Putting Epitome to the test!

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Hello,
I was lucky to be chosen to log Epitome! So I am going to break down how I see this working out and go from there, I have always been an endomorph and it has recently got worse. Getting older and a sedentary job has helped shape me into a 31 year old 230 lb man in need of a change! Welcome aboard!

Supplements- The full disclosure is that I will be taking Epitome in addition to the following: Multivitamin (right now it is One-a-day), fish oil, Gut Health and I have been taking Myosynergy and Strafe and plan to continue it as long as I can.

Diet- I am going to try and be strict as possible here and keep everyone apprised. I am going to start off with the following Macro goal = Total: 235g Protein, 265g Carbs, 110g Fat (2990 calories) = Anyone can feel free to weigh in here

Training Split - My goal is going to be 4-5 days a week with additional cardio 2-3 times/week (this will likely increase). I am looking to try and do- Chest/back ; Shoulders; Legs ; Chest/back; Arms (maybe). For cardio in a pinch I will try some H.I.I.T. on the elliptical. I am also going to try and work upto hill sprints based on my post in the other log. Im thinking if I have an attainable goal to work to (a fun 5k) I can keep myself motivated.

Starting Measurements - These were taken 3/22 and will work as my jump off point:

Weight- 230.0

Initial Skinfold Measurements (March 22nd)

Tri- 18
Bi- 12
Back/Shoulder-20
Waist-32
BF% - roughly 33-34% (based off of the chart I was using, I will keep that standard)

Circumference
Rt Arm- 15.75
Left Arm- 15.5
Waist-42.5
Hips- 40
Glute- 43.5
Rt Calf- 16.5
Lt Calf- 16
Chest/Back (Nipple)-46
Neck-15.25

Dosing- I usually hit the gym around 6:30- 7pm so my dosing wil be the recommended dosing, which is mid morning and mid-afternoon. So I will be going with 10:30ish and 2:30ish? That should work

And after all of that it is time to get to work

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed.... you got this bro.

I am also a classic endomorph as well. Back in 2012 I was sitting @ 230 and I am 5' 7"
Over the course of 10 months i lost 65lbs and got down to 165 which I maintained for
over a year. Just did a 3 month lean bulk and now I'm sitting @ 175.

I wil be logging Epitome as well once my PCT Log is finished. My recommendation to
you as a fellow endomorph is to adjust your protein to carb ratio, I lost the 1st 35lbs
by eating 300g of Protein & 100g of carbs. Then when i stalled for a month I dropped
the carbs to 50g per day and lost another 35lbs,

Its just a suggestion, take it for what its worth. But it may work for you as well...

good luck with your log :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you're about to be a very happy man.

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established

I am also a classic endomorph as well. Back in 2012 I was sitting @ 230 and I am 5' 7"
Over the course of 10 months i lost 65lbs and got down to 165 which I maintained for

I wil be logging Epitome as well once my PCT Log is finished. My recommendation to
you as a fellow endomorph is to adjust your protein to carb ratio, I lost the 1st 35lbs
by eating 300g of Protein & 100g of carbs. Then when i stalled for a month I dropped

Its just a suggestion, take it for what its worth. But it may work for you as well...

Congrats! Im 5'8 and I dont think i could hit 165 or 175 unless I chopped off a limb, haha. Thats a hell of an accomplishment, I am going to give it a shot, at this point any progress will be great, I think eve if Id get down to 190 I would feel better!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good plan. I'd keep the macros how you have them and adjust week by week to keep the weight moving in the right direction.

Would you layout what your typical day worth of meals looks like? Curious that's all.

Anyhow subb'd. I'm logging epitome for evomuse as well

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats! Im 5'8 and I dont think i could hit 165 or 175 unless I chopped off a limb, haha.
Thats a hell of an accomplishment, I am going to give it a shot, at this point any progress will be great, I think eve if Id get
down to 190 I would feel better!
Thx bro. Yes you will feel better @ 190 for sure.

Over the last 25 years I fluctuated up to 235 @ my highest and over the years have lost 35-50 pounds 2 or 3 times and get
down to 180 to 185. Which felt good, but didnt realize how much better I would feel @ 165,

So dont sell yourself short, if you have the motivation to put in the work, then you just need to fine tune your diet to
make the weight fall off. You can PM me any time if you have questions....

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time to say goodbye to some fat! Go get it brother!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

1) Take it from another endomorph/ yo yo dieter (who has been frustrated by medical issues interrupting my training over the last 3 years) This is good advice.

2) As an Evomuse Rep who pulled for you to "get in on this", I am subbed.

3) Love to see people step up and start the journey to getting healthier, just keep me posted and I will support you in all your efforts. The AM community had my back in going from 322 to 255 and then during my rehab log after a 22 day hospital stay that saw me nearly kick it twice (a 5+ month recovery time before the rehab.) You got this man, just keep moving :)

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
1) Take it from another endomorph/ yo yo dieter (who has been frustrated by medical issues interrupting my training over the last 3 years) This is good advice.

2) As an Evomuse Rep who pulled for you to "get in on this", I am subbed.

3) Love to see people step up and start the journey to getting healthier, just keep me posted and I will support you in all your efforts. The AM community had my back in going from 322 to 255 and then during my rehab log after a 22 day hospital stay that saw me nearly kick it twice (a 5+ month recovery time before the rehab.) You got this man, just keep moving :)
Thank you for following along! Thanks for pushing to get me here as well, and your progress has been impressive man, keep it up...maybe one day ill get on your level. Here is to trying and seeing what happens, I am trying to push the distractions away and focus in, I just got diagnosed with sleep apnea and IM trying to get used to one of those masks...it sucks, nothing as bad as an extended stay int he hospital though, glad to see you doing well.

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Good plan. I'd keep the macros how you have them and adjust week by week to keep the weight moving in the right direction.

Would you layout what your typical day worth of meals looks like? Curious that's all.

Anyhow subb'd. I'm logging epitome for evomuse as well
This is what Im shooting for on a daily basis, after working everything out last time I realized that I do not eat NEARLY enough normally... but here is an example of what im shooting for

Meal 1 Breakfast
4 Whole Eggs + Bagel with a little cream cheese = 580 k = 37p/42c/27f

Meal 2 Snack
2 Light & Fit Greek Yogurts, 1 serving Almonds, 1 Banana = 442 k = 31/45/14

Meal 3 Lunch

2 Chicken Breasts (8 oz total) + medium sweet potatoe = 358k - 37/24/12

Meal 4 Post Workout
2 Scoops protein w. 10 oz skim milk, banana and tb PB = 558 k - 59/56/13

Meal 5 Dinner
6 oz salmon w/ half cup Quinoa = 674k - 48/58/23

Meal 6 Before bed
1.5 scoops protein powder, 10 oz skim milk, 1 tb pb = 377- 47/23/12

Total = 2,989k = 259p/ 248c/ 101f

Again this is a goal day, Ive built things in like the Bananas where I can remove carbs w/o much of a problem, this is so if I want to switch it up I can add in brown rice for s.potatoe/quinoa and I can work with my dinners since it is not just me, I usually will try to do 2 days with a fish (tilapia, salmon, flounder) and 2 or more with a lean protein (chicken, ground turkey) I havent gravitated toward the red meat much but that may be an option later (lean ground beef, steak, etc)

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you for following along! Thanks for pushing to get me here as well, and your progress has been impressive man, keep it up...maybe one day ill get on your level. Here is to trying and seeing what happens, I am trying to push the distractions away and focus in, I just got diagnosed with sleep apnea and IM trying to get used to one of those masks...it sucks, nothing as bad as an extended stay int he hospital though, glad to see you doing well.
Still working my way back down yo 260ish while trying to re-establish my strength. It's me versus me every time I am in the weight room, don't worry about what anyone else is doing.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am subbed and super interested in this product. I know what you are going through.

At my heaviest, I was 335lbs. at 5' 10" and was obese for the majority of my life. After starting to lose weight seriously for the first time in my life, I'm now sitting at ~240 lbs. with much more muscle than I ever thought possible. I still have a long way to go, though. AM is a great community, full of support and advice.

I was a nerdy couch potato most of my life and never played sports or exercised until 2011 and I turn 40 on Saturday :) I'm still nerdy ;)

I can't wait to see your progress!

If you don't mind me asking, I see you are doing a split. I saw the most progress with a routine centered around the Big Four (including OHP in there), with lower reps and heavier weights. In fact, I still train that way :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, and I have also been through the sleep apnea thing. Trust me, it sucks.

You will feel much better and have more energy when you can wear it consistently.It also helped me lose weight, IMO.

I actually should get re-tested since I stopped wearing it when my AHI (Apnea-hypopnea index) went down. That was probably a bad idea on my part. My machine is old, though and I think since I dropped a lot of weight it has gotten better.

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Still working my way back down yo 260ish while trying to re-establish my strength. It's me versus me every time I am in the weight room, don't worry about what anyone else is doing.
Yeah I gave up looking at people in the gym a long time ago, I would either shake my head or just laugh... I only really care about what I did last time vs this time...Keep up the good work, youve got a head start on me

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
I am subbed and super interested in this product. I know what you are going through.

At my heaviest, I was 335lbs. at 5' 10" and was obese for the majority of my life. After starting to lose weight seriously for the first time in my life, I'm now sitting at ~240 lbs. with much more muscle than I ever thought possible. I still have a long way to go, though. AM is a great community, full of support and advice.

I was a nerdy couch potato most of my life and never played sports or exercised until 2011 and I turn 40 on Saturday :) I'm still nerdy ;)

I can't wait to see your progress!

If you don't mind me asking, I see you are doing a split. I saw the most progress with a routine centered around the Big Four (including OHP in there), with lower reps and heavier weights. In fact, I still train that way :)
Thanks for following along! Yeah I know the feeling, I just have to keep pushing. and 100 lbs is no joke! Good job! I was always playing sports and active through college, then the beer, the additional school and life took over and it just snowballed before I really realized where I was...

And I dont mind questions at all, I just dont see what is your question? Yes I am trying that split out to see where it goes, not tremendously high volume each workout but not a weeks rest between body parts either. The Strafe has REALLY helped alleviate the DOMS and keep me going, I would ABSOLUTELY recommend it. I may have not shown results as far as putting on tons of muscle but I am continuing to use it and Im still hiding any muscle under a whole person's worthe of bodyfat!

But, I digressed, if you are referring to building workouts around the deadlift, squat, clean and press and bench press (i assume thats the big 4 you are referring to?). I am squatting regularly and its been a while since Ive done that, Im very partcular about going to parallel or below and have built back up to 275 consistently without feeling like Im going to kill myself. I have never really done the clean always a little intimidated by it honestly because I dont have anyone lifting with me to really watch form that has any idea what they are doing. I have added deadlifts in sporadically and plan to add them in more (sprained my neck last time) and I have a partially torn labrum in my right shoulder so barbell benching without a partner is going to take me some courage to work back up to..

My split right now works (I hope), but I am open to changing it up if Im not seeing anything from it.

Does that answer your question?

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and I have also been through the sleep apnea thing. Trust me, it sucks.

You will feel much better and have more energy when you can wear it consistently.It also helped me lose weight, IMO.

I actually should get re-tested since I stopped wearing it when my AHI (Apnea-hypopnea index) went down. That was probably a bad idea on my part. My machine is old, though and I think since I dropped a lot of weight it has gotten better.
Yeah I just got the machine Saturday, Im still getting used to it, I think I may end up getting an advantage from it. Part of me thinks taking off the weight will help too, as I partially blame it on that...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is definitely the log to watch for me....we're all behind you.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I just got the machine Saturday, Im still getting used to it, I think I may end up getting an advantage from it. Part of me thinks taking off the weight will help too, as I partially blame it on that...
I honestly think it will help you to take the weight off as well. That and Epitome :D

Sorry for not being clear on my question, LOL. Yes, that is what I meant. I just wasn't sure if a split would be optimal for your current goal(s). If you are seeing results, though, keep at it!

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
This is definitely the log to watch for me....we're all behind you.
Thanks! Thats some big support right there, I'll do my best, I have bought a few bottles as well so Im in for the long haul! Hopefully it wont take that long, haha

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
I honestly think it will help you to take the weight off as well. That and Epitome :D

Sorry for not being clear on my question, LOL. Yes, that is what I meant. I just wasn't sure if a split would be optimal for your current goal(s). If you are seeing results, though, keep at it!
No problem, I may take your advice on that I just know with the Clean there is a lot that can go wrong if my form is off and it concerns me not having someone there to spot check it for me, maybe ill give it a go light. The bench press I may start to work light and just check my ego and if the shoulder flares up stick to the dumbbells..

I cannot argue with results, thats something you have and something I want hahaha, so I absolutely appreciate the advice. My thought on the split how I have it was by doing some agonist/antagonist split it will help each body part recover a little more and allow me to hit chest/back twice a week. When I had just a chest day I would tend to overdue it and stress the shoulder and then leave me either moving or skipping a shoulder workout. Im now trying to focus my shoulder work on the other heads of the shoulder other than the anterior.. just something I started a few weeks back and I think has allowed me to go heavier and hit it more often.

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 Observations

Say what?! I know its early and I figured I would throw something up here, may be a little premature but I can test it out later. I did not notice the increase in temperature/sweating but I DEFINITELY feel dehydrated and have been parking at the urinal all day...

As far as appetite, I usually dont have one and sticking to this diet is going to be a chore, but one Im ready for.

Overall I would say there has been an immediate impact on my water retention, dry lips, increased urination and Ive been sporting a headache. I filled up my Nalgene (32 oz) 4 times since I have been in work and still feel it. I also notice a slight lethargic feeling. BUT there is a caveat, I am trying to get used to this stupid CPAP machine so my sleep has been jacked some and I can probably point to that.

I have to log my workout from last night, Im hitting the gym here shortly and will wait and post both...

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Okay so I went to the gym and just did cardio tonight, long story short I was going to go with the sprints but the gf jumped at the idea of the inflatable 5k in October and she is one of those people that is hard to motivate and she is all motivated to do it and I'm kind of excited (yeah yeah it's stupid but it's an attainable goal and a gimmick to get us healthy together)

So I'm going to follow the couch to 5k running guide just to get back into it and I had the chance to get her to go so I pushed my shoulder workout back, I think I'll survive....

So on the other hand, here are my workouts from the last 2 days:

Monday

Squats 5 x 4-12
Hack squats 3 x 6-12
Sumo dead lift 3x 4-10
Leg press 3x10
Calf press 3x 15-20
Lying leg curl 3x 8-15

Tuesday

T-bar rows 3x 6-12
Flat db bench press 3x 4-12
Bent over bb rows 3x 5-12
Incline db 3x 6-12
snatch grip High Rows - 3x 3-8
incline bench cable crossover 3x 8-15

Wednesday 25 minutes (jog/walk)

Good news is my diet has been on point and water intake is way up

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best of luck with your CPAP machine. One of my best friends got one two years ago and says it has changed his life in terms of how much more alert and well rested he feels. I know you're going to do great during this log and keep in mind fat loss is a process and a journey. Don't judge things day to day as much as week to week and month to month. Steady has always been the way to go and I really hope Epitome helps achieve some of your goals.

Also the inflatable 5K looks fun!

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck with your CPAP machine. One of my best friends got one two years ago and says it has changed his life in terms of how much more alert and well rested he feels. I know you're going to do great during this log and keep in mind fat loss is a process and a journey. Don't judge things day to day as much as week to week and month to month. Steady has always been the way to go and I really hope Epitome helps achieve some of your goals.

Also the inflatable 5K looks fun!
Thank you! The CPAP is still an adjustment, not gonna lie, but I do feel like im a little more alert, just havent really got the energy back. Im glad to hear that it has worked for people though, gives me some hope.

Yeah fat loss has been a lifelong issue for me, ive been lifting since around 2001 but its been in spurts. I remember being 190 back in 2006 and thinking that I wanted to stay or lose some, fast forward 9 years and Im here haha. I am hoping that the steady approach wins over, lifestyle change and not just a temporary diet is what I keep telling myself...

On a side note, the combination of the diet and epitome has had a weird effect on my eating habits. Before I used to eat like a yogurt for breakfast, then grab subway for lunch (or bring something) and then lift and eat a small dinner... now I am able to eat more with this (I end up with 6 meals) and I dont feel stuffed but I also dont feel sick of eating...dont know how to describe it yet...

And I definitely have noticed the sweating, core temp and sweating seem to have kicked in, and not gradually, either. Im hoping thats a good sign!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbing along. I have a very similar body frame.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On a side note, the combination of the diet and epitome has had a weird effect on my eating habits. Before I used to eat like a yogurt for breakfast, then grab subway for lunch (or bring something) and then lift and eat a small dinner... now I am able to eat more with this (I end up with 6 meals) and I dont feel stuffed but I also dont feel sick of eating...dont know how to describe it yet...

And I definitely have noticed the sweating, core temp and sweating seem to have kicked in, and not gradually, either. Im hoping thats a good sign!
Saturday my oldest and I went out to Pizza Hut to get some buffalo wings. I usually make 1-2 trips to salad bar (just veggies, cheese, ranch and bacon) and can easily kill 10-15 wings. We ordered 30 to split, I had one plate of salad and started to question if I would be able to handle any wings. When the wings got there, I was only able to eat 5-6. Similar episode yesterday afternoon, 1 full salad plate and a small salad plate, ate 6( of my using 10) wings. Also, my morning blood glucose readings have dropped about 90 points so that is starting to come in line. Pretty sure it is a synergy between the Epitome aiding me in staying tighter on my diet and it's effect on insulin resistance.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbing along. I have a very similar body frame.
Honestly this is the type of frame that we are thinking Epitome will be most successful for.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly this is the type of frame that we are thinking Epitome will be most successful for.
I look but didn't see anymore available anywhere otherwise I was gonna buy some. Looks like I gotta wait for the next batch.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DPS has a little stock

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just got some from DPS this morning and they Have a great deal on myosynergy... Looking forward to running them together
Man, that IS a good deal on Myosynergy! Too many supps, too little money :(

i have too many different ones to try!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, that IS a good deal on Myosynergy! Too many supps, too little money :(

i have too many different ones to try!
You will never ever see a price like this again, as it's actually under cost.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll probably order at least one, trust me :)
I would take advantage, especially since we are out of stock, and won't be restocked for a good 2 months.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As a fellow endomorph, Subbed! good luck bro!

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Results after week 1

It looks like my log was hijacked for DPS... hahaha but im going to get it back on track! I have 2 workouts to log and will do it after this. I will also be adding pictures.

***Week 2 results in bold

Weight- 230.0 (230.8)

Skinfold Measurements

Tri- 18 (14)
Bi- 12 (10)
Back/Shoulder-20 (20)
Waist-32 (32)
BF% - roughly 30% ..... (28%)

Circumference
Rt Arm- 15.75 (15)
Left Arm- 15.5 (15)
Waist-42.5 (42.5)
Hips- 40 (40)
Glute- 43.5 (43.5)
Rt Calf- 16.5 (16)
Lt Calf- 16 (16)
Chest/Back (Nipple)-46 (46)
Neck-15.25 (15.25)

Summary- It appears that even with my weight staying even (+0.8 lb is negligible) I managed to lose weight from my arms and legs even if it wasnt much, the skinfold measurements were better, resulting in roughly a 2% change in bf. Now I am not doing this with a doctor, IM monitoring results myself but my legs, arm and face all seem to be losing and they are the first areas to go for me.

Thoughts after week 1- I have noticed a few things. The first thing I noticed is that I need to keep my water intake high on this as there have been more than a few days I started walking around with a headache which I am pretty sure is attributed to dehydration. I have noticed an increased sweating, body temp at resting and really an increased ability to resist cheating or trigger foods (picked something up from Taco Bell after the gym for the gf, I passed and went home and made dinner, usually wouldnt have happened!)

Diet Results- I have ate according to the diet outlined above during this time period, if the weight remains the same at week 2 I will make some tweaks, possibly drop some of the carbs as previously recommended. I am also increasing cardio as maybe that aspect was lacking some.

Strafe/Myosynergy contribution- I want to comment on this as well. Keeping the two here has helped tremendously with DOMS, as you can tell from my other log Myosynergy increased sweating while exercising for me but Epitome has increased the sweating exponentially.

Hopefully if I keep it up the lbs will start to drop off!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great update. Hoping for good things as the log continues!

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Great update. Hoping for good things as the log continues!
Thanks! The log takes some time to put together, Im hoping for good results as well, I have 3-4 bottles of epitome so I can run it for awhile and keep the log going.....it makes it much easier to do and put the time in when I have people following along, thanks again!