Sponsored Log : IronForged KingPin

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,

I've fortunately been selected by Iron Forged Supplements to run their new test booster : KinPin. You guys can find it over at TGBSupplements :).

If any of you followed my other thread you know I'll be posting every day with routines diet etc and give this product the best opportunity I possibly can!

I'll be stacking it with Xfactor (ArA) solo.

Hope you're all in for a great log, I'll be doing my very best to keep it updated and answer all questions!

My previous follidrone/viron log was : http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/251413-follidrone-formeron-mass550-10.html

I gained 6.5kg in 10 weeks (4 weeks of these I was out the gym sick), so hoping for better results this run! 8-10kg of solid weight in 10 weeks is definitely possible if my diet and training is on point!

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Awesome Subbed

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Felt really lethargic from holiday yesterday, combined with work, so starting today.

Decided against running Dermacrine for now, dont want to mess about with suppression. Also just taking Xfactor solo, dont really think I need to mess about with the GMS/aspirin/Alcar500.

My supplements i'll be taking this run:

Alphamine - 2 scoops in the morning
Iron Forged KingPin - 1 cap with 2 meals, 1 pre bed
Orange Triad Vitamins - 3 with breakfast, 3 with lunch
Xfactor OG - 4 PWO
Chaos & Pain Permaswole - 2 scoops PWO

Would taking fish oil 5 hours away from taking ArA hurt my gains? Jiigzz

Need to get myself a gym partner, my house mate is constantly playing rugby/hockey, so always going gym solo, and my previous gym partner has moved to London now, so its a bit annoying.

Regardless, looking forward to working out today, its been about 2 weeks since I've touched any weights!

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Didnt take any photos, but here is my photo from barcelona (the only day it didnt rain), so will be using this for comparison

And yes, I know I have chicken legs haha, I command them to grow but they do not listen. Considering upping my squats to 3x a week

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
IFNutrition kisaj ma70 TheMovement NattyForLife @brundel goodvibes Magdalena kenpoengineer ELROCK wolfpack893 puccah8808

get in here :D

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In!

Would taking fish oil 5 hours away from taking ArA hurt my gains? Jiigzz
I think 4+ hours is the best time to dose fish oil (if you want to use fish oil), or actually any anti-inflammatories.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
In! I think 4+ hours is the best time to dose fish oil (if you want to use fish oil), or actually any anti-inflammatories.
That's perfect then, will take fish oil just before bed.

Glad to have you aboard big guy!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Fish oil does still work against Ara by displacing it from the cell membrane, but it should still exert an acute effect. Fish oil in a large bolus is likely the worst thing you can use with Ara as it does work against Ara in every way (you can look up EFA interactions).

If possible, use another anti inflam like Cissus or Joint support that excludes Fish oil. But if not, just dose 4+ hours away

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Fish oil does still work against Ara by displacing it from the cell membrane, but it should still exert an acute effect. Fish oil in a large bolus is likely the worst thing you can use with Ara as it does work against Ara in every way (you can look up EFA interactions). If possible, use another anti inflam like Cissus or Joint support that excludes Fish oil. But if not, just dose 4+ hours away
Why on earth have they put fish oil in XFA, makes no sense :(

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Why on earth have they put fish oil in XFA, makes no sense :(
I will just go with the idea that the dose is too small to cause any major confliction. In saying that, I encourage anyone to buy OG Xfactor over it any day.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot going on in here already.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
So, had my first gym session back in 2 1/2 weeks today. Took it very light, just wanted to get into the swing of things. Went about 60% on most things

Back Squats

133 x 10
155 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5

Deadlifts

140 x 20
177 x 10
177 x 10
177 x 10

3 variations of pullups - Neutral Grip, Wide Neutral Grip & Chin ups

0 x 5
0 x 5
0 x 5
0 x 5
0 x 5
0 x 5

Calve Raises

220 x 15
220 x 15
220 x 15

Bicep Machine

100 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 10

Laat Pulldown

144 x 10
144 x 10
144 x 10

Wanted to smash some leg press but 3 tools were sat on it talking for about 10minutes, got frustrated so left.

Ran home, which took about 45mins, was good to get some cardio in after eating so much crap on holiday.

Got a light session of bench, military press, close grip bench, wide grip pullups & dips tomorrow, about 70% on each.

Will do some more squats and deadlifts on saturday, then take sunday off.

Starting next week I'm going to start heavy again and get this mother fker rolling.

Going to be doing 5x5 on all things, moving up 2.5kg each lift the next time I do it if I complete 5x5

Excited is putting it lightly!

Goals for the 8-10 weeks

1RM

Bench 265 x 1
Squat 265 x 1
Deadlifts 385 x 1
Military Press 165 x 1

Yes, my squat is low for an aim, but my my legs are genetically miserable, seems to take forever to take them to grow. Going to try squatting 3x a week heavy and break through some plateaus. May do 2 x heavy sessions and 1 x hypertrophy for squats

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3xWK leg work is a lot. I'd recommend starting with two and see how that goes. Your goals should be achievable.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IFNutrition kisaj ma70 TheMovement NattyForLife @brundel goodvibes Magdalena kenpoengineer ELROCK wolfpack893 puccah8808

get in here :D
Megatron has joined the party! Do work SON!!!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I myself am hitting legs twice a week and love it. 3 would probably knock my socks off

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was doing 1 heavy day and 1 hypertrophy day before. May stick to that but increase volume
It's just a huge group of muscles to hit practically every other day.

I've been wanting to do 2/wk, but it takes me 4 or more days to recover from leg day (usually).

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
It's just a huge group of muscles to hit practically every other day.

I've been wanting to do 2/wk, but it takes me 4 or more days to recover from leg day (usually).
The thing ins, there is a fine line between waiting to fully recover and hitting the muscle group again. I normally have leg doms for 5 days, but as soon as you've warmed up they disappear. Some people just get leg doms more than others, but if I was always waiting until my doms had gone, I'd only hit them 1 week for the rest of the time I gym, and thats not beneficial when I want them to grow. 2 is a good amount though, youre right.

Im going to be gyming 5 x a week, with the following workouts.

Day A : Squats, deadlifts, 3x pullups, leg press, calve raises, laat pulldown bicep machine
Day B : Bench, Military Press, Close Grip Bench Press, Wide Grip Pullups, Dips
Day C : Core and isolation (ab roller, hanging raises, front/side laateral raises, different angle press ups, anything else I randomly add).

Routine will be:

Monday : Day A
Tuesday : Rest (cardio - run home from work)
Wednesay : Day B
Thursday : Rest (cardio - run home from work)
Friday : Day A
Saturday : Day B
Sunday : Core

I know the lay out is weird, but my training partner can't gym on Tuesdays or Thursdays so its gotta be like this. The core day will be done some weeks, and some weeks not, depending if I have to go out on Saturday nights, my friends are very insistent sometimes, haha

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks good to me.

I dunno about about warming up and no DOMs. Lol.

Since I've been doing MountainDog, I do BW squats to get blood flowing days after leg day, and I struggle on those. I couldn't imagine throwing weight on my back.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Looks good to me.

I dunno about about warming up and no DOMs. Lol.

Since I've been doing MountainDog, I do BW squats to get blood flowing days after leg day, and I struggle on those. I couldn't imagine throwing weight on my back.
At the end of the day, my goal is to get my legs bigger, I know by squats and deadlifts on the same day I'll be sacrificing max deadlift weight, but it lets me do both 2 x a week, which I think will help them grow. Anyway, trial and error, guess we'll have to wait and see!

Thanks for following the log man

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
After Jiigzz comment's, im not going to take fish oil at all on this run, and save it for post ArA run, if the doms/joints get unbearable, I have some Animal Flex at home, and may pick up some cissus

Ive also switched to XF OG, will sell on the XFA and just buy another bottle of XF OG

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Huh. Never heard this before.
Nor had I until I was linked that article. Low and behold, upon stopping, my hair has thickened incredibly fast.

Examine.com is very reputable, so its not hearsay

Obviously this only matters if male pattern baldness runs in your family; my dad & mothers dad are both almost bald

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nor had I until I was linked that article. Low and behold, upon stopping, my hair has thickened incredibly fast.

Examine.com is very reputable, so its not hearsay

Obviously this only matters if male pattern baldness runs in your family; my dad & mothers dad are both almost bald
It doesn't run in my family, but, I razor my head. Was thinking about tripling my creatine doses. lol

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't run in my family, but, I razor my head. Was thinking about tripling my creatine doses. lol
youre a madman haha. I could never shave off my boyband hair. Did it once for charity, the most painful 2 months of my life!

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
youre a madman haha. I could never shave off my boyband hair. Did it once for charity, the most painful 2 months of my life!
Really nice session today, will update tonight when I get back from friends :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It just gets so hot here in the summer. Not having hair helps a little.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
In! I will be working on my chicken legs too! haha

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Havent updated since Friday, sorry guys!

Did my upper body compound session, was supposed to go light but wanted to see what my body was capable of given the large lay off.

Bench Press

110 x 10
177 x 5
177 x 5
177 x 5
177 x 5
177 x 5
220 x 1 (happy with this, especially after 5 sets)

Military Press

45 x 10
90 x 5
90 x 5
90 x 5
90 x 5
90 x 5

Thing that sucks about doing military press and bench on the same day is the bench knackers your shoulders out so much, you dont have that much to give to military press. I might rotate the order of this as I do both exercises twice a week.

Tricep Push down

210 x 10
210 x 10
210 x 10

Would of done close grip bench instead, but some little try hards were on the bench for about 30minutes so couldn't jump on

Wide Grip Pullups

0x7
0x7
0x7

Will start doing weighted pullups as of this week

Dips

0 x 18
0 x 12
0 x 10

Will start weighted dips this week also.

Didn't get a single minute of sleep last night, played computer games all weekend because the weather was dreadful, pretty sure it made my brain too active and couldnt sleep, so feel like aids this morning Alphamine hasnt really helped and has just given me a huge headache, oh well. Not going to bail on the gym, but will probably do a core day today as I'm not going to have decent energy to hit compounds, and I dont really want to be failing on all my lifts.

On a note re kingpin, I've already been getting some random acne, which means its definitely working, unfortunately its a god damn face spot!!! haha.

Need to look at the effects of taking NMDA near bed time, see if it has anything to do with insomnia etc, will do a bit of research and report back.

Finally, for anyone that has hair thinning etc, I've been using nizoral every other day with a good conditioner, combined with dropping creatine from my stack, and the results have been INSANE. I was thinning noticeably on top, after 12 days of nizoral + no creatine, my thickness has come back in abundance, very impressed!

Also completely dropped any fish oil from my diet for this run, will take Animal Flex if need be

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered 1mg of melatonin (180 caps) to help my sleep out. Apparently for people with my condition, 3 hours before bed is best.

Currently until that arrives, I've got some prescription tablets for this week, then can sort it out on the weekend when I dont have to worry about work the next day :)

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Despite feeling awful all day decided to go to the gym. Won't go into figures as it was all core stuff but did;

Pull-ups , short and wide neutral handles
Wide set press ups
Triangle press ups
Normal press ups
Arnie Press
Front/side lateral raises
Chest press
Seated row
Shrugs

Finished it off with some cycling as i ripped the ligaments on the outside of my left foot running home. Still very sore, hoping it's okay for squats and dead lifts on Wednesday.

Both of my current gym partners can't make Tuesdays but I'm going to go up and do some hypertrophy upper body compounds solo tomorrow, then lower body compounds on Wednesday

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Ankle feels a bit better today. Since I'm going solo I think I'm actually going to squat and deadlift today, then run home. If my ankle goes tits up I'm in a world of trouble!

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
You mentioned you couldn't sleep and you take melatonin 3 hrs before bed? What other type of sleep aids have you tried? And yeah those games will mess with your sleep big time.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
You mentioned you couldn't sleep and you take melatonin 3 hrs before bed? What other type of sleep aids have you tried? And yeah those games will mess with your sleep big time.
I actually dont take anything before bed, as of yet. I have 1mg melatonin on the way. will be taking 1, 3 hours before bed.

Ive tried every sleep aid : Abyss, ZMA, 3Z, HGHPro, etc etc. None have worked. Smoking before bed helped a little but Ive kicked that habit. I briefly used melatonin in the passed when my friend had some, and it definitely worked. Can combat the wake up fogginess with alphamine, so going to be hitting that combo daily when the melatonin arrives :)

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Going to another gym tonight to test it out with a friend. Apparently its chest day in his world, so looks like ill be doing a predominently chest heavy session tonight instead boys

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

I've fortunately been selected by Iron Forged Supplements to run their new test booster : KinPin. You guys can find it over at TGBSupplements :).

If any of you followed my other thread you know I'll be posting every day with routines diet etc and give this product the best opportunity I possibly can!

I'll be stacking it with Xfactor (ArA) solo.

Hope you're all in for a great log, I'll be doing my very best to keep it updated and answer all questions!

My previous follidrone/viron log was : http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/251413-follidrone-formeron-mass550-10.html

I gained 6.5kg in 10 weeks (4 weeks of these I was out the gym sick), so hoping for better results this run! 8-10kg of solid weight in 10 weeks is definitely possible if my diet and training is on point!
Subbed... lets do it bro!

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
So as I said yesterday, went to a new gym to try out. Not used to completely smashing one muscle group, but ended up spending 2 hours on chest/tri's , in absolute agony this morning. Cant exactly remember all the weights and everything done but ill have a go at it

Bench Press

177 x 5
177 x 5
177 x 5
177 x 5
177 x 5

Dips

0 x 15
0 x 12
0 x 12

Incline Barbell Press

100 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 8
100 x 6

Seated Tricep Push down super setted with rope pulldowns

200 x 10
200 x 10
200 x 10

66 x 10
66 x 10
66 x 10

Skullcrushers supersetted with skullcrush chest press

66 x 10 / 10
66 x 10 / 10
66 x 10 / 10

Cable Flys

66 x 10
66 x 10
66 x 10

Chest Press Machine

100 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 10

We did some random shoulder stuff too but it wasnt really significant. Was amazing to go to a gym full of so much equipment, I was definitely one of the smallest guys there so definitely considering changing up gyms. Its decent motivation to be surrounded by big people

I believe I'm going to hit my deadlifts and squats today, took a sleeping tablet last night and I feel like I have a sleep hangover still, dont think i'll be taking one of those again, haha.

After speaking to IF, Im going to start supplementing my kingpin 3 pre bed, for the sleep benefits. Will try this for a few days (not take sleeping tablets) and report on my findings, so people know whether supplementing NMDA before bed actually helps, especially if it aids someone with sleeping problems as bad as I.

IF also have a new anabolic called Most Wanted coming out. It looks very pricey but if you look at the purity and the ingredients included, you can conclude this is probably the strongest natural anabolic ever released. Fingers crossed I get selected to log it and let you guys know how it goes! IF I selected, I'll be stopping ArA to run the anabolic instead, just an FYI

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may have already suggested this before, but I use an app called Jefit to log my WOs. It just keeps a calendar of sorts for my progress.

Strong push downs bro!

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I may have already suggested this before, but I use an app called Jefit to log my WOs. It just keeps a calendar of sorts for my progress.

Strong push downs bro!
Ill download it now mate, thank you for the recommendation :).

I can definitely up my pushdowns, but at my gym the machine doesn't have a seatbelt, and because I only weigh 170, when I go over 200+, I cant keep my hips in the seat, may need to get my friends to push my hips down or put a 25kg weight on my lap

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
In 2 minds as to whether im gyming today, 3 days in a row might be pushing it and my brain seems frazzled. I had incredibly vivid dreams last night ,but remember waking from them about 5-6 times, hence why i seem to have some bad lethargy right now. Im blaming the sleeping tablet. May sack off gym today, take my 3 kingpin post bed, and train thurs/fri/sat, so id still be hitting gym 5 times this week

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's nothing wrong with a rest (grow) day, especially if you are feeling it's due.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
This sleep is really becoming an issue. Just couldn't sleep again last night, not sure if I react bad to NMDA near bed, like I do with every single supplement, so not to take anything away from KingPin. Ive actually read NMDA before bed helps you get into deep sleep, so im sure for 99% of people it works, I'm just that oddball!

Seems I havent had a good nights sleep since Saturday / about 2-3 hours a night tops. Defintely wearing me down and the only reason I'm functioning is due to Alphamine in the morning carrying me through. Really dont wana not do any exercise today, so will do my very best to hit the gym, something is better than nothing, even when feeling like this.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Think I'm going to make sure I've taken all my supplements by 5pm latest from now on, should give me adequate time before bed. Lets see if this works

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That really sucks man.

Think I'm going to make sure I've taken all my supplements by 5pm latest from now on, should give me adequate time before bed. Lets see if this works
Hmm. I've heard people say that if they take anything after 4 PM they're up all night. Just something to consider.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
That really sucks man.

Hmm. I've heard people say that if they take anything after 4 PM they're up all night. Just something to consider.
The only thing id take at 5pm would be my non stim pre workout - PermaSwole , by chaos & pain, does that look okay to take at 5?

Yeah its really a nagging issue. I used to smoke to deal with it, but that isnt a long term solution and has a bunch of negative sides