**Starting 2015 With Ostar1ne and PSMF**

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Alright guys I just finished up my log for Olympus Labs TD version of EP1C so I'm finally jumping on to my Ostar1ne run. This is not sponsored by Olympus so all feedback is guaranteed to be 100% unbiased and with no BS attached.

Stats
Age-26
Weight-236
Ht-6'2
BF%-18

My cycle is broken down to the following...

Supplements
Olympus Labs Ostar1ne- 20mg/ed for 8 weeks
LGI Fully Loaded w/10g Dextrose on lifting days
Scivation BCAA w/ 25g Dextrose intraworkout on lifting days
Scivation BCAA on cardio days
Vita Jym
D3 4,000UI
Fish Oil 6g
ZMA

My diet is where the Ostar1ne will really come into play because I'm running PSMF by Lyle Mcdonald. For those that aren't familiar Ostarine it is a SARM that is particularly great in preventing muscle wasting but also can aid in building muscle based on the nutrition you supply your body. PSMF in a nut shell is a diet consisting of primarily protein with most carbs coming from vegetables alone and some fast digesting carbs around lifting sessions. Fat intake is based on meat consumed and my one serving of dairy a day. Carbs are consumed once a week with a 5 hour carb window and you get one "free meal" on a separate day. Both my carb window and free meal will come before my lifting days. I may get grilled because of such a low calorie intake but Lyle knows his nutrition and I've ran UD 2.0 and his CKD with much success. I've lost 195lbs naturally through correct nutrition alone with trial and error so I don't need anyone trying to tell me what they believe is right or wrong. But I do welcome constructive criticism. I will attempt to run this the next 8 weeks, things may change but as of the moment this is what I'll be sticking to.

Nutriton breakdown
Protein-225g
Carbs-30g
Fat-30g
Total Calories-1290

The amount for fat and carbs will change depending on if I'm lifting weights that day or just doing 30 minutes of low impact cardio. Protein will always remain constant to hit at least 225 grams a day. All protein sources will be whey powder, egg whites, chicken breast, deer jerky, and non-fat cottage cheese. When I have my 5 hour carb up window I will be consuming between 250-300g of carbs. These will be on Thursday evenings being my second full body workout will be on Friday am. My free meal will be on Sunday night and my other full body workout on Monday am.

Training

All workouts are full body to help retain muscle mass on such a severe caloric deficit and only done twice a week..

Workout A
Bench 4x8
BB Row 3x8
DB Shoulder Press 3x8
Leg Press 3x8
Lying Hamstring Curl 3x8
Standing Calf Raise 3x8
Hammer Curl 3x8
Tricep Pressdown3x8

Workout B
Incline Bench 4x8
Wide Lat Pulldown 3x8
DB Lat Raise 3x8
Squat 3x8
Glute-Ham Raise 3x8
Seated Calf 3x8
BB Curl 3x8
Close-Grip Bench 3x8

Core workouts will be done on cardio days which will be Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday and Saturday..

Note-My weight is up quite a bit from pre-christmas so take whatever weight loss I have week 1 with a grain of salt as a lot will be water weight and glycogen..

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First!!! I loved Ostar1ne. This will treat you right.

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
12/29/14- Workout A
Bench 4x8 245
BB Row 3x8 165
DB Shoulder Press 3x8 60
Leg Press 3x8 500
Lying Hamstring Curl 3x8 100
Standing Calf Raise 3x8 255
Hammer Curl 3x8 40
Tricep Pressdown 3x8 110

This was just day one so nothing to report from Ostar1ne of the diet aspect of this log. I did not take in the pre/intraworkout carbs being I'm not depleted on day one.

First day macros..
Protein-231g
Carbs-39g
Fat-23g
Total Calories-1,352

Not too worried about the carbs being a little high then I would like being they're mainly from vegetables. We'll see what day 2 brings and how much caffeine I'll have to pop to get by!

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
First!!! I loved Ostar1ne. This will treat you right.
Excited to run it with this diet that's for sure! First go around with a SARM as well but done my research on them..

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Ostarine was amazing for me in a deficit, interested to see how it works with psmf

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I finished my Osta/Ep1c cycle in the best shape of my life. Did GVT for 7 weeks on a slight calorie deficit...golden.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
How long are you doing the psmf? From what I remember reading in his book 8 weeks seems a little long

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
How long are you doing the psmf? From what I remember reading in his book 8 weeks seems a little long
I'm in category 2 so its recommend to run it 2-6 weeks until taking a break from it. I'm going to evaluate how I feel at that 6 week mark and worse case scenario I'll transfer into his CKD protocol or perhaps his UD 2.0 but that may be a reach.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I'm in category 2 so its recommend to run it 2-6 weeks until taking a break from it. I'm going to evaluate how I feel at that 6 week mark and worse case scenario I'll transfer into his CKD protocol or perhaps his UD 2.0 but that may be a reach.
man psmf takes some will power, if you get to 6 weeks and decide to continue I'll be amazed man

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
man psmf takes some will power, if you get to 6 weeks and decide to continue I'll be amazed man
Me and you both brother... I'll be ready for that break I'm sure. I'm going by how I feel, but I will make it to 6 weeks. I'm determined for that..

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Just read a little about PSMF and looks hardcore.
Definitely not going to be a walk in the park that's for sure. With Lyle you have to follow his stuff spot on..

Dosed my Ostar1ne this am and downed some egg whites and fish oil. Headed to do 30 minutes of low intensity cardio now and will update nutrition later on today..

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Definitely not going to be a walk in the park that's for sure. With Lyle you have to follow his stuff spot on.. Dosed my Ostar1ne this am and downed some egg whites and fish oil. Headed to do 30 minutes of low intensity cardio now and will update nutrition later on today..
The fact that it's not easy is what makes it all worthwhile!!

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Cardio this morning went okay. Did a quick 30 minutes on the elliptical and switch to core movements, those were a struggle. I got through them none the less. Weighed in this morning 3lbs less but I know it's water weight. Around 2pm today noticed a big drop in energy but coffee and caffeine pills helped pick that up. It's only going to get worse tomorrow but I'm prepared for it.

Macro's
Protein-229g
Carbs-35g
Fat-28g
Total Calories-1,345

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Keep grinding it will take a little time to get use to those low carbs

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Still adjusting to the low carb and getting the headaches associated with it. No workout or weigh in these next two days since my work/gym schedule is all jacked up from the holiday. Anyone have advice for if i should do my refeed before or after my second lifting day? I know in UD 2.0 Lyle uses both approaches with a depletion workout then carb up, and then a power workout following a couple days after. But in his CKD approach he uses a depletion workout and then a carb refeed. Weighing both options currently and any feed back is welcomed..

Macro's
Protein-234g
Carbs-34g
Fat-29g
Total Calories- 1,399

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
The low/no carb headaches are gruelling!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Definitely worse then I remember with my CKD diet. Usually some caffeine and high water intake helps out a lot..
Unfortunately im on a small stim break as well

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
01/01/15
No gym/weigh in today being it's closed for the holiday. First carb up today with a 5 hour window like Lyle outlines. Loved getting more then 1,300 calories in for the first time in 3 days. Lifting session will come in the am so I'll be good to go to push some weight around. Kept carbs at an 80/20 concept with a little lean way to cheat a bit but nothing outrages. Went over 50g of fat so I'll put that in check before my next carb up a week from now.

Macro's
Protein-225g
Carbs-270g
Fat-65g
Calorie Total-2565

01/02/15
Took in 10g of dextrose with my preworkout and another 25g intraworkout with my BCAA'S to aid getting through the workout

Incline Bench 4x8 225x2,245x2
Wide Lat Pulldown 3x8 140x2,150
DB Lat Raise 3x8 25
Squat 3x8 225
Glute-Ham Raise 3x8 95
Seated Calf 3x8 185
BB Curl 3x8 85
Close-Grip Bench 3x8 205

Weighed in today at 230, that's -6 from Monday and with my carb refeed yesterday. Going to stop tracking everyday and just do them on Thursday mornings before my scheduled refeeds from now so I don't get too obsessed. Workout today went great and I'm pleased with my strength/endurance after last nights refeed. Certainly feeling like the Ostar1ne is doing it's job at the point. Excited to see what it brings in the next week since that's when you really start to feel it.Pump was there and intense as well, nothing like with TD EP1C though. Back to the low calorie of PSMF.

My next scheduled free meal is Sunday night and refeed is next Thursday so here's to the hell until then fella's! Not really hell lol, I'm adjusting day by day the extreme deficit and it's certainly easier today then it was Wednesday..

Macro's
Protein-229g
Carbs-22g
Fat-29g
Total Calories-1,314

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Give Ostar1ne some time you will feel it good after week 2 ;)

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Checking in, fashionably late! Enjoy your logging style brother.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late to the party....but subbed.

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
01/05/15- Workout A
Bench 4x8 245
BB Row 3x8 165x2,155x1
DB Shoulder Press 3x8 65x2,60x1
Leg Press 3x8 550
Lying Hamstring Curl 3x8 100x2, 110x1
Hammer Curl 3x8 35x2, 40 x1
Tricep Pressdown 3x8 110,120,130

Had my free meal Sunday night and didn't track macro's of it. Not going to sugar coat it, I felt like sh!t during my workout today. No pump at all, even with the carbs intraworkout. The calorie deficit is certainly catching up to me and I'm already looking forward to my refeed on Thursday night. Nothing to really note from Ostar1ne yet but my strength is still there, just not the energy which is expected. As long as it's doing its job of preserving my LBM then I'll be happy..so far so good. One thing to note is my appetite has been pretty low on this run. I thought I would be starving and hungry with the addition of Ostar1ne but it's been the opposite and my appetite has been suppressed more then anything. Not sure if that's due to Ostar1ne, the diet..or a combination of both perhaps.

Macro's
Protein-220g
Carbs-27g
Fat-30g
Total Calories-1,258

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never experienced the "osta munchies" that so many others speak of either. That's probably why I had such a successful cut on it.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I never experienced the "osta munchies" that so many others speak of either. That's probably why I had such a successful cut on it.

This^^^ my appetite was not effected

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Cardio has been going good the past two days and I've certainly gotten use to the extreme calorie deficit I'm in. Excited for my weigh in tomorrow, clothes are loose and I can seriously feel the weight dropping so I'm expecting big things when I see that number in the morning. Just for the fun of it I checked ketone levels this AM and sure enough even with the low fat intake they were there so I know I'm doing things right.

I've been expecting to feel completely depleted and flat with the lack of calories/carbs, but I haven't. Don't get me wrong in no way do I feel as pumped/full when I'm taking in adequate carbs/calories but I'm pleasantly surprised with how the Ostar1ne is helping out in this department. Cardio tomorrow am, weigh in, and then my refeed will begin at 3pm and conclude at 8pm. Then a full body workout Friday morning with the usual gatorade/BCAA combo intraworkout.

Macro's for today
Protein-224g
Carbs-18g
Fat-32g
Total Calories-1,256

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right on man, excited for the update. How much weight are you looking to lose? You don't appear to be carrying that much extra.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Cardio has been going good the past two days and I've certainly gotten use to the extreme calorie deficit I'm in. Excited for my weigh in tomorrow, clothes are loose and I can seriously feel the weight dropping so I'm expecting big things when I see that number in the morning. Just for the fun of it I checked ketone levels this AM and sure enough even with the low fat intake they were there so I know I'm doing things right.

I've been expecting to feel completely depleted and flat with the lack of calories/carbs, but I haven't. Don't get me wrong in no way do I feel as pumped/full when I'm taking in adequate carbs/calories but I'm pleasantly surprised with how the Ostar1ne is helping out in this department. Cardio tomorrow am, weigh in, and then my refeed will begin at 3pm and conclude at 8pm. Then a full body workout Friday morning with the usual gatorade/BCAA combo intraworkout.

Macro's for today
Protein-224g
Carbs-18g
Fat-32g
Total Calories-1,256
this is where Ostar1ne shines my friend... Glad your enjoying it so for!

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Right on man, excited for the update. How much weight are you looking to lose? You don't appear to be carrying that much extra.
Coming from weighing 425lbs a couple years ago my weight I'm aiming for is 200 so i'm 30 off from my last weight check a week ago. Mentally numbers on the scale still mess with me there's no denying that Issue. Another issue is with the weight I lost I have a lot of loose skin but I'm realistic and know there's still fat to lose as well. My body also holds onto glycogen ridiculously easy. Last year when I was running M-Sten it was nothing for me to notice a 8-10lb difference daily depending upon carb consumption.

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
01/08/15

Cardio went awesome this morning with some core strengthening work and pick up basketball. 13 degrees here this morning in VA so no part of me wanted to get up and go to the gym at 6am but it happened. Been helping a morbidly obese friend of mine start his journey so the intensity for the core workout wasn't where I wanted it to be since I was helping him as well. But the best way to lift yourself most of the time is to help uplift others. Enough with the motivation bs and on to the first official weigh in!

Weigh In: 222 lbs
-14lbs in 10 days

This diet flat out works. Yes, it's an extreme crash diet. It isn't meant to be continued for a long period, 2-6 weeks is recommended for most. And yes I understand majority of it is water weight but I know there is fat loss as well. And because of Ostar1ne I know minimum muscle loss has occurred here, which is the main goal of any fat loss protocol.

My refeed is tonight and with all the food I have layed out I'll be hitting 277g of carbs, 230g protein and 46g fat. And yes I seriously have it all layed out in my fridge starting with 2 cups of overnight oats soaked in natty pb and bananas all day, can't wait! Lifting sessions B will happen first thing in the morning so that'll be updated tomorrow along with a post refeed weigh in just to see the difference.

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
01/09/15-Workout B
Took in 10g of dextrose with my preworkout and another 25g intraworkout with my BCAA'S to aid getting through the workout.

Incline Bench 4x8 225x2,245x1,255X1
Wide Lat Pulldown 3x8 140,150, 160
DB Lat Raise 3x8 25x2, 30x1
Squat 3x8 225
Glute-Ham Raise 3x8 95
Seated Calf 3x8 185
BB Curl 3x8 85x2,95x1
Close-Grip Bench 3x8 205x2,225x1

No significant weight gain to note from my carb refeed, I don't feel like .4lbs is worth noting..

Pump was awesome today, carbs the day before are helping out tremendously. Numbers are staying the same and even improving. Noticing a a diference in endurance when I'm lifting as well. No DOMS to report like I had with my TD EP1C log. Feel like I'm getting a "hardening" effect especially in my delts/traps which has to do with Ostar1ne and the weight loss as well. Doing some boxing cardio tomorrow to get something different into the routine.

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
01/12/15- Workout A
Bench 4x8 245x2,255x2
BB Row 3x8 155,165,170
DB Shoulder Press 3x8 65x2,70x1
Leg Press 3x8 550,650x2
Lying Hamstring Curl 3x8 100x2, 110x1
Hammer Curl 3x8 35x2, 40 x1
Tricep Pressdown 3x8 110,120,130

Had my free meal last night which consisted of some good ole Americanized general tso chicken and fried rice. Helped fuel today's workout in a big way. Pump, vascularity, intensity, focus was all there in full command. Got a kick out of my new preworkout from Nutrix as well so that was nice. Didn't feel weak like the week prior so thank you Olympus for helping me along with that as I can feel the Ostar1ne really kicking in. Strength increasing and the volume so much easier to handle. I can only imagine what this stuff will do at or over maintenance calories. If I get under 210 in these next couple weeks I may have to start introducing more calories and carbs to test this out.

I know Lyle says not to do high impact cardio when utilizing his PSMF approach but I think the next 3 days of cardio I'm going to switch from my usual elliptical and add some running into the mix. No balls to the wall I'm running from zombies and **** just moderate jogging to see how my body handles it. Will update with a weigh in Thursday morning.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
glad Ostar1ne is kicking in I told you give it sometime... you won't want to come off..

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Subbed. I just started a PSMF myself on Sunday. 3 days in and I felt it during my back workout, but mostly I was moving slower and couldn't quite get the intensity I normally do. I am a much higher bodyfat %, so I'm looking to drop quite a bit, but we'll see how it goes.

Honestly, everyone says this is torture, but I'm not noticing all that much hunger. I'm eating about 800-900 calories/day. Egg whites, chicken, broccoli and spinach. Supplementing with EFA's, 2 multivitamins/day, Vitamin C (I just always use this). Post workout I take 40 grams whey isolate in water (just what I have on hand - VPX SRO) and I will be taking Amino IV and a small amount of carbs pre- and intra-workout once things get shipped to me.

I have a feeling in a week or so, I'm going to feel the hunger and wish I never said it wasn't so bad.

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Subbed. I just started a PSMF myself on Sunday. 3 days in and I felt it during my back workout, but mostly I was moving slower and couldn't quite get the intensity I normally do. I am a much higher bodyfat %, so I'm looking to drop quite a bit, but we'll see how it goes.

Honestly, everyone says this is torture, but I'm not noticing all that much hunger. I'm eating about 800-900 calories/day. Egg whites, chicken, broccoli and spinach. Supplementing with EFA's, 2 multivitamins/day, Vitamin C (I just always use this). Post workout I take 40 grams whey isolate in water (just what I have on hand - VPX SRO) and I will be taking Amino IV and a small amount of carbs pre- and intra-workout once things get shipped to me.

I have a feeling in a week or so, I'm going to feel the hunger and wish I never said it wasn't so bad.
Thanks for joining man.

The hunger and energy level drop was rough at first but things are going smooth currently and not all that bad. My free meal and refeed the day before my full body workouts is helping a lot. And of course Ostar1ne has to have some attribute to helping things go smooth this far also.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to hear that. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. I haven't had a cheat meal yet, and I plan on going at least a week without one. More for the mentality of it. I want to be "in it" before I start taking breaks.

I did walk through the cooked food section of the grocery store last night with my girlfriend. The smell did hit me pretty hard. But nothing has been too bad. If it stays like this for a while, I'm just going to roll with it until I hit my goal or I start to stall.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear that. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. I haven't had a cheat meal yet, and I plan on going at least a week without one. More for the mentality of it. I want to be "in it" before I start taking breaks. I did walk through the cooked food section of the grocery store last night with my girlfriend. The smell did hit me pretty hard. But nothing has been too bad. If it stays like this for a while, I'm just going to roll with it until I hit my goal or I start to stall.
have you ever read lyles rapid fatloss? Or are you going off of something else for your psmf

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am doing RFL. Read the book. Spent about 30-45 days researching it before jumping in. It suits me well I think, because my mentality is such that I would rather suffer and get results and then be done with it than do something slow and steady. I've been slow and steady for about 2 years and lost 50 pounds, but I've been around the same weight for over 8 months. This will hopefully get me back on track and make up for some lost time.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I am doing RFL. Read the book. Spent about 30-45 days researching it before jumping in. It suits me well I think, because my mentality is such that I would rather suffer and get results and then be done with it than do something slow and steady. I've been slow and steady for about 2 years and lost 50 pounds, but I've been around the same weight for over 8 months. This will hopefully get me back on track and make up for some lost time.
that's what I like about psmf, get in, get out,be done

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Some real strong bench presses man, I used osta on my last cut and actually added 2-3 lbs lean body mass... I was no where near your deficit but you should be able to retain the muscle you've got

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Some real strong bench presses man, I used osta on my last cut and actually added 2-3 lbs lean body mass... I was no where near your deficit but you should be able to retain the muscle you've got
eh no where near I want to be but thanks man. With the deficit I'm in I'm surprised my volume load seems to be increasing and that's 100% due to Ostar1ne. Wish I was able to get a dexa scan or hydrostatic weighing to properly read LBM before and after this run just to compare. Either way I know I'm at the very least maintaining my LBM.