Let's melt this fat log - ABE/Alphamax/Alphamine/AT2

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Ok I've decided to log my new stack along with a new workout routine. I welcome all comments, advice, and discussions. I'm aiming to do this until New Year's Day. Why that day and why now? I wanted to hit a targeted near term goal and challenge myself through the Holidays. I will undoubtedly indulge on T-Day and Christmas but will look to remain largely on track.

The Lowdown:
A year and a half ago I got myself down to 10% BF at 163-165 pounds and was dedicated to getting into my best shape. After I hit that 10%, I took a week off with the intent to jump right back in and continue. Well that week turned into 2, then 3 and so on and so forth. You know how the boohoo story goes. In addition, I ended up popping my shoulder out in a snowboarding accident which just compounded my interest in "not" working out. Fast forward to 2 months ago. I finally kicked myself in the ass and at 190 pounds said WTF! In the past 2 months I dropped back to 176, dialed in my diet and workout routine. I'm now starting this new stack and a brand new routine.

Current Stats
SEX -Male
AGE - 39
Height - 5' 7"
Weight - ~180 (I took the last week off to go to Vegas for a little vacay...I went to Vegas at 176 and prob around this weight now)
BF% - It was 16.5% at 176. When I start logging I'll get the measurement

Old Workout: - this workout got me to the 10% before
- Sunday - Legs / Cardio
- Monday - Back/ Abs / Cardio
- Tuesday - Shoulders / Cardio
- Wed - Chest / Abs / Cardio
- Thursday - Arms / Cardio
- Friday - Cardio
- Sat - Off

New Routine
- Monday - Chest/ Tri / Abs (Multi joint). Cardio is now done in 1 minutes intervals between every set
- Tuesday - Shoulders / Legs / Calves (Multi Joint). Cardio is done in 1 minute intervals between every set
- Wed - Back / Traps / Biceps (Multi Joint). Cardio is done in 1 minute intervals between every set
- Thurs - Chest / Tri / Abs (Single Joint). Cardio is done in 1 minute intervals between every set
- Friday - Shoulders / Legs/ Calves (Single Joint). Cardio is done in 1 minute intervals between every set
- Saturday - Back / Traps / Biceps (Single Joint). Cardio is done in 1 minute intervals between every set
- Sunday - OFF

Supplements
- Alpha Max
- Alphamine
- AT2
- ABE - * will introduce 4 weeks after start due to the Forksolin
- Whey
- Fish Oil
- Orange Triad

Daily Diet
I will keep my diet the same as I had before in terms of macros. I won't log in my full menu each day as that's boring to read but will try and do macros.

Calories - 1980-2000
Protein - 240
Carbs - 140
Fat - 57

Initial Thoughts:

My excitement is through the roof as it's a new challenge that I made on myself. This, coupled with the fact that I got lazy and injured is fuel to my fire. I'm poised to try and get down to 167 by Xmas and hold it until New Years. This is my immediate goal. My overall goal (however long it takes after that) is to get between 7-9% BF (just a goal I always wanted to achieve). I plan on posting bf% gain/loss each day. We all know how accurate those bf scales are. At least I can use it to gauge consistency in loss/gain (hopefully). But I plan on really gauging with the mirror and my clothes. LET'S DO THIS!

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Day 1:

Note: I think I will go with the format below for my logging. Hopefully it's laid out in a way that is easy for you all to read. I'm on travel as well so tracking my macros and weight will be difficult this week but I'm keeping to a pretty good diet considering. Starting next week I'll start posting up BF%, weight and macros.

WT: Not sure (~180). I will jump on an accurate scale this weekend when I'm back
BF: Same as above
BF Gained/Lost: NA

-----------------------
Workout
Chest/Tri/Abs (Multi-joint)
Reps: 9-11

Bench Press: 4 sets
Bench Step Ups in between every set for 1 min (ie no rest)

Include DB Press: 3 sets
DB Cleans in between every set for 1 min

Decline Bench: 3 sets
Jog in place in between every set for 1 min

Dips: 4 sets
Kettlebell Swing in between every set for 1 min

Close-Grip Bench Press: 4 sets
Bench Step Ups in between every set for 1 min

Cable Crunch: 3 sets

Lying Leg Lifts: 3 sets
Jump Rose in between every set for 1 min

--------------------------------

Supplements
Alphamine - 1 scoop
Alphamax - 4 pills (spread into two doses)
AT2 - 2 pills (spread into two doses)
Whey
Orange Triad

Water Intake
- ~ 1 gallon (kinda hard when traveling)

Diet Macros

Calories:
Fat: g (%)
Carb: g (%)
Prot: g (%)

Note: Starting next week I'll have these numbers on a daily basis

Thoughts / Feelings / Observations
So far so good with the supplement. I use Alphamine due to the quick hitting energy I need when working out first thing in the morning. The Forksolin in Alpha Max didn't affect my stomach so that's a good sign. I will still wait about 4 weeks before I add ABE. I'm kind of bummed that this week I can't accurately track my daily weight and macros but will be up and running next week. Needless to say I am eating right however as "right" as you can when on business. Oh and the workout F'ing kicked my a$$! Wow, those high intensity 1 min efforts in between each set really rocks you! When I'm done, not only did I lift but I also put into about 30 minutes of HIIT. The only rest I get is when I switch between exercises. I thought I was going to fall dead at the end and felt slightly nauseous. It was a good workout!

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Day 2:

WT: Not sure (~180). I will jump on an accurate scale this weekend when I'm back from business

-----------------------
Workout - 4:30AM
Shoulders/Legs/Calves(Multi-joint)

Barbell Shoulder Press - 4 sets

Standing Alternating DB Press: 3 sets
Kettlebell Swings in between every set for 1 min

Smith Machine One Arm Upright Row: 3 sets

Barbell Squat: 4 sets
Jog in Place in between every set for 1 min

Deadlifts: 3 sets

Walking Lunge: 3 sets
Mountain Climber in between every set for 1 min

Standing Calf Raise: 3 sets
**Skipped HIIT in between. I was dying

Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets
Jog in Place in between every set for 1 min

Supplements
Alphamine - 1 scoop
Alphamax - 4 pills (spread into two doses)
AT2 - 2 pills (spread into two doses)
Whey
Orange Triad

Water Intake

Diet Macros

Calories:

Today is not over but I listed what supps I will have taken by the end of the day. It was hard as usual getting up this early but I did and forced myself in the gym. My chest is somewhat sore from yesterday's workout but more so the front of my shoulders. I believe this was due to the barbell bench and declines (I usually only do DBs). I noticed by the time I got to squats my heart rate was racing and the sweat drenching. I was tired so didn't do as much weight as normal. I also skipped one of the sets of the HIIT as I was about to keel over (haha). Great workout!

slayer01994

slayer01994

Awards
Really detailed log here. Supplements look on key.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see this!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed!

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Day 3: - Oh it's an Advil kind of day!

**Note: Still on business trip but keeping diet in check and hitting the workout routine

WT: Not sure (~180). I will jump on an accurate scale this weekend when I'm back from business

-----------------------
Back / Traps / Biceps (Multi-joint)

Bent Over Barbell Row - 4 sets

Bent Over DB Row: 3 sets

Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets
Goblet Squats in between every set for 1 min

Barbell Shrugs: 4 sets
Bench knee ups in between every set for 1 min

Barbell Curl: 3 sets

EZ Bar Preacher Curls: 3 sets

Wrist Curls: 3 sets
**Skipped HIIT in between. I was completely spent!

Supplements
Morning Pre Workout - Alphamine (1 Scoop) / Alphamax (2 pills) / AT2 (1 pill)
Morning Bfast - Orange Triad (2 pills)
Post Workout - Whey
Afternoon - AT2 (1 pill) / Orange Triad (2 pills)
Evening - Alphamax (2 pills) / Orange Triad (2 pills)

Water Intake

Diet Macros

Calories:

Ok all, today my body hurts! Not just a little bit...but a LOT OF BIT! Let me preface by saying I've been working out on and off since High School (over 20 years ago) and accustomed to routines. I've been hard at it for the past 2.5 months (already dropped 14 pounds). But this new routine is "routinely" kicking my a$$. The HIIT exercises in between completely gas me. I think it may also have to do with that fact that I work out so early and in a fasted state. Hell I'm nauseous by mid workout now. What do you think? Should I toss in a half a banana or something right before working out?

I got up this morning and felt like some kind of old man with muscles hurting everywhere haha. This routine has my body begging my mind to just stop and take a break. My only rest periods for the hour or so is when I move to the next exercise. It truly is a chest burner cardiovascular wise. But I'm loving the challenge and what pushes me is knowing many would already stop. I need to make it to Xmas/New Years on this routine to melt that fat off.

I don't normally work out arms heavy as my arms grow fast. And I mean fast. In the past I would always do light weights with them. Today I decided to go heavy(er) to hit the 9-11 rep range. In the following weeks if I notice my arms getting too big then I will taper off. Lastly in terms of supplements...I can't really tell if Alphamine is hitting. I take it about 20 min before the gym. When I'm already lifting, I'm in pain (the good pain) and just trying to barrel through each stage while getting gassed! If I'm that wiped, hell I'd be afraid not to take it (haha). I can't imagine what that would do. I'd probably pass out from exhaustion. Although I do notice my core temp is higher around mid morning and I tend to sweat a little more. I can't wait to see the Alphamax kick in and start to dry me out as well as help add the lean gains and strength. I believe it will take about a week or two to really soak in before noticing significant effects (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

OK that's it for Day 3 (which is not over yet but I wanted to log the day in). I'm already dreading Day 4 workout (haha). Yes my body hurts...if I haven't mentioned that already. Let's keep at it!

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Your "cardio" in between sets would definitely save time but doesn't seem like you could have enough in the tank to push the weights harder??? I would be super gassed!!

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Your "cardio" in between sets would definitely save time but doesn't seem like you could have enough in the tank to push the weights harder??? I would be super gassed!!
You're right. I'm completely gassed however my goal at this point is to strip the fat and the in between cardio greatly aids in that. I certainly wouldn't do this routine when I switch to adding lean bulk. I do anticipate getting stronger over these next 8 weeks however understand it wouldn't be to the same degree if I was on my old routine. Seeing how this pans out should be interesting.

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Day 4:

**Note: Still on business trip but keeping diet in check and hitting the workout routine

-----------------------
Chest / Tri / Abs (Single Joint)
Reps: 12-15

Incline DB Flyes- 3 sets
Jog in place in between every set for 1 min (ie no rest)

DB Flyes: 3 sets

Cable X-over: 3 sets
Goblet Squats in between every set for 1 min

Tricep Pushdown: 4 sets
Lateral Bounds in between every set for 1 min

Standing DB Tricep Extension: 3 sets

Lying Tricep Extensions (EZ Bar): 3 sets

Crunches: 3 sets

One-Arm High Pulley Cable Side Bends - 3 sets
* Skipped HIIT * - ran out of time in the gym

Supplements
Post Workout - Whey
Evening - Alphamax (2 pills) / Orange Triad (2 pills)

Water Intake

Diet Macros

Calories:

It was a fantastic workout this morning. It seemed slightly easier and I stress "slightly". It may be due to the fact that my body is getting used to the extreme stress of no rest and the HIIT exercises in between sets OR maybe that the exercises were single joint this time. Whatever the reason, I'll take it! I have noticed that getting up that early is not as painful (been doing it for over 2 months). It may be that I'm getting better sleep now (from the Alphamax)...or it could all be mental and I'm thinking I'm not as tired (haha). Don't get me wrong, I'm a walking zombie but not as bad as before. I can't wait to be able to jump on the scale this weekend. It will be good to baseline the weight and bf%. That's it for now...we press on!

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Day 5:

-----------------------
Shoulders / Legs / Calves (Single Joint)
Reps: 12-15

Side Lateral Raise- 3 sets
Dumbbell Step Ups in between every set for 1 min (ie no rest)

Standing Front Barbell Raise Over Head: 3 sets
Run in place in between every set for 1 min

Seated Bent Over Rear Delt Raise: 3 sets

Leg Extension: 4 sets

Seated Leg Curl: 3 sets

Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets (SKIPPED)
Jog in place in between every set for 1 min - (SKIPPED)

Donkey Calf Raise: 3 sets (SKIPPED)
Jog in place in between every set for 1 min - (SKIPPED)

Supplements
Post Workout - Whey
]Evening - Alphamax (2 pills) / Orange Triad (2 pills)

Water Intake

Diet Macros

Calories:

It was another good workout. The reason I skipped calves...actually (2) reasons. I grew up a sprinter running competitively from 1st grade through college (before breaking my leg...another long story which ended my track career). With that I have naturally muscular calves. Prior to this routine I would only work out calves once a week and they still remained muscular and shaped. This routine has me doing them twice. Secondly, I again ran out of time in the gym. I only had an hour and was slightly over that. So if anything, calves were the easy choice to skip.

The supplementation is going well. I'm not experiencing any stomach issues. I'm noticing a slightly "harder" look now. The veins are also more pronounced. Next week I'll take a couple pics. I have noticed that the front of my shoulders are sore as hell when lifting. At first I believed it was because of the compound chest exercises which usually made those joints hurt. However maybe it's a combo of the compound shoulder and chest exercise along with the drying out effects from Alpha Max? I'm taking Orange Triad which helps with joints. Maybe I'll start tossing in fish oil to see if that has any effects. It's not bad and not stopping me from being able to do anything...just noticeable. I also have been taking Alpha Max a couple hours before bed as recommended by the reps here. I feel like sleep is better and do not have as hard a time waking up at 4AM (don't get me wrong...it still sucks haha). Cool, we're going into the weekend now and I have one more workout on Sat before Sunday off. We march on....

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Day 6: - We have a weight baseline!

WT: 177.8
BF: 16.6%

*** DAMN I accidentally wrote over this week so sorry this one will be truncated ***

In gist...good workout!

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Day 7: - OFF DAY!

-------------------------------

Workout - NONE

Supplements
Morning - Alphamine (1 Scoop) / Alphamax (2 pills) / AT2 (1 pill)

Water Intake
- .5 gallon of water (Didn't do a lot of water today...had B'day party to go to and errands all day)

Diet Macros - NO DIET...Went NUTS WILD!

Calories:

Today was an off day for both lifting and diet. The past 6 days have been extremely difficult, challenging, but rewarding. My diet was in check and my workouts spot on (See above for summaries). In the past I always had 1 off day from a diet and ate whatever. It worked well for me and I was still able to get to 10% (which I'm looking to do better this time around). Mentally and physically it seemed to help to have this day off.

Also we celebrated my son's bday so I had the typical pizza, cake, snacks etc. I didn't watch anything I ate all day (again it's what I've done in the past and it worked...so that helped me mentally not freak out too).

It felt good and I am ready to charge again tomorrow (Monday)!

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Day 8:

**NOTE ** - I'm back on travel so weighing myself will be about 2-3x a week.

-----------------------
-----------------------
Workout - 0430
Chest / Tri / Ab (Multi Joint)
Reps: 6-8

BB Bench Press- 4 sets
Step Ups in between every set for 1 min (ie no rest)

Incline DB Press: 3 sets

Decline BB Bench: 3 sets

Dips: 4 sets

Close grip bench press: 4 sets
Step Ups in between every set for 1 min - *Kicked my A$$*

Cable Crunch: 3 sets
Step Ups in between every set for 1 min -

Leg Raises: 3 sets

Supplements
Post Workout - Whey

Water Intake
- .1 gallon of water

Diet Macros

Calories:

Today's workout was MUCH easier. I think it's a combo of my body getting physically used to the abuse it takes with this type of routine and the off diet day yesterday. The body shock is noticeably reduced. Don't get me wrong, the routine still kicks my ass cardiovascular wise. I felt so much more energized during the 4:30AM workout. The influx of carbs from yesterday was probably the reason.

Starting tomorrow I am again on travel and will have to take my routine and diet on the road. This time it'll be a pain finding a good gym (hotel ones suck!). My diet will not be precise but will be big on protein and moderate on carbs fat. I'll make do with what will be in front of me but I WILL NOT break and eat crap.

Great...on to tomorrow.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Great log. I will be starting AlphaMax in a week or so myself. I also lift in the morning and don't sleep very well. I appreciate your detail. It will help me as I plan to log as well