BOOM - TNT AM/PM log

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will be running an 8 week run of IronChamp USA TNT AM/PM (fat burner). I got one bottle of each AM & PM on a flash sale for $9.99+ shipping and 2 combo bottles provided by IC for the purposes of this log.

I'm starting this log as I start to transition from a lean bulk to a cutting phase. Currently at 156lbs (5'7" & 31 yrs old). I workout in the morning on weekends and in the evenings on weekdays. I will be trying this both with a peri-workout meal & fasted. I strength train 3-4 days per week and do LISS ~2-3 days and HIIT cardio ~2 days per week. I will be also be trying stacking this with other caffeine sources over the first 1-2 weeks to find my ideal training state.
I will not being going into depth on my workouts (ie. Types of exercises or weights), but will provide general comments as related to the supplement.

Dosing: AM upon waking every day. PM during my last meal before my next workout.

I actually started 2 days ago on Feb 7.
Day 1: AM with ~150 caffeine pre-workout - Left me pretty stimmed but rocked a chest workout + ~25 mins of HIIT on the treadmill.
Day 2: AM with ~125 caffeine pre-workout - Good amount of energy for a shoulder workout + ~30 mins of HIIT on the stepper.

I think the sweet spot will be ~75-100 caffeine in the mornings. So far I've noticed good mood and slight warmth. I won't be updating this log too often in the first few weeks until there are noticeable results.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First week wrap-up:
Getting my diet lined out this week for the cut (so sad to end the bulk phase)...I dropped ~1 lbs this week which I can't necessarily attribute to AM/PM yet. I'm starting to drop my calories, targeting 50/wk. I will assess my progress and energy levels to decide where I stop (no less than 1600 though).

My observations so far have been:
- I felt a lump in my throat the first few days about an hour or two after taking AM with 50-100mg caffeine. I was drinking a lot of water too. It seems to have subsided now.
- Nice drying effect from the gymnema in PM when taken at the end of day.
- AM is keeping me very regular, more than 1 bowel movement on some days which is very rare. My fiber intake is usually pretty high so the difference is AM.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
First week wrap-up:
Getting my diet lined out this week for the cut (so sad to end the bulk phase)...I dropped ~1 lbs this week which I can't necessarily attribute to AM/PM yet. I'm starting to drop my calories, targeting 50/wk. I will assess my progress and energy levels to decide where I stop (no less than 1600 though).

My observations so far have been:
- I felt a lump in my throat the first few days about an hour or two after taking AM with 50-100mg caffeine. I was drinking a lot of water too. It seems to have subsided now.
- Nice drying effect from the gymnema in PM when taken at the end of day.
- AM is keeping me very regular, more than 1 bowel movement on some days which is very rare. My fiber intake is usually pretty high so the difference is AM.
nice update...thank you!!!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 2 wrap-up:
No decrease in weight this week, but started to feel and look leaner & tighter. It has been below -10 degrees Celsius everyday for the past 2-3 weeks up here, but this week it seemed that the cold was affecting me more, hopefully I'm losing my winter "insulation".
I am taking in ~1750 calories per day with a refeed/cheat day of ~1900-2100. I'll hold here for at least another week and assess my progress.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Week 2 wrap-up:
No decrease in weight this week, but started to feel and look leaner & tighter. It has been below -10 degrees Celsius everyday for the past 2-3 weeks up here, but this week it seemed that the cold was affecting me more, hopefully I'm losing my winter "insulation".
I am taking in ~1750 calories per day with a refeed/cheat day of ~1900-2100. I'll hold here for at least another week and assess my progress.
sorry no decrease in weight if that is what you are looking for, but i will take mirror results over scale results anyday!!!!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sorry no decrease in weight if that is what you are looking for, but i will take mirror results over scale results anyday!!!!
Nah, I want the mirror results! I'm having great workouts so all good.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nah, I want the mirror results! I'm having great workouts so all good.
really good to hear. glad you are happy with the product!!!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 3 wrap-up:

I didn't make as much product I would have liked this week. I was working long hours at work this week and not much sleeping. I was closer to 1800+ calories this week as well. However, still kicking ass in the gym and noticed I'm little tighter and more muscle definition.

I'm going to tighten up the diet this week, drop to 1750 cals/day.and try to stick to it.

I've been varying the time I take the dose PM to coincide with a carb meal. thebigt - Bottle say dose PM prior to workout, would you recommend that if i'm training fasted?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Week 3 wrap-up:

I didn't make as much product I would have liked this week. I was working long hours at work this week and not much sleeping. I was closer to 1800+ calories this week as well. However, still kicking ass in the gym and noticed I'm little tighter and more muscle definition.

I'm going to tighten up the diet this week, drop to 1750 cals/day.and try to stick to it.

I've been varying the time I take the dose PM to coincide with a carb meal. thebigt - Bottle say dose PM prior to workout, would you recommend that if i'm training fasted?
i would dose PM as close to bedtime as possible, for me around 2 hours before bed...if i dose it any closer to bed i get bad night sweats, you might not get the night sweats so you might try dosing right at bed time to see.

btw-i don't have a bottle in front of me, but i think AM is the one to take prior to workout, i will have to check that!!!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i would dose PM as close to bedtime as possible, for me around 2 hours before bed...if i dose it any closer to bed i get bad night sweats, you might not get the night sweats so you might try dosing right at bed time to see.

btw-i don't have a bottle in front of me, but i think AM is the one to take prior to workout, i will have to check that!!!
I workout at night on weekdays so don't want to impact sleep.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
~workout 6:30-8, bed at ~10
i see no problem with just dosing preworkout, keeps it simple yet effective, imo....on non-workout nights maybe try dosing at 8pm!!!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I missed an update because I was on vacation Friday-Monday for the Arnold. Unfortunately for the log, I took a break from my routine. I didn't count calories and indulged in some local delights.

Good news is I am roughly the same on the scale and in mirror. At the 4.5 week point and hoping the stack will shine in the home stretch. I'm only progressing on my lifts so only modest changes to my caloric intake will be made.

thebigt - I tried AM pre-workout around 5pm and it kept me up so I went back to AM upon waking and PM immediately prior to bed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I missed an update because I was on vacation Friday-Monday for the Arnold. Unfortunately for the log, I took a break from my routine. I didn't count calories and indulged in some local delights.

Good news is I am roughly the same on the scale and in mirror. At the 4.5 week point and hoping the stack will shine in the home stretch. I'm only progressing on my lifts so only modest changes to my caloric intake will be made.

thebigt - I tried AM pre-workout around 5pm and it kept me up so I went back to AM upon waking and PM immediately prior to bed.
if that works for you then i say go for it!!!

did you get a lot of freebies at the arnold?

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if that works for you then i say go for it!!!

did you get a lot of freebies at the arnold?
A decent amount of samples, I think some companies have scaled back a little from what I hear. Most of my stash was courtesy of The Solution.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A decent amount of samples, I think some companies have scaled back a little from what I hear. Most of my stash was courtesy of The Solution.
damn....years ago guys would post up pillow cases full of freebies, it was like a supplement users halloween, lol....supp companies are making more than ever and giving back less, sounds just like the rest of corporate america!!!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn....years ago guys would post up pillow cases full of freebies, it was like a supplement users halloween, lol....supp companies are making more than ever and giving back less, sounds just like the rest of corporate america!!!
I went for at least 80% of the time on each day and came away with about a pillowcase full of samples in total but most were duplicates because I would loop back for places without lines.
From what I saw most companies were trying to sell stuff than giveaway.
The line at the Optimum booth was insane so I didn't wait.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I went for at least 80% of the time on each day and came away with about a pillowcase full of samples in total but most were duplicates because I would loop back for places without lines.
From what I saw most companies were trying to sell stuff than giveaway.
The line at the Optimum booth was insane so I didn't wait.
a few guys on AM i have talked with that wouldn't mind meeting up with, but if i went it would be mostly for the freebies!!! that and to see in person just how huge bodybuilders have become, i hear that arnold would be considered small, lol.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
a few guys on AM i have talked with that wouldn't mind meeting up with, but if i went it would be mostly for the freebies!!! that and to see in person just how huge bodybuilders have become, i hear that arnold would be considered small, lol.
It was my first time and I like freebies! It was cool to meet some guys from the forums and see the hooge dudes. The city has some good places to eat too. But I would make it a habit.
I'd like to try the O before I think about going back.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It was my first time and I like freebies! It was cool to meet some guys from the forums and see the hooge dudes. The city has some good places to eat too. But I would make it a habit.
I'd like to try the O before I think about going back.
the arnold would be my choice...i live close by in indiana.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm down ~1.5lbs this week and looking a little leaner/tighter. I'm maintaining my strength and muscle so very reluctant to make any further cuts to my caloric intake especially so early in the cutting cycle. I'm no particular rush and would rather maintain muscle than see the number on the scale come down. I think I'll ride this out for at least a couple more weeks.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm down ~1.5lbs this week and looking a little leaner/tighter. I'm maintaining my strength and muscle so very reluctant to make any further cuts to my caloric intake especially so early in the cutting cycle. I'm no particular rush and would rather maintain muscle than see the number on the scale come down. I think I'll ride this out for at least a couple more weeks.
i like the old saying...'bodybuilding is a marathon, not a sprint'!!!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't really see any change on the scale this week, maybe a half a pound but too hard to tell.

I switched back from Creatine HCL to creatine monohydrate and looked a little bloaty all week which is typical for me on creatine mono. I'll have to keep an eye on this to assess how much, if any, scale weight is excess water retention.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The water retention at 5 grams shouldnt be too drastic. Once you start going higher than that tho, definitely a difference. Im curious how creatine anhydrous is with the water retention.. Oooo and im in for this lol i just ordered two months supply for my cut. Am pm formula def made the most sense to drop some fat. So far looks like its been going well for you bro.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The water retention at 5 grams shouldnt be too drastic. Once you start going higher than that tho, definitely a difference. Im curious how creatine anhydrous is with the water retention.. Oooo and im in for this lol i just ordered two months supply for my cut. Am pm formula def made the most sense to drop some fat. So far looks like its been going well for you bro.
Yeah, I bloat pretty easily :(. In hindsight it could have been from some egg protein I was having the past week (much more than normal).

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really try to get tight on my diet and hit my macros. The hunger pangs are really started to come on, especially at night post-workout. The abs are starting to re-appear so I see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Sorry it took me so long to get in on this. It seems to be working nicely. Leaner, tighter and weight decrease is always good :)

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry it took me so long to get in on this. It seems to be working nicely. Leaner, tighter and weight decrease is always good :)
Yes sir and welcome.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Really try to get tight on my diet and hit my macros. The hunger pangs are really started to come on, especially at night post-workout. The abs are starting to re-appear so I see the light at the end of the tunnel :)
it aint easy, but easier to deal with when you are seeing the results you are looking for!!!!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So last day on AM/PM and the end result has been ~2-3 lbs weight loss and 1-2% bf reduction. Now, if I'm being completely honest with myself I didn't truly go into a calorie deficit until week 3 or 4. I started this combo coming off a bulk and was around maintenance for the first bit and then I had a full on weekend cheat (no calorie counting) in Ohio for the Arnold. The last several weeks I was in about a 100 Cal deficit. With that being said there was definitely some upside to TNT from my results if I restricted my diet a little more. My goal was to lose bf while maintaining most of lean body mass so I was totally fine with a go slow approach.

Effectiveness: 6 of 10
As stated above, I achieved some changes in weight and body fat. Even though I was only in a slight deficit I had higher hopes. The marketing line for TNT is the product geared towards obese people and those who want to get sub 10. I feel that is a little bit of a stretch.

Value: 8 of 10
For what it you get it is priced appropriately IMO. There has been some pretty good deals on TNT since it launched which makes it a easy decision to give it a shot.

Overall: 7 of 10
For reference I don't throw out 9 or 10 ratings easily so 7 is pretty good. I would recommend TNT AM/PM for those on re-comp or a cut. If you have a moderate high stim tolerance I would add in 100-200mg caffeine. If you go in with realistic expectations, moderate fat loss, you won't be disappointed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So last day on AM/PM and the end result has been ~2-3 lbs weight loss and 1-2% bf reduction. Now, if I'm being completely honest with myself I didn't truly go into a calorie deficit until week 3 or 4. I started this combo coming off a bulk and was around maintenance for the first bit and then I had a full on weekend cheat (no calorie counting) in Ohio for the Arnold. The last several weeks I was in about a 100 Cal deficit. With that being said there was definitely some upside to TNT from my results if I restricted my diet a little more. My goal was to lose bf while maintaining most of lean body mass so I was totally fine with a go slow approach.

Effectiveness: 6 of 10
As stated above, I achieved some changes in weight and body fat. Even though I was only in a slight deficit I had higher hopes. The marketing line for TNT is the product geared towards obese people and those who want to get sub 10. I feel that is a little bit of a stretch.

Value: 8 of 10
For what it you get it is priced appropriately IMO. There has been some pretty good deals on TNT since it launched which makes it a easy decision to give it a shot.

Overall: 7 of 10
For reference I don't throw out 9 or 10 ratings easily so 7 is pretty good. I would recommend TNT AM/PM for those on re-comp or a cut. If you have a moderate high stim tolerance I would add in 100-200mg caffeine. If you go in with realistic expectations, moderate fat loss, you won't be disappointed.
thank you for the log/review!!!

if you could post this in the review section it would be much appreciated!!!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thank you for the log/review!!!

if you could post this in the review section it would be much appreciated!!!
Sure but I don't see TNT as a product under IC in the review section.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Nice log GNO . I appreciate your review. Thanks for running TNT :)