Mountainman Drops Some Acids (BCAAs) and Gets Stimul8ed

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Finaflex Team is awesome. They picked me along with other great loggers to run BCAAs + SAAs and STIMUL8. I've used IGNITE2, Pure Test, Rev Black, and Crea-Trona, so I'm no stranger to their line, but I've never used a BCAA Intra workout, or STIMUL8 (but I've read and heard nothing but rave reviews for it). I'm really looking forward to using both.

I'll be running Celtic Labs M1T-Oxime starting next week, along with Finaflex Liver Repair which I'm really excited about. I've run just about every PWO on the market (OK, maybe not EVERY, but definitely a ton), so being to judge effects and effectiveness should be fairly detailed and accurate. I'll also be using the Finaflex rating system at the end of this log and will be as fair and honest as possible. Thanks for following.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So first doses I mixed separately, I wanted to be able to judge the flavors individually. I also wanted to give each product a fair shake on effects. STIMUL8 in Apple Blast is pretty good. Smooth flavor, not over powering, just a little tart with a very slight aftertaste. It didn't make me cringe at all like others have done. It didn't take long for it to mix either. No chunks at the bottom, or any grit when I drank it. I won't dread taking before workouts.

As I was driving to the gym I wasn't feeling much at first, but then about half way there I started to feel really energized, but not hyper. Just really focused, and very motivated. I started to really focus on my back, how I was going to work my lats and traps today. I also started to feel a little warmer. Not sure if that is a normal side, or if it will happen again but I'll try to be mindful of that in the future.

When I got to the gym it was packed, the ridiculous form and outright douchery was everywhere. But I was able to focus and adapt very quickly. I had my initial plan ready to go but as we know sometimes the best laid plans get derailed by a busy gym. I was able to move seamlessly throughout my workout though without missing a beat. Improvising was easier than usual, and I could really notice how much easier. Normally it takes a minute or 2 to find a replacement exercise when what I want to do is in use, but not today.

I also noticed a huge difference in endurance. I was able to just keep lifting, and I didn't want to stop. I took shorter rests between sets, and lifted almost as much total weight as I do when on cycle. It was crazy. I was fired up the whole time. Even when my MP3 player died because I'm a dumbass and forgot to charge it, I was still firing on all cylinders.

I have my kids this weekend and my girlfriend is out of town till Sunday night so I won't be able to workout again until Sunday night, but I'm truly looking for to my next gym session

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First!

A warming feeling is normal.

Nice update!

Edit: guess not first...

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool dude. I'll be running some STIMUL8 next week. And I can't can't wait to try the liver repair. I'm curious about these 2.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Did somebody say acid man? I'm here for the ride .... lookin forward to this log ;)

turff49

turff49

Awards
As Ricky Bobby would say "if you ain't first you're last"

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm liking the apple flavor, it's not over powering like other PWOs and stims, same with the BCAAs. The raspberry flavor is just right. The other thing I really like so far about STIMUL8 is no PWORs (Pre Work Out Runs). Chugged my STIMUL8, jumped in my truck and off to the gym. Started to get that warming feeling again. It's almost like an engine warming up for a race. I love it. Also started to get a very subtle tingle in my ears and cheeks. Not sure if that's normal, but nothing irritating or obnoxiuos.

Quads and Calves

Volleyball is in full swing so I have to straddle that fine line of working my legs, but not so much that I can't play Thursday nights. I've been jumping very well, hitting high, and swining well, so I don't wont to screw that up.

Warm up on recumbant for 5 mins., then Smith sqauts for 2 sets of 12 to warm up.

PAP Squats / Standing Smith Calf Raises
5 jumps, 185 x 3 / 135 x 15, BW x 10
5 jumps, 225 x 3 / 135 x 15, BW x 10
5 jumps, 185 x 3 / 135 x 15, BW x 10

Sweating my ass off at this point. The STIMUL8 gets my body temp up, which I like. I'm always up for more calories burned.

Seated Leg Curls / Leg Exts. / Smith Seated Calf Raises
110 x 8 / 90 x 8 / 135 x 20
110 x 8 / 90 x 8 / 185 x 20
110 x 8 / 90 x 8 / 225 x 20

Leg extensions hurt, so I had to back off on the weight which pissed me off. Felt like my meniscus possibly, but hard to tell.

45 Deg. Leg Press / Leg Press Calf Raises to Seated Calf Raises
230 x 15 / 230 x 5, 185 x 10
320 x 12 / 320 x 5, 185 x 10
410 x 10 / 410 x 4, 185 x 8
410 x 5, 320 x 5, 230 x 5 / 410 x 5, 320 x 5, 230 x 5 (5 presses then 5 raises, then weight drop. I stopped the seated raises at this point)
320 x 5, 230 x 5, 140 x 10 / 320 x 5, 230 x 5, 140 x 10

PAP DB Squats / Standing DB Calf Raises
5 jumps, 75s x 3 / 55 x 16
5 jumps, 75s x 3 / 55 x 16

I drank the BCAA/SAAs throughout my work out and I really like the flavor. I went with 2 scoops with about 18 or 19 ozs. of water. It mixes well enough after a few minutes, but I need to add a little more water to 2 scoops. It was just a touch chalky, especially at the very end of the bottle. But I'm sure more water will fix that no problem.

Hardly anyone there at 4:45 a.m. so there was no interuption in my workout, but that same reactive thinking was clicking like Friday so I don't think a busy guy would have been an issue anyway. I could have kept going if I was trying to totally wreck my legs. Had to stop there though to make sure I would be good for Thursday. Tomorrow is chest and delts, looking forward to that!

At work while I'm typing this and I'm noticing I'm still pretty focused. This residual focus and energy could certainly be a good thing. I can't wait to see how my focus I have Thursday night during volleyball.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Great workout!
Yeah, with 2 scoops you need a lot of water. Take 2 water bottles and mix one scoop in each, might make it easier.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great workout!
Yeah, with 2 scoops you need a lot of water. Take 2 water bottles and mix one scoop in each, might make it easier.
I have my Nalgene bottle I use constantly troughout the day for water. It holds to 32 ozs. so I'll probably start using that.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just posting so I can have my 2000th post. :cheers:

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great update! Very detailed...
Thank you sir. I like to be as detailed as possible so anyone who's reading along can get as much info and get as much out of my log as possible.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you sir. I like to be as detailed as possible so anyone who's reading along can get as much info and get as much out of my log as possible.
That is appreciated. Adding to what Turff said above. I drop my scoops in one container and constantly dilute.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup.....over did it on Monday. Legs are creaking like an old house. Volleyball is going to suck tomorrow night.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wasn't able to get in a workout yesterday, my girlfriend had a bunch of business people over a work meeting and it ran pretty late. I wasn't able to get up in time to workout before work.

Got a good one in this morning though. Needed to work hard today too. We went out for some killer Thai food last night, then after helping a friend move some furniture we got some Orange Leaf on the way home. Holy calorie overload Batman! Time for a serious @ss whooping today.

Went to 3/4 of a scoop of STIMUL8 this morning and I think I may have found the new sweet spot. Not totally sure yet though, after a few days at 3/4 I may give a full scoop a shot (GASP!). Being as tired as I was I wasn't feeling up to a serious workout but as I got closer to the gym I got more motivated. I have a heavy metal MP3 cd in my truck and I kept turning the volume up a little when another song would come on. By the time I parked at the gym Devil You Know by Anthrax was vibrating my doors and mirrors. I was fired up!

I also mixed the BCAAs/SAAs at 2 scoops with 24 ozs. water. That's just right, no watered down, not too sweet, no powdery or chalking consistency. It was perfect during my workout.

Chest and Delts

Warm ups were a struggle. I think lack of sleep (5 hours the night before, and 5.5 hours last night) is taking a bit of a physical toll. But I normally get through a couple of working sets before I need to take my sweatshirt off. After 1 warm up set I was ready to rip off my SOA hoodie.

Smith Incline BP / DB Thumbs Down Laterals, 1 minute rest
115 x 12 / 10s x 12
135 x 10 / 10s x 11
155 x 8 / 10s x 10
155 x 5, 135 x 4 / 10s x 10, 10s x 5 with lots of momentum

I hadn't done strict thumbs down laterals in a long time. I had forgotten how friggin hard they were and how much they burned. Elbow was aching again on the presses. Thinking I may have a mild case of golfer's elbow. I'll go through PT treatmenst I know for GE and see if I can get it healthy again.

Low Cable Underhand Flys / Smith Upright Rows, wide grip, 90 seconds rest
20s x 12 / 95 x 10
20s x 11 / 95 x 9
15s x 14 / 95 x 8, RP, 95 x 3
High Cable Flys 1 set of 20s x 13

I attempted DB OHP but that stung my elbow in good fashion so I moved on to the uprights instead.

Flat DB BP / 1 Arm Cable Laterals, alternating sides / Hangng Knee raises for TUT, 1 minute rest
60s x 11 / 10 x 5, 5, 4, 4/ 12
55s x 10 / 10 x 5, 5, 4, 4/ 12
50s x 11 / 10 x 5, 5, 4, 4/ 12

My chest was feeling fried at this point which is odd because normally I have another round of heavy exercises to go at this point. I'm going to have to make it a point to get some serious sleep tonight.

Burn Outs:

Incline DB Flys to Incline Hex Press / Lateral Iso Holds / Hanging Knee Raises, extremely slow release, no rest
25s x 5, 8 / 10s x 15 seconds / 12
25s x 5, 7 / 10s x 14 seconds / 12
25s x 5, 6 / 10s x 12 seconds / 12

Since I didn't feel like I had worked my shoulders enough I went for one last killer set.
DB Upright Rows, Run the Rack
60s x 5, 55s x 5, 50s x 5, 45s x 5, 40s x 5, 35s x 7

I'll be skipping SOA tonight (thank god for DVR) so I can rest up. I'm very curious to see how well STIMUL8 will work for volleyball tomorrow. I've used other pres before, but given the focus (which still is kicking when I get to work) I think it'll help give me a major avantage. I post that up Friday morning.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're still in your early thirties, right?
Just turned 36. Sometimes I feel older, sometimes I feel younger. It's a crap shoot everyday.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Feeling all of my 43yrs today .....

turff49

turff49

Awards
Youngsters!! 51 and feel like I'm 26!

Then I wake up and realize it was a dream...

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Volleyball was pretty good last night. I mixed 1/2 scoop of STIMUL8 and 1 full scoop of BCAA/SAA with a little but of Wyked 2.0 for circulatory purposes, and that was money! I drank half at the beginning of the night, and the other half I drank halfway through. First off, I was fired up all night. I mean FIRED up. We finished the night at 5 - 3, but even the games we lost I was still on top of the world. Second, my brain was firing on all cyclinders. I was picking almost everything defensivley in the back row, I was passing nails, I was reading hitters really well and able to adjust my blocking mid block. I was hitting reasonably well, but my biggest issue was that I was really seeing the court, but my calves were cramping up at the end of the night so I wasn't jumping as high as I was at the start of the night. Made for a frustrating end of the evening. But STIMUL8 will absolutely be part of volleyball regimine now.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice. I haven't played volley ball in years. Seems weird, living at the beach and all.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like watching beach volleyball! Well, when the ladies are playing ;)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time for a Halloween candy calorie ass kicking.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day light savings came up too fast. Had to get before the kids did though if I wanted to get a workout in.

STIMUL8 gave me my usual and gradual firing up. I needed it too because today was an all out leg hurting hypertrophy day.

Pre-exhaust Leg Extensions / Donkey Calf Raise Machine, painfully slow negatives, 1 min. rest
70 x 16 / 90 x 25
90 x 15 / 110 x 20
90 x 12 / 110 x 18
90 x 11 / 110 x 15

Leg Press / Leg Press Calf Raises to Standing Calf Raises, 1 min rest
230 x 20 / 230 x 8, BW x 10
420 x 15 / 420 x 8, BW x 10

Yes the volume was high, but I wasn't tiring at all.

Alternating Leg Extensions to Standing Calf Raises, chasing the pump. 30 secs. rest
90 x 6, BW x 10, 90 x 6, BW x 10, 90 x 6, BW x 10

DB Squats / Seated Smith Calf Raises, 30 secs. rest
55s x 10 / 185 x 16
60s x 10 / 185 x 15
65s x 8 / 185 x 15

I've had some slight vascularity in my calves before, but today I could see veins in the back AND the front. I was diggin' it. Good thing there were only 3 other people in the gym cuz I'm sure I looked pretty pompous standing on my tip toes looking in the mirror.

Endurance was never ending. There was still plenty left in the tank. The BCAA/SAA mix is awesome. The flavor is perfect, and I could workout for hours if I wanted to.

Smith Front Squats / Single Leg Calf Raises, 1 min. rest
135 x 10 / BW x 10, 10, 8, 8

Awesome workout, but I'm going to pay for it later. It's a good sore though. :head:

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lots of volume there. I bet those quads were popping.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day light savings came up too fast. Had to get before the kids did though if I wanted to get a workout in.

STIMUL8 gave me my usual and gradual firing up. I needed it too because today was an all out leg hurting hypertrophy day.

Pre-exhaust Leg Extensions / Donkey Calf Raise Machine, painfully slow negatives, 1 min. rest
70 x 16 / 90 x 25
90 x 15 / 110 x 20
90 x 12 / 110 x 18
90 x 11 / 110 x 15

Leg Press / Leg Press Calf Raises to Standing Calf Raises, 1 min rest

Yes the volume was high, but I wasn't tiring at all.

Alternating Leg Extensions to Standing Calf Raises, chasing the pump. 30 secs. rest

DB Squats / Seated Smith Calf Raises, 30 secs. rest
55s x 10 / 185 x 16
60s x 10 / 185 x 15
65s x 8 / 185 x 15

I've had some slight vascularity in my calves before, but today I could see veins in the back AND the front. I was diggin' it. Good thing there were only 3 other people in the gym cuz I'm sure I looked pretty pompous standing on my tip toes looking in the mirror.

Endurance was never ending. There was still plenty left in the tank. The BCAA/SAA mix is awesome. The flavor is perfect, and I could workout for hours if I wanted to.

Smith Front Squats / Single Leg Calf Raises, 1 min. rest

Awesome workout, but I'm going to pay for it later. It's a good sore though. :head:
Very nice workout brother :) !! Get it,
I'm really loving my Stimul8 as well.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice workout brother :) !! Get it,
I'm really loving my Stimul8 as well.
Thanks bones, I'm really considering going with a full scoop tomorrow for an insane back workout.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established