kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Magnitropin
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/myokem/magnitropin-144-capsules.html

Elimistane
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/bulk-performance-solutions/elimistane-30-capsules.html

I said I would run a non sponsored log for Myokem so here it is. I am just adding in Elimistane since I love the main ingredient.

Running Mag 3/2 everyday unless Myokem reps think going 3/3 with one day off is better. Taking Elimistane first thing in the morning.

Month 1: Goal: Do not eat after 8pm and average 1.5 miles a day on the elliptical. Instead of making big changes to my diet, make one small change at a time. I always fail when I try to do it all at once.

Month 2: increase average elliptical to least 2 miles. Break my bench 225 reps PR and PR in deadlift. I believe 225x17 is my PR in bench and hit 16 last week. Deadlift is 435x1. We shall see if I can do this.

I am actually on day 6 right now. Have before measurements and pictures. Those might be shared. Trying slow recomp. I believe I have enough fat around midsection and fat to burn off and keep strength before I need to do an all out cut.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Notable notes so far.

Sunday
Hit 250x10 on bench. Had 2 more in me but no spotter and your suppose to leave some in the tank. Waited 5 minutes and was going to try 275. Lifted it and said F it.

Monday
On shoulder press, I hit 175x3 pretty easy.

Tuesday (today) day 6
On Squat I hit 295x3 easy which is the most I have done since March of 2014 when I started having lower back spasms. I saw from another log that I read today to put your pinky under the bar and that relieves shoulder tension. Man that sure worked! Squat has not improved much for the past 3-4 years.

I don't have set days to lift. If my back feels good, I squat or deadlift. At times, I will take a week off from those If I need to and that hurts the progress. Not ready to give up powerlifting yet.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did cardio Sunday and Monday but did not do it today. Legs were fried. Here was my workout for the today.
Squat 5/3/1
Bulgarian Split Squat 5x5
Front squats w/DB 3x8
Hack squats 5x5
Leg extensions 3x10

First day I may have felt something. More endurance I think. I recovered well and wanted to keep going but my left knee started bothering so I stretched and called it quits. Didn't get in my lunges.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sub uh dub dub

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
subbed!

i recommend going with the label.. 6 days on, 1 off. that's how i ran it and had awesome awesome results. just didn't take it on a rest day

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
subbed! i recommend going with the label.. 6 days on, 1 off. that's how i ran it and had awesome awesome results. just didn't take it on a rest day
Ok I will switch to that

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Within the last 1/2 hour I got a massive headache. Happened on day 2 as well. I did not drink enough water today and I know that this is the cause. I have had similar things happen with other arimistane products but not to this affect. Would epi do this as well?

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Nah I'd say its arimistane since it can reduce water retention as well

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Yeah dehydration takes a bit to get back from. Arimistane makes me pee like a race horse

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not very sore today. Figured I would be. Might get in the weight room today but might only do cardio. I work out at my wife's school that she teaches at. We also live in that town. I teach at a school and drive 68-81 miles one way. It sucks. So I usually have around 12 hour days 5 days a week. Anyways, my weight room won't be available till 8:30 PM tonight so it may be only cardio

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My gluteus was pretty sore when I foamed roll pre workout.

Deadlift 5/3/1 - felt great for 300x5. Easy. 380x1 seemed heavier than hell too. Wanted to go for a new PR but back was pretty tight as well as knee pain
Bench 5x5 @75% Max 1 minute rest
Shoulder Press 5x5 @75% 1 minute rest
BB rows 5x10 light weight...focusing on tight upper back
Rope press downs SS BB Curl SS w/ Lat raises 15 reps for 5 sets w one minute rests after each circuit

Mmmmm, knees hurt because of Elimistane? Honestly haven't ever had much joint discomfort with arimistane. Could be a sign it's more powerful.

Felt good upper body. Recovered quick.

Next two days are off for family Christmas. Hoping to get Bodyweight circuits in.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yesterday and today off. No time to workout yesterday and today was my family's Christmas. Tomorrow, go buy new furniture, and hopefully get back home with enough time to workout.

Knees are still creeky and hunger has increased, well not so much increase but I can eat more without feeling full. Not a good thing around the holidays!!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was hoping to makeup home today but it's suppose to snow tonight and we are in the city (3 hours from home) to buy some furniture for a house we just purchase. Looks like we are staying with family. Either will do BW workout tonight or if I can find some place cheap to workout I will do that. Not going to pay $10+ bucks to workout. I am a cheap ass like that

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got home from Omaha at 9:30 PM. Took High Volume then unloaded new furniture and went to lift at 10pm. 30 minutes of foam rolling and warming up, finally got to lift.

Decided to skip deload week. Don't plan on deloading until after this stack run.

Cycle ? Week 1
Hang Clean - 5x5..use this more for explosive light warmup.
Squat - 295x3 for my final set of 3. Felt pretty light but I was doing something weird. I was wobbly. It seemed heavier last week but it did jot go up as tight. Will post video for tips.

Got out at 10:45pmish. Called it good. Tired from shopping and driving. I have to get cavities filled in the morning early. So assuming I won't be able to lift after, I am gonna go workout before the appointment at 7am.

Knees were still achy but felt better. Warmed up a lot and I think that helped. No fish oil all weekend. Forgot them :(

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Maybe try some extra cissus? Pretty cheap and effective. I got an extra bottle if you want it

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe try some extra cissus? Pretty cheap and effective. I got an extra bottle if you want it
Good call. Rookie mistake on my part! I have some from Nutraplanet. Just don't want to ruin my Snickerdoodle dessert!! Haha

On another note, can't believe I pulled myself out of bed to go workout this morning. Not a morning person especially since I am on Christmas break until the 5th!

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
yeah the bulk powder tastes like ass haha

caps for me, but when i used the powder, i would just mix it with like 2 oz of water, take a shot and chase it with diet snapple lol it was terrible

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I need to learn how to cap. Sure it's not hard.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workouts not done but got a bench PR...sort of...did 245x13 which tells me I have a max of 352.1 lbs...previous was 225x16 which is a 345 Max and 240x12 which supposedly gave me Max of 336. Nice way to measure I guess. No way in hell I can get 352lbs...lol unless it's all mental.

Never found the reps to be very accurate when you get that high...but 3-5 rep maxes are close to 1 rep max..

On a note, when I got to 10 I was like dam, my arms are not tired...lol...Magnitropin must be kicking in!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need to learn how to cap. Sure it's not hard.
Amazon has a cheap capping device. I'd just buy the biggest caps (000 I think) and fill as much powder in them as possible

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Who doesn't hate the dentist! All numbed up now!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So in review of today

Bench PR 245x13
Bench w/ring finger on the ring 5x5..may go back to wider grip in future..currently just put my thumbs where the rough starts
Incline DB 10, 10, 8
Machine Fly ss w/ tricep rope Pressdowns 3x10-15

Right as I was finishing up, I was singing a country song as the girls high school BB team came into the weight room..little embarrassing haha

Had to go home, shower and eat before I went to dentist..looking to get a workout in tomorrow

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah the bulk powder tastes like ass haha caps for me, but when i used the powder, i would just mix it with like 2 oz of water, take a shot and chase it with diet snapple lol it was terrible
Mixed it with Snickerdoodle and it was not too bad...just chugged instead of enjoying if.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
So in review of today

Bench PR 245x13
Bench w/ring finger on the ring 5x5..may go back to wider grip in future..currently just put my thumbs where the rough starts
Incline DB 10, 10, 8
Machine Fly ss w/ tricep rope Pressdowns 3x10-15

Right as I was finishing up, I was singing a country song as the girls high school BB team came into the weight room..little embarrassing haha

Had to go home, shower and eat before I went to dentist..looking to get a workout in tomorrow
245x13 jeeze brother that's awesome

i smell many PR's in your future :)

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks...hoping for 225x20 next month!

All done at dentist...pretty painless for the most part! Filled 2 cavities. Took a 7 year break from going to dentist so that's my punishment

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Workouts not done but got a bench PR...sort of...did 245x13 which tells me I have a max of 352.1 lbs...previous was 225x16 which is a 345 Max and 240x12 which supposedly gave me Max of 336. Nice way to measure I guess. No way in hell I can get 352lbs...lol unless it's all mental. Never found the reps to be very accurate when you get that high...but 3-5 rep maxes are close to 1 rep max.. On a note, when I got to 10 I was like dam, my arms are not tired...lol...Magnitropin must be kicking in!
Yea, multiple rep maxes greater than 6reps, it starts to get inaccurate.

Nice pressing though!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hunger is up a lot. Think I need to start EC or add an appetite suppressant.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bull****, I set it to unlisted lol....it's still saying it's private...I will keep working on it

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, yesterday and today I have wen obsessed with playing Zelda Twilight Princess on the Wii. I am determined to beat it this time!! Haha...so time ran out on me and next thing I know it's 4:30 with Christmas at 5:30. So I rush to the gym, hit Post Surgery PR on BB Shoulder Press at 170x6, did a bunch of other shoulder things and was outbid there by 5:15, showered, and at the Christmas party at 5:37! Dam! Haha.

But dam Magnitropin, I just never get full! Haha afraid of what the weigh in will be next week.

Thinking about giving another powerlifting program a try. What sucks about some of them is that they want you to squat and deadlift on same day and I just don't know if my back can hold up. If I do, I will start it in 2 weeks after the new year. Saw this in another log..sorry I can't remember who but they are also running Mag. Jonnie Candito's 6 week strength training. On that website they have many others to choose from as well.

Have a Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Going for a Deadlift PR on Christmas Day!!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wife told me I had to spend Christmas with family and not lift...so no lifting on Christmas.

Today Start of Week 3

Deadlift 3x3...370x3 felt good..went straight to 440 and failed. Grip mostly. Then did 315x3, 255x3 for 2 sets in overhand grip
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns 5x10
Narrow Grip Lat Pulldowns 3x10
DB Single Arm Bent Over Row 5x10
BB Bent Over Rows 5x10

Pretty good back workout for me. Just gotta keep pushing at it.

As you can tell, my cardio goal is failing hardcore..too many dam sweets and a lot traveling, but that's a lot people and gotta quit making excuses..

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Endurance was way up this workout. Recovered quick and wanted to keep going. Added 4 sets of curls too at the end just because.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Keep grinding brother.

Theres always room for curls too ;)

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Nice lifting session! And do what swol mentioned about the squatting technique! They are some awesome videos!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks fellas...I love Dave too! I watched some of them before but did not watch them all because I forgot since I don't have internet at home. Just a phone with few MB to share with the wife. So I tend not to watch videos. Will have to go watch them at the in laws!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A few things:

I'd look into heeled squat shoes, your ankle mobility isn't quite what you'd want at that stance with flat shoes which is causing your heels to lift at the bottom. Reebok, Adidas, Nike, and Rogue all have pairs that I know of off the top of my head.

You're hip flexors look like they might be a little too tight, stretching those might help you sit into the 'hole' better. Do you do any unilateral work (BSS, Lunges, etc.)

I squat thumbless BTW, I find it helps me pull the bar into my back better and just be tighter overall.

Try to focus on 'screwing your feet into the ground' or 'spreading the floor'. Whichever cue works best for you personally, it'll help keep your knees tracking outwards and make it easier to hit depth (the heeled shoes will also make depth easier I bet)

And on bracing the core: Breathing and Abdominal Bracing for Strength: http://youtu.be/VcY3YSW9vX4

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
12/28/2014
Legs
Week 2 5/5/5

Tried something different today and it did not work out in my favor
1. Standing DB Lunges 3x10 each leg
2. DB Goblet Squats 5x5
3. Squat 5x210, 3x240 and 270x1x2 sets
4. Standing single leg curls 3x10

Other lifts I skipped because of knee were split lunge and hack squats

As you can see, I did not get my squat reps. Almost fell straight back on my ass on rep 3 on my 2nd working set. Lunges really took it out of me early...usually I only do 5 reps each leg but today I did 10. My left knee is still bothering me but I blame that on not taking my fish oil or cissus. I did do 2 sets of singles for squat to practice form, breathing and some other cues

Going to squat again Thursday or Friday.