Getting Lean with PN Test-XT

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
First up big thanks to grinnell27 for the chance to log Platinum Nutraceuticals Test-XT.I'm pretty stoked get this oportunity as the product has some solid ingredients and this is no prop blend, everything is labeled with the dosages of the individual elements. So nearly everyone like the benifits of higher testosterone and I am hoping to see some gains in the gym and increase in libido.

A bit about me, starting to reach that age where lifting heavy all the time isn't the best for me, and I now train with lighter weights and higher volume, and am finding less injuries and better growth. Currently I am 6 weeks into a 9 week plan of Y3T. This program is set outin 3 week blocks, so the 1st, 4th and 7th weeks are working in the 8 - 10 rep range.Weeks 2, 5th and 8th are in the 12 - 14 rep range, and weeks 3, 6 9 are in the 16 - 20 rep range. I am enjoying it so far and will continue this for the next 3 weeks then may give GVT a go again. I normally train fasted in the morning when at home and while away at work i will train AM and PM depending on how I feel.

Currently weighing in at about 83kg and about 181cm (just under 6ft) tall, trying to lean out at the moment and drop some body fat.

I'll start Test-XT tomorrow (Saturday) morning and the dose will be one capsule AM and one capsule PM. I'll throw up a before pic and see how we go with it all over the 30 day run.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Here is the Test-XT, and where I am with my leaning out

ForumRunner_20150306_153402.png

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
IN! Glad to be following along and glad to give you the opportunity :) and of course PNutra is the man behind it all.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Had my first capsule this morning and obviously I noticed no effects and didn't expect any. I had this fasted with my pwo this morning. Should I have this with food or is fasted fine.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Had my first capsule this morning and obviously I noticed no effects and didn't expect any. I had this fasted with my pwo this morning. Should I have this with food or is fasted fine.
Either is fine, I personally like to take supplements fasted. Just preference most of the time though.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In and following along. I am a little late, I currently only have limited internet access !

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Woke up this morning, had my Test-XT and my pwo and hit the gym for Y3T legs. All work is in the 8-10 rep range.

Leg press x 3
Box squat x 3
Front squat x 3
Leg extension x 3
Lying leg curl x 4
High foot position leg press x 4
SLDL x 4
Seated calve raises x 4

Good session, and still had energy at the end of the work out.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are looking pretty lean in your photos already, I can't wait to see the pics at the end!

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Woke up feeling good and ready to hit the gym, aaaaand then life got in the way. So i took my pre which at the moment is High Volume and 1-2 DMAA capsules and my am Test - XT capsule.I eventually made it to the gym about an hour and half later than i had wanted and just was not mentally with it. Still I did an okay shoulder work out.

DB Shoulder press x 2
Seated db side raises x 4
Standing BB press x 2
Bent over rear delt flies x 4
Arnold press super set BB shrugs x 3

I also throw in skipping rope for 30 seconds between each sets. The rep range again was between 8 - 10 reps.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Woke up feeling good and ready to hit the gym, aaaaand then life got in the way. So i took my pre which at the moment is High Volume and 1-2 DMAA capsules and my am Test - XT capsule.I eventually made it to the gym about an hour and half later than i had wanted and just was not mentally with it. Still I did an okay shoulder work out. DB Shoulder press x 2 Seated db side raises x 4 Standing BB press x 2 Bent over rear delt flies x 4 Arnold press super set BB shrugs x 3 I also throw in skipping rope for 30 seconds between each sets. The rep range again was between 8 - 10 reps.
Any workout is better than no workout bro. Life sometimes does get in the way, even though I love making gains, it's still a hobby.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Any workout is better than no workout bro. Life sometimes does get in the way, even though I love making gains, it's still a hobby.
True it is only a hobby, although I work best with routine, and when that routine gets pit off course I take a while to adjust.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
This morning was back and a bit of calve and core work with some skipping between sets. I am starting to notice getting an extra 1-2 reps on quite a few exercises. Only early days but I will see how things progress.

Today went like this
V bar pulldown super set seated calve raises x 3
Db row x 3
Low pulley to neck row x 3
Wide lat pulldown super set standing calve raises x 3
Straight arm pulldown x 3
Core work

Felt good this morning, in the gym by 0500, had the whole place to myself for a while. Tomorrow may be a rest day, but I will see how I feel tonight.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I may have missed it, but are you doing any cardio?

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I may have missed it, but are you doing any cardio?
I try to have 1-2 days a week, sometimes it is hiit if I'm really feeling it, or a bit of LISS if I'm happy to just cruise on a tready or bike for a bit.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Love an empty gym! Can be as noisy as you want and really get in the zone.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Another session down,and probably should of had a rest day, but figured i'll push through legs tomorrow and take friday off, as that is the day I fly to work for my swing. This mornings session was chest and tri's and being week 8 of Y3T it calls for the rep range to be in the 12-14 reps. I hit the gym a little later this morning and had time for a protein shake, and my usual pre at of the moment of 1 Test-XT, 1 DMAA cap and 1 scoop of high volume. Todays pump was good, I could see vains running across my front delts as usual, and across my chest which happens but today they were really visable. So dunno if I am getting a bot of extra pump from the Test-XT, but Iike it any way.I haven't noticed any increase in labido as yet.

Anyway this mornings workout looked like this, allweights in kg.

DB incline 30x14, 30x13, 30x10
Incline db flies 17.5 x 13 x 2, 17.5 x 12 x 1
Weighted dips 12.5 x 13, 12.5 x 10
Cable cross over drop set 50 x 14 > 40 x 14 > 30 x 12 > 20 x 15
Tri pushdown 60 x 14, 60 x 13, 60 x 12
Skull Crusher 20 x 13 x 3
CGBP 45 x 12, 45 x 10

Tris were trashed by the end.

I am also trying CBL (Carb Back Loading) and am wondering if any one has tried it. I will give it go for a couple of weeks and watch the mirror and scales and see if there is any difference.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Looks a great workout man, good idea about having a rest day Friday too.

Always wanted to try Y3T... You like it?

CBL I've never done myself however a few of my friends have and they LOVED it. I don't really know a great deal about it to be fair.

Keep up the good work

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Looks a great workout man, good idea about having a rest day Friday too.

Always wanted to try Y3T... You like it?

CBL I've never done myself however a few of my friends have and they LOVED it. I don't really know a great deal about it to be fair.

Keep up the good work
Thanks mate.
It has been an interesting program that I have like and improved strength and probably leaned up a bit in the process.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Thanks mate. It has been an interesting program that I have like and improved strength and probably leaned up a bit in the process.
Might give this a go soon then :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can always use a little leaning up

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am just getting back home from an 11 day Cruise, I need some serous leaning up!

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Didn't make it to the gym before work, so I used the gym at work. It was a leg session which i think will have me a bit sore later today.

Leg press x 3
Squat x 3
Front squat x 3
Leg extension x 3
Lying leg curl x 4
High feet leg press x 4
SLDL x 4

Everything in the 12-14 rep range and man my hamstrings were fried by the end. Had my 2 Test-XT for the day, thinking it may help with a bit of endurance, helping get an extra rep out.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to see you made it To A Gym ! Dedication !

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders tonight and what a pump! I'm thinking the Test-XT is helping by getting an extra rep in at the end of a set.

Db shoulder press x 2
Seated side raises x 4
Ohp x 2
Rear delt flies x 4
Arnold press super set db shrugs x 3

All sets between 12-14 reps.

Might try and do some LISS tomorrow morning before work.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man, glad to see it's working for you. I've yet to try this but I will be soon.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Made it in to the gym last night for a quick back session, in and out in 40 minutes.

V bar pulldown x 3
Db rows x 3
Low pulley to neck rows x 3
Wide lat pulldown x 3
Straight arm pulldown x 3

All reps in the 12-14 rep range.

Also got up early this morning for some fasted cardio.

Been getting my 2 Test-XT in a day, one am and one pm, starting to see a libido increase, good stuff.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your hard work will pay off!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Thanks for the mention guys!!!! :( I see where I am wanted LOL! Nice work in here bro!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's not a party with out McCrew!

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Starting my final week of Y3T tonight and this is week 9 and for this week all training is in the 16-20 rep range. I wasn't really feeling it tonight, but chucked in a couple of extra sets of chest and tri's at the end along with some weighted stretches.

Incline db press x 2
Incline flies x 2
Dips x 2
Cable cross over dropset x 4 drops
Tri pushdown x 2
Skull crushers x 2
CGBP x 2

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Starting my final week of Y3T tonight and this is week 9 and for this week all training is in the 16-20 rep range. I wasn't really feeling it tonight, but chucked in a couple of extra sets of chest and tri's at the end along with some weighted stretches. Incline db press x 2 Incline flies x 2 Dips x 2 Cable cross over dropset x 4 drops Tri pushdown x 2 Skull crushers x 2 CGBP x 2
It's crap when you don't feel like training.. You did well to do extra work man... Now just kill it next session :)

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
It's crap when you don't feel like training.. You did well to do extra work man... Now just kill it next session :)
Cheers Grinnell,

I got in there tonight and smashed out a high volume leg session.

I am looking for some ideas for my next program to follow, are there any suggestions out there. I think I'll have a rest week and try and do some giant sets. Not really a rest but a change, and the start a new program.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Got on to the gym after work and got my shoulder session done. Had heaps of energy last night and this time I had my Test-XT before my workout. Had a killer pump with veins really visible across my front delta and upper chest. I believe the Test-XT is helping with pumps for sure. My pre is High Volume and with Test-XT it works great.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice !

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
As far as routines go...

I make my own up, I do heavy weight, low reps for my big 3.

Then everything else is a mix up.. So sometimes 12rps, sometimes 100reps lol.

I quite often will do something like this:

T-bar rows-

2-3 sets of moderate weight 8-10
1-2 sets of heavy for 5-6
1 set of super heavy 1-3
Then back to a lighter weight for 12-15.

That's what I do with most exercises but not always, just keep shocking the muscles :)

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
So I did my final session of Y3T yesterday. I had my Test-XT and pre workout and hit the gym for back. I was at a different gym to usual so some pulldown exercises took a couple of weight changes to adjust to the different set up. All in all it was a good workout and pump.

I went in this morning for chest which is just something I threw together, and without the structured routine a felt a little lost.

I will look into 5x5 routine, but I will throw in some high rep stuff if it doesn't have any. I'll keep you posted.

Libido is up and that makes everyone happy.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A different gym is alway tuff

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
So I did my final session of Y3T yesterday. I had my Test-XT and pre workout and hit the gym for back. I was at a different gym to usual so some pulldown exercises took a couple of weight changes to adjust to the different set up. All in all it was a good workout and pump.

I went in this morning for chest which is just something I threw together, and without the structured routine a felt a little lost.

I will look into 5x5 routine, but I will throw in some high rep stuff if it doesn't have any. I'll keep you posted.

Libido is up and that makes everyone happy.
5X5 is nice I would look into a drop set routine I found that helped out with strength more than anything and with the drop sets helped with my endurance as well.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So late for the party, but I'm in! PN looks like a solid company!

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
So late for the party, but I'm in! PN looks like a solid company!
Welcome mate.

Probably a bit over half way through the bottle of Test-XT and am enjoying the increased libido and i reckon some extra pump and endurance in the gym.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
5X5 is nice I would look into a drop set routine I found that helped out with strength more than anything and with the drop sets helped with my endurance as well.
Well I am gonna do something that you really shouldn't do and bastardize a program. My legs are along way behind the upper body when it come to development. I am not all that strong but find when I do train for strength I have more injuries. But I need to get a bit more strength to keep progressing, so I can get higher reps on a heavier weights.

So my plan is
chest - bb press 5x5 followed with higher rep sets
legs - squats 5x5 followed with higher rep sets.
Shoulders - db press 5x5 followed with higher rep sets
Back - Wid lat pulldown 5x5 followed with higher rep sets

Every secoond day will also have either 5 sets of squats with one day being 10 - 12 reps and theleg day 14-16 reps. I wont be pushing these other leg days to hard, just trying to stimulate the muscle.

So today was legs and it went
Squat 5x5
Leg press x 3 10-12 reps
SLDL x 3 10-12 reps
Hyper extensions x 3 10-12 reps
leg extension x 2 16-20 reps
lying leg curl x 2 16-20 reps
seated calve raises x 6 10 reps

Good session, and will see how I pull up tomorrow.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I see nothing wrong with trying something different

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Yea man I dont see anything wrong with transforming an already proven method to fit your goals and level of lifting. Thats how new programs and training styles are born because lets be honest all we are doing is this
20120418160109-i-lift-things-up-and-put-them-down.jpg

But how many times and how much we are doing is what makes a difference :)