Montego gets FREAKY

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man it feels good to be back home :)

I will continue my log over here with a bit more love then it was getting in my previous log.

Training (who wants to see weights used?)
Meals
Supplementation

And all that good stuff.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Came back to repping finaflex huh? I take it you won't be openly talking about the steroid use anymore?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I met up with a buddy and was just gonna get a decent pump on a recovery day but it turned into a very productive session.

Db curls palms facing out ss incline band skull crusher
55x12-10x4
Green band x 20 x4

EZ curl bar curls
90x12x4 with strict form and hold on contraction (5 cheat reps after 12)

Drag curls ss rope pushdown
120x15-12x4
140x15-12x4

Dip machine
335(all it had)x25-23x4

Preacher curl machine, no rest ramped up whole time
50x20
70x15
90x10

Same as above with hammer grip

Db lateral raise no rest between exercises focused on stopping db at the bottom
30x10x4-with db horizontal
30x10x4 with db perpendicular

Seated military press, touching chest on each rep
135x20x4

Hammer strength front military press
180x20
270x12-10x2
Drop set 180x12

Done done.

turff49

turff49

Awards
In!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in!

I like seeing the weight numbers, but also understand that it's kinda irrelevant.

Definitely interested in your meals too Montego.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in!

I like seeing the weight numbers, but also understand that it's kinda irrelevant.

Definitely interested in your meals too Montego.
Right now this is my layout

Meal 1
10 egg whites
1.25 cup oats
1 cup mixed veggies

Meal 2
50 gram shake

Meal 3
8oz chicken
10oz potato or 1.25 cups rice
1 cup veggies

Meal 4
8oz chicken or 8oz 99/1 Turkey
8 oz potato or 1 cup rice

Meal 5
10 oz fish
6oz potato or 3/4 cup rice

Meal 6
8 oz fish or 11 egg whites.

Every third day I swap chicken in meal four for steak.

Post workout
50g isolate
50g hbcd or two fruit cups

No cheats for a while atm but I was cheating once a week with a conscious meal higher in protein then fat as the only guideline.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. Envious of the cals you get.

Are you doing your own nutrition this go or do you have a coach again?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. Envious of the cals you get.

Are you doing your own nutrition this go or do you have a coach again?
Well atm I'm coachless and this is my own layout for the time being. I recently upped carbs while lowering fats a tad since my previous layout was higher fat lower carb and I didn't like the way things were going. I've learned that unless I'm extremely low on carbs the higher fats lead to rapid fat gains on my waistline :)

I've toyed with the idea of a cab rotation for the purpose of increasing my insulin sensitivity but I'll probably save that for my mini cut and see how I respond, but right now with this setup I'm in a decent spot.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Well atm I'm coachless and this is my own layout for the time being. I recently upped carbs while lowering fats a tad since my previous layout was higher fat lower carb and I didn't like the way things were going. I've learned that unless I'm extremely low on carbs the higher fats lead to rapid fat gains on my waistline :) I've toyed with the idea of a cab rotation for the purpose of increasing my insulin sensitivity but I'll probably save that for my mini cut and see how I respond, but right now with this setup I'm in a decent spot.
You shopping around for coaches? Matts doing a super cheap Christmas special with boss body

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Just finished a log with Finaflex's G8 and aminos, actually still using them. Good stuff!!

I'll be following along too.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Just finished a log with Finaflex's G8 and aminos, actually still using them. Good stuff!! I'll be following along too.
g8 is my favorite OTC sleep aid.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
image-1090120548.jpg
I struggle with sleep. I got this free sample and will try it tonight. Has anyone ever tried this before or is there a better sleep aid recommended?

Attachments

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
View attachment 111002

I struggle with sleep. I got this free sample and will try it tonight. Has anyone ever tried this before or is there a better sleep aid recommended?
Oh, yes. I'll send you some G8 with the STIMUL8 I'm sending Monday.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just finished a log with Finaflex's G8 and aminos, actually still using them. Good stuff!!

I'll be following along too.
G8 is a staple for me most times.

Fasted p.m.cardio followed by G8 and BCAA/SAA was vital in my contest prep. Those final weeks where I couldn't sleep more then a few hours here and there, G8 made the most of my sleep I did get. It's rather tasty too nom nom nom.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
G8 is a staple for me most times.

Fasted p.m.cardio followed by G8 and BCAA/SAA was vital in my contest prep. Those final weeks where I couldn't sleep more then a few hours here and there, G8 made the most of my sleep I did get. It's rather tasty too nom nom nom.
I still havent tried the new G8... Old one knocked me out and I could never get up early for my workout the next day. Worked almost too good.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I'm in ..... late but here nonetheless ;)
And G8 is a staple in my supp cupboard ..... only one that really seems to work for me ....

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still havent tried the new G8... Old one knocked me out and I could never get up early for my workout the next day. Worked almost too good.
The new formula is a lot more user friendly IMO.

Same great sleep but much easier to dial in the sweet spot.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in ..... late but here nonetheless ;)
And G8 is a staple in my supp cupboard ..... only one that really seems to work for me ....
Welcome aboard!

Got the entire family here now :)

turff49

turff49

Awards
I've found a half a scoop works out just right for me on the G8. Wake up refreshed and ready to go!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I've found a half a scoop works out just right for me on the G8. Wake up refreshed and ready to go!

Yes a half scoop works perfect for me also..

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And I hear it doesn't taste like dirt anymore lol.
I missed out on OG G8. Well, maybe that's the wrong way to put it...

The Lemon Freeze is really good though.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today turned into a rest day.

My wife normally watches the kids on Sunday while I lift but she had inventory this weekend so I couldn't go. Suuuuuuck.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Today turned into a rest day. My wife normally watches the kids on Sunday while I lift but she had inventory this weekend so I couldn't go. Suuuuuuck.
Yeah, but you had what appeared to be a pretty good workout yesterday! Rest is good!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, but you had what appeared to be a pretty good workout yesterday! Rest is good!
Yeah even though yesterday was a good lift it kinda screwed up my rotation lol. Tomorrow I'll hit back and then legs on Tuesday with a friend. Should be sone good stuff.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heading in to work dat back.

Will try to get a couple videos up if it isn't too crowded.........

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today turned into a rest day.

My wife normally watches the kids on Sunday while I lift but she had inventory this weekend so I couldn't go. Suuuuuuck.
All I could think about yesterday was dead lifting, and we ran errands for so long the only way I could get in and do it was if I asked my wife to do all the food prep. I couldn't do it... That sucked.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today's session kinda sucked. Kept getting light headed even though I ate a pretty good size meal two hours before lifting. Anyways here it is

Single arm pulldown (warm-up)
40x10x4

Wide grip pulldown
240x12-10x3

Wide reverse grip pulldown
240x14-12x3

Supported T bar row
180x12-10x4
90x failure x1

Rack pulls
Sets of four working up to 585x4

Free motion row
Fst7 x 110

Then I left just didn't feel right. Was light headed on the way to take my wife some lunch and most of the day. Checked my bp and it was fine so I dunno. Gonna rack this up to going hypoglycemic I guess. Tomorrow is legs and it will be brutal so I'll get more carbs in pre training.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Much better day in the gym today.

Seated leg curls
140x12x4

Squats
245x8x6

Pin squats
185x20x4

Cybex lying squat machine
360x25-20x5

Leg extension
110x15-12xFST7

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you're feeling better bro

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Btw those pin squats were preformed similar to cage presses. Bar was against power rack the entire movement. Really good shyt.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Btw those pin squats were preformed similar to cage presses. Bar was against power rack the entire movement. Really good shyt.
Pressing against the rack in the front? Where were the pins?

That sounds interesting.

turff49

turff49

Awards
I was wondering what a Pin Squat was. That had to be taxing!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was wondering what a Pin Squat was. That had to be taxing!
Pin squats are where you set the safety catches at your normal depth at the bottom and use an explosive movement for the concentric then lower back into the starting position on the catches. These areas normally done on a Smith machine though.

Using the power rack I was able to create a different form of resistance ,like cage presses, but with the bar traversing the rack behind me instead of in front of me.

Yeah it's always awkward for me to bb squat since I have to get my hands so wide, so setting up at depth in itself was a struggle lol. They work very nicely though.....just make sure the rack is bolted down lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What type of carbs did you have yesterday 2 hours before your lift and how much fat with them? Just curious...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What type of carbs did you have yesterday 2 hours before your lift and how much fat with them? Just curious...
Pre workout was oats for carbs, around 50g three whole eggs for fats and egg whites.

Before leg day I swapped oats for white potatoes and had four whole eggs instead of three but reduced egg whites a tad. Think I was just under fed or maybe needed to eat closer to the lift.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Either I'm one ugly fella or I smell bad cause, when I went to the gym today all 10 of the ladies in the free weight area quickly left lol.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL