: Bench Press Variation
Tuesday:Squat
Wednesday:Row Variation
Thursday: Off
Friday: Military Press
Saturday: Squats/SLDL

Diet-Currently I am at about 3,500 calories surplus diet.

Other Supplements
Get Diesel JP8X Hardcore Diesel Punch
Read4War
NOS Precursor
Diesel Test Pro-Cycle
Sunami

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You're welcome .

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will watch and we should compare side by side . I really hope we both see something from it. I'm on day 5 and I like my recovery times from it. Different from the power patch which I feel more rested vs this feels like my muscles are well rested.

Est1995

Awards
I will watch and we should compare side by side . I really hope we both see something from it. I'm on day 5 and I like my recovery times from it. Different from the power patch which I feel more rested vs this feels like my muscles are well rested.
You've ran one of these patches before? (Obviously a separate product from the one being logged here)

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You've ran one of these patches before? (Obviously a separate product from the one being logged here)
I use the power patch but stopped to see how the igf one patch works than I will combine the two on week 6 .

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm excited to hear about this product.
So in on this
I am excited to see what this does.

I quit my GHRP6/CJC research while using patch.

Subbin up in here
Glad you made it brother.I am waiting on thebigt to pop in.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Monday 3/29/2015 DAY 1

Bench Press
Set 1 : 65x10
Set 2 : 65x10
Set 3 : 95x10
Set 4 : 95x10
Set 5 : 95x10
Set 6 : 95x10
Set 7 : 95x10
Set 8 : 95x10
Set 9 : 95x10
Set 10: 95x10

Finished with 60 second DC stretch

Breakfast
16oz of milk with 2 scoops/Quest PB
4 eggs with 4 ounces of American cheese
1 onion bagel with garlic/olive oil butter

Lunch
1 meatball footlong sub with cheese,green peppers,onions,and Giardiniera peppers.
Bag of Doritos
16 ounces of chocolate milk
4 chocolate chip cookies

Dinner
Pot roast browned/cooked all day in crock pot
Celery,onions,carrots and garlic.
Mashed potatoes
Croissants
Homemade gravy from meat
16oz choc milk

Notes
I put on my 1st patch after shower.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
never had much interest in these patches before, but here to support my friend koi!!!:thumbsup:

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tuesday 3/31/2015 Day 2

Squats
Set 1 : 95x10
Set 2 : 95x10
Set 3 : 125x10
Set 4 : 125x10
Set 5 : 125x10
Set 6 : 125x10
Set 7 : 125x10
Set 8 : 125x10
Set 9 : 125x10
Set 10: Squats SS with SLDL 125x10
Set 11: Squats SS with SLDL 125x10
DC stretch for quads/hams

Breakfast
16oz milk with 1 serv Real Gains
1 Waffle
4 sausage links

Beef with Green Onion/Garlic Sauce over Cantonese Pan Fried Noodles
2 Egg Rolls
5 Almond Cookies
16 oz choc milk

Dinner left overs
Pot roast browned/cooked all day in crock pot
Celery,onions,carrots and garlic.
Mashed potatoes with gravy
Croissants
16oz choc milk

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Squats Set 1 : 95x10 Set 2 : 95x10 Set 3 : 125x10 Set 4 : 125x10 Set 5 : 125x10 Set 6 : 125x10 Set 7 : 125x10 Set 8 : 125x10 Set 9 : 125x10 Set 10: Squats SS with SLDL 125x10 Set 11: Squats SS with SLDL 125x10 DC stretch for quads/hams Breakfast 16oz milk with 1 serv Real Gains 1 Waffle 4 sausage links
Breakfast of Champions!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Squats
Set 3 : 125x10
Set 5 : 125x10
Set 6 : 125x10
Set 7 : 125x10
Set 8 : 125x10
Set 9 : 125x10
Set 10: Squats SS with SLDL 125x10
Set 11: Squats SS with SLDL 125x10
DC stretch for quads/hams

Breakfast
16oz milk with 1 serv Real Gains
1 Waffle
4 sausage links
where's the bacon!!!!

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wednesday 4/1/2015 Day 3

BO Rows
Set 1 45x10
Set 2 45x10
Set 3 75x10
Set 4 75x10
Set 5 75x10
Set 6 75x10
Set 7 75x10
Set 8 75x10
Set 9 75x10
Set 10 75 RPT-8,8,6
DC Stretch

Breakfast
16 oz of milk w/2 scoops Quest PB
3 eggs with 4 ounces of American cheese

Lunch
3PC. Extra Crispy Tenders
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Corn on the cob
2 Biscuits
Iced Tea

Dinner
2 Sloppy Joe's
Potato Salad
16oz choc milk
Haagen Dazs Peanut Butter Pie Ice Cream

Notes I did use my 2nd patch today after AM w/o.Nothing really to report yet.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice. Do you feel like your muscles are not as sore compared to when your not on the patch?

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thursday 4/2/2015 Day 4

Off Day

Breakfast

Lunch
Culver's Double Cheddar Butter Burger with Bacon
Chili Cheddar Fries
Salted Caramel Cashew Concrete Mixer

Dinner leftovers
2 Sloppy Joe's
Potato Salad
16oz choc milk

Notes
1.I am noticing that I am getting better/deeper sleep
2.I am looking more vascular especially in forearms
3.I have not noticed a increased in recovery.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My friend yesterday said after not seeing me for s week said what am I on. All I did was add the igf1 patch I said. I look more dense he said.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The vascularity is more pronounced on the 3 days I have used the patch. BTW today is patch #3. Are you doing patch EOD or ED?
eod for now second Round I will try ed.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Friday 43/2015 Day 5

Military Press
Set 1 : 45x10
Set 2 : 45x10
Set 3 : 45x10
Set 4 : 75x10
Set 5 : 75x10
Set 6 : 75x10
Set 7 : 75x10
Set 8 : 75x10
Set 9 : 75x10
Set 10: 65 RPT-8,8,6
DC stretch

Breakfast

Lunch
2 Tunafish Salad sandwiches
Potato Salad
16oz of milk & 1 serving of Real Gains

Notes
I got to sleep to 7 today and 3 day weekend

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very nice lifts!

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I apologize for the lack of updates but I have been busy.My client is getting her house ready for appraisal on Wednesday.Since Saturday,I have been working on her house from 8am until 7pm.She is my neighbor and needed my help.I need to finish up tomorrow morning and meet with her & the appraiser at 11 tomorrow.

I will post all workouts/updates tomorrow evening.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okay

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How are things going up in here bud?

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Monday 4/6/2014 DAY 8

Bench Press
Set 3 : 105x10
Set 4 : 105x10
Set 5 : 105x10
Set 6 : 105x10
Set 7 : 105x10
Set 8 : 105x10
Set 9 : 105x10
Set 10: 105x10
Finished with 60 second DC stretch

Tuesday 4/7/2015 DAY 9

Squats
Set 3 : 135x10
Set 5 : 135x10
Set 6 : 135x10
Set 7 : 135x10
Set 8 : 135x10
Set 9 : 135x10
Set 10: 135x10
60 second DC stretch

Wednesday 4/8/2015 Day 10

BO Rows
Set 1 45x10
Set 2 45x10
Set 3 80x10
Set 4 80x10
Set 5 80x10
Set 6 80x10
Set 7 80x10
Set 8 80x10
Set 9 80x10
Set 10 80 RPT-8,8,6

Finished with DC stretches.

Notes

Again I apologize for not updating this log.I have been busy with my neighbor and her house.The #1 thing I have noticed from these patches are a better noghts sleep and an increase in recovery.I am waking up less sore. This log will now be updated daily.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I feel the same as you when I take the patch. I am glad we feel the same thing.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Keep it up

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm about to hit the gym and my legs feel amazing. I feel full and pumped still. Not as sore as when I don't take the patch. I did lot of squats and leg press with nos sets so I really pushed my quads. Ham strings I did many curls and stiff dead lifts. All in all my work out was awesome. I Pushed harder than before.
Is this your log or Kois? I'm confused....

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I ment to post that on my thread. My apologies

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm trying to compare are logs and so far we both seem to have similar effects ! Love it!

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Friday 4/10/2015 Day 12

Military Press
Set 1 : 45x10
Set 2 : 45x10
Set 3 : 80x10
Set 4 : 80x10
Set 5 : 80x10
Set 6 : 80x10
Set 7 : 80x10
Set 8 : 80x10
Set 9 : 80x10
Set 10: 70 RPT-8,8,6
DC stretch

Breakfast

Lunch
KFC Pot Pie
Lg Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Chocolate Chip Cake
16oz choc milk

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel the same as you when I take the patch. I am glad we feel the same thing.
Hey are you noticing an increase in blood flow on days when you use the patch?I swear my hands are red & I can see the blood flow in my hands.I checked my BP nat Walgreens and it is 128/85.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Monday 4/13/2014 Day 15

Bench Press
Set 3 : 115x10
Set 4 : 115x10
Set 5 : 115x10
Set 6 : 115x10
Set 7 : 115x10
Set 8 : 115x10
Set 9 : 115x10
Set 10: 115x10
DC stretch

Breakfast
16oz of milk with 2 scoops/Quest PB
4 eggs with 4 ounces of American cheese
5 slices of turkey bacon

Lunch
3 piece Extra Crispy Tenders
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Corn on the cob
2 Biscuits
Iced Tea

Notes
Sleep/recovery still going strong from patch.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tuesday 4/14/2015 Day 16

Squats
Set 3 : 145x10
Set 4 : 145x10
Set 5 : 145x10