Mark's AlphaMax Log

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Starting my first cycle on AlphaMax.
This is an unsponsored log. Took 2 capsules before bed last night. Today's log won't be to great due to my wrestling with an aggravating migraine that came on yesterday. It came back last night and seemed to go away after some medicine. I did sleep a sound 5 hours once the headache subsided. This may be because of the AlphaMax. I don't normally sleep a sound 5 hours. Here's what I did get done, until migraine came back and I had to leave the gym: Max Bench: 250 Body weight: 173 Bench 135x12 185x10 Work set/db fly super 205x8/25x14 205x5/30x12 205x5/30x15 210x5/30x15 Incline bench/fly 135x12/30x12 155x6 I will post before pictures and measurements today sometime. I will log supplements and macros for each day as well. Any suggestions along the way are appreciated.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Starting body measurements: Calves- 14 1/4 Thighs - 22 Waist - 34 1/2 Chest - 42 1/2 Upper arm - 15 1/2 Lower arm - 12. All in inches

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Starting pictures (no laughing out loud please)
image-3830390923.jpg
image-2131618693.jpg
image-2316012829.jpg
image-1840376343.jpg
image-647434205.jpg
image-3456468111.jpg
image-3894199459.jpg
image-3670500553.jpg

image-1178726016.jpg

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in here

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, will definitly be following along!

Also your giving the HyperMax samples another go as well right!

Cant wait to see how they work for you!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Awesome, will definitly be following along! Also your giving the HyperMax samples another go as well right! Cant wait to see how they work for you!
I used 1 serving of Hypermax today. I felt it kick in within 15 minutes. I was feeling great. Had some good warm up sets on bench. Then as I hit my work set, after rep 6-8, my migraine from the day and night before came back and I could only stay another 20 minutes or so. I didn't log anything because I couldn't give a fair assessment of HyperMax. I am going to try again tomorrow

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
image-3527601388.jpg
Macros for today. Supplements: AlphaMax HyperMax Cremax Glutamine D3 multivitamin Fish oil Protein shake 4 ibuprofen cause of migraine

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you use for nutrition tracking?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
What do you use for nutrition tracking?
"Lose it" app for my iPhone. It is free and pretty accurate when I check it to the actual product. I am not trying to lose anything though

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Lose it" app for my iPhone. It is free and pretty accurate when I check it to the actual product. I am not trying to lose anything though
How does it compare to MyFitnessPal?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
How does it compare to MyFitnessPal?
Hmm... I'm not sure. All I know is it is super easy and simple to use. Check it out if you like

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm... I'm not sure. All I know is it is super easy and simple to use. Check it out if you like
I don't have an interest in it but I know that MFP is very popular and one of my favorite apps. I have no interest in pushing MFP, and I've never used that one you use, but I believe you'd really like it. Very user friendly.

I also love Jefit, another free one, for tracking training routines, logs, and PRs.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I don't have an interest in it but I know that MFP is very popular and one of my favorite apps. I have no interest in pushing MFP, and I've never used that one you use, but I believe you'd really like it. Very user friendly. I also love Jefit, another free one, for tracking training routines, logs, and PRs.
Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Migraine still messing me up. So no gym today. If I can get a handle on it, I will try and hit some weights I have in my basement. Pretty disappointed because I am ready to grow. I did sleep 6 hours straight and that's unusual for me. It could be the AlphaMax.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Migraine still messing me up. So no gym today. If I can get a handle on it, I will try and hit some weights I have in my basement. Pretty disappointed because I am ready to grow. I did sleep 6 hours straight and that's unusual for me. It could be the AlphaMax.
Sucks about migraine, but better to prob just rest up.

As far as deeper, sounder, sleep, that is usually the first thing that kicks in for Alphamax. Love that ZMA and Ldopa combo. Wait till the dreams get vivid lol.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Agree with cubs, rest up brother. I used to deal with migraines frequently (fractured my skull in a car accident) and they're not fun at all.

If you're still going to work, idk how you do it lol I wanted to crawl into a ball and cry lol

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Feeling better. So here is day 2:

45 minutes on treadmill (8 incline, 3 speed)

Standing barbell curl/seat dumbbell curl (superset)
45x15/20x15
65x15/20x15
85x15/20x15

Dumbbell preacher curl/seated barbell curl (superset)
40x10/55x15. (3 sets)

Tricep cable press down
40x20
50x20
60x20

Felt like my biceps and triceps we're going to explode through my skin. Felt stronger as each set progressed. Good focus and increased drive to get that tough rep in. I'm still not feeling 100%, so I think my bicep workout was okay.

Supplements:
AlphaMax
Cremax
Glutamine
D3 multivitamin
Fish oil
Phase 8 protein (until I run out)

Macro report in the morning:)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you're feeling better Mark. Strong arm day!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Question: I am planning on running AlphaMax for 8 weeks. I also have Magnitropin and am eager to get into that. Could I run AlphaMax for 5 weeks and then add Magnitropin into the mix for the last 3? Then drop the AlphaMax after 8 weeks and continue the Magnitropin for the recommended time. Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Any thoughts? I don't know how these work together and I will soon know how AlphaMax works by itself. Thanks

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Another Lose It Guy in on this!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question: I am planning on running AlphaMax for 8 weeks. I also have Magnitropin and am eager to get into that. Could I run AlphaMax for 5 weeks and then add Magnitropin into the mix for the last 3? Then drop the AlphaMax after 8 weeks and continue the Magnitropin for the recommended time. Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Any thoughts? I don't know how these work together and I will soon know how AlphaMax works by itself. Thanks
Is this a sponsored log? For example, were you picked to log Alphamax? If so, I would run it 8 weeks solo. If nor, and you want to get a general idea of how t affects you, I would run Alphamax 4 weeks and then introduce the new supp, so they will be stacked for weeks 4-8,

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
It's not sponsored. I was recommended to AlphaMax and offered to log my use of it. I have no perimeters and can do what I want. I do want to use AlphaMax for at least 5 weeks by itself, so I can best understand how it works with my body. I also want to make the most gains possible in the next 8 to 10 weeks. So, there are a couple goals for me: understanding how AlphaMax works with my body for future reference and gaining as much size and strength as possible in the next 8-10 weeks

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Is this a sponsored log? For example, were you picked to log Alphamax? If so, I would run it 8 weeks solo. If nor, and you want to get a general idea of how t affects you, I would run Alphamax 4 weeks and then introduce the new supp, so they will be stacked for weeks 4-8,
Thanks for your advice. Are there any others that think this is a good idea? How should I stack these after 5th week? Example: I take AlphaMax around noon - 1pm and before bed each day. When would I take the Magnitropin?

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
i'd recommend staggering and bridging them, maybe like this:

weeks 1-8 Alphamax
weeks 7-14 Magnitropin

you'll get a two week overlap to see how you like them synergistically, but also get plenty of time to judge them by themselves.

or you can just go back to back, and have 16 weeks of fun lol

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Thanks for your advice. Are there any others that think this is a good idea? How should I stack these after 5th week? Example: I take AlphaMax around noon - 1pm and before bed each day. When would I take the Magnitropin?
if taking them both, i'd take Alphamax first thing in the Am and before bed. Magnitropin with your two biggest meals spaced apart. for me, it was my pre workout meal around 10 AM and my post workout meal at 2-2:30ish

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if taking them both, i'd take Alphamax first thing in the Am and before bed. Magnitropin with your two biggest meals spaced apart. for me, it was my pre workout meal around 10 AM and my post workout meal at 2-2:30ish
This ^^^^

And like you and Ant said introduce Magnitropin around 4th, 5th week.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha! I am trying MFP, but Lose It seems less complicated
It becomes simpler as you use it more. What I like about it is that it's so popular that almost every product is already in there.

What's your MFP username?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
It becomes simpler as you use it more. What I like about it is that it's so popular that almost every product is already in there. What's your MFP username?
mark_k3499

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
image-2906789227.jpg
This was 12-9-14 macros Calories are not what I need at the moment. I am still working on the calorie increase. Goal is 3,000. Supplements are the same for now. I won't keep posting them in the future unless there is a change. AlphaMax, Cremax, D3 multivitamin, fish oil, Glutamine No workout to today. Woke up to 12 inches of snow and didn't even try for the gym. Will plan to double up tomorrow with triceps and shoulders. Sleep was okay. Still have a slight headache and drank to much water before bed. I tried to mix chocolate peanutbutter protein powder in some oatmeal before bed. It didn't sit well :(

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
What are your targeted macros?
I only have my protein targeted at around 200 grams. My calories at around 3,000. It looks like MFP gives a suggested macro plan. I try to keep the carbs between 100-200grams and fats under 50 grams.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I only have my protein targeted at around 200 grams. My calories at around 3,000. It looks like MFP gives a suggested macro plan. I try to keep the carbs between 100-200grams and fats under 50 grams.
You def need more fat dude! Fats an essential macronutrient. Shoot for BW x.4

You need dietary fat for horomone production

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
You def need more fat dude! Fats an essential macronutrient. Shoot for BW x.4 You need dietary fat for horomone production
Thanks for the advice. Ok, so 171x.4= 68.4grams. Does that sound good? And what foods or whatever? Would it be better for me to drink whole milk instead of skim for now? Yes, I don't know much. But, I want to learn and be better

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the advice. What do you suggest? And what foods or whatever? Yes, I don't know much. But, I want to learn and be better
No worries man. I'd suggest googling this and reading this article:

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the advice. Ok, so 171x.4= 68.4grams. Does that sound good? And what foods or whatever? Would it be better for me to drink whole milk instead of skim for now? Yes, I don't know much. But, I want to learn and be better
Personally, I would have skim milk, and save my fats for fish oil, red meat, whole eggs, avacados, nuts and nut butters. If you cancut some fat somewhere to save room for fat from foods you really enjoy, I'd do that.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Yup I'd call it an even 70g

If its raw milk I don't see anything wrong with it. Most my fat comes from grass fed meat, salmon, fish oil, organic nut butter, avocado oil, coconut oil or red palm oil

I personally don't like milk but I like unsweetened almond milk

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Yup I'd call it an even 70g If its raw milk I don't see anything wrong with it. Most my fat comes from grass fed meat, salmon, fish oil, organic nut butter, avocado oil, coconut oil or red palm oil I personally don't like milk but I like unsweetened almond milk
Thanks. I need to look into some of those oils. I think I need to get a second job to fund my food

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Thanks. I need to look into some of those oils. I think I need to get a second job to fund my food
haha food is a big part of it, i just believe that the healthier you eat, the more optimal your body runs. but an occasional "treat" here and there is okay. hell i love poptarts after leg day lol

Extra virgin olive oil is pretty cheap and healthy too.

but to help with your diet, lets say your goal is 3,000 kcals, and you're getting 70g of fat

70*9 = 630 cals
200g Protein = 800 kcals

630+800 = 1,430

3,000 - 1,430 = 1570

so 1570/4 = ~ 393g of CHO

you don't have to put it all to carbs though, so say perhaps 352g of CHO, 225g of protein and 77g of Fat (got these from 1percentedge.com/ifcalc)

i'd recommend putting most of your carbs peri wo (pre, intra, post) to help fuel your workouts and take advantage of your insulin sensitivity post workout. and then some with dinner or breakfast too boss, perhaps in the form of fruits and veggies.

my carb sources i use personally are white rice, sweet potatoe or red potatoes, oatmeal, cream of wheat, ezekial bread, etc

that's my two cents though, hope it helps!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
haha food is a big part of it, i just believe that the healthier you eat, the more optimal your body runs. but an occasional "treat" here and there is okay. hell i love poptarts after leg day lol Extra virgin olive oil is pretty cheap and healthy too. but to help with your diet, lets say your goal is 3,000 kcals, and you're getting 70g of fat 70*9 = 630 cals 200g Protein = 800 kcals 630+800 = 1,430 3,000 - 1,430 = 1570 so 1570/4 = ~ 393g of CHO you don't have to put it all to carbs though, so say perhaps 352g of CHO, 225g of protein and 77g of Fat (got these from 1percentedge.com/ifcalc) i'd recommend putting most of your carbs peri wo (pre, intra, post) to help fuel your workouts and take advantage of your insulin sensitivity post workout. and then some with dinner or breakfast too boss, perhaps in the form of fruits and veggies. my carb sources i use personally are white rice, sweet potatoe or red potatoes, oatmeal, cream of wheat, ezekial bread, etc that's my two cents though, hope it helps!
It's hard to get all that food in when I workout at 6am. I try to eat something before I lift, but I can't eat to much because it's pretty much on the way to the gym that I eat. I do eat as soon as I'm done lifting and again about 2 hours later.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
i feel you. could always have some protein and gatorade, like a whey shake and some gatorade or whey shake and a blended banana and eat an apple or something

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
i feel you. could always have some protein and gatorade, like a whey shake and some gatorade or whey shake and a blended banana and eat an apple or something
I get up (got to start somewhere), have a pure protein bar and coffee on the way to the gym. Drink my preworkout before I leave the house. When I am finished lifting, I drink a whey protein shake and eat a banana. About 2 hours later I try and eat 4 eggs with 2 slices of cheese. 2 pieces of wheat toast with 2 tablespoons of peanutbutter and 10 ounces of skim milk. This is what I shoot for Ina good morning anyway

MARK_

MARK_

Awards