Frankz2 Logs MST's Preworkout Powerhouse RagNOrok ELITE

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
First off, big thank you to the guys at MST for allowing me the opportunity to sample and log their brand new preworkout RagNOrok ELITE!

RagNOrok-ELITE-30_Dual-Image.png

(From Site)
RagNOrok-ELITE™ is formulated to support strength, nitric oxide, intramuscular carnosine levels, ATP, endurance, focus and drive, all while providing needed electrolytes and antioxidants. *

Enhanced with Our Exclusive OxyCeps-NanO2™
Enhanced with AstraGin™
Now with AGMASS™ Agmatine Sulfate and Nubetaine™ Natural Betaine
Over 13 Grams of Active and Impactful Ingredients Per Serving
Zero Artificial Flavors, Colors or Dyes
Zero Aspartame or Acesulfame Potassium (Ace-K)
Carb Free and Sugar Free
Absolutely Delicious!
Available in Caffeinated Or Caffeine Free Versions
Banned Substance Free**

RagNOrok-ELITE--Supp-Facts_30-servs.png

A little background information, I am 23 having just finished my Masters and finishing up moving out to the great state of Texas. I have been training seriously for about 5 years beginning with a dramatic weight loss journey that saw me go from 320lbs down to 242lbs and 13% bodyfat. Since then I have been working on gaining some weight as I felt too small at 245.

Current stats, training, goals, etc:

Stats:
Height - 6'7
Weight - 274.5lbs after this mornings workout.
BF - not entirely sure. I would estimate around 15-16% considering how I look now compared to my avi which was when I was tested around 13.

Training:
Currently I am training a 4 day bodypart split but am strongly considering going to 5. Right now my schedule looks like,
Mon - Chest/volume triceps
Tues - Back (Deads)/volume Bi's
Wed - off
Thurs - Shoulders/heavy tri
Fri - Legs

I am contemplating cutting all arm work during the week and having a dedicated arm day on saturdays because I've tried going without direct arm work in the past and felt as if they didn't grown enough though that could be a product of me being young and focused on the glory muscle groups to keep the gf happy. Thoughts on my routine are welcome as I have been doing this for some time and am open to change, though it should be noted that powerlifting work is not appealing and really am only concerned with bodybuilding/hypertrophy.

Goals:
Like all of us, I just want to be bigger, stronger, and leaner haha. Specifically, I would love to end up at about 275 10-12%bf though that's long term.
As for product related goals, I would love to see an increase in strength and a good focus result as I haven't found many preworkouts that have been able to provide much on that front. I also anticipate a decent endurance boost as a result of the Cordyceps in this product.

Criteria to be judged:
I will be judging the product on taste, mixability, energy, endurance, strength, pump, and focus. I will give my opinions both acutely, and at the end as I think this product would have more cumulative effects from continued use than most other preworkouts would.

Looking forward to the product arriving and will update workouts as I go just to keep this log relevant and in the flow as this will be my first logging experience here!

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Thursday 9/25/2014 - Shoulders

BB Standing Military: 135x12 WU, 165x8, 165x8, 165x6, 165x6, 95x15 (behind head), 95x12 (behind head).
DB Seated Shoulder Press: 70x8, 70x8, 70x7, 70x5
DB Lateral Raise: 20x15, 25x12, 25x12, 15x15, 10x15 (no rest between final three sets performed AMRAP)
DB Reverse Fly on Glute Ham: 15x12, 25x12, 25x10
Cable Rope Rear Delt: 135x12, 140x12, 140x15
DB Shoulder Shrug: 75x12, 75x17, 75x20 (reps performed slow with hard squeeze at top.

Realized I didn't note in the opening post that all sets are max of a minute rest between them unless otherwise noted.

Quick workout this morning, felt strong, elbow felt a little inflamed after heavy overhead work so no light tricep work today like I would have wanted.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Welcome to the party guys, today was leg day, exactly what I needed to forget about that terrible showing from my Redskins last night.

Friday 9/26

BB Squat: 135x12 WU, 185x12 WU, 225x8, 275x7, 315x3, 255x6, 225x6
Leg Extensions: 165x15, 165x14, 165x13, 165x12 (This is as far as the machine at my gym goes so I'm going to have to find a way to increase the tension here)
Single leg curl using extension seat: 35x12, 45x15, 55x12
Seated Calf Raise: 180x15, 180x15, 180x15

Short and sweet, I stand and turn around on the leg extension to perform my leg curls because my gym only has a seated curl machine which I can't get to fit me well and just doesn't seem to target my ham's the way I would like. All my squats are performed to the full extent of my flexibility which, whenever I ask for a depth spotter, is about 2-3 inches beyond parallel, not bad for 6'7. Leg work the next few weeks will be in the higher, 10-15 rep range so should be pretty grueling.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Well, after a posting hiatus waiting for the goods, the product finally came. Today was a long day between work and outside factors but thanks to a great initial showing from RAGNOROK I got a great leg workout in. Will post details in the morning but so far so good!

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Alright update time.

I expected my workout yesterday to be rough. The highway was shut down so left for work an extra two hours early to cope with traffic and I normally struggle for energy if I have to lift later in the day as yesterday was going to require so I was concerned. However, This RAGNOROK helped immensely!

First, the workout

BB back squat - 135x8 (WU), 185x8 (WU), 225x10, 225x8, 225x6, 225x6, 135x12, 135x10
Leg extensions - 155x13, 155x12,155x12, 155x12
Single leg curl - 40x12,, 40x12, 40x12, 40x12
Seated Calf Raise - 90x20, 135x20, 135x18, 135x15 (Hard squeeze at top of each rep)
BB Preacher curl - 65x12, 95x8, 95x7, 95x6, 65x11
Seated Alt. DB Curl - 25x12, 25x12, 30x12, 30x12

As stated before, 1 min. rest between all sets.

To the important part:

Mixability This was definintely one of the best mixing preworkouts I have ever used. I mixed it in 5oz. of water and shook for about 30 seconds. It then foamed a bit quickly receded. I will take pictures next time I use it to show. However, I experienced no grit or remaining particles. First use: 9/10

Taste The taste is crushing punch as we know, but the most comparable flavor was pineapple juice. I think. Importantly, it was actually enjoyable to drink and went down with no issues. I will think more on comparisons for next use as well. First use: 8/10

Energy Im a big fan of the energy component to this preworkout. Right at about the 30 min. mark I began to experience a slight flushing and some of the beta-alanine tingles as I haven't had it in my pre for a while. The energy component was nice and smooth. Enough to get me over my long day and through my workout but not too much to where I couldn't sleep which is fantastic! As its not overbearing, the energy aspect may be lower for some, but my rating would be an 8-9/10 as it is just what I need.

Endurance My workout last night was higher volume than others and I was able to get through it quite effectively, though I don't know how to distinguish this aspect from just the energy boost. I will reserve judgement on this category to see how my workouts improve with the dosing of this product.

Strength No real comment on the strength benefits to this product either. As shown, I was going for more volume last night but will definitely get some lower rep work in before the log is done.

Pump Surprisingly, the pump on this product, even at one scoop was noticeably better than many I have taken. Keep in mind that I have mostly stuck to the big commercial company preworkouts to this point, but at one scoop I noticed improved vascularity in my arms even though only two exercises were done, And hamstring curls were also difficult towards the end due to the fullness of the muscle. First impression: 8/10

Focus I thought the focus aspect was nice and quite beneficial. It did not last throughout the entire workout, was present probably for the first 20-30 minutes, but was still a nice focus and drive leading to improved mind/muscle connection which I don't normally get with my squat workout but was important working the higher volume like I was last night. First impression: 6.5/10 (knocked down for duration)

Overall I am thrilled with the initial showing of this product. I'm still getting used to trying to do high rep squats and I'm sure I will see improvements in that area in the weeks to come.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Solid initial impressions, man. I am looking forward to see how you fare as the log continues.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Quick update from yesterday's workout before I head to the gym for Back/Bi's today.

Hit chest, set a new bench pr of 225x15! Not sure if that can be attributed to RagNOrok as it has been coming for a while but it definitely helped me overcome the need to workout at 6am which is not normal for me. Did not notice the BA tingles as strongly and for early morning workouts, will definitely need to dose at more than 1 scoop in the future. Accidentally used too much water but figured I would try it anyway and the flavor is barely noticeable at 12-14 oz. Not a negative, but the flavor is good so less water is preferable. Overall still pleased with the product and definitely gave me a lift in that early morning session that will be more frequent in the future.

Will update with todays workout/impression in a few hours.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, man. I'm positive you worked hard to get that new PR, so give yourself some credit, boss. You earned it.

Keep up the good work.

Also, I found that shaking up the tub gets a better scoop. Some ingredients can settle to the bottom.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Yeah, I make sure to shake all preworkouts before dosing. I think I was just so out of it that instead of feeling above an beyond with energy/tingles, it just felt at equilibrium which was still beneficial. Today's does was better. I will update on that shortly.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Another day, another workout. Hit back and bi's today which would normally mean deads but hamstrings were still sore from legs on Saturday. That 100,000 squat thread will be death of me. Anyway, on to the nitty gritty:

Mixed 1 heaping scoop with 6oz. water and taste was great again. Still a very tropical flavor which is enjoyable as long as it is not overloaded with water. The past two doses have had a little graininess to them which is too bad given how smoothly the first dose mixed. However, the slight tingles were back, and the focus was there for the first 30-45 minutes or so. I felt as if endurance was aided to some degree too as I added additional sets to my compounds (pull-ups and BB rows). Also set another PR hitting 205 x8 on BB rows so pretty thrilled with that.

One heaping scoop definitely appears to be my sweet spot and am looking forward to continued use and improvement. I think I may have a strength week next week and see what RagNOrok can do for trying to hit some 1RM PR's instead of these rep PR's.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great log so far man, loving all the detail and initial impressions.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Great log so far man, loving all the detail and initial impressions.
You guys provided the opportunity and were generous enough to send a full tub. Just trying to do right by y'all providing details for you and other potential consumers.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
You guys provided the opportunity and were generous enough to send a full tub. Just trying to do right by y'all providing details for you and other potential consumers.

And that's much appreciated, sir.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Another day, another PR on RagNOrok!

Hit shoulders early this morning and having learned from my last early morning lift I dosed a heaping scoop this time (probably closer to 1.5 scoops). As with every other dose, the flavor was still spot on. The mixability while still very good, has seemed a little worse the past few doses. May be a result of the heaping scoop instead of level? felt the energy and BA tingles set in about 25-30 minutes after dosing and the energy carried me well through the workout. The pump was also one of the better shoulder pumps I've experienced which was awesome to see. Took a couple swelfies but the gym lighting washed em out so no pics tonight.

The workout:
Standing BB Military Press PR 185x6!
Seated DB Shoulder Press
Standing DB lateral raise
DB Shrug
Reverse fly
Cable face pull
Chest dip
Lying EZ bar tricep extension

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Another PR?! Awesome. Glad to hear everything in that post.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Either i was sitting on the edge or the RagNOrok is helping immensely. With it being PR's in the big lifts I'm pretty surprised, though time will tell.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Didnt get a chance to update yesterday but was in a shoddy mood for some reason. Workout was quite poor and nothing was salvaging it. Just one of those days I guess. Got in, hit some squats, leg extensions/leg curls, calf raises and called it a day. In and out in about 30 minutes.

RagNOrok still tasted great and provided a good energy, but the focus wasn't enough to pull me out of my funk. Going to hit a 1RM test week this upcoming week before i try the PHAT program. Hoping for some big numbers!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Everyone has those days, don't sweat the small stuff.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yep, it happens to all of us, gotta keep rolling along.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Thanks guys. Not sweating it. Going to hit a 1RM week then change up the programming. Honestly think I was just getting bored. Looking forward to trying to break that 3 plate plateau on bench tonight.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Got back after it today.

Wasnt able to set a new 1 rep pr. That halfway sticking point gets me every time.

With that said, strength isn't my primary purpose in all this and I had a great workout. Superset some things together and had a massive pump in the chest/tri's. Tingles and energy set in quick as well. RagNOrok really seems to shine for me during endurance work.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Seems to be a consensus that ragnorok is great for endurance. Glad to hear this

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Sorry for the lac of updates. This de load week has been quite necessary to refocus and rest.

Hit the gym up on Tuesday for a quick back/bi session. Would have normally done deads but felt a little twinge in my knee and got scared off of it when warming up. Same great taste I've come to expect from RagNOrok. Still 20-25 minutes for tingles/energy/focus to kick for me. I dont normally chase a pump but supersetting my exercises together had me feeling massive. Great workout!

Any other loggers or reps find a way to get rid of the sediment at the bottom? It is super fine and not an issue at all, but was just curious.

Aiming for a heavy OHP day today with some shoulders. Will update later this evening.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've noticed people saying that everything's been mixing fine for them. I haven't tried out the new version myself so I'm not sure.
Heavy OHP used to be one of my favorite lifts. Have a good session man.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to see how the OHPs go. Best of luck, brotha!

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Another no PR. I honestly think at this point its a result of not eating enough. Time and financial constraints makes feeding the 6'7 frame a little tough but I'm going to reexamine my planning and likely prep more ahead of time.

Had 225 on OHP to about forehead level but stalled out. 205 flew up so probably could have hit 215 but wanted the two plates. Got the blood flowing and a great pump before heading out.

As for my previous Mixability comments, it is still one of the best mixing pre's I have ever used. Definitely not an issue. However, that first dose was like something out of a dream with absolutely no particles and haven't figured out what I have been doing differently.

I'm going to be very disappointed with this tub is empty. The smooth, clean energy is just perfect for me. No overly stemmed out feeling and obviously no crash. Very well put together.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the kind words, Frank. Sorry to hear about you not hitting your PR, but like you said it might have been from undereating. I couldn't imagine how difficult it is to feed a 6'7 beast. Just keep working hard and keep the eye on the prize, bud.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Sorry about the lack of updates. Had an employee quit at work so the other manager and myself got stuck covering their shifts and running around tying things up. To the update.

Monday 10/20

Started PHAT training and had a great upper power day. Unlike any training I had done it was great to mix it up. RagNOrok did its job again providing a very smooth energy. The tingles weren't there which was odd but still got a great lift.

Tuesday 10/21

Lower body power day went well and making yesterday's lack of tingles even more confusing is that they were particularly noticeable today. Not sure what happened as the dosing was identical, but energy, BA tingles, focus and endurance were all fantastic this morning.

As a side note, I think I have found stirring RagNOrok to be better than shaking it. Shaking leads to foam and some extra grit, but I stirred it today for no more than 15 seconds and it was damn near perfect. Still beyond pleased with the energy level and effectiveness of this product. Taste hasn't gotten old yet and provides just enough to get me up and through my workout without being over the top in any aspect.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Appreciate it. So far so good! Looking forward to what the Hypertrophy days gold as RagNOrok would probably be most beneficial then.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, frank. I think that might be where it truly shines :D

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Smashed a back/shoulders day today. Hit 260 on BB row for a triple which was a massive PR. RagNOrok was big time on the Hypertrophy, higher volume day. Also, mixed my preworkout about 20 minutes before consuming and zero grittiness. I found what I did the first day. The flavor is still great and makes me want to stop pounding it so it will last longer. Hitting lower Hypertrophy early tomorrow and will post update after work.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds great man, strong BB row. You must definitely be feeling the pumps on a hypertrophy routine now.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Yeah the pump was pretty brutal. Didn't expect that to be such an enjoyable attribute of this pre when I initially read the label but I've sure enjoyed it. Was great during Hypertrophy day.

Took the day off today. Work and legs were still smashed from Tuesday. Hitting an upper Hypertrophy day tomorrow then celebrating my birthday with my gf. Will post an update when I get home from the gym.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to the update. If you find pumps extremely enjoyable, I've got a little tip for you as well, something that pairs up very nicely with this product. If you were to take ~50g of quick carbs or so preworkout (within 45min to an hour), with your choice GDA (glucose disposal agent / nutrient partitioner), or even with 250mg of NA-RALA to keep it simple and shuttle the carbs, your pumps will be extreme alongside the RagNOrok. Make sure to have a lot of water with those carbs and the GDA/NA-RALA. It's a great tip to really amplify those pumps, although it might not really be needed haha.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Pumps are never really the goal, more an enjoyable side effect. As for carbs, I've found that anything within an hour and a half sits like a rock in my stomach, regardless of quantity. Even mixing my pre's with too much water makes me water-logged and uncomfortable.

As for the workout, got a great chest and arms Hypertrophy day in. Felt pretty strong an weight is finally back up a pound.

The RagNOrok was money on the energy and pumps again. The tingles have started to fade some as I've acclimated and the focus aspect hasn't been too potent either but still a very clean energy helping me exceed my goals each workout. Especially on the higher rep sets.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I should've specified fast emptying high GI carbs an hour pre-workout (powders or liquids for example)... but I feel you. Good to hear you're enjoying the product.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to the update. If you find pumps extremely enjoyable, I've got a little tip for you as well, something that pairs up very nicely with this product. If you were to take ~50g of quick carbs or so preworkout (within 45min to an hour), with your choice GDA (glucose disposal agent / nutrient partitioner), or even with 250mg of NA-RALA to keep it simple and shuttle the carbs, your pumps will be extreme alongside the RagNOrok. Make sure to have a lot of water with those carbs and the GDA/NA-RALA. It's a great tip to really amplify those pumps, although it might not really be needed haha.
Really big fan of Na-R-ALA.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
I knew what you meant. Never tried the Na-R-ALA. Just enhances nutrient delivery essentially?

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
It's a GDA and a fairly powerful antioxidant. There's tons of good stuff about it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use it to control & manipulate blood sugar and glycogen stores, but as an anti-oxidant, it's my favorite - alongside NAC.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Looks like tomorrow will be a research filled morning before work. Appreciate the info guys, it's why I'm on these forums. Upper power tomorrow morning after going to the DPS for a new license as it expired on my birthday yesterday. Praying for no lines.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Quick update before heading to bed.

Hit an upper power day, DB's at my gym only go up to 100 so I'm going to need to get creative next week. Had a great workout however hitting some solid PR's and just great energy from the RagNOrok. Looking forward to lower power.

How 'bout those Redskins!?

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Lower power today. Wasn't feeling it at all when I got off work as we are ridiculously understaffed but the RagNOrok helped me out a ton. A nice smooth energy and a nice warming tingle. Started sweating during stretching which was nice tonight. Endurance seems way up as the reps for same weight just keeps climbing workout to workout.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Redskins fan, ey? Can't say I am but I do like Colt McCoy.

And there's another note of endurance boosted in relation to RagNOrok :D