Jayo84 gets "Driven" by Menace Nutrition --LOG--

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Hello all! Welcome to my log. Thank you Koi1214 and Menace nutrition for this awesome opportunity!

You may not have heard of Menace Nutrition, but they are setting out to make a statement with their awesome looking labels and top notch products that "are not your average sports nutrition company."

As quoted from their website Menace Nutrition" Menace is more than just a brand, it’s a mindset that dictates that if someone puts up a wall in front of you, you should be big enough to tear that wall down with your bare hands. Are you ready to Bring The Mayhem?"

I have been given the opportunity to log a full tub of their pre-workout "Driven"

---- Here's a look at the label----

As we can see they utilize the "prop blend" method of creating their heavy hitting pre-workout. So it's hard to accurately dose what it is exactly that we are getting, but it does help them keep their recipe for perfection a secret. (we will certainly find out) I am not super concerned with the dosing as long as the product delivers, as well I was told by koi1214 "this is no joke!" I like to hear things like this!!

About Me:

I am a 30 yo guy who discovered the active lifestyle at the sad age of 27. I was a chunky fellow for all my adult life. I have been lifing seriously for about 10 months now, and a total of almost 2 years. I am currently bulking with about 3000-3500 calories a day. My workouts take place at 5pm Eastern 4-days/week after 8 hours of hard IT work.. LOL,. I can't keep a straight face with that statement. I work on computers with some calls from around our shop. So little activity. Needless to say I can use a pick me up after 8 hours of that!! I typically split push/pull days, and try to hit everything twice a week.
I am also logging a pro-hormone product as well! So new records WILL be set!!
I have a pretty extensive pre-workout experience. I have tried everything from C4 to Hyde. It's almost scary to think how many I have tried,

Stats
Age-------------30
Weight---------172lbs
Height----------5'8"
BF%------------13.9%
Body Type----Endo-ectomorph ( I put on fat easy, but cut to slender well too, Hard to build muscle though)
Chest----------40"
Arm------------15.15"
Waist-----------32"
Forearm-------11.5"
Thigh-----------23.5"

What do I expect or hope for

Looking over the profile, I am unfamiliar with a couple ingredients. Koi was nice enough to send me some links to the ones I was wondering about. It appears that these ingredients are stacked to deliver more energy in ways that caffeine alone can not accomplish. After some research I found also that some of these ingredients will cause a thermic effect for burning fat for energy! This is a good thing knowing I am packing on some fat during my bulk! I hope to feel the thermogenic effects, and get un-paralleled energy in the gym.

Now that everyone is bored out of their mind, lets see what Menace Nutrition is made of!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice start.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
nice start.
Thanks!

First Impressions

The box showed up today and seeing how large it was, I felt like a scene from my favorite christmas movie "A Christmas Story"

"Why there could be anything in there"

As you can see they used a large box! I thought maybe we got more goodies than expected! But it was the lovely tub of Blue Rasberry Driven!
I would suggest a smaller box or padded envelope. The tub was free to roll all around inside of the box since there was no insulation either. Not a huge deal since it showed up ok. I could see some damaged product in the future though.

The label looks pretty awesome in person! I am a sucker for nice artwork!

The contents is very powdery! Almost like powdered sugar. So its pretty light. I thought "this ought to mix well" and it DOES!

--Two more images of the label

Note:-- If you haven't noticed, we are missing something from the label... Can you guess???

If you said "instructions" you would be right. Now to most of us this is a no brainer. But, in my line of work, if I have learned one thing, it's you need to make everything as "idiot proof" as possible. I of course know how I like my pre-work out mixed, which is 8-10 oz of cold water. But for someone who is new to Pre-workouts may not possess such common sense because lets face it, common sense is not so common.
Not a complaint but a mere observation and suggestion.
They did remember to place all the normal health warnings.

- There is an external seal that's typical of these tubs. There was however NO internal seal that needed broken.
- Due to the powdery nature, this product is very aromatic, and the smell hit me quick. Smells great and accurate to flavor!

I went with 3/4 scoop because a fellow logger said 3/4 scoop got him pretty tweaked. So i figure I better tread lightly.

Mix------------Mixes great as I predicted! No clumps, no grit!
Taste---------With 8oz and 3/4 scoop, the flavor is good, but a little weak. I think full scoop will fix this. I enjoyed it!

And now for the initial results.

Energy--------The drink was taken at 4:51pm and started working out at 5:05pm. I put in a good hour and 45mins.The energy came on smooth, and i started to feel really warm! I felt a little tired and actually yawned at 6:31pm. So it started wearing off at that point.That being said, I put in a ton of work on back day. There was NO CRASH! Just smooth energy all the way. Again, I think i shorted myself on the first dose.
Pump----------I tend to get a pretty good bicep pump on back days. This was indeed the case with Driven! I got a pretty nice pump. Nothing crazy.
Vascularity---This was a great attribute I experienced with Driven. I had veins like crazy! My shoulder veins even showed up for the party!!
Strength------My strength seemed right in line with where it should be and MAYBE a little better! I seemed to be able to lift a little more longer than usual. I would like to have a couple more sessions before i really pass judgement on this, and all these items for that matter.

Workout I won't make it a habit to make this log a workout log, but I should show how much I did today just to really indicate the volume.

A= Bent Over Rows
B= Weighted Chin Up

a. 8x45lbs b. 5x25lbs TOUGH
a.8x95lbs b. 4x25lbs Not any easier!
a. 7x135lbs! b. 2x25lbs time to take weight off
a 8x115lbs b. 4x20lbs
a. 8x125lbs b.3x20lbs

Dumbbell Rows
8x55lbs
8x65lbs
8/7x75lbs!!! **PR** (Pretty clean too)
8x70lbs

Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Flys
8x15lbs
8x20lbs
8x30lbs

Hammer Machine rows
8x90lbs ea arm
7/6x135lbs ea arm! Tough!! **PR**

Face Rope Pull
8x110lbs!
8x100lbs
8x100lbs

One Arm Low Cable Row
8x60lbs
8x70lbs
7x80lbs

So far SO GOOD!

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Glad you're enjoying it so far :D

Awesome log as well m8, very detailed and informative!! Care to elaborate on the taste more for those curious? Anything you personally felt it to be comparable to?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great Start.................

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Glad you're enjoying it so far :D

Awesome log as well m8, very detailed and informative!! Care to elaborate on the taste more for those curious? Anything you personally felt it to be comparable to?
Thanks man! I try to paint a good picture for someone to get a great idea of what to expect.

I guess I was a little vague with my taste description. I am sorry for that. I truly feel I made a mistake at 3/4 scoop. I am holding back my honest reviews until I get a full serving. The best way to describe the flavor would be to compare it to the blue slush puppies, but with much less sugar. I would also say it resembles hyper fx, if anyone had every tried that. Its accurate to description, and I found it enjoyable. Just on the weak side, but again, too much water for 3/4 scoop. I will be working out again on Wednesday. I will have a much better review then I believe.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would suggest a smaller box or padded envelope. The tub was free to roll all around inside of the box since there was no insulation either. Not a huge deal since it showed up ok. I could see some damaged product in the future though.

As we all know you are suppose to shake up (aka mix) you pre-workout before you use it, Menace uses the large box method to help you out here, once you get it, it has been shaken, stirred, and mixed. No need to thank use we are always looking out for you the consumer!!

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
I would suggest a smaller box or padded envelope. The tub was free to roll all around inside of the box since there was no insulation either. Not a huge deal since it showed up ok. I could see some damaged product in the future though. As we all know you are suppose to shake up (aka mix) you pre-workout before you use it, Menace uses the large box method to help you out here, once you get it, it has been shaken, stirred, and mixed. No need to thank use we are always looking out for you the consumer!!
One of the most impressive cover stories I have ever heard.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

As we all know you are suppose to shake up (aka mix) you pre-workout before you use it, Menace uses the large box method to help you out here, once you get it, it has been shaken, stirred, and mixed. No need to thank use we are always looking out for you the consumer!!
lol...good answer...repped!!!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established

Sounds Legit lol!

I like it! Thanks so much Menace Nutrition!

I am sure the usps man shakes it well for us! Just like ace ventura!

MenaceNutra

MenaceNutra

Board Sponsor
Awards
Awesome log! Do me a favor and turn over your lid, there should be an inner seal attached to that. Sometimes during shipping (yes I was too lazy to go find correct boxes, I wanted to rush these out to you) that seal may loosen and when un-screwing the lid, it pops up. No need to worry though as the label itself acts as a 2nd form of seal.

Keep it going! I hope you enjoy.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Awesome log! Do me a favor and turn over your lid, there should be an inner seal attached to that. Sometimes during shipping (yes I was too lazy to go find correct boxes, I wanted to rush these out to you) that seal may loosen and when un-screwing the lid, it pops up. No need to worry though as the label itself acts as a 2nd form of seal.

Keep it going! I hope you enjoy.
Not a complaint about the box, again just an observation. I am very thankful for this opportunity truly. Plus rocket cleared it all up lmao! I totally bought it!

I indeed seen the seal material caught in the lid.

MenaceNutra

MenaceNutra

Board Sponsor
Awards
Haha yes, Rockets explanation was definitely a quick recovery.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for all the love guys!!!!!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Welcome!

Dose 2: Full One scoop+8oz water!

Flavor Update: Interestingly enough, the flavor wasn't much stronger at a full scoop. Still good. It reminds me more of those ice pops that come in the plastic tube. No bad aftertaste. Just the right amount of sweetness. The flavor is not as strong as other blue raz flavored drinks.

And for the most important stuff:

-- Energy-- The energy i get from Driven is really smooth with no jitter at all! That being said, i don't get quite the rush I get from other PWO's. It wakes me up from 8 hours of work and gets me ready to lift. This time the energy lasted the entire 1.5 hour workout. So this is good.

--Strength-- My strength actually seemed better!! I set a very big PR today that I am stoked about! More to some on that later.

--Pump-- I did shoulders today, so pump is tough to gauge. I would say it's ok as of now.

--Vascularity-- This was again a strong attribute to driver, perhaps the strongest! I again had alot of visible veins.

Workout

Shoulders

Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press
8x30lbs
Attempted 60lbs which is my nemesis, and couldn't get the left side up :( Got angry and then
8x55lbs, I destroyed this set and felt strong enough to try 60ls again and...
4x60lbs!! I am absolutely psyched about this!! Been struggling with this for 3 weeks!!

Front Dumbbell Raises
8x25lbs
8x30lbs
7x35lbs!! PR
8x30lbs Felt light!! Can tell strength is there!

Side Dumbbell Raises
8x20lbs
8x25lbs
7x25lbs
8x20lbs

Shoulder Dumbbell Shrugs
8x70
8x80
8x80
7x80+10 sec hold

Upright Rows
8x25lbs
8x30lbs
7x35lbs

Delt Flys
8x25lbs
8x30lbs
7x30lbs

Standing Dumbbell Press
8x30lbs
5x40lbs
8x35lbs Tough!

Standing Overhead press
6x85lbs. Could tell I was cooked.

Had a great amount of volume today on the shoulders!

Energy was good all the way through.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You will be getting stronger by the day...I see it!

"I see strong people"

slayer01994

slayer01994

Awards
Good detail in here man! Glad Driven is giving you the results you want!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Yeah so far so good. Yesterday was a day of rest. Today I am in between chest or triceps...

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Had a great workout with tons of volume for me! Energy lasted a while again!

- I took a little over a full scoop this time to see what happens.
- This dose got me a little more worked up arriving in the gym! Was pretty good!
- Biceps and triceps were swollen like mad!
- Vascularity was pretty awesome again!
- Strength was good!

Workout

Dumbbell Chest Press
8x30lbs
3x90lbs! Tied for best!
5x80lbs
6x75lbs
8x70lbs! Still good strength for me

Incline Dumbbell Press
8x50lbs
tried 70 no go
7x60lbs
7x60lbs

Cross over Cable
8x60lbs
8x70llbs
6x80lbs

Straight arm Push down
8x120lbs
8130lbs
6x140lbs

Close Bench

8x45lbs
8x85lbs + 10 Bench Dips
8x85lbs + 10 bench Dips

Dips
BW for 8
25lbs for 5
25lbs for 5 delt was hurting pretty good.

Straight bar tricep extenesion

8x120lbs
8x130lbs
5x140lbs done!

Threw in some biceps just because

curl bar cable curls
8x120lbs + 8x30lbs DB curls
8x130lbs + 8x30lbs DB curls
6x140lbs +5x30lbs DB Curls
5x140lbs

Barbell Curls
5x 85lbs barely. COOKED!

Nice shoulder veins!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks like a killer workout there!!

slayer01994

slayer01994

Awards
Man thats a grocery list workout right there! Great workout!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
thanks a lot guys!!heading to the gym for legs yuck

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Kill it brah!
Consider it killed!

Legs are destroyed!!

Great energy in the morning workout!

Workout

Squats:
8x45lbs
8x135lbs
6x185lbs
6x225lbs
6x275lbs
4x305lbs!!! New PR!

Lunges:
8x135lbs
7x135lbs
7x135lbs Most volume for lunges yet!

Deadlifts:
8x135lbs
8x225lbs
6x275lbs!! New PR Starts here, But I felt good to try a little more.
2x295lbs!! PR!!

I am felling beat up!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You did kill it

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
You did kill it
Yeah that workout is dead! LOL

Nothing much to report today. A needed day of rest. I am still not sure what i did to my arm. Its either a tricep or deltoid. It was more painful when I push my hand together in front of my body. Its now barely noticeable. I should be ok for a nice back day tomorrow.

slayer01994

slayer01994

Awards
Sweet!!! In for some back say. That's what I'm hitting tomorrow to. Maybe some biceps to.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Breakout Workout today for "Driven"

This would be the first time I was VERY impressed with Driven.
No offense but I did not get super jacked until TODAY!
I got everything that I needed from Driven!

The secret was taking a page from wmihm's book! I went with 1 1/3 scoop and found my happy place!!
I actually got the tingle a little bit, and got a slight flush!! Not easy for me to get!!

Today's workout was:

- Energized!
- Endurance increased
- Pump was the best I had in a while!!!
- Veins were Out of Control!!!
- Strength was Increased

This was honestly a breakthrough workout for me with Driven!

I am Pumped to workout in the AM tomorrow!!

Can't wait to hit the chest!!

Workout

Back/Biceps

Dumbbell Bench Rows

8x55lbs
8x65lbs
8x70lbs
Felt really strong and...
8x75lbs cheating the last one on the left side!! **PR**

Bent over Barbell Rows
8x120lbs
8x120lbs
6x120lbs

Weighted Pull Ups
5x25lbs!
5x25lbs!!
3x25lbs!!! **PR**

Lat Pull Down
7x11.5 Plate Wide
7x11plate Wide
7x10.5 plate Wide

Seated Cable Row Close Grip
8x10.5 Plate
8x11.5 Plate
7x11.5 Plate

Barbell Standing Curls Inside shoulders grip
6x85lbs
4x95lbs
5x85lbs

Incline Bench Dumbbell Curls
8x25lbs Barely
7x20lbs
5x25lbs+5x20lbs+4x15lbs Pooped

Seated Preacher Curls
6x75lbs
7x55lbs Crapped out Swollen up crazy!

Rope Curls
8x 8 plate
8x 8 plate
7x 8 Plate

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great ! Glad you for "Your Sweet Spot" Keep Hittin It and keep us informed!! Thank you!

slayer01994

slayer01994

Awards
Breakout Workout today for "Driven"[

Seated Preacher Curls
6x75lbs
7x55lbs Crapped out Swollen up crazy!
That feeling when you cant wash your hair cause your biceps are so sore;) Your killing the log tho man!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That feeling when you cant wash your hair cause your biceps are so sore

I Like That !!

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Good work maaan! Glad you're enjoying it so far

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
That feeling when you cant wash your hair cause your biceps are so sore

I Like That !!
Ya, I sit and laugh at myself when I can't touch my own shoulders!

Morning workout today! Always a different animal for me, not being a morning person.
I went for a heaping scoop and felt good. Not as good as 1 &1/3 scoop though,

Chest and Triceps

Workout

Dumbbell Press
8x30
3x90 1 less than my best!
5x80

Saved energy for incline press!

Incline DB Press
8x50, Went for a new PR at 65lbs and Failed... But not for long:)
8x60, strong 8, so I knew I could do 65lbs. So went for it again and...
8x65!! **PR** Hopefully getting stronger on the incline press will Help with Flat bench!

Cable Crossover
8x60
8x80
7x70

Decline cable press
8x70
7x90
7x80

Dips
8xBW
8x25lbs! **PR**
7x25
5x25! Great strength endurance for me!

Curl Bar straight arm push downs
8x110
8x120
5x130 + 5 Tricep push downs

7x130 Tricep Pushdown

Tricep Rope Extension
7x80+6x60 and failed out. Totally swollen

- Pump was good today
- Energy was good
- I believe that 1 and 1/3 scoop will be the go to dose!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks Like A Great Workout, even for someone who is not a morning person!!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Today and tomorrow will be rest days. The tricep started hurting again. Hopefully heal up fast.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Eat, Rest, Grow. Have a GREAT Thanksgiving!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Thanks!! Hope everyone enjoys bulksgiving

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established