Road to Elite status, RagNOrak ELITE!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Huge thanks for the opportunity to log this product! It has been a while since I logged a preworkout but have tried MANY in the past and look forward to loging this product.

Initial thoughts - This formula is sick! Looks like a solid formula here:

https://millenniumsport.net/files/3214/0737/6742/RagNOrok-ELITE--Supp-Facts_30-servs.png

Couldnt get the pic in here but you can see this is a solid formula

I do wish exact amounts were listed.....and after my first workout i think some things may be a little underdosed, more on that later ;-)

Training: My split will vary depending on recovery of different body parts. Workouts usually last 1:15-1:30, I always start off with heavy compounds for usually 6-8 reps, trying to get back to lifting heavier, I had gotten away from it for a while and got weaker. Then I move onto more bodybuilding style sets and reps around 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps. I also incorporate drop sets and love to superset exercises whenever possible. It keeps me focused, pumped, and keeps me sweating ( i hate trying to workout cold)

Diet: I follow IF and usually only have one bi meal taht takes me like 2 hours to eat at night. I do this mostly cuz it makes the rest of the day easy and less stresful since I dont have to worry much about food. Calories will vary depending on how much cardio I do. Some days only 3500 some days 4500

Stats - 5'9
165lbs

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First workout today was Back/Hams

I mixed one scoop with a full shaker cup cu i like to sip my preworkouts throughout my workout. With that much water the flavor was very thin and could not taste it much which kinda stunk.

I am pretty stim tolerant so i was interested to see what one scoop would do for me...... well, im gonna do two tomorrow lol..... Pumps were not great, focus was not great (although i have alot going on right now) so initial thoughts are not toooooo impressed howeer maybe with 2 scoops all of the ingredients will be dosed better which is what im hoping because the formula is great, i was really surprised by how little effect it seemed to have today.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The workout - had done quads and chest the day before so hams werent 100%

Rack Pull
285x6
305x6
325x6
325x6
325x6
235x23!

Assisted pull ups wide grip
55lbs - assisted 5 sets 8-10 drop on last set

supersetted with

Seated hamstring curl
130lbs 5x10

Neutral grip assissted pull up
55lb - 5x8-10

supersetted with

Lying leg curl
125lb - 5x10

Underhand assissted pull up
40 lbs - 5x8-10

supersetted with

high and wide leg press
270lb - 5x15

Low cable row

160- 5x10

supersetted with

1 leg RDL with kettle bell

35lb - 5x15

3 set each of CG pulldown, Front pulldown and Re Grip pulldown

10 set of 10 hanging leg raises

ab wheel to the sides

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FYI...Caffeine is 200mg per scoop. (Listed off on the side near the warnings.)

I will probably start with 1.5 tomorrow on my 1st workout.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Sorry to hear your initial impressions were lackluster. Like ddfox said, there is 200mg of caffeine per scoop. Looking forward to the rest of the log.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Just curious why the preference to sip your pre-workouts throughout the workout? Generally I sling pre-workouts down with enough time prior to my training, to give things a chance to kick in. I only personally sip things like BCAAs peri-workout. Looking forward to the log though.

orangewaldo

Awards
First workout today was Back/Hams

I mixed one scoop with a full shaker cup cu i like to sip my preworkouts throughout my workout. With that much water the flavor was very thin and could not taste it much which kinda stunk.

I am pretty stim tolerant so i was interested to see what one scoop would do for me...... well, im gonna do two tomorrow lol..... Pumps were not great, focus was not great (although i have alot going on right now) so initial thoughts are not toooooo impressed howeer maybe with 2 scoops all of the ingredients will be dosed better which is what im hoping because the formula is great, i was really surprised by how little effect it seemed to have today.
I am also curious why you sip your pre workout, especially being a caffeine tolerant person. I'm in the same boat because toddlers and I have to slam it and sometimes mix a little extra with my intra workout.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Just curious why the preference to sip your pre-workouts throughout the workout? Generally I sling pre-workouts down with enough time prior to my training, to give things a chance to kick in. I only personally sip things like BCAAs peri-workout. Looking forward to the log though.
I drink the majority of it preworkout/beginning of workout, then sip throughout just for continued energy or at least a mental thought that im getting energy from it lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Todays workout was better for sure, started off a little slow, wasnt totally focused but ended up being a good workout.

mixed up 1.5 scoops in the same shaker bottle......flavor is still pretty weak, it tastes good just really watered down.

Shoulders/arms

Standing overhead barbell press
105 x 6 x 6

supersetted with

Smith machine standing calf raise
285x6-8x 6

Seated DB Press
55x10x5 forced reps on last set, one set of rest pause to 100 with 25lb!, felt great

supersetted with

Preacher curl
60x8x5

Seated lateral raise
20x8-10x4 - drop on last set

superset with

seated DB twist curl
20x10-12x4 drop on last set

hammer strength press facing machine
100x10-12x3

superset with

hack squat calf raise
180x10-12x3

Cable lateral raise
3 sets of 15

V bar push down
5 sets 8-10 double drop on last set

superset with

face pull

4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

Smith CG bench
145x8x5

superset with

seated calf raise
110x10x4

Skull crusher
70x10-12 x 4

superset with

Barbel Shrug
205x12x4

Re Grip skull crusher
60x12x4

One arm DB overhead ext
3 sets to failure with 20 lb.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pumps were much better, focus was good once i got into it, endurance was there, cant complain.........much better, will probably get a chance to workout again tomorrow which is cool lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I drink the majority of it preworkout/beginning of workout, then sip throughout just for continued energy or at least a mental thought that im getting energy from it lol
Gotcha. Well if you feel up to it, try slamming it all back in a half shaker of water 30-45 min preworkout and see if it changes it's effects! :D

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Solid workout, bud.

As far as the taste, feel free to drink it how you like, but, as a company, we recommend using only 4 to 16oz. Not sure the size of your shaker but I know usually most are at least 24oz. All of the extra water would be why anything taste watered down. I typically use ~16oz and the taste is light and crisp, like a tropical drink.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dunno what it was but todays workout was great! very focused, intense and noticed much more vascularity and only used 1 scoop!!!!

I forgot to comment on mixability........... perfect , a few shakes and its good!

the workout

chest/back

Fly machine - pre exhaust

140x8x5
55x100!

superset with

Assisted pullup
55lb x 10 x 5

Decline bench
155x10x4

superset with

hammer pulldown
180x8x4

Incline fly
55x8x4

superset with

parallel bent over row

105x10x4

Incline db press
55x10-12

superset with

tbar row

100x10-12 x 4

Decline hammer
4 sets 10-12

One arm DB row 80x12 x 4

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Solid workout. Glad to hear it went well.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking great man, lots of volume in there!
\
Thanks! Ya i like volume haha

sorry for the lack of update yesterday, I did some light legs and shoulders

Today I decided to try a scoop for cardio.....smart choice haha figured i will dose even on off days to reap the benefits of the cordyceps, only downside is that it will be gone faster.

Mixability - I did notice a little grit on the bottom but honestly i really dont care lol but thought id mention it.

Endurance - felt great the whole session

Focus - RagNOrok def shines here love the focus

Overal was a better session, woudlnt say i woudl look at it as a necessity for cardio but it did make it more enjoyable

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good, I'm definitely a fan of cordyceps for endurance and happy it was included in the formula!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I was skeptical about cordyceps before trying them, but I have been pleasantly surprised

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had to get a quick one in today so took a little less than a scoop in less water and it was really good. More of a pina coloada flavor like many have said. Took about 20 min preworkout and hit me like halfway through, another thing ive noticed is it takes longer to hit than others.

Overhead barbell shoulder press
85x8x5

superset with

barbell curl
50x12x4

Seated DB shoulder press with very slow negatives
40x10x4

superset

hammer curl strict

25x12x4

Lateral raise
20x10x4

superset

incline curl
15x12x4

Rev Fly on TRX
x10-15

superset

skullcrusher

75x10-12x4

Vbar pushdown
10-12 reps 4 sets

superset

leg raises
x10x7

rope overhead ext
4 sets 10-12 reps

very focused quick effective workout felt great, really good pump, the pump from RagNOrok seems to be more of a fullness and warmness...really nice

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
I agree the pump is different not as tight.it doesn't really stop my workout like sone before. Must be the lactic acid control it has

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking good, but man that TRX stuff is way harder than it looks! I gave it a shot a few weeks ago...not what I expected haha

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The last two workouts have been extremely focused, looks like my sweet spot is around 1.5 scoops..... pumps are great, long lasting clean energy and great workouts

legs yest.......legs have been kinda weak lately but had a good workout
185x8
185x8
205x8
215x8
215x8
225x10 - had a spotter probably had help on the last 3

RDL
225x8
225x8
225x8
235x8
235x8

Heavy Leg ext.
150x10x4

wide leg press - 5 sets of 8-10 with forced on last set

close stance leg press - 5 sets of 8-10

wide and close stance legpress - 3 sets each 20-25 reps, rest pause to 50 reps on last set

Lunges

35lb in each hand - 24 steps - 4 sets

1 leg leg ext - 3 sets 10-12 with strong contractions and forced reps on last set

GHR negatives - 8 reps 5 sets

Today -

DB incline
70x8x5

superset

strict bent over row with pause on bottom rack of power rack
145x8
145x8
145x8
155x8
165x8

DB flat press
70x10x5

superset

snatch grip rack pull

225x10x5

Weighted dip
25x8-10x5

superset with

negative pullups

25x6x5

Decline hammer machine
4 sets 12

superset

low cable row

190x8x5

Hammer incline
3 sets 10-12

superset

hammer pulldown
3 sets 10-12

one arm hammer row
3 sets 10-12

cable fly
3 sets 10-15
superset with

trx rows to failure

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
endurance was a lot better these past two workouts as well...........!!! felt liek i could keep goin, looking forward to tomorrow shoulders/arms workouts

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus was good to start today but wained, not sure why, maybe cuz of low carbs yesterday? I did notice my endurance was better on my high rep set of shoulder presses though which was nice......also a long lasting pump afterwards in my shoulders which was different.

Shoulders/arms

Standing overhead press

95x8x4
100x8x5 - triple drop to the bar on last set

Seated DB press
55x10-12x5 forced reps on last set

superset with

preacher curl
60x8-10x4 forced reps on last set

Lateral raise - focusing on controlled negatives even if i cheated the positives

22.5x10x4 - drop on last set

machine lateral raise
4 sets of 10

superset with

machine shoulder press facing machine

4 sets of as many

TRX rev. fly - 4 sets

Weighted plank

45lb plate on back x 4 - much nicer than spending 5 minutes per plank lol

smith CG bench
165x8x5

superset with

incline curl

17.7x10-15x4

Skull crusher
80x8-10x4 - forced on last set

1 arm neutral grip lying ext
4 set 12-15

superset

hammer curl - simulataneous

27.5x10-12x4 drop on last set

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I gotta agree with chef. Arms were probably looking all kinds of full after that workout. Good stuff, man.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ya it was good, shoulders really felt it, arms were alright, no drop sets or anything like usual so not as skin stretching but still nice haha

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back and chest were stilla little sore but had time to workout, so i did lol cuz i wont be able to tomorrow or friday

I really focused on slow negatives and strong contractions with light weight.....really focused and muscles were really full form all the focus and contractions

Fly machine
5 sets 10-12

superset
pullups
5 sets 10-12

Incline DB fly with twist
4 sets 10-12

superset

bent over row

135x10x4

Incline press
4 sets 10-12

superset with

rev grip bent over row
4 sets 10-12

one arm turned side ways decline machine press
4 sets of 8

superset

low cable row

4 sets 10-12

Tbar row
4 sets 10-12

superset

flat press

4 sets 10-12

also did dips and pulldowns

then did weighted planks...soooo much better than holding a plank for forever lol

I was able to hold 70 pounds for a minute was pretty happy about that!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man, I want to start doing weighted planks at home with a big kettlebell I have. Are you getting help placing the weight on your back? Never tried this method before.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last two days were only cardio, took one scoop before and felt great. I am noticing more settling on the bottom of my shaker lately, again it doesnt really bother me, but some people may have issues with this so I thought that it should be noted.

Today was chest/back

heavy machine flys
145x8x5 double drop on last set with forced reps - great way to start off the workout!

superset with

assissted pullups
30x8x5 plus drop on last set with forced reps

incline DB fly
50x10x4

superset

bent over row 195x10x5 drop on last set

DB incline press
50x10-12x4

superset

tbar row with 25lb plates for greater ROM

150x10-12x5 drop one plate at a time on last set - brutal

1 arm db row
100x12x4

Decline hammer
4 sets 12-15

supserset with

90 degree bent over row
95x12x4

hammer incline
3 sets 10-12

superset

hammer pulldown

3 sets 10-12

still really enjoying it.....any other feed back you guys would like to see in this log... i feel like its going away too quickly :-(

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Have you ever seen any vincenatural vids on YouTube? He has great tips on movement s for all areas especially the back. Little adjustments have helped alot.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you ever seen any vincenatural vids on YouTube? He has great tips on movement s for all areas especially the back. Little adjustments have helped alot.
Thanks alot for the tip! REPS

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I decided to take different approach to my leg workout yest. I normally do high(er) reps moderate amount of sets and moderate weights but i jsut get sooo sore. So I decided to do Heavier weights , lower reps, but way more sets to equal the same amount of volume but not going to failure like i usually do..... i liked this approach alot, seemed to keep me fresher! Im sure RagNOrok helped too.

Leg ext as pre exhaust

4 sets 10-12

Front squat
165x5x8
185x5x2

Back Squat
205x5x8
225x5x2

Barbell Lunges
115x10 stepsx10

RDL
235x5x8
255x5x2

Leg Press
5 plates + 25 per side 5 sets of 8 wide stance and 5 sets of 10 close stance

3 plates + 25 per side 3 sets of 20 wide and close stance

GHR Negatives - 5 sets of 8

Still rediculously sore today lol - o well, enjoyed the workout didnt feel like i killed myself and still got a hell of a workout in

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was shoulders and arms

started off really weak for w/e reason

used the same strategy for my OHP as i did my squats yest.

95x5x8
105x5x2
65x as many

superset with standing calf raises
225x15

Db press
55x8x6 forced on last set

40x12-15x3

superset with barbell curl over flat part of preacher bench

40x10-12x4 forced on last set

leaning db lateral raises
30x12x4

lateral raise
17.5x10x4

superset with

facing hammer strength machine
70x10-12 4 sets

superset with

hack squat calf raise
90x15x4

Rev cable flys

superset with front raises 30lbsx10 4 sets

arnold press
30x10x4

superset with

hammer curl
37.5lbx8x4

skull crusher
70x15x4 ( mmuch stronger on these!)

superset with

DB twist curl

30x10x4

DB overhead ext
70x10x4

one arm rev grip pushdown
4 sets 10-12

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So I decided to take different approach to my leg workout yest. I normally do high(er) reps moderate amount of sets and moderate weights but i jsut get sooo sore. So I decided to do Heavier weights , lower reps, but way more sets to equal the same amount of volume but not going to failure like i usually do..... i liked this approach alot, seemed to keep me fresher! Im sure RagNOrok helped too.
This is how I squat now, lowish rep range (5), higher weight. I definitely prefer this over volume when squatting.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did barbell bench and incnline bench yest for the first time in months....not as strong as I used to be but i guess i cant be too surprised since I never do it lol. I was able to still get 225 but barely

165x5x10

superset

bent over row with pause on rack at the bottom
165x5x10

incline barbell
125x8x6

superset

snatch grip rack pull
275x6x6

weighted dip
25x10x5

superset with

pull up negatives
25x6x5

decline hammer strength

superset

underhand pull up
4 sets 10-12

1 arm db row pretty strict

80x10x4

Rev. grip bench
125x10x4

superset with

strict parallel bent over row
105x10-12x4

front delts were sooo sore today from doing this yest. Im guessing its from the bench press

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was a sad day.......... my scooper touched the bottom of the tub for the first time today :-(

pretty good workout though :) was able to increase weights from last week. I have a tendency to switch my workouts around all the time but i am going to try to keep my leg workout pretty similar so i can see progress.

leg ext as pre exhaust
130x15
140x12
140x12
140x15

front squat
175x5x7
185x5
190x5
195x5

back squat
205x5x7
215x5
225x5

RDL
245x5x7
255x5
265x5

Leg PRess
6 plates - 6 sets of 8 wide stance, 6 sets of 10 close stance

lunges
35 in each handx24 steps 3 sets last et 30 steps

3 set each of close stance and wide stance leg pres with three plates to finish off, as many reps as possible

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahh no... it's the beginning of the end! Glad to hear you had a great workout though.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Of course I had a great workout I had the ragnorok rage going haha

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear you're reaching the end, but glad you've seemed to enjoy the ride so far

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For whatever reason the pump was literally painful at the beginning of the workout! Even with lower reps at the start....focus was very good as well today

standing military press
100x5x10

DB shoulder press - was weaker on these today, normally can get 55s for 8 for all sets but i had to go down
55x8
55x6
52.5x8
52.5x10
52.5x10 double drop set with forced reps on each drop!!

barbell curl over flat side of preacher
50x10 - cheated last couple reps on last set - 4 sets

Lateral raise - used my usual 8-12 rep weight but rest paused to 20 reps - this was killer
4 sets

superset with

alternating hammer curl
35x8x4

Leaning lateral raise
30x12x4

superset with

high cable curl
20x12-15x4

TRX rev. fly

superset with

face pull
4 sets 10-12 reps

skull crusher
80x8x5 drop on last set with forced reps

overhead db ext
70x10x4 drop set on last set with forced reps

1 arm neutral grip db skull crusher
4 sets of as many with forced reps on last set

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW!!!!!

Mixabiliity - 8/10 - With just a few shakes it dissolves well but if you let it sit there will be a little grit at the bottom......I did not mind it at all but others may.

Taste - 7/10 - The taste is very good if you use it in a small amount of water...more of a tropical flavor than a punch in my opinion but when mixed with 12-16 oz of water, its just way too weak for me.

Endurance - 9.5/10 - the Cordeceps really shine here and definitely was able to workout longer than usual. Noticeable difference. Only not a 10 because there were a few instances where i crashed but it was most likely me and not the preworkout

Strength - 8/10 - I dont think the main goal with a preworkout is strength in my opinion.....it will always help with creatine and caffiene.Getting stronger comes down to pushing yourself and progressing. All I know is over the course of the log my strength went up at that is all that matters to me lol

Pumps. - 9.5/10 - loved the pumps on this!!!!! as I have described before they were much different. More of an overall fullness than a painful pump.

Energy - 9.5/10 - not cracked out feeling but good smooth energy with no crash..... one thing different was it seemed to take longer to kick in than others.

Focus - 9/10 - one of the better focus products I have used, not the best but very solid, I love a great focus product and this does the trick.

Overall - 9/10 - honestly the only this that was a negative to me was the weak taste otherwise this was one of the best preworkouts I have ever used! great energy, and focus which are huge, with no crash and great pumps!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW!!!!!

Mixabiliity - 8/10 - With just a few shakes it dissolves well but if you let it sit there will be a little grit at the bottom......I did not mind it at all but others may.

Taste - 7/10 - The taste is very good if you use it in a small amount of water...more of a tropical flavor than a punch in my opinion but when mixed with 12-16 oz of water, its just way too weak for me.

Endurance - 9.5/10 - the Cordeceps really shine here and definitely was able to workout longer than usual. Noticeable difference. Only not a 10 because there were a few instances where i crashed but it was most likely me and not the preworkout

Strength - 8/10 - I dont think the main goal with a preworkout is strength in my opinion.....it will always help with creatine and caffiene.Getting stronger comes down to pushing yourself and progressing. All I know is over the course of the log my strength went up at that is all that matters to me lol

Pumps. - 9.5/10 - loved the pumps on this!!!!! as I have described before they were much different. More of an overall fullness than a painful pump.

Energy - 9.5/10 - not cracked out feeling but good smooth energy with no crash..... one thing different was it seemed to take longer to kick in than others.

Focus - 9/10 - one of the better focus products I have used, not the best but very solid, I love a great focus product and this does the trick.

Overall - 9/10 - honestly the only this that was a negative to me was the weak taste otherwise this was one of the best preworkouts I have ever used! great energy, and focus which are huge, with no crash and great pumps!!!