EvoMuse BMP Beta Testing

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone, Dsade has been kind enough to let me test his new BMP product. Go like his Facebook page (Evolutionary Muse) and you might get to test something next time.

A little bit about me - 6'3, 265 lbs or so, probably 18-22% BF. Goal is increase strength and slowly shed some fat as a few buddies from the gym have convinced me to do a local powerlifting competition next April and I'd like to get down to the 242 weight class. I will get an official starting weight and pics on Wednesday or Thursday.

I started a new workout routine recently, have switched from higher reps/volume to the Wendler 5-3-1 routine to improve my max lifts. Workout consists of low reps of four main lifts (bench, squad, dead, shoulder press) along with 5 sets of 10 for a few ancillary exercises. Link to the workout is below if interested (sorry if I am not supposed to link to this site) - T Nation | 5/3/1: How to Build Pure Strength

Diet - I do an intermittent fasting diet where I eat pretty much all of my calories between 7:30 PM and 1 AM. Don't track macros very closely, just shoot for 200+ gms protein each day and ~200 gms carbs on my lifting days, <50 gms carbs on my off days.

Supplements: Vit B complex, Vit C, D3, Fish oil, NoXidant, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Green Tea, Creatine, BCAA, Whey. 3 caps of an old bottle of RPM before each lifting session. All of these are supps I have been taking consistently as my goal is to have BMP be the only change.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Now that the background is out of the way, on to day 1

Monday is my bench day (along with everyone else with a gym membership)

Took my BMP dose (~3/4 of a teaspoon) in a tissue parachute about an hour before the gym. I seemed to notice the euphoria that someone mentioned in the BMP thread a little after dosing - however, I think I may have been influenced by reading his post. Think I am going to avoid reading other logs until I am done so I am not influenced by anyone else's perceptions, both good and bad.

Day 1 notes:

- no stomach issues after dosing (seems fairly common with many of the herbal products)
- no anxiety post dosing (I am fairly susceptible to this, I have cut back on stims and usually do a 1/2 to 2/3 dose of preworkouts)
- no headache, light headedness, etc
- seemed to feel "pumped" really early on in my workout? Pump seemed to start much earlier, like only 2-3 sets in
- seemed to have less fatigue late in my workout - my current routine is pretty heavy on volume and I felt good throughout. Wasn't easy but seemed easier than the last few times

That's all I can think of so far...I will add if I think of anything else. Considering this is only day one, it's very possible the pump and increased endurance were mostly mental. I'll continue to watch for this.

Workout below, I will track these to monitor any big strength gains. Might not show us a whole lot because most of my sets are already mapped out but still good to keep track.

Flat barbell bench - 215 x 3, 245 x 3, 275 x 5 (3rd set is to failure)
Flat Barbell bench w/ bands - 185 x 10 for 5 sets (pause at bottom, fast going up)
Dips (no weight) - 10, 10, 10, 9, 8
Incline - 185 x 10, 10, 9, 9, 8

Tomorrow is an off day, Wednesday will be deadlifts/back and shoulder press.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see another log!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for this, bro! Hope this helps you get to your PL goals.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Okay, report for workout 2 on this stuff...

Notes: Again, no stomach issues or anxiety. Only effect I am noticing after dosing is the slight tingling afterwards - still not sure if that's just in my head?

The main thing I noticed this time around, not sure if it's the BMP or placebo - I felt very good muscular endurance as I went through my workout. Not necessarily energy or intensity like you'd get from a preworkout, but I guess the best way to describe it would be that my muscles did not seem to fatigue as quickly as usual? Workout today was tough with a bunch of deadlifts but I felt really good, even like I could keep going at the end. Felt awesome in the gym today.

Workout today -

Deadlifts - 315x3, 345x3, 385x9; 315x8 for 5 sets
Shoulder press - 135x3, 145x3, 155x14
Nautilus Pulldown - 230x10 for 5 sets

Snapped two quick pics on my way out, didn't realize how bad they were until I got home and pulled them up on computer. I will get a couple more next time I am in so that we can get a better before and after by the end.

http://imgur.com/G6zrmj1

http://imgur.com/bvmyB2O

I weighed myself today and came in at 262. They have one of those scales where you hold the handles and it gives you a bodyfat percentage but I couldn't get it to work. I will see if I can get someone there to help me get it to work. Pretty sure those are not accurate but it may give some sort of perspective from beginning to end of testing.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Workout 3...

Did a quick arm workout, main thing I noticed again was the continued muscular endurance. Felt really good throughout the whole workout.

Still no nausea or sides, tolerating this stuff really well.

Pump also felt really strong.

Not sure if BMP related but I think I have had better sleep the last few days. Had a lot of calories last night and woke up feeling very warm this AM. Warm feeling subsided as the day went on. Warm feeling was comparable to how I felt when I carbed up on Brite.

Workout numbers for today:
Close grip bench: 185x10, 225x 5 for 4 sets, 185x15 - supersetted with DB Curls - 35sx8 for 5 sets
One hand overhead dumbbell extension - 45x12 for 4 sets, supersetted with preacher curls - 65x10 for 4 sets

Squats tomorrow, will post how it goes.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HAPPY SQUAT DAY!

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Bah, I'm never happy for squat day.

Felt pretty good today but not as good as the last few workouts. I messed around and went to bed way late so I am sure that's part of it. Probably also because I kinda hate squats.

Still no noteworthy negative issues to report thus far. Believe I am still getting the euphoria after dosing, but less pronounced it seems. Might have just adjusted to it. I go to the gym right after work so I dose it and sit in my cube and space out waiting for 5 o'clock to come.

Workout today looked like this:

Squat - 275x3, 315x3, 345x4 - felt pretty good but my knee felt a little iffy. not bad enough to stop the workout but enough to cut my heavy AMRAP set short with probably a few reps left
Box squat - 225x10 for 5 sets
45 degree hyperextensions - 45 lb plate x 10 for 5 sets, with some super sets of leg extensions mixed in there
10 mins cardio on elliptical - I have always found that some light cardio actually helps me with post-leg workout soreness/stiffness.

Took a couple more pics, really just trying to get some decent before pics so I can post up again at the end and see any changes

http://imgur.com/pmQm2sA
http://imgur.com/uVtzp2i

I have been intentionally avoiding other logs since I started mine so I am not swayed by other people's observations, but before I decided to do that I saw someone mention joint pain. I am only a week in but I personally have not noticed that at all so far other than my knee bothering me today - that's not necessarily BMP related as I injured it a few years ago and it still bothers me every now and then.

Forgot to mention I have been doing the Tums preworkout protocol Matt mentioned since the beginning as well. Never tried it before so not sure how much of an effect it is having.

Will likely take the weekend off and get back at it on Monday. Thanks to everyone following along.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Been doing AMRAP for 9weeks now as a part of my study, I just call the plus sets lol. Good log in here!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hello everyone, Dsade has been kind enough to let me test his new BMP product. Go like his Facebook page (Evolutionary Muse) and you might get to test something next time.

A little bit about me - 6'3, 265 lbs or so, probably 18-22% BF. Goal is increase strength and slowly shed some fat as a few buddies from the gym have convinced me to do a local powerlifting competition next April and I'd like to get down to the 242 weight class. I will get an official starting weight and pics on Wednesday or Thursday.

I started a new workout routine recently, have switched from higher reps/volume to the Wendler 5-3-1 routine to improve my max lifts. Workout consists of low reps of four main lifts (bench, squad, dead, shoulder press) along with 5 sets of 10 for a few ancillary exercises. Link to the workout is below if interested (sorry if I am not supposed to link to this site) - T Nation | 5/3/1: How to Build Pure Strength

Diet - I do an intermittent fasting diet where I eat pretty much all of my calories between 7:30 PM and 1 AM. Don't track macros very closely, just shoot for 200+ gms protein each day and ~200 gms carbs on my lifting days, <50 gms carbs on my off days.

Supplements: Vit B complex, Vit C, D3, Fish oil, NoXidant, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Green Tea, Creatine, BCAA, Whey. 3 caps of an old bottle of RPM before each lifting session. All of these are supps I have been taking consistently as my goal is to have BMP be the only change.
Subbed

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Still feeling pretty good, really starting to notice that it seems like my DOMS are going away faster than normal. I seemed to actually notice more DOMS/soreness with Myosyngergy - wonder what would happen if you stack the two? I will likely try that down the line (hope we see a combo sale!)

Not sure if it's related, but noticed some tightness in my calves today. Went out of town this weekend so had a ~5 hour drive Saturday AM and a ~5 hour drive Sunday night, so maybe it was related to that? No cramping but kinda had the feel like they could potentially cramp. Never actually had any issues though.

Bench workout for today:

Flat bench - 230x5, 260x3, 290x2
Bench w/ bands (pause at bottom, explode up) - 190x10 for 5 sets
Incline - 185x10 for 3 sets, 185x8, 205x6
Dips - body weight x 10, 10, 9, 8, 6

Followed by some light cardio. Still feeling very strong, hard to explain but it's like I am definitely able to keep going much longer than normal - it definitely feels like it's more muscular endurance as opposed to energy/intensity. Wednesday is deadlifts/back, will report back.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Workout 2 of week 2

Really noticing that my DOMS seem to go away quickly - my chest workout on Mondays had been leaving me pretty sore but it seems to be going away really quickly.

Felt very good again today, endurance still coming along very nicely. With all of the sets I am doing in this workout it was really leaving me drained by the end, but I have been able to finish really strong lately. Have also added in some cardio at the end as I am hoping to lose ~15 lbs over the next few months. Have not weighed myself but will check in one of my next few sessions. Feel like I am looking better/a little more dense, I will post up more pics towards the end.

I have also continued to notice good quality sleep. Not sure if it's BMP or if I am just wearing myself out or what?

Workout today:

Deadlifts - 320x5, 365x3, 405x5 (AMRAP), 315x8, 315x8
Assisted pullups - 10, 10, 10, 8, 7
T-bar row - 115x10, 10, 10, 10, drop set
Shoulder press - 135x5, 140x3, 160x13
DB Lateral raise - 20x12, 20x12, 25x12, 25x12, 25x12

Followed by some light cardio (5 mins interval, 5 mins max incline/heavy resistance)

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Went in and did a really quick arm workout on my lunch break yesterday - super setting close grip and curls. Was quick but felt really good, really noticing the pump as I get going.

Squat workout was today - felt really good again today, workout was hard but got everything done. Looked like this:

Squats - 285x5, 325x3, 365x5 (AMRAP) - felt good, probably had 1 or 2 more in me but I have just recently started going heavy again and the big weight scared me :sad3: My AMRAP set for squats last week was 345x4 so I am pleased with an extra rep with 20 more lbs.

Followed by more squats - 5 sets of 10 with 225 - got all of them and went extra deep, felt excellent. Really noticed the muscular endurance effect here - lungs were dead tired, but my legs could keep going.
This was followed by walking lunges, 4 sets of 10 with the 30 lb dumbbells.

Not sure if it was the lunges (haven't done them in awhile) or what but I am sore as hell right now...hips and hamstrings really feeling it. Weird combo of mostly soreness combined with a slight lingering pump. I'll see how it feels tomorrow, this is new for me on BMP as my soreness has actually been pretty nonexistent on this stuff thus far, been seemingly recovering overnight. I am just now coming up on 2 weeks in so I will be watching out for any changes.

Already mentioned this previously but just updating - still not noticing any negative sides on this - no anxiety/jitters, joint pain, stomach issues, lethargy, etc. - feels very "clean". Not sure if people are experiencing differently, but I don't seem to be noticing any perceivable effect on libido (good or bad)...just trying to check the boxes on the effects people normally see. The main benefit I am noticing is the muscular endurance - it works out perfectly to keep me going for a few heavy sets and then 5x10 on two different exercises.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
good workouts and detail in here man. I am on less then a week of bmp and have been doing low reps (singles or 5's max). I was sore from the second day of bmp too.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I was feeling real sore last night but feeling a lot better today. I have personally noticed soreness going away pretty quickly on this - with Myosynergy I was noticing a lingering soreness so I am definitely going to stack them in the future and see what happens. Good luck on your log man!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm getting both, increased soreness the next day that is pretty much gone the day after, which is not how I usually work.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Hamstrings/lower back still felt a little sore/stiff for much of today, lingering from Friday evening's workout...this is a pretty big change from the past few weeks where my recovery has been really quick. My current regimen is a lot more volume than I usually do so I am sure that's contributing to it. I spent some time going back and forth between pool/hot tub/sauna tonight and it feels much better right now.

This is my scheduled deload week so I backed off a little bit, not too much though as I want to keep testing the BMP. Today was my bench workout and it looked like this:

Bench - 225x3, 250x3, 285x3 - followed by 185x10 for 3 sets, then 135x10 for 2 sets
Dips - body weight x 6 for 5 sets
Incline - 135x10 for 5 sets

Big thing I noticed today was a pretty noticeable pump/burn on my lighter sets...I will often not feel much of anything when I go light, but for whatever reason I definitely felt it today. Was kinda nice psychologically to feel it like that when going light. Still really liking this stuff. All I can think of right now...I am a little over two weeks in so I am on the lookout for any effects that took some time to kick in.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Had a deload back/deadlift today. Felt really good. Plenty of foam rolling and stretching in between sets. Workout went like this:

Deadlift - 315x3, 355x3, 405x3
T Bar row - 70x10 for 5 sets
Nautilus pull down - 180x10 for 5 sets
Shoulder press - 135x3 for 3 sets
Lateral raise - 15sx10 for 3 sets

I did all of the ancillary work nice and slow and definitely felt a pretty substantial burn. I just saw that Dsade mentioned this on his facebook page as well - I am definitely noticing it, particularly on my higher rep sets - think I am just too focused on the lift itself when I go really heavy to notice. Still not noticing any negative sides.

Probably most noteworthy thing yet - I started this on Monday 10/6 and weighed in at 262 on Wednesday 10/8. I weighed in today postworkout and came in at 266. This was really surprising for me as I have actually been carb cycling and have cut the carbs way back altogether since this past Sunday as I am low carbing during my deload week. I was expecting to be down around 258-260 as I tend to lose a few lbs when I cut the carbs out, so I was really surprised by this. I have the same BCAA mix pre-workout and same BCAA post workout so I would not attribute this to any change in stomach fullness. Either I have gained a few lbs in the last 2 weeks or the scale at the gym was messed up - it's usually pretty consistent. I will weigh in again Friday and see if there are any changes.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the delayed update, had family in town this weekend. Got my deload squat workout in on Friday though.

Squats - 275x3, 315x3, 365x3
Extra deep paused squats - 135x10 for 5 sets

Followed by some foam rolling and stretching for my back/legs. Was definitely feeling it in the muscles being worked again.

Main note - weighed in after workout on Friday and was at 267. When I weighed in at 266 on Wednesday I was thinking maybe the scale was messed up, I definitely did not expect to be up 5 lbs after cutting the carbs out all week. Not sure if BMP causes any extra water/glycogen retention?

Think I have another week and a half or so left, I will post up side by side pics when the log is done. Really liking this stuff and will be intrigued to see how it stacks with Myosyngergy later on, I just grabbed two bottles of that the other day.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Bench workout today. Shoulders felt funny, not painful but very stiff. Got out of work late and rushed my workout a bit to catch up to my workout partners - I am thinking it was a combination of a pretty lazy weekend with not doing my typical full warmup...not thinking it was BMP related but who knows. Very much felt the burning sensation in my muscles again today, it's sorta like a really strong pump. Very noticeable as I ease back the weight and up the reps later on.

Workout looked like this
Bench - 200x5, 235x5, 265x6 - the 265x6 was as many reps as possible, was pretty disappointed as I expected 8 or 9...think my shoulder stiffness was at least part of the problem here
Bench w/bands and long pause at bottom - 195x10 for 5 sets. got all 50 reps here and felt great, this is one of the exercises where I really felt a burn in the muscles being used
Dips - bodyweight x 10, 10, 9, 9, 8
Incline - 135x10, 155x10, 155x10, 175x8, 175x8 - did these nice and slow and really felt the burn here as well

Weighed in at 267 again today so whatever is causing this, I have definitely gained ~5 lbs with little change in diet/supplements beyond the BMP. Will be interested to see how much of it is water/glycogen retention as I have picked up and then dropped weight quickly from other products in the past (TTA, PHs)

I am still not really noticing any negative sides from this product either. This is day 21, just eyeballing the bag of powder I think I probably have 1.5-2 weeks left. Must have gotten some extra as I have been doing the 3/4 teaspoon dosage that was recommended.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have any visual signs that it's water?

I'm up as well, but really dry looking.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Nope, not really any visual signs of bloat that makes me feel certain it's water, although it's harder for me to tell with no definition, ha. I will definitely post up more pics at the end and also report back a week or so after I stop.

I should also note that I have been saying I've had no negative sides but I am noticing some pretty minor acne popping up on shoulders/back the last week or so. Nothing gross or major but definitely more than what I usually have.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope, not really any visual signs of bloat that makes me feel certain it's water, although it's harder for me to tell with no definition, ha. I will definitely post up more pics at the end and also report back a week or so after I stop.

I should also note that I have been saying I've had no negative sides but I am noticing some pretty minor acne popping up on shoulders/back the last week or so. Nothing gross or major but definitely more than what I usually have.
Come to think of it, I have had a few pop up on my rib cage but nothing serious at all.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, definitely not bad, just trying to be as detailed as possible.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Felt really good again today, still really feeling pumped as I go. Still feeling great muscular endurance as well.

Today's workout-

Deadlifts - 290x5, 330x5, 375x12 (AMRAP)
Assisted pullups - 10, 10, 8, 8, 6
Nautilus row - 360x10, 10, 10, 10, 8

Did seem to feel some excessive pump in my lower back, did not really hinder my workout at all, used the roller between the sets and felt good. Didn't weigh in today, I will do it on Friday.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weighed myself yesterday and I am up to 222. Looks like this does take a few weeks to become noticeable, but once it does it kicks in nice and hard.

I've decided on final dosing, so we'll be moving forward with the final version ASAP.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Any chance any betas will be available in the next week? I would think that's way too soon but it'd be nice to keep it going without stopping.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Leg day

Squats - 275x5, 300x5, 340x7 - felt pretty good but I had a knee slightly bothering me. this has popped up lately but I don't think it is BMP related. I have been trying to continuously tweak my squat form as I have been doing them with my feet uneven - for some reason that feels natural to me? Trying to clean my form up.
Leg press - 360x10, 360x10, 410x10, 410x10, 410x10, 410 static hold for ~30 seconds - real strong pump after this. felt awesome, real deep burn, especially during the static hold.
Walking lunges, 40 lb dumbbells - 3 sets of 16

still feeling a lingering burn in my legs...not sure why but my legs are definitely where I have been feeling the BMP burn the most. I will post up the final pics when I am done but I feel like I am looking a little bigger, hard to tell for sure though.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for missing my update on Monday, I have been sick and falling asleep pretty early. Did not miss any gym time though. As far as negative sides, the only thing I am seeing is the acne still - again nothing crazy/gross, but a few things popping up on chest, shoulders, back that are abnormal for me. Still feeling a really strong pump and noticing what seems to be a really nice increase in muscular endurance.

Monday Bench day -
Bench - 225x3, 250x3, 280x4 (AMRAP) - felt okay with the 280x4 but would have liked 1 or 2 more reps. My shoulders felt pretty stiff. Not sure if that is BMP pump related or just not warming up long enough - I am good about warming up really thoroughly on leg and deadlift day but I have been slacking on it some on chest day. Going to start doing a better job.
Banded bench, slow down and explosive up - 195x10 for 5 sets - this felt really good, these accessory exercises are where the BMP's increased muscular endurance really shines.
Dips - Body weight x 10, 10, 9, 9, 7
Incline - 185x 10, 10, 7 - 135 x 12, 12

Today's workout, deadlifts/back -
Deadlifts - 315x3, 365x 3, 405x10 (AMRAP)
This was great, I have had some small, steady strength gains but nothing crazy, but 405 definitely felt pretty easy for me today. Felt like I possibly could have done even more but doing that many heavy deads wore me out.
Assisted pullups - 10, 10, 9, 9, 7
T-bar row - 135 x 10 for 3 sets, 115 x 10 for 2 sets
Shoulder press - 135x3, 145x3, 165x12 (AMRAP)
Lateral raise - ran the rack from 30s down to 10s

This workout felt really good, just recently started taking my deadlifts seriously and working on my form in the last 2 months or so and am definitely experiencing some noob gains but I definitely feel like I am getting some great strength gains here as well. I will post up progress pics when my bag of BMP runs out, estimating like 3-5 more days??

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Feeling good on this stuff still, feeling kinda pumped even though I worked out about 5 hours ago at this point. I had a few workouts there where my DOMS stuck around for a long time but after observing further my recovery seems to be really good now. Acne seems to be popping up a little more still - seems like it took about two weeks for that to really start. Still can't really think of any negative sides other than that.

Today's leg workout -
Squats - 275x3, 320x3, 365x5 (AMRAP) - on my AMRAP set I could have squeezed another rep or two out but my form was getting really ugly. I am focusing on taking some extra time to clean up my squat form as I can tell it's atrocious at the bottom.
Super set, squats/walking lunges - 225x5 for 5 sets, super set with 35 lb plates for walking lunges
Bent knee good mornings - 115x8 for 5 sets. not sure how much people usually use for this but I like to go really light and slow so that I still feel it working but my lower back feels safe
Close grip bench - 185x10 for 5 sets - adding these in to get a little extra tricep work

This workout felt good and my endurance felt strong even with the super sets. I continue to be impressed by the muscular endurance aspect of this product.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your workouts seems to short. What u workout for 20min? I only see like 3 diff sets each day.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Your workouts seems to short. What u workout for 20min? I only see like 3 diff sets each day.
3 sets of squats, 5sets of lunges, 5sets of good mornings and 5sets of cgbp. Seems like a good workout that should take ~ 1hr-1.5hr. I know I rest a lot between sets

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3 sets of squats, 5sets of lunges, 5sets of good mornings and 5sets of cgbp. Seems like a good workout that should take ~ 1hr-1.5hr. I know I rest a lot between sets
That's good workout lol. Just skimmed through your workouts and it seemed like it was no more than 3 lol. My bad than

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's at least 13 work sets every time and sometimes over 20, I just write it condensed to save space. Sorry about that. I do a lot of warming up and stretches and some cardio at the end so it's actually usually about two hours.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Bench workout felt good today. Took some extra time to stretch my shoulders and they felt a lot better than my last few bench workouts. Pump came on quick and stuck around. Trying to think of anything I may have been omitting, I don't think I mentioned this but within the first two weeks or so the euphoria I felt after dosing seemed to go away. No big deal though, still really pleased with this stuff. On to the workout (with new easier to read format) -

Bench -
230x5
275x3
300x2 (AMRAP) - this felt pretty good, almost got a 3rd. these reps were with a solid pause at the bottom so pretty pleased with this.

Banded bench press -
195x10 for 5 sets - felt good, I can really feel the burn and pump when I do these

Incline DB press -
80s x 10 for 5 sets - these felt good, went nice and slow and was able to hit all of the reps I wanted to get. had not used the dumbbells in awhile so I was pretty pleased with this

Dips -
Bodyweight x 10, 9, 8, 8, 5 - got less reps on these sets than my last few chest workouts but I have normally been doing dips before incline so that's likely why. these felt good, muscles were just really worn out by this point

Overall was pleased with the workout and am still noticing that my recovery seems pretty good. This workout is more volume than I am used to and my soreness has been going away pretty quickly other than a couple of my squat days. Only have a couple more days worth of BMP left but I think I am going to be able to get another bag of this stuff and keep this going. Will post up pics when this bag is done.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Moved my deadlift workout to yesterday because I gave blood today. Workout went like this:

Deadlifts -
335x5
380x3
425x8 (AMRAP) - felt good, doing this many heavy reps is taxing.

Assisted pullups - 5 sets of 10

Nautilus row -
320x10
340x10 for 4 sets

Also of note, they took my blood pressure when I donated blood and it was 122/80 - this is a little high but normal for me so I don't think BMP is causing any BP increase. I will weigh myself and post after pics either Friday or Saturday.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Moved my deadlift workout to yesterday because I gave blood today. Workout went like this:

Deadlifts -
335x5
380x3
425x8 (AMRAP) - felt good, doing this many heavy reps is taxing.

Assisted pullups - 5 sets of 10

Nautilus row -
320x10
340x10 for 4 sets

Also of note, they took my blood pressure when I donated blood and it was 122/80 - this is a little high but normal for me so I don't think BMP is causing any BP increase. I will weigh myself and post after pics either Friday or Saturday.
Just a FYI, that is a normal blood pressure reading.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, thanks! I googled it after I was done and some of the stuff I saw suggested it was a little high. I've had some supplements kick it up into the 140s and high 80s, not having that with BMP

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Did my leg workout today. Hated to do this while still testing the BMP, but had to do a bunch of light sets - my squat form is a real mess at the bottom so I went light and did a ton of sets to work on my form. I moved my feet in some and that has helped a good bit, I think I was too wide before and it was making it hard to get below parallel. Workout looked like this -

Squat
225x5
275x5
225x5 for 10 sets
135x10 for 5 sets

Leg press -
360x10
410x10 for 4 sets

That's it, all of the squats absolutely killed me. I felt like my muscular endurance was pretty good, it was just brutal doing that many sets with a different form than I am used to. Felt much better at the bottom though.

Going to do an extra shoulders/arm workout on Saturday, will get after pics as my BMP is just about out. Feel like I look basically the same but maybe I am not noticing the changes - I know I am up ~5 lbs and my pants feel looser if anything.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Ran out of BMP on Monday but going to keep checking in to note any changes in weight, strength, etc

Did a quick arm/shoulder workout on Saturday that felt good.

Woke up Monday with the left side of my back in really bad pain, no clue what happened. Was perfectly fine when I went to bed Sunday night. No reason whatsoever to attribute this to BMP, just noting it because I was actually able to work from home during the day and roll it out all afternoon and go do legs in the evening.

Looked like this -
Squats - 275x5, 330x3, 375x1 - felt like I could have gone for 1 or 2 more but was worried about my back
Leg press - 360x10, 410x10, 410x10, 410x10, drop set from 450 down to 180
5 Super sets of leg extensions and leg curls

Weighed in at 268 so that'd be my final weight for my BMP run, that's up from 262 at the start. I will continue to post up any notes I have over the next few weeks and will also remember to get after pics (want to get them in the same lighting at the gym). Main thing I am looking for in the next few weeks is any weight loss and decreases in muscular endurance/strength.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a couple of extremely busy weeks, but I really want you to keep this going.

I have actually reduced my dosage (2 caps twice per day) and the gains are still coming strong. I will get more out to you today.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Would love to keep this going, thanks Matt! I have two bottles of Myosynergy I can run with this if you'd like, or I can keep going with just the BMP and see how it works solo long term - totally up to you. Only thing that's non-negotiable is my Defuse intake next week, especially on thanksgiving day.

Your comment about still seeing results has me wondering if I was taking a less than full dose - I think you said it was 33 days worth but mine lasted 40+ days. I was doing the 3/4 teaspoon dose but I wasn't packing it in very tight as I didn't want to get the powder in the air too much. Whatever dosing I was using, I've been really pleased with this stuff. As you noted it definitely seems to "kick in" after a couple weeks - wonder if you can "load" for a few weeks and then decrease the dosage to extend the cycle?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ohhh I have my defuse ready for thanksgiving too lol

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would love to keep this going, thanks Matt! I have two bottles of Myosynergy I can run with this if you'd like, or I can keep going with just the BMP and see how it works solo long term - totally up to you. Only thing that's non-negotiable is my Defuse intake next week, especially on thanksgiving day.

Your comment about still seeing results has me wondering if I was taking a less than full dose - I think you said it was 33 days worth but mine lasted 40+ days. I was doing the 3/4 teaspoon dose but I wasn't packing it in very tight as I didn't want to get the powder in the air too much. Whatever dosing I was using, I've been really pleased with this stuff. As you noted it definitely seems to "kick in" after a couple weeks - wonder if you can "load" for a few weeks and then decrease the dosage to extend the cycle?
That's an interesting idea, and perhaps true.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards

isn't it 3/4 tbs? no tsp

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2.2 grams, 3/4 teaspoon

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Bumping this because I got back in from out of town and had a nice big bag of BMP powder waiting for me in the mailbox. This bag seemed pretty full compared to the previous bag I got so I am doing the 1/2 serving in the morning and full serving in the afternoon for awhile to start. Much thanks to Matt for doing this!

I did low reps two weeks ago and established a baseline to measure my strength gains this time around as that is really my focus -

Bench - 325
Squat - 375x2
Deadlift - 545

I had to do a light leg/mobility workout tonight because I spent all last week being fat and lazy and got back super stiff and fat. I will resume logging on Wednesday.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
nice lifting in here still, looking good. I am starting mobility work too and it's been a godsend so far in terms of ROM on lifts