Spons: What Stim Break?! MST Caffeine Free RagNOrok-ELITE!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a big fan of caffeine. Some days I thing I have around 600-700mg of it over the course of the day. That means I'm also a big fan of pre-workouts. Unfortunately, I also know that kind of thing can take its toll on my adrenal glands. So after having not taken a stim break in over a year and a half...here goes!

Big, big thanks to jwa254 and MST for selecting me for this log and putting their money where their mouth is. I'm always appreciative of companies that do this. But enough supp whoring. Let's get straight to the log!

I added the red circle for emphasis.

I'm a big fan of this!

And the all important profile!

I'll post thoughts on taste, mixability, all that jazz after a few times of dosing. Same with the types of workouts I'm doing. For now and to keep this intro short, here's the damage report for my first session with RagNOrok-ELITE!

Warm Up
Arm circles--2x15
Rotator Cuff--2x15
Cable Crosses--4x15x20lbs (I like to change the angle on each set of these. I start high and keep dropping the cable chassis until its just below my shoulder by the 4th set.)

DB Prison Press--4x8x75lbs, 4x10x65lbs (These are on an adjustable bench. I start flat, do a set, then incline the bench a notch each set. After 4 sets, I reverse the process.)(1 min rest between sets)
DB Decline--4x12x45lbs (Weak because of shoulder pain) (30 secs rest)

French Press--2x12x30, 1x12x40 (1 minute rest)
Victory Press--3x15x25(30 secs rest)

Straight ext--2x12x85,70,60 (30 secs rest)

All I have to say is, "What's caffeine?" Seriously, just yesterday I used 300mg pre-workout and 100mg intra. Today I used nothing but didn't miss it a bit! My focus was intense! This could be the start of a beautiful relationship.

*sigh*And it's just the start! Better things to come :D Tune in tomorrow!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Better shot of the ingredients.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, keep going with this and the focal fury blend is no joke, I actually prefer the caff free version for the simple fact that there is a good dose of DMAE and Gluco so if you still want the caff you can just do a tab or a cup of coffee. Plus the Kreb Cycle intermediates and electrolytes is always awesome. I know a lot of hard work has been put into the new revamped Ragnarok and it is the most rounded and legit pre w/o on the market.

I'm interested in what kind of pump you are getting especially with the addition of the agmatine and betaine.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 2
Felt a little bit fuzzy still going into the gym today. I don't know if it's my glands realizing that I've gone caffeine-free or what! But, seriously, I didn't get the best night of sleep last night so I'm going to blame the fuzziness on that. Once I got to the gym everything fell into place.

I performed the same workout I did last Wednesday. It's a lower/heavy routine for back.

Warm Up
Narrow grip low row--1x20x70, 15x100

Single arm face pull-2x55,4x55,6x55,8x55,10x55 (no rests between sets)

Narrow grip lat pull--4x6x200,2x6x180 (1 min rest)

Kroc rows--3x12x80, 1x7x100 (1 min)

Wide cable low row-- 2x8x180,3x6x200 (45sec-1 min)

Underhand cable low row--2x8x160,1x8x180 (1 min)

I actually hit an extra rep on those heavy Kroc rows vs last week with caffeine! That's awesome! Even more so because I really hate doing them

Got a pic this morning of RagNOrok post-mixing--

I stirred it 10 times in both directions with about 10oz of water. I even let it sit for a couple of minutes, but it's still pretty sandy in the bottom. Now granted, there are a lot of ingredients in there. But, that still a lot of sand.

This isn't something I usually take into account for PWO myself. That's because I normally take it pixie-stick style: scoop directly into mouth and flush down with water. I do it both for time's sake and because it's mildly unpleasant which helps me wake up, too

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 3
I've started to feel some caffeine withdrawals, so I did go with a half-tab of caffeine this morning. I think I'm going to step down and use a half-dose (100mg) of caffeine every other day until maybe Monday or Tuesday. Needless to say, I had an awesome workout. Maintenance leg day!

Kb swings 2x15x35 (30 sec rest)
Stair mill 5min

Leg ext--4x10x120 (30 sec rest)

Leg curl--2x10x90,70 (30 sec rest)

Weighted run--backwards--20x68, forwards--20x68 (no rest)
Hammer Hack Squats--5x3x374, 5x6x234 (1 min rest)
Farmer walk-tabata session 65lb DBs

I normally hate leg day, but once again my focus was intense and this was another great workout. It was a little harder to judge the pump but it was there!

I hope to get a video up tomorrow with my reflections on how this stuff tastes!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last catch-up post from yesterday

Happy Friday, all!

Today was my high volume back day. I've found that frequently training one major bodypart while working the others at a maintenance level each week is something that works for me. Right now my concentration is my back on M,W,F. I do a mid-rep, low/heavy, and high-vol day each week. Here's today's damage report--

10/10
Underhand diverged rows 12x75,95,115,135,155,135,115,95,70 tofailure (30 secs rest)

rev flyes 12x120,15x105,105,105, 23x90 (45 secs rest)

Single arm lat pull 9x60, 15x48, 18x36, 25x24, 30x12 (no rest)

Wide grip low--100x84 (did this in 6 sets, no more than 15 secs rest)

And here's a goddawful vid I made. Remind me, no more videos before 6:00AM...

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you have adrenal fatigue nor do I think anyone else in the world does...it's a made up ailment/assessment coined by practitioners IMO ( I'm leaving it at that I know Mr Cooper69 has some great posts and he's the one that shined the light on me about the whole ordeal so enough with that )

Fuziness/Mailaise could be a myriad of things. One thing for damn sure high amounts of caffeine with heavy compound lifts will tax your CNS ( deadlifts being the culprit from experience ) just for the fact that it's really really easy to over-reach when stimulants are in your protocol. It's good to take a break from anything but I wouldn't advise quitting caffeine cold turkey, give it maybe a week or two but the benefits caffeine provide are pretty awesome as well, the problem is people just flat out ****ing over do it.

Get yourself some MVP,ZMK and call it a day...it's my day day protocol with a couple other things.....btw I'm am far far beyond being the expert.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you have adrenal fatigue nor do I think anyone else in the world does...it's a made up ailment/assessment coined by practitioners IMO ( I'm leaving it at that I know Mr Cooper69 has some great posts and he's the one that shined the light on me about the whole ordeal so enough with that )

Fuziness/Mailaise could be a myriad of things. One thing for damn sure high amounts of caffeine with heavy compound lifts will tax your CNS ( deadlifts being the culprit from experience ) just for the fact that it's really really easy to over-reach when stimulants are in your protocol. It's good to take a break from anything but I wouldn't advise quitting caffeine cold turkey, give it maybe a week or two but the benefits caffeine provide are pretty awesome as well, the problem is people just flat out ****ing over do it.

Get yourself some MVP,ZMK and call it a day...it's my day day protocol with a couple other things.....btw I'm am far far beyond being the expert.
Bolded the part that can't be said enough. I see some dudes in the gym telling me about how they take 3 scoops of some stim-riddled pre-workout and I can do nothing but shake my head. Some people will forever think that more is always better.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Bolded the part that can't be said enough. I see some dudes in the gym telling me about how they take 3 scoops of some stim-riddled pre-workout and I can do nothing but shake my head. Some people will forever think that more is always better.
It doesn't do me any benefit being cracked out of my mind on stims and that's the great thing about Ragnarok is it's emphasis isn't on stims.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I definitely have to watch that I don't fall into the "more is better" camp. The most I've ever taken of a pre is 2 scoops. Largely to see if the effects are worth the extra scoop. I also do it because I wonder about dosage/size correlation. You know, should I take the same dosage as a 150lb'er? That being said, today I went with a scoop and a half of RagNOrok to see if I might be able to tell a difference.

Wow! Got into the zone and didn't want to leave the gym! Just really dialed in and wanted to keep pressing on after I should've stopped! Focus, focus, focus!!

Warm up
Cable cross--4x15x25(from different angles)

Hammer flat--6x3x187,12x97 (45 sec rest on all sets)
Hammer incline--3x187,207,217,227,237,12x97
Hammer decline--3x187,207,217,217,207,207,12x97
Cable cross--4x6x43

Straight tri extension--12x50,65, 8x95,95,95

Single arm Rope kickbacks--12x25,25,25,25(no rests)

So now I have the dilemma, continue at 1.5 scoops or just do that on the days I need a little extra? Decisions, decisions...

Going to read up on some of Coop's posts regarding adrenal fatigue today!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today was a little lower intensity than normal as I was in the beginning stages of some seasonal crud. I used the 1.5 scoop dose and am still happy with the results on everything but the wide low rows. I had to back off the weight from last week a bit on those. But like I said, still a good workout!

10/15
Warm up
Face pull--2x15x60

Single arm Hammer low row--6x94,4x119,129,129,129,6x129,12x94 (30 sec rest)
Close grip lat pull--4x6x180,2x6x200 (1 min rest)
Wide grip cable low row--4x7x185,2x3x205 (1 min rest)
Underhand cable low row--2x8x145,185 (45 sec rest)

Barbell torques--8x8x25lbs

Thanks, man. I honestly don't think I can tell a difference between the two dosages. This weekend, I may try the 1.5 scoop for endurance testing. Otherwise, the focus and pump seems to be the same. That's pretty great since being 200+lbs, I sometimes have to use a scoop and a half to get optimal results from some preworkouts.

Today was a little lower intensity than normal as I was in the beginning stages of some seasonal crud. I used the 1.5 scoop dose and am still happy with the results on everything but the wide low rows. I had to back off the weight from last week a bit on those. But like I said, still a good workout!

10/15
Warm up
Face pull--2x15x60

Single arm Hammer low row--6x94,4x119,129,129,129,6x129,12x94 (30 se rest)
Close grip lat pull--4x6x180,2x6x200 (1 min rest)
Wide grip cable low row--4x7x185,2x3x205 (1 min rest)
Underhand cable low row--2x8x145,185 (45 sec rest)

Barbell torques--8x8x25lbs

Something to make up for a lackluster report--

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday I was still getting over my cold, so I just hit leg day hard enough to get a light sweat and my heart pumping good. Nothing to brag about, so I won't record the workout here.

Today, solidified my decision to stick at 1 scoop for the rest of the log. I'll probably continue to alternate days with 100mg or so of caffeine. RagNOrok is just really great for both focus and pumps at just one scoop! This morning I pixie-sticked a scoop and chased it with a half-tab of caffeine. That reminds me, I haven't noted how intense the BA "tingles" are from this stuff. After 5-10 minutes, they're there! I've taken other supplements that claim to have a clinical dosage of BA, but no tingles happen. It might be stupid, but I like to feel that BA is in a product I'm taking. Probably goes back to my first PWO that contained it. Still tingles every time I take it.

Today was high-volume day on the back. Felt good and pumped after I left the gym!

10/17
Hammer High row--Warm Up--2x15x90
4x12x180, 4x12x140, 30x130 (30 sec rest)

SuperSets (1 min rest between supersets)
Chest supported rev flyes--12x30,15,15,15,30x15
Chest supported underhand rows--12x30,30,30,30,30,30x30

Single arm lat pull--12x60,18x45,26x30,38x15 (no rest)

Single arm landmine rows--2x18x45 (no rest)

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha, the BA tingles are one of my favorite things, but I can totally understand some people not liking the tingles. Glad you're enjoying the focus and pump from the product. Looks like you had a fun workout. I love high volume.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ugh, Monday...

Woke up a little late today, but I wasn't about to let that keep me from wreaking RagNOrok havok in the gym! I slammed my supp. Felt that familiar tingle and and completed today's damage with 30-45 sec rest between sets...

10/20
Underhand barbell rows (elbows in)--2x15x95

Overhand bb rows (elbows flared)--8x185,205,205,205,185,185
DB pendelay rows (elbows flared)--4x10x45 pper hand
Landmine rows (elbows in)--8x100,115,115,125, 12x45
Cable upright rows--10x63, 3x8x83
Underhand diverged rows--50x90, 50x70

Oh yeah! Great pump across the upper back today!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Awesome looking workout. I love underhand rows.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! Me too, I really feel my lats engage better on underhand. Biceps get activated more too!

Had another great workout today. Really felt the stretch on those flyes and hitting moves with different grips. I'm thinking about taking a deload week and concentrating on major lifts next week. I've been lifting at 110% for about 7 weeks now and I'm feeling a bit "blah." My attitude may change by the weekend. But for now, that's my plan. While I'm in the gym, I'm still amped up and the endurance I'm getting from RagNOrok is incredible, but the rest of my day has me feeling low energy...we'll see what happens!

10/21
High Cable Crossovers--3x15x20 (20 secs rest)
Low Cable Crossovers--3x15x20 (20 secs rest)
Close Grip Incline--8x185,185,175,175 (45 secs rest)
Reverse Grip Incline--8x155,155,155,155,12x135
Flat DB Fly--4x8x35s

SS
Hammer seated dip
Neutral Grip then Reverse Grip--4x8x110 each

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Do what feels right, brotha. No one really knows your body better than you (or at least no one should).

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, man. Like most of us, I like to go wide open at the gym so the concept of de-loading is almost foreign to me. I've gone for longer periods without doing it before. But, I've usually changed up my workout scheme every month or so. I'm also hitting the gym 6 days most weeks as I use Saturdays to try out new exercises or work on something that I didn't hit hard enough through the week. Rest is something I don't get quite enough of through the week. I aim for 6.5-7 hours of sleep a night. I'm going to get a sleep aid over the weekend, too.

As has been the case this week, I wasn't feeling like hitting the iron until I got into the gym. Once I got going and felt RagNOrok kicking in, I surprised myself by hitting not one, but TWO PRs for strength! Boo-Yaa!

Face pull--3x15x70

Hammer High Row--6x3x270, 3x3x290, 1x4x300 (PR!),12x180
Narrow Grip Lat Pulldown-5x3x185,3x200,200,200,205,205 (PR!),12x120
Rack pull--5x1x415,5x3x385,12x205
Wide pullover--100x50 (4 sets)

My plan for next week is to back off on both volume and weight next week. I'm thinking 5x5 compunds M,W,F and cardio T, Tr. But, we'll see!

And just because...

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
wowza. dat pic.

I just got from work to a nice package from MST :D. Mixed a scoop of caffeine rag + caffeine free. This should be fun.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wowza. dat pic.

I just got from work to a nice package from MST :D. Mixed a scoop of caffeine rag + caffeine free. This should be fun.
Oh heck yeah! How did you like it? I'm telling you, the mix of nootropics with the caffeine is for me!

This morning I started the de-load. My goal is to still get a good sweat and decent pump without too much CNS stimulation. I dosed with the usual about 30 minutes before hitting the gym and performed the following with 20-30 secs of rest between sets.

10/27
DL--5x5x135
OH BB row--5x5x115
DB inc press--5x5x60s

Cybex Arc Trainer--18 min for 300kcal (according to machine[A2M])

BB Clean and press--5x5x70
KB squat--5x5x35s (a2g)

Haha, I was reminded of just how long it's been since I did any cardio beyond a warm-up! But, all in all, a decent workout where I felt accomplished without feeling overtaxed later in the afternoon. The RagNOrok carried me straight through it and my endurance was great!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely loved it. Been just dosing caffeine tab with one scoop of caff free in the AM before work as my coffee replacement.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It really is legit! The pump and focus is great!!

Happy Candy Binging Day!!!

After a few days of lighter stuff, it seemed like today would be a good day to get back to business. I've been keeping at 1 scoop a day of RagNOrok all week. Today I added the 100mg of caffeine back to it and decided to superset chest and back. I may got along with this same scheme for the next 6 weeks or I may concentrate more on the chesticles. Not sure yet, but I'll get it figured out.

10/31
Warm-Up
Face Pulls--2x15x72
Pushups--2x15xBW

All pairs supersetted
DB Incline Press--4x6x80s (1st notch on adjustable bench)
OH BB Row--4x6x185

DB Incline Press--4x12x60s
UH BB Row--4x12x135

Flat Flyes--3x3x50s Dat dere PR!
Chest Supported Row--3x3x70s

Pec Deck--2x16x100
Reverse Flyes--2x16x100

And my favorite candy this time of year...

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I had far too much candy yesterday and the day before. And quite a few beverages :D. Good times, though

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Started out an emphasis on chest and away from back this morning. I'm still working some details out on the next couple of months worth of workouts, though. I have to say, I've only got about a week's worth of product left for this log and it still feels like it did during the first week. I continued taking it during the de-load last week. And the effects just haven't died down! I still have increased endurance, great focus and pumps. I'm really quite amazed as normally my body would have acclimated a bit more.

Today's damage report--
11/3
Cable Crossovers--6x8x15 (started above shoulder height and dropped height between sets--no rests)

Board press--8x155, 3x8x135
Prison press--4x8x70s

Superset (45 secs rest)
Arnold press--4x8x55s
Lat raise--4x8x35s

Superset 945 secs rest)
Descending Prison flyes--4x8x30s
French press--4x8x75

Then, I still had energy in spades. So I decided to do some band work to really get my pump on. I grabbed a red band (don't know the tension) and worked on lat raises. Decided to do some overhead tricep extensions with a grey/silver band. I left the silver band on the mounting system they hook onto for storage. Well, about 7 reps in, this happened...

The mount ripped loose from the wooden wall and decked me in the back of the head! Might take the day off from the iron tomorrow. We'll see!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had far too much candy yesterday and the day before. And quite a few beverages :D. Good times, though
Very good times indeed!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiosity, have you noticed any differences in dreams since dosing Rag? Not saying you should, but I have been noticing since I started dosing the caffeine free version, my dreams have been rather odd, surreal like. Maybe I'm just weird.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think so. I started taking 1mg of melatonin a week and a half ago and my dreams have amped up since then. But, I don't recall any difference before then. Could it be the nootropics in Rag? You sticking to 1 scoop or dosing with more?

I took Tuesday off and hit the gym hard again yesterday. With RagNOrok coursing through my veins, I managed to hit two more PRs for strength. This time on chest. This morning I hit a PR on trap bar deads--475x3!! Yeah!

Crazy times right now. But I just wanted to check in since it's been a couple of days. Hopefully I can be more detailed tomorrow!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Dosing 1 scoop of the reg in the morning, 1 scoop of the caffeine free kind in the evening. The DMAE might be responsible.

Congrats on the PR though

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What have you noticed the biggest difference to be between regular and caffeine-free? Obviously, the energy is going to be different, but how noticeable is it?

AAAAHHHHHH!!! I think I'm down to only one scoop! I'm probably going to save it for my next chest workout on Wednesday

Descending Cable Crossover-- 8x10x15s (no rest)

Prison press--4x8x75s (30-45 seconds rest)

Superset
Arnold press--8x55s,50s (only got 2 sets before my impingement started flaring up)
Lat raise--4x8x35s

SuperSet
Prison flyes--4x8x40s
Oh tri press--4x8x50,60,70,80

Tri Extensions--4x12x55

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I feel like the focus is a little more zoned in and calm with the caffeine free version, although there isn't that much caffeine in 1 scoop of the caffeinated version (at least as far as stim junkies would consider). I definitely feel it has some cumulative effects on my sleep though (positive ones) as before I was just dosing the caffeinated version and sleep was normal. After starting to dose the caffeine free version, I've been sleeping through the whole night (something I very rarely do) without interruption.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel like the focus is a little more zoned in and calm with the caffeine free version, although there isn't that much caffeine in 1 scoop of the caffeinated version (at least as far as stim junkies would consider). I definitely feel it has some cumulative effects on my sleep though (positive ones) as before I was just dosing the caffeinated version and sleep was normal. After starting to dose the caffeine free version, I've been sleeping through the whole night (something I very rarely do) without interruption.
Very nice. I look forward to trying out the caffeinated version and comparing the two. I do like the steady focus of non-caffeinated, though!

11/13/14

Final Review

RagNOrok Elite is the third non-caffeinated PWO that I've used in the past couple of years. The second one in the past 7 months. It is by far, the most effective of the three! I've hit personal records the last two weeks of this log. My pumps have been outstanding. My focus has been consistent! Taking a scoop of this with a little caffeine is a very potent combo!
Granted, it doesn't mix the best. But it tastes great and 1 scoop is all it took to feel the effects of RagNOrok! I HIGHLY recommend it not only for stim breaks but as a preworkout and general health tonic, period! This is a great product and again I am very grateful to Millennium Sport Technologies for letting me log RagNOrok Elite!

9 out of 10 I only took one off because I don't know how pricing looks yet...