JD's getting shut eye with Finaflex's G8 & BCAA+SAA

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
First and foremost I would like to thank all the reps with Finaflex for letting me log this. I will be honest for future guys that apply, sending nudez to Registerjr plays a HUGE role in whether or not you get picked ;)

So I have never used Finaflex's products before so I'm excited try these. I take Hydroxizine now to help sleep so I am really hoping G8 can make a big enough difference that I can quit taking a script and switch over to this. I've taken other sleep aids like Melatonin and they just don't cut it. I still toss and turn through the night.
As for the BCAA+SAA I just started a full time job working 10-12 hours a day on my feet a lot, so anything that can help me recover in the gym will make a huge difference.

Right now I am on a full on bulk. I plan on competing in BB'ing the first of April. So I have 7 weeks left to bulk then start on the dreaded cut. My average calories intake is,
Cals 4,026 F 111 C 447 P 271. I do have a cheat here and there but my main foods are chicken, lean beef, turkey burger, eggs, rice, potatos, and oats. That pretty well covers what I eat, beside some veggies here and there haha.

Supplements I will be using during this log are:
Test E
Test suspension
Deca
SD :D
Exemestane
Probiotics
Tudca
Basics

Like I said I am on a full on bulk right now :shocked:

I'll update my thoughts on my sleep, taste, mixability and recovery with the BCAA's. Plus my workout routine daily.​

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol...

First!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Reg always gets the nudez!!

That is a helluva bulk stack you are running. I like it!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nudez worked for me too! ;)
You know I wouldn't miss this!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have joined the party !!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Well it looks like it is going to be hit or miss with the workout partner. He texted me today at work and asked if we could take the day off and lift tomorrow. I told him I would go ahead and lift today, and we would just hit something different tomorrow evening. Come to find out his wife has to work out of town the next three days, which is why he wanted to wait. Needless to say I went tonight anyway. I justed started a new job, and have a family at home. I have got to get my self on a schedule and not be skipping days, or only going when it is convenient for him.

On with the workout. My shoulder had been bothering me whenever I go above 300 so instead of a 10 x 3 on my bench I went with 5x5 with lower weights. No spotter but I still felt pretty good.

Flat BB bench- 1 min rest
275 5 x 5

Low cable crossovers-
50 2 x 15

Tricep Dips-
BW + 45lbs 4 x 8

Incline DB rear delts- lying face down on a low incline
20's 2 x 20
25's 2 x 25

Cage Press-
75 x 20
95 x 15
115 x 10
95 x 15

I had to quit there, my shoulders were on fire!! Even though I had a t-shirt on you could still see all three delts Sweet!!!!

I do have a question for the reps. When I get the G8 is it ok to take on a full stomach? The reason I ask is I had to switch my workout to later in the evening. So now after lifting I will come home and eat my postworkout meal, and be going to bed shortly after.

turff49

turff49

Awards
It's best on an empty stomach, but to be honest I've not seen any difference. A lot of nights there is only an hour between my last consumption and going to bed and I sleep like a baby with G8.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's best on an empty stomach, but to be honest I've not seen any difference. A lot of nights there is only an hour between my last consumption and going to bed and I sleep like a baby with G8.
I don't really notice a difference either. Sometimes, if my carbs are way high right before bedtime, it'll take me a little longer to go to sleep. But that's it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OMG.. went the weekend with out.. slept miserably.. I had some g8 last night and what do ya know!
slept like a pro

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
OMG.. went the weekend with out.. slept miserably.. I had some g8 last night and what do ya know!
slept like a pro
I could of used it last night!! Got home from my work out at 10, in bed at 11, and finally fell asleep at midnight!! But then tossed and turned through the night, and was back up at 6:30 :frustrate

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
see that's the difference for me.. I still wake up to piss.. but the in between I just sleep instead of rolling around being mad!
I feel your pain brother.. I sure hope this works out for you, just out of pure sympathy

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well it looks like it is going to be hit or miss with the workout partner. He texted me today at work and asked if we could take the day off and lift tomorrow. I told him I would go ahead and lift today, and we would just hit something different tomorrow evening. Come to find out his wife has to work out of town the next three days, which is why he wanted to wait. Needless to say I went tonight anyway. I justed started a new job, and have a family at home. I have got to get my self on a schedule and not be skipping days, or only going when it is convenient for him.
This is why I workout alone... that and I don't have any friends

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
turff49

turff49

Awards
I sont workout with anyone but there are a few guys in the gym that we help each other out if we need it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I actually have a work out partner sometimes and hes on point. its hard to find and we don't always get to train together.. we havnt in the last 6 months.. but when we are on.. hes on time and trains super hard.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I actually have a work out partner sometimes and hes on point. its hard to find and we don't always get to train together.. we havnt in the last 6 months.. but when we are on.. hes on time and trains super hard.
My buddy will push it pretty hard if I can keep him on track and when he has his head in the game. He actually wanted to lift tongiht, but then talked through most of our workout, so my rest periods were longer than normal.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
No package yet, can't wait to get a good night sleep ;)

Long day at work again today, but I made it in to hit legs tonight. Glad I did, turned out to be a killer workout!

Squats- 5 x 5
335 x 5
355 x 5
375 x 5
395 x 5
405 x 5 :D

Leg extensions-
130 x 15
150 x 12
170 x 10
190 x 8
210 x 8

Standing leg curls-
50 4 x 10

Lying leg curls-
110 x 15
130 x 12
150 x 10
160 x 8 x 2

Finally got back to 405 x 5 with good form and not failing. I knew I could because I maxed at 505lbs a month ago. With my new job and being on my feet a good part of the day, I just haven't felt comfortable under a lot of weight. Not that it is to heavy, more that my legs are already somewhat fatigued when I get there.

Going to weigh myself in the morning and see where I am at. I am going to try to start getting a 5th meal in every day, if not at least an oats/protein shake for the extra cals.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yeah man.. way to go!.. shouldn't be long before your guys packages arrive.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
talked through most of our workout, so my rest periods were longer than normal.
This is why I can't do it. Motivational bud or not. My WO time is limited, and even 5 min off my total time is a lot.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Killed that one! ... 405 for 5.. nice!
Thank you, thank you :)

yeah man.. way to go!.. shouldn't be long before your guys packages arrive.
Good deal!!

This is why I can't do it. Motivational bud or not. My WO time is limited, and even 5 min off my total time is a lot.
Yes, it just kills my workout. We were easily in there twice as long as we should of been, on top of taking 30 mins even to get started.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
So this week will only be my 5th week on this routine but think this will be my last week. Hitting everything heavy twice a week is starting to effect my joints. My knees have been aching and have been having problems with my shoulder. Not sure what routine I will go to next week but I would like a 2 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off routine to follow. And geared more toward hypertrophy than strength. I'm limited on the number of weeks I have left to build and need to take full advantage of them, plus the SD should help some ;)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome job on the 405! Killing it man!

turff49

turff49

Awards
No package yet, can't wait to get a good night sleep ;) Long day at work again today, but I made it in to hit legs tonight. Glad I did, turned out to be a killer workout! Squats- 5 x 5 335 x 5 355 x 5 375 x 5 395 x 5 405 x 5 :D Leg extensions- 130 x 15 150 x 12 170 x 10 190 x 8 210 x 8 Standing leg curls- 50 4 x 10 Lying leg curls- 110 x 15 130 x 12 150 x 10 160 x 8 x 2 Finally got back to 405 x 5 with good form and not failing. I knew I could because I maxed at 505lbs a month ago. With my new job and being on my feet a good part of the day, I just haven't felt comfortable under a lot of weight. Not that it is to heavy, more that my legs are already somewhat fatigued when I get there. Going to weigh myself in the morning and see where I am at. I am going to try to start getting a 5th meal in every day, if not at least an oats/protein shake for the extra cals.
Helluva workout after being at work all day on your feet!. Awesome job on the 405x5. Love the stealth mention of 505 too!! Strong man strong...

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Helluva workout after being at work all day on your feet!. Awesome job on the 405x5. Love the stealth mention of 505 too!! Strong man strong...
Thanks man! I actually have a vid of the 505. It was a little nerve wracking getting under that much weight, but went up with pretty good form I think.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Went ahead and hit the gym tonight. Probably needed a day off, but I was off of work today and couldn't resist ;)

Pulled deads from the floor tonight. Just like Rackpulls it has been a long time, only because my previous routines didn't really call for them. So I didn't go to heavy but really focused on form.

Deads-
225 x 5 x2
275 x 5 x3

Seated V-grip cable rows-
240 3 x 8
160 x 25 BURN !!!

Barbell Curls-
70 4 x 14

Cambered bar machine curls- Single Arm
40 2 x 15

Holy pump !!! I start doing more of a Hyper routine and I am going to be swolen up everyday in the gym haha. I think the SD is starting to kick in ;)

Speaking of, we are going to start the John Meadows Reactive Pump Program Monday. Just by looking over it, it is completely different than what I have been doing, so it should spark some new growth.

Also weighed myself this morning and am up to 210. Hopefully I keep putting on some more size before I start

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you'll really like RP. I just started over at week 1 to give me time to set up his Demolition routine. I wasn't a fan of repeating weeks, so next time I'll do it in 6 weeks instead of 12.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same thoughts as you Thomas... jdg you will enjoy Meadows I am sure of that!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
That's what I'm talking about!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Trying to get myself ready for next week, I did some higher reps tonight. Not a lot of volume, still the basic lifts.

Chest, shoulders and tris

BB flat bench-
225 x 10
245 x 10
265 x 7
275 x 5
225 x 10
I wore out pretty quick on these and didn't have a spotter so I quit at 275 and dropped the weight.

Bodyweight Tricep dips-
3 x 15

Upright rows- 4 sets of 15
60, 70, 80, 90

Destroyer Sets- 30 sec rest between sets
55's x 50
30's x 30
20's x 20

I was blown up tonight!! My shoulders are still tight!!
Going to take the weekend off and start my new routine Monday. I have been hitting some pretty heavy weights and need to rest a few days haha

I took one scoop of the BCAA + SAA and mixed it with 12oz of water to drink during the last half of my workout. Even though the flavor is good, it is a little strong with only 12oz water. So I will fill the shaker cup up next time and see how it is.
Going to start with 1/2 scoop of the G8 tonight. I should get around 7.5 hours sleep tonight. I have to be up by 7 to go to work in the morning. But will post tomorrow night how well I slept.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I posted these in my other log so I figured I would post them here. These are post workout last night.

Little blurry

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
did a half a scoop do anything last night>? you look like a full scoop kinda guy in them pictures.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
did a half a scoop do anything last night>? you look like a full scoop kinda guy in them pictures.
Haha, actually it did help. I still woke up 3 times, but I slept very sound when I did. Also I went straight back to sleep after waking. Where normally it takes a little bit of tossing and turning after waking up to go back to sleep.

I have a very full day today. Gotta be at work in 20mins and wont be off until after 6 at least tonight. Then going on a hay ride this evening. But I will try a full scoop tonight. I will also add I didn't wake up groggy this morning. After about 3-4 mins of being awake I felt great!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
awesome to hear.. like I said .. I still wake up to piss a couple time per night.. but that my friend is exactly what I noticed.. also. its pretty awesome that you felt the effects from the very first serving!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good JD.

I mentioned this in someone else's log, but the BCAA/SAA mixes very well in a full shaker without being too sweet.i'll even sip on half of it and then add more water.

That's similar to how I sleep on half a scoop. It's perfect for me though. I'm okay with peeing, as long as I'm right back to bed.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Looking good JD. I mentioned this in someone else's log, but the BCAA/SAA mixes very well in a full shaker without being too sweet.i'll even sip on half of it and then add more water. That's similar to how I sleep on half a scoop. It's perfect for me though. I'm okay with peeing, as long as I'm right back to bed.
Everything you said!!
Always hope I don't sleep too good and still pee without getting up! lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are a monster