EvoMuse Strafe. Next level recovery

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I just wanted to thank dsade being gracious enough to send me a 22serving tub of strafe with my most recent purchase of the new MyoPeptide protein (both flavors are delicious and I highly recommend them). With all the new stuff that evomuse is coming out with I can see myself buying their products a lot more regularly now, especially the protein.

So What is Strafe?
Strafe™ is a pretty straightforward product designed to maximize the muscle protein synthesis and Anti-catabolic properties of Leucine metabolism. We follow along the entire pathway, providing substrate for subsequent reactions that end up creating muscle. Strafe™ is designed to take right before bed, with or without the addition of a slow-acting protein like Casein.

It wasn't until the HMB sale patent expired in 2013 that we were able to find material of the same quality without the huge overcharge (a dumb move, IMO). So...here we go:

Leucine, provided in a 2:1:1 BCAA ration
Keto-Isocaproate - the first Leucine metabolite in the ultimate pathway to activate mTOR.
HICA - a further metabolite that is pretty kickass, even on its own (see the MyoSynergy writeup)
Ca-HMB - No, this doesn't feel like Deca but the initial testing of everything combined is yielding some excellent results in the context of the entire formula.
Betaine (Trimethylglycine) - methyl donor and a newish nutrient to generate a huge emount of excitement from a strength, endurance, and hypertrophy perspective. This will require more study support than I am going to post today - gotta wait for the writeup.
as you can see this is not a typical recovery drink where it's just bcaa's. In fact this has both leucine metabolites. Knowing that MyoSynergy uses 2g of HICA daily in the serving I expect this product is definitely not lacking in the dosage department. One serving is 10g, so let's say 3g bcaa 2:1:1 which leaves us with 5/6g of actives to fit those 4 little ingredients into (also accounting for flavoring)

How I will dose it
this was the hardest part for me to figure out. I did not want to just take this every day because some days I feel like I haven't pushed myself to the limits and won't be sore and don't want to waste a serving. What I will be doing is taking a dose 2-3 times a week, after my more intense workouts

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards

all that black stains on my towel are from the BMP product EvoMuse will soon be releasing. I'm fairly certain it will wash out
Dose 1
I took my first dose ~45mins before bed and had it mixed with 400ml of water. It mixed instantly, just a couple of turns of the shaker bottle and everything was in solution already. There is no artificial coloring and the aroma can leave some to be desired. As for the flavor it is cantaloupe melon. I messed up by adding too much water and it was very diluted in terms of flavor. There was a slight after taste but nothing too bad.

after 25mins my stomach started getting very warm, not sure if because of the product or heat flash or w/e will look out for this in the future again.

Woke up this morning with minimal doms from one of my more intense workouts

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for dem gainz

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
off day today but holy ****. I have no soreness in my back at all. I haven't done any bodybuilding isolations like that in about 2months and I was prepared to be sore. Woke up today and pinched my shoulderblades awaiting the soreness but it was perfectly normal. Legs are sore as always and I am about to wreck them tomorrow.

I drank it right before bed this time as I kind of forgot lol. I mixed 1scoop MyoPeptide protein(cantaloupe) with 1 scoop strafe and the flavor was perfect in 500ml of water. There still is a little after taste of bcaa's but nothing strong, really weak

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for this!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This formula started liie most of my formulas...my mind wandering into "what if" terriroty. Did a search and found nobody with anything similiar, which really surprised me, and the ingrediuents easy ti find - so within a week i was testing, within another week I was so impressed the I pulled the trigger.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
all that black stains on my towel are from the BMP product EvoMuse will soon be releasing. I'm fairly certain it will wash out
Dose 1
I took my first dose ~45mins before bed and had it mixed with 400ml of water. It mixed instantly, just a couple of turns of the shaker bottle and everything was in solution already. There is no artificial coloring and the aroma can leave some to be desired. As for the flavor it is cantaloupe melon. I messed up by adding too much water and it was very diluted in terms of flavor. There was a slight after taste but nothing too bad.

after 25mins my stomach started getting very warm, not sure if because of the product or heat flash or w/e will look out for this in the future again.

Woke up this morning with minimal doms from one of my more intense workouts
Subbed!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I did the same volume as last week in todays leg workout and thus have a baseline to base it off of. Honestly, I expect great recovery from strafe as it's been pretty freaking awesome in the minimal use I've had thus far.

Workout:
Front Squat 5x5 205
3sec Pause Back Squat 5x5 225
Push Press 5x5 155

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice. Notice any increase of urination? Ex waking up in the middle of the night?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Nice. Notice any increase of urination? Ex waking up in the middle of the night?
nothing out of the ordinary. I've never had a problem like that but am young, only 21, so ymmv. However, when I do get up to use the bathroom, I do realize I wake up to take a piss an hour or two before my actual wake up time rather than in the night.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
legs are still sore :( I was expecting a miracle by not having any soreness lol. Overall it feels like the soreness I had but 2days later, so a faster recovery for sure. Gonna stretch some today then hit pecs and do arms for the first time in two months or so

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
New program monday, am/pm lifting. Separating my oly/bb lifting finally!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be honest....I have used BCAAs for years, as well as high dose HMB, and was pretty disappointed. Once I looked at the whole mTOR pathway, as well as the new research Jason Cholewa (Big Red Training) has been doing on Betaine - then put together the sample batch, I was pretty damn impressed in under a week,

My weak point is night time protein intake/nutrition, and this is making a huge difference,

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I'll be honest....I have used BCAAs for years, as well as high dose HMB, and was pretty disappointed. Once I looked at the whole mTOR pathway, as well as the new research Jason Cholewa (Big Red Training) has been doing on Betaine - then put together the sample batch, I was pretty damn impressed in under a week,

My weak point is night time protein intake/nutrition, and this is making a huge difference,
So typically at night I have 1cup greek yogurt (22g protein) and 480ml milk. Would it be more beneficial for me to dose this at a different time?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope. you're good. mTor activation will increase protein synthesis, but it won't do a damn bit of good if you don't have an increased amino acid pool in the bloodstream to draw from.

BTW, Jason Cholewa is doing the writeup section on Betaine, as well as some support articles for the debut of the Avant Labs forum (what????). Expect this product to be a staple.

I will be hitting the pavement to every single worldwide supplier show I know of to hammer pricing down. It's already affordable, but you know I'm never happy.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you are mainly dosing after workouts, correct? Isn't this meant to be dosed at night time? Or do you work out at night time?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you are mainly dosing after workouts, correct? Isn't this meant to be dosed at night time? Or do you work out at night time?
My post workout nutrition is fine, but once I get home and start working I find myself working until I pass out, thus leaving myself a good 12-13 hours with no protein intake.

I know everyone isn't like me, but the use of this product is extremely effortless. If you have eaten protein within 1-2 hours before bed then don't stress you since you have plenty of amino acids floating around - but if you you eat earlier, toss in a scoop or protein powder.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My post workout nutrition is fine, but once I get home and start working I find myself working until I pass out, thus leaving myself a good 12-13 hours with no protein intake.

I know everyone isn't like me, but the use of this product is extremely effortless. If you have eaten protein within 1-2 hours before bed then don't stress you since you have plenty of amino acids floating around - but if you you eat earlier, toss in a scoop or protein powder.
I was asking because I've run an IF protocol for quite a long time and wonder if this is of good use to me. But I don't want to derail this thread.....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A good EAA supp with Strafe should not derail your protocol at all.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
no I take this prebed. I do 1scoop purple wraath or Strive for pre then 1scoop intrabolic immediately post. After ~30mins I finally get to have a solid meal as I am finally home

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late to the party, but sub'd!

Sounds like this might go alongside MyoSynergy quite well since it seems to increase the soreness from DOMS, which I jokingly coined ROMS because they were far more rapid than normal (all of which is amplified even more if stacking X-Factor/ArA along with it).

Great log so far.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Late to the party, but sub'd!

Sounds like this might go alongside MyoSynergy quite well since it seems to increase the soreness from DOMS, which I jokingly coined ROMS because they were far more rapid than normal (all of which is amplified even more if stacking X-Factor/ArA along with it).

Great log so far.
no joke, after doing 5x5 fronts and 5x5 pause backs I felt them immedietly. Once my school check comes in and myosynergy gets in stock again I want to buy and log the combo. All that HICA mane

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is the timing for dosing Strafe very critical??

On weekdays I workout in the evening and I have a post-wo shake followed by a meal (50-60g protein combined). About an hour or so later I'm in bed. I could Strafe after the meal, but by that time if I drink anymore it will likely an extra trip to the bathroom in the middle of night. I don't really get that much sleep in the base so want to avoid more sleep disturbances.

Is it a big deal if I mix Strafe with my post workout shake (about 2-2.5hrs before bed)?

QuadsofSteel - have you tried dosing it that early?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
QuadsofSteel - have you tried dosing it that early?
I have not. So after repeating my chest workout that left me pretty sore for a couple days I decided to take some strafe and this morning I woke up with no soreness. Also drank it with carbs during the night (1/2c oatmeal) and 55g protein(yogurt+whey). Absolutely no soreness anywhere today.
Gonna do some cardio and core then stretching today.

As I mentioned before I am not taking this every day just now and again when I feel exhausted and like I'll be sore the next day so log may have irregular postins

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Will probably take my next scoop tomorrow, really want to push myself. Also the label just got posted!

as you can see, 5g of bcaa's (2:1:1), 1g HICA, 1g TMG, 1g KIC is amazing, as well as 2.5g Ca-HMB

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will probably take my next scoop tomorrow, really want to push myself. Also the label just got posted!

as you can see, 5g of bcaa's (2:1:1), 1g HICA, 1g TMG, 1g KIC is amazing
You forgot 2.5g Ca-HMB

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
took a scoop yesterday, definitely helping relieve doms. Hitting everything with a bulgarian split so my whole body is shot at the end of the day but when I wake up I feel a lot better. Taking a couple days off recovery is amazing

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
So i am squatting every day and taking strafe at night. What are DOMS? lol. No soreness, all I feel is a bit of fatigue in the muscle but it feels really fresh. Homerun with this product!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
DOMS? Sorry the number you are looking for has not been found. Recovery is top notch with strafe. Really amazing

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^ this. I find it Strafe helps reduce DOMS after one dose (maybe 80%) when used sporadically. If used on consecutive days, after the 2nd dose and thereafter .... Gonzo!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
^^^ this. I find it Strafe helps reduce DOMS after one dose (maybe 80%) when used sporadically. If used on consecutive days, after the 2nd dose and thereafter .... Gonzo!
yeah when i used it 4days in a row everything was amazing. Right now I just use it intermittently and not in a row but when I don't it's on a new level. Curious as to the pricing of the twin pack 44serv

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah when i used it 4days in a row everything was amazing. Right now I just use it intermittently and not in a row but when I don't it's on a new level. Curious as to the pricing of the twin pack 44serv
Yeah, impatiently waiting for the release. I feel like Elaine from Seinfeld right now from the "sponge" episode.
Is this workout "Strafe" worthy?

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, impatiently waiting for the release. I feel like Elaine from Seinfeld right now from the "sponge" episode.
Is this workout "Strafe" worthy?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
About to finish up my tub only 1 or 2 servings left but the results are consistently the same: recovery has improved substantially. Not just a little bit like with aminos but substantially to the point where you can actually notice it. This has been the best thing I've ever used for recovery hands down

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Need to add me some strafe to this stack... And maybe some cardiotryx ;) The new slintensity is amazing so far. Keep those new products coming

image-1964768753.jpg