Gains and Recovery with MST

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Going to be making this a Recomp based log, gain muscle and strength while also maintain or lowering bf%. Current training regime is sheiko 4 day split. Nutrition is mixed, with carb cycling and fasting on some days. Planned on running some slin, but decided to hold up on that. Will be runningn clen at about 40mcg, 2 weeks on and two weeks off. The two weeks off I will add in some other fatburner, not sure on what it will be.

Basic stats:
5'9
165lbs

Other supps:
Multi
Vitamin c
Cod oil
Wyked 2.0
Sns leucine and creatine mono
Clen
Taurine

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Not training today so I will break down what I did yesterday. Yesterday I was in the gym for a bit over 6hours and additional 10 minute cool down on the treadmill. I did hit a pr but this was after I did a majority of other movements, so probably wasn't at my strongest.

Squat: 1x3x225, 1x3x270, 1x3x315, 5x4x360
Bench: 1x4x135, 1x4x155, 5x4x185
Squat: 1x3x225, 1x3x270, 3x8x315
DB row: 1x2x70, 1x2x80, 1x25x90
Wide grip pulls: 1x10x90, 2x10x110
Lat PD: 1x10x110, 2x10x130
Deadlift: 1x1x225, 1x1x275,1x1x315,1x1x365,1x1x405 pr
Forget the numbers after this, hit hamstrings, chest, calves, quads, triceps, biceps, and forearms.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Bought some wrist wraps, hoping they will be coming today in mail

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Very nice, what flavor you there ?

Also what wraps did you get ?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Very nice, what flavor you there ? Also what wraps did you get ?
Chocolate and elite fts super heavy duty wraps, should arrive sometime tomorrow or Monday and I will get some shots for my training montage

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I havent flat benched in A WHILE! Lol

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I do enjoy db work for accessory and hypertrophy

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Initial thoughts:
Tossed a scoop into my shaker with some milk. It mixed really well, no chunks and it was smooth going down. The taste was very strong, so might need to add more milk next time as it was a bit overwhelming, but still very good. Noting on recovery, I am still recovering from Thursday's workout as it was 6hrs long, but with these extra cals from this products and its mix I do believe it added in recovery more so than if I hadn't. Whoever says that squats, deads, benching don't work your core is a mad man. My abs are the most sore part of my body and i didn't hit them with any direct movements like crunches

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am in !

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Initial thoughts: Tossed a scoop into my shaker with some milk. It mixed really well, no chunks and it was smooth going down. The taste was very strong, so might need to add more milk next time as it was a bit overwhelming, but still very good. Noting on recovery, I am still recovering from Thursday's workout as it was 6hrs long, but with these extra cals from this products and its mix I do believe it added in recovery more so than if I hadn't. Whoever says that squats, deads, benching don't work your core is a mad man. My abs are the most sore part of my body and i didn't hit them with any direct movements like crunches
6 hour workout?!?!?!? Thats insane! What could you possibly do in 6 hours!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How's your depth comin along on squats?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to see you working on your depth on squats and holding off on slin. Saw your training log. A lot of work ahead of you in diet, form, and programming. Good luck bud.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Good to see you working on your depth on squats and holding off on slin. Saw your training log. A lot of work ahead of you in diet, form, and programming. Good luck bud.
Yeah I'm focusing more on general form and diet, I have everything needed for slin but I will wait like how I had planned. Squats are taking a back seat tho, working on form but cut down the volume greatly. Focusing on bench and deads. Thinking about taking back squat out of training and replacing with front squat or another squat that would help my conventional deadlift. Anyone have any ideas of squats movements that carry over well to the conventional deadlift?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I'm focusing more on general form and diet, I have everything needed for slin but I will wait like how I had planned. Squats are taking a back seat tho, working on form but cut down the volume greatly. Focusing on bench and deads. Thinking about taking back squat out of training and replacing with front squat or another squat that would help my conventional deadlift. Anyone have any ideas of squats movements that carry over well to the conventional deadlift?
Id honestly just keep back squatting and work to make it perfect. All forms of below parallel squats will carry over. But front squats help a good amount of guys.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Id honestly just keep back squatting and work to make it perfect. All forms of below parallel squats will carry over. But front squats help a good amount of guys.
I'm working the form on back squat with light weight, as not to take away from the other two lifts. All forms? I want the best though, the one that will carry over the most, the optimal, equilibrium. I just want to center all my training around increasing bench and deads, I do want to still squat but I want to make sure the variation I pick is the optimal for the best carry over. You feel me?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Just took 25mcg of clen, so far I'm feeling very clear headed. How long to wait before gym you'd think? An hour or so?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm working the form on back squat with light weight, as not to take away from the other two lifts. All forms? I want the best though, the one that will carry over the most, the optimal, equilibrium. I just want to center all my training around increasing bench and deads, I do want to still squat but I want to make sure the variation I pick is the optimal for the best carry over. You feel me?
There is 100s of ways to look at this. Most lifters problems are technique based, second is mental, and last is muscle based. You are majoring in the minors atm. Id say it wont matter much as long as its 1) to depth 2) you work hard at it 3) are making sure to improve all the basic musculature that is needed to pull; back, abs, quads, hams, and glutes. You are a novice lifter so all these details, shiko, and whatever is veru irrelevant atm. Just work are at a program with basic progression built in. Also gaining weight would help all your lifts. A good 40 or so pounds would do you well.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
There is 100s of ways to look at this. Most lifters problems are technique based, second is mental, and last is muscle based. You are majoring in the minors atm. Id say it wont matter much as long as its 1) to depth 2) you work hard at it 3) are making sure to improve all the basic musculature that is needed to pull; back, abs, quads, hams, and glutes. You are a novice lifter so all these details, shiko, and whatever is veru irrelevant atm. Just work are at a program with basic progression built in. Also gaining weight would help all your lifts. A good 40 or so pounds would do you well.
Gotcha. I've seen a few points where I could improve on with deads like *******. Bench I get stuck 2 inches off chest when going up. So I think rack pulls and board press will be good accessories. I've neglected ab training but been working on using planks and started rowing wide. Gaining weight would be the obvious choice so I'm working on that

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I just watched a guy for the first time in RL bench 495lbs, they were like half reps but still lol

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
First day with my clen at 25mcg, no sides so far. Using taurine alongside the clen to be safe as well. Been pretty sore these past few days but when I got in the gym it was just greasing the gear. Everything felt good.

Deads: 1x3x200, 1x3x240, 1x3x280, 4x3x300
Bench: 1x3x135, 1x3x160, 4x6x185
Overhead Tricep Exten cable: 3x10x50
Wide face pull: 3x10x130
Reverse bar curls: 3x15x50

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First day with my clen at 25mcg, no sides so far. Using taurine alongside the clen to be safe as well. Been pretty sore these past few days but when I got in the gym it was just greasing the gear. Everything felt good.

Deads: 1x3x200, 1x3x240, 1x3x280, 4x3x300
Bench: 1x3x135, 1x3x160, 4x6x185
Overhead Tricep Exten cable: 3x10x50
Wide face pull: 3x10x130
Reverse bar curls: 3x15x50
Why the clen if trying to gain weight? Just eat more?

Junglekat

Awards
Im in definitely interested in your recovery. 6 hour workouts must bring worlds of doms .

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Im in definitely interested in your recovery. 6 hour workouts must bring worlds of doms .
If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life.

Lol but yeah my abdominals were sore for days after, the rest of my body was fine after the first day.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subbed! Didn't realize you had it started. Looking good man

HJH

Awards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnkTh2aMziE

I think you would find all of these to be both interesting and enlightening.

Also, have you considered breaking your workouts up more, as in, increasing the frequency of your lifting rather than having long (up to six hour) workouts? You could even do them on the same day if you wanted. If you are opposed to this, I would highly suggest a hefty intra and postworkout meal.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnkTh2aMziE I think you would find all of these to be both interesting and enlightening. Also, have you considered breaking your workouts up more, as in, increasing the frequency of your lifting rather than having long (up to six hour) workouts? You could even do them on the same day if you wanted. If you are opposed to this, I would highly suggest a hefty intra and postworkout meal.
The 6hr workout was just that day only, I'm currently running sheiko, but I had no college or work that one day so was like **** it and did a full body workout

Typically workouts are only 2-3hrs

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Missed a few lifts this day, last on bench and last on deads.

workout222.png

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm genuinely confused at what you're trying to do here. If your back squat sucks, back squat more. If my back squats increase, my deadlifts ALWAYS increase. Hell, I ran smolov jr for my squats, didn't deadlift for 4 weeks, and when I came back to deads they were stronger.

Lou gave you solid advice; I think putting on some weight would help your lifts exponentially.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm genuinely confused at what you're trying to do here. If your back squat sucks, back squat more. If my back squats increase, my deadlifts ALWAYS increase. Hell, I ran smolov jr for my squats, didn't deadlift for 4 weeks, and when I came back to deads they were stronger. Lou gave you solid advice; I think putting on some weight would help your lifts exponentially.
Noted

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Initial thoughts:
Tossed a scoop into my shaker with some milk. It mixed really well, no chunks and it was smooth going down. The taste was very strong, so might need to add more milk next time as it was a bit overwhelming, but still very good. Noting on recovery, I am still recovering from Thursday's workout as it was 6hrs long, but with these extra cals from this products and its mix I do believe it added in recovery more so than if I hadn't. Whoever says that squats, deads, benching don't work your core is a mad man. My abs are the most sore part of my body and i didn't hit them with any direct movements like crunches
Good to hear man. I was hoping this would have a nice strong taste! Should be great in some baking as well. Deads typically hit my core real hard too.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear man. I was hoping this would have a nice strong taste! Should be great in some baking as well. Deads typically hit my core real hard too.
Yeah, I believe Rob told me that it does make for nice baking.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
What type of baking we talking about?

Going to hit up the gym soon, drinking my preworkout meal now.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for not updating guys, clen became too much for me to handle a few days back so I stopped. Now I've been in a limbo of headaches, light sensitivity, and night sweats that I'm drenched. So I have been out of the gym for some time, I mean I might try something today but I might need to wear some sun glasses or I will die lol. Think the problem is low potassium, as I have been still taking my taurine and drinking tons of water. And even when I tried pain medication it didn't do **** lol. Felt like o just ate sugar pills, because they didn't work for ****tt

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I hope you are feeling yourself soon.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for not updating guys, clen became too much for me to handle a few days back so I stopped. Now I've been in a limbo of headaches, light sensitivity, and night sweats that I'm drenched. So I have been out of the gym for some time, I mean I might try something today but I might need to wear some sun glasses or I will die lol. Think the problem is low potassium, as I have been still taking my taurine and drinking tons of water. And even when I tried pain medication it didn't do **** lol. Felt like o just ate sugar pills, because they didn't work for ****tt
Sorry to hear that, brotha. Get better

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Take care of yourself Abe!

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, the girls at my work have said I'm looking bigger and asked if I'm on juice lol. Guessing it might be because I'm not depleted any more