AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AntM Logs Finaflex G8 and BCAA+SAA

First off, I want to say thank you to the Finaflex team for allowing me to log these two products. This will be my first go around with Finaflex. I've read great things about G8 and who doesn't like their aminos! I have not recieved the products yet. However, I have some extra time today and wanted to get this up in case I am pressed for time when they do come in. Also, I will use this as a little "pre log" you will see what I mean in post two.

Goals

Currently, I am doing an aggressive mini cut at 2,000 cals a day. I have my protein up very high and carb cycle as well.

Diet

As I stated above, 2,000 cals daily, carb cycling, and high protein. I will post my daily macros when this log is up and running.

Training

I do a slightly modified version of the bodybuilding version of 5/3/1. I will post daily workouts once the log starts. I am also doing three cardio sessions weekly.

Other Supplements

Orange Triad
Oximega Fish Oil
NOW Vitamin C 500
NOW Vitamin D 5000 iu
Gut Health
PES Select
PES Norcodrene, but will be switching to Purus Labs' new fat burner
Betancourt Pump'd
CreMax

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First! heck YA!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I was thinking, what can be a cool part for this log. It came to me. I will be doing the following for the duration of the log. Until I start running G8, these results will basically be my baseline results. Ideally, I will start G8 next Sunday, giving us a week to see how my sleep is without it.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, I was thinking, what can be a cool part for this log. It came to me. I will be doing the following for the duration of the log. Until I start running G8, these results will basically be my baseline results. Ideally, I will start G8 next Sunday, giving us a week to see how my sleep is without it.

Interesting. How is that calculated?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. How is that calculated?
You sleep with your phone on your bed and it judges by body movement, I believe. That would make sense, that high spike between 11 and 12 and right before 4, I had to get up to use the bathroom. I have to figure out how to pause it when I use the bathroom.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You sleep with your phone on your bed and it judges by body movement, I believe. That would make sense, that high spike between 11 and 12 and right before 4, I had to get up to use the bathroom. I have to figure out how to pause it when I use the bathroom.
What about the spike at 2? I'd check the sheets...

That's pretty cool man. I'm kinda intrigued.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This will be interesting to say the least... sub'd up

turff49

turff49

Awards
In for this! Looks like this is going to be a scientific log!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about the spike at 2? I'd check the sheets...

That's pretty cool man. I'm kinda intrigued.
Don't know about that one. I wasn't awake, but lightly asleep. It came right after a deep sleep so maybe a dream gone wrong? Or good and I repositioned myself. I think it was just a reposition since it immediately went down.

And thanks for following everyone!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm in on this

Auntm1564, I noticed you are taking "Gut Health" you may want to give FinaFlex Muscle Fiber a shot, it is some goo stuff!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
In on this one!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
that app is cool ant... I may have to check that out on my phone.. of course I wake up in the same spot I fall asleep lately

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8 hours sleep... Lucky...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been thinking about getting one of the "Fitbit" or "Misfits"

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Subbed ... Interested to see how G8 looks with your fancy graph system. I know from personal experience that its the best sleep aid on the market today .... I've been experiencing the most restful sleep of my life. 8-10 hours every night ! Looking forward to your log!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm like an old man. I usually wake up at 530 or 6 so I go to bed at roughly 930

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm like an old man. I usually wake up at 530 or 6 so I go to bed at roughly 930
Who you calling an old man I go to bed at 9

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9-330. I'm cranky if I stay up later than that...

turff49

turff49

Awards
Geez! 2130 and up at 0415. Can catchup on sleep when I die...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am in Bed by 9 every night, Drinking Pre-Workout at 4:15am in the gym by 4:45.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am in Bed by 9 every night, Drinking Pre-Workout at 4:15am in the gym by 4:45.
I had my first early morning session this morning. It was hard getting up, but once I was in there, it was so easy. I kind like training fasted. I think I may experiment with it.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got my goodies in the mail today! I must say, I am excited about the flavor of the BCAA+SAA, that is what I would have asked for!

Sleep last night was bad between 330-530. I was tossing and turning at 330, woke up at 430 to use the bathroom and couldn't get back to sleep. I was thinking too much about my lesson for today. I will start logging on Sunday!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This one is going to be good...

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am very excited to see what happens here.. if its any thing like my experience this graph is going to blow minds..

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am very excited to see what happens here.. if its any thing like my experience this graph is going to blow minds..
I am going to take the average deep sleep cycle off G8 and get the average weekly while using it. This way, I can see if my deep sleep cycle increases and when it starts.

Here is last night's graph. In other news, today was my last day with the middle school kids, I miss them already :(

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good ridda...

Jk.
Sorry to hear bro. What grade are you moving to?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good ridda...

Jk.
Sorry to hear bro. What grade are you moving to?
I'm certified for 6-12. I thought I wanted to do high school until my middle school experience. Now, I think I want to teach middle school. Who knows. I start high school in a week.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
these graphs really show fairly remarkable consistency

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree with Snags.. this is a great addition to your log my friend.

On a side note, my wife is a teacher here in Toronto. Grade 2/3 split. Respect to you bro.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is last night. I had some bathroom problems, I will leave it at that. Hence the light sleep.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My deep sleep cycles are averaged to 46.5% from the following graphs. I am curious to see how G8 will change this. Tonight will be my first dose of that. I had my first scoop (10 grams measured) of BCAA+SAA today. My initial impression is the flavor is great. I was a little thrown off by the thickness of the drink. I had it in 24 ounces of water. It was not as thin as most other amino supps I have used. I would compare the thickness to AEN Intrabolic, but slightly thinner than that. This is my first time with SAA, so maybe that has to do with it. Who knows. All I know is it doesn't make a difference to me.

I only had a cardio session today, so this is more or less an informal entry. You'll all see the layout of my formal entries tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to go to bed tonight!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 1

The graph is below. I like the taste of G8. It is a little on the sweeter side for me. However, it is not overly sweet. I felt like I slept good, but the graph says otherwise. On a side note, I know when I am in a really deep sleep, I have weird dreams and drool a lot. I will add that in my posts if either of those occur. Anyways, it was the first night so I was not expecting miracles. One thing I did notice was 20-25 minutes after drinking G8, I felt very tranquil and relaxed.

Training

Military Press (3-5 minutes rest)

60x5
75x5
90x3
105x3
120x3
135x3
105x8

The 135 set was my plus set, however, I felt good at 3. I did not want to go for a fourth and arch my back nor did I want to use leg drive.

Seated Dumbbell Press (60-90 seconds rest)

55x7,7,6

Standing Side Dumbbell Raises (60-90 seconds rest)

25x9,8,8

Seated Smith Behind the Neck Press (60-90 seconds rest)

70x10,9,9

The weight is just the weights, not the bar

Rear Pec Deck (60-90 seconds rest)

110x12,11,8

Close Grip Bench Press (60-90 seconds rest)

125x8,8,8
135x6

Nutrition

Today was my "high" carb day. I put high in quotes because it is still pretty damn low lol

Cals - 2,000
Protein - 234
Carbs - 197
Fiber - 44
Fat - 32
Sat - 7
Poly - 2
Mono - 2

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
heres to some good ZZZZZZZZZZsss tonight dudebro. perhaps you were just "soniamexcite.jpg'ed" about trying it for the first time. I would have been after the week long pre log !

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now thats an update! Great detail bro. I love that feeling 20-30 minutes after dosing.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
also for got to add... adjust the water tonight, and add a couple ice cubes.. and just sip on it for a few mins.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You said it was your higher carb day... I dunno about you, but high carbs makes my sleep a little more restless. That said, G8 squashes that.

Hope you're pounding that sleep!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will give a formal update later, but I used 2 ounces more water and the sweetness was cut. Also, this graph is the best yet...

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You said it was your higher carb day... I dunno about you, but high carbs makes my sleep a little more restless. That said, G8 squashes that.

Hope you're pounding that sleep!
Same here... if i eat carbs before bed my sleep is pretty bad... and usually violent dreams. But like you, G8 takes care of it

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Same here on the carbs before bed. Really messes up my sleep so I try to taper down carb intake as the day progresses.