Ostar1ne Cycle (unsponsored)

xswimmer

Awards
Hey y'all. I'm steppin out for the first time and logging a cycle of Olympus Labs' Ostar1ne. I've been training for the past few years and have finally decided to try something to give me just a little extra boost. I actually started taking the product a week ago and am starting the log today since I've had the experience like most people that I've not felt much of a difference in training in the first 10 days.

First things first, nutrition. Prior to last week, I had been on a cut and lost around 15 lbs since Halloween time. Currently I'm sitting at 6'2" 200 and around 12% body fat as measured by one of the handheld BF% monitors (I know they're not all that accurate). Can't post pics as my post count is low. Once I hit that threshold I'll throw up some before pics.

Over the past week my weight has held steady while eating 2760 calories split 207/276/92 (P/C/F). I split this up over breakfast, 3 lunches, a dinner and a post workout shake. I try to get the majority of my timed around my workout. I've heard Osta works wonders eating at maintenance and am excited to see how it works out for me. Plan on taking it 25mg ED upon waking for 7 weeks.

Other supplements I'm taking currently:
-Creatine mono
-BCAA's intraworkout
-Just got in a bottle of AI Life Support as I was experiencing headaches from high BP in the mornings. Normally am around 110/60.
-CSN Protein (Chocolate Ice Cream FTW!)
-Dr. Jekyll pre-workout

As for my training, over the next 6 weeks I plan on doing GVT on Monday Tuesday and Thursdays during my lunch break at work and then I coach crossfit 3-4 times per week, so I normally throw a few of those workouts in as I see fit when I want to get a little cardio in, or work on some skill work on the major lifts.

I won't be posting updates every day, but I log everything on my own and then transfer it to here when I've got some down time. Looking forward to being completely humbled by GVT and what it has to offer.

xswimmer

Awards
Rest day today. Wake up vascular most days now. Weighed in at 205 this morning, but have been eating a little off plan the past few days as the in-laws were in town and had a few beers which normally makes me hold some extra water for a few days. Decided to up my calories to 3000 while i do GVT and be in a slight surplus to put on a little muscle if possible. First session is tomorrow and will update with how it goes.

xswimmer

Awards
Also as of right now, my 1rm for the major lifts are 275 bench, 335 squat (even though i got hosed by a 315 this week and had hit it x3 the week before), a 425 DL and 165 OHP.

Measurements:
Arms-16"
Waist- 34"
Chest-42"
Legs- 25"

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed....enjoy your cycle;)

xswimmer

Awards
First day of gvt today went pretty well. Woke up this morning and weighed in at 206. Fine considering the game last night and had a few more beverages and ****ty snack food. Got back on the horse nutritionally today.

212 protein
290 carbs
98 fat

Hit 10x10 bench and lay pull down with the 40x0 tempo today and 3x10 flys and t bar row to finish. This lit my chest up and I had an awesome pump even without taking my dr. Jekyll cause I forgot it at home. A friend let me take a hit of his stim shot and I did not enjoy it one bit. The taste was like stale binaca and left me with a headache the rest of the day.

Coached crossfit this afternoon but skipped the workout as it was 100 pull-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 sit ups and 100 squats for time. I did it a few weeks ago and was pleased with my time and felt no need to do it again.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Subbed for sure. What are you looking at for pct?

xswimmer

Awards
Subbed for sure. What are you looking at for pct?
Lookin to pick up some nolva here shortly and go 20/20/10/10 with it. and have got about half a bottle of transform I'll taper through once I wrap that up as I'm more gyno prone. Might use sup3r pct as well.
I've used o-labs products in the past and like them a good bit.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Awesome man. Looking forward to seeing how this treats you. I know Dma378 had a great recomp on Osta.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for bringing my attention to this. Subbed for sure. OP you're going to love Ostar1ne.

xswimmer

Awards
Woke up and weighed in at 202 this morning. I wonder if it's normal to swing weight that much in just a few days? It's how I've always been just wondering if everyone sees that kind of change from beer and junk food even in moderation

Hit legs for day 2 of gvt today. 10x10 squats and leg curl. Been having some hip flexor pain at the bottom of my squat so back off the weight and made sure to hit the tempo spot on. Legs isn't my favorite for volume, but whatever it takes for the gainz.

Went and coached a quick one this afternoon and did it afterwards.

1 rep DL @80% 6 minutes EMOTM. I used 365.

Then 30 jumping jacks, 20 ab twists, 10 kettle bell swings and 5 push press light at 95.

I felt good for all of it and the deadlifts felt really good considering I had done 100 squats earlier in the day. Not sure if it's the Ostarine, but have felt pretty unstoppable with the workouts that require some stamina. Strength still seems normal and really hopin I start to et the feel goods in my joints everyone talks about.

Nutrition was on point
236/306/100 p/c/f today

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm also doing a GVT routine right now. Like the 10x 10 squats. Hate the 10 x 10 leg curls.

xswimmer

Awards
Rest Day. Same weight as yesterday. Sore as **** from those squats. Nutrition was on again today 220/270/98. No sides or any extraordinary feelings to post.

xswimmer

Awards
Quick update on yesterdays sessions. Woke up and popped my 25mg Osta, 3 life support and fish oil. Ate my first PB&J on the way to work and BAM, instant pump.

Did arms and shoulders for the morning workout.

10x10 Dips 40x0 tempo
10x10 Seated incline curls w/ 25's 40x0 tempo
then:
3x10 BO rear delt fly 15 lbs 20x0 tempo
3x15 side lat raise 20 lbs 20x0 tempo

Had such a good pump at this point i didn't want it to be over so I hit some hammer curls and shrugs to finish it off.

Afternoon workout was supposed to be 4x4 strict press and then some circuit. Was not interested in the circuit so I went off on my own

4x4 strict press at 145 just working form
4x8 savickas press with 40 lb dumbells
4x10 lateral raise again
3x10 curl to press with 35's
3x10 back extension with rear delt fly on GHD machine
Ab work

Nutrition has been good this week. Hit all my macros again yesterday 215/315/102. My weight on the scale hasn't really moved this week, but I am feeling leaned out over when I started. I wouldn't say the effects of Ostar1ne are drastic, but there's something there. I'm about 16 days into it now and am still planning on a 6-7 week run.

xswimmer

Awards
Woke up this morning and hit chest again. Had to cut it a little short cause I had a contractor coming to the house at 9. Went to a concert last night and didn't get as much sleep as normal but really feeling good today.

10x10 bench at 145
10x10 pull down (chin up grip)

3x10 incline fly @ 30
3x10 plate press @ 45

Did a crossfit workout yesterday that was pretty brutal.

"Helen"
3x for time
400m run
21 kb swings @ 24kg
12 pull-ups.

Finished it in 9:06. Was a brutal workout for under 10 min of work. Had me winded for 15 minutes after I was done but this was less than 10 seconds off my pr for the workout and I had hit some serious vume this week so I'm happy with it.

I know I mentioned before I feel like my stamina is improved on osta but this was a pretty good performance for me. The 10 pound jump on bench weight was like next to nothing.

xswimmer

Awards
Legs yesterday, Arms/shoulders today. Woke up yesterday and this morning at 203. Up 1 pound from a week ago. Strayed a tiny bit from the diet with a few beers this weekend, but nothing crazy. Noticed over the weekend that I was feeling really great. Mood was good, body felt good and rested despite the killer workout Friday.

Legs workout yesterday
10x10 squat at 185 40x0
10x10 Poor man glute/ham 40x0

3x10 leg pull in
3x10 side steps with slingshot hip circle

Still working on finding a better squat technique to where I don't get hip pain. Working on mobility of hip flexors since I sit all day and getting some good glute activation work in before i start to squat seems to help a bit. It feels better once I'm a few sets in, so maybe a more intensive warmup is needed.

Doing the same arms workout today as last week. Looking forward to the pump. Then we've got crossfit total at the gym tonight. Hoping to pull a good weight on deadlift and will be happy with whatever I get on the other lifts (squat and strict press). It's not really at the point in my training to be testing maxes, but I haven't done it in so long it'll be a gauge to how far I've come later down the road.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! I logged this a while back and loved it. Starting a second bottle myself today at 20mg for 8 weeks. Logging it with some TD 11-OXO (sponsored) :)

Haven't got the log up yet, but will shortly!

xswimmer

Awards
Arms went great yesterday, resting today. Weight still sitting at 203. Feel great and muscles feel more full throughout the day.

10x10 Dips + 30 lbs
10x10 Incl Curls 30 lbs for first 5 sets, dropped to 25 for last 5

3x10 seated lateral raise 20 lbs
3x10 shrugs with pause at top

In the afternoon hit a crossfit total. Didn't quite get to where I wanted with my lifts, but totaled 900 lbs. 335 squat, 160 strict press, 405 deadlift. Not bad with the squat and DL considering the leg work i put in yesterday. The last time I tested these three on the same day was back in November, 2013 and was at a 305 squat, 160 press and 365 deadlift while weighing 225 lbs, so I like the progress. They weren't my best lifts ever, but considering where I am in my training I'll definitely take it.

xswimmer

Awards
So, are you now about 21 days in?
Yeah, right at 3 weeks. Really enjoying it right now. Haven't had the headaches or anything since middle of the second week or so be that from the life support or acclimating, I'm not sure, but either way really enjoying Ostar1ne at the moment.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, right at 3 weeks. Really enjoying it right now. Haven't had the headaches or anything since middle of the second week or so be that from the life support or acclimating, I'm not sure, but either way really enjoying Ostar1ne at the moment.
Yeah, I got those headaches my first run. I can feel them starting in my run right now, but it is just the second day.

I thought maybe mine were due to elevated BP, but checked and it was fine. I think it is just a side effect of Osta.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Subbed better late than never!!! Keep putting in good work

xswimmer

Awards
Woke up today feeling kinda crappy. Not sick or anything, just bloated. Weighed the same as i have all week, 203, so might have just been a feeling.

Hit chest and back today, went pretty well, halfway through got a bit of a nagging headache and still have it. Wasn't really having fun today, but hit the weights i was supposed to for the sets i was supposed to. It's not fun every day. Pushed through and took a killer swolfie that I can't post yet due to post count limits, but in due time i suppose.

10x10 bench at 155 40x0
10x10 pulldown (chinup grip) 40x0

3x10 incline flys w/ 35's 20x0
3x10 t bar row 80 lbs on bar 20x0

3x10 cable fly 60 lbs 2 sec pause
3x10 db shrugs 90 lbs 2 sec pause.

Still got a huge pump going on, the Dr. Jekyll is not all that great for focus or buzz, but man do I get a massive pump from it.

Nutrition during the week is normally spot on. Been on track all week. Still at about a 300 calorie per day surplus and really liking that level of intake. The gains are really slow, but I've done it too fast before and getting it back off is no fun.

As an example of what I normally eat in the day

Breakfast- PB&J 2 slices of ezekiel bread, 64g peanut butter, 40g preserves
Lunch 1 (pre workout)- 5 oz chicken tenderloin, 7 oz jasmine rice, veggies
Shake- CSN protein+48g dextrose powder
Lunch 2 (1.5-2 hrs post workout) 8 oz lean beef, 8 oz jasmine rice, veggies, sunflower seeds
Get home- 4 oz lunchmeat on high fiber wrap or tortilla (if i'm going to the gym)
Dinner- 8 oz fish/chicken/beef, salad, rice/potato more if i do a second workout, less if I don't

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Looks like your diet is correct .. Can't wait to see them swolfies

xswimmer

Awards
Haven't posted in a while. Went out of town for the weekend and didn't train Friday-Saturday. Needless to say, I'm ready to get back at it tomorrow. Diet wasn't as good as it could have been, but it was Valentine's Day and we went to an awesome oyster roast/bbq dinner Saturday night.

I swell up with water so bad after I drink. I drank vodka sodas anytime I had a drink so I don't think it was extra carbs that's making me hold all this water, but my weight is ballooned up to 210 right now. I'm expecting it to drop back down by Wednesday or so, but if I want keep the water weight from creeping in, it seems like even a few drinks is gonna blow that up.

Hitting arms tomorrow and then definitely doing the crossfit workout in the afternoon to try and repent for my sins from this weekend. Glad to be back.

xswimmer

Awards
Hit my arms workout today. Brutal as always. Woke up this morning weighing 207 still holding some water from the weekend. By the time I got home after work at 16:30 though my weight was back down to 204.

10x10 dips with 1 chain
10x10 incline curls with 30s

3x10 seated lat raise with 20s
3x10 shrugs

3x10 tricep push down @ 150 lbs
2x20 hammer curls 25 lbs

Then for the afternoon crossfit session hit:

20 min as many rounds as possible:
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats

Got it for 18 rounds and through 5 squats on the 19th. Was good to get the heart rate up and process through all the crap I put in my body over the weekend.

xswimmer

Awards
Good day man!!
Appreciate it! Gonna hit chest tomorrow and upload some pics since I'm past 20 posts. Felt really good today despite taking an off weekend from the diet and training. Not sure if it's the osta or what but I'll take these general feel goods I've been having the past few weeks.

Started Adding in a teaspoon of Maca in my morning shake to help pick the boys up a little bit. Got my sup3r pct in as well so I'm all shored up for post cycle recovery.

I have another out of town engagement this weekend so gotta get some good hard training in through Friday before I head off.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Osta, over any other compound I've taken, gave me the greatest overall sense of well being. And random desire to just be at the gym. Even more than DMZ, when on Osta I would just get pumped at work and think, Damn I wish I were lifting right now!!

xswimmer

Awards
Trained chest and back today in the morning. Woke up weighing 204 again. Feelin put back together from the weekend, but sore as crap from yesterday's workouts.

10x10 bench at 165
6x10 lat pull down at 150. Elbow got really sore during these from all the volume

3x10 flys 30
3x10 t bar row +90
3x10 db pullover 75

Wasn't going to workout this afternoon, but showed up to coach at 6 tonight and no one was there, so I did some foam rolling and worked some cleans from blocks. I haven't cleaned in a long time and worked up to a set of 2 from the blocks at 225. I was really happy with it since my best clean ever was from the floor and was about 240 lbs. I did that over a year ago and was 25 lbs heavier.

Taking a much needed rest day tomorrow. Gonna go ice this elbow down and keep enjoying this gain train ostar1ne has me on

xswimmer

Awards
Been a while since I posted. Not really feeling like I'm getting much out of this anymore, but I'm going to finish out the seven weeks since I hate the idea of stopping too soon and wasting product. Still hitting the workouts i've been posting. After this week it calls for a little less volume for 15 days, so I'll carry on with that. Crossfit open starts this week, so I'll have one of those workouts to do each week, and I'm going and doing my Level 1 cert this weekend down in Atlanta. Any previous Ostar1ne users got any input on what to expect these last few weeks?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't relate to what you're experiencing brother. My run was uplifting and great until the end, while making steady progress. Hopefully just a lull and you'll finish strong.

xswimmer

Awards
Yeah, I'm still making progress, the well being feeling might just be getting overshadowed by all this crappy weather, and I had to miss a few days for a buddy's bachelor party. We'll see how I feel by the end of this week with the diet back in check and hitting all the workouts like I had been.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear you are having a bit of a rough patch. I know what you mean about the weather. I'm about 16 days in at 20mg a day of Ostar1ne (2nd run), and am feeling pretty good, as well as strong.

Like you said, the diet and training being back on point may just be all the mental push you need.